^^ feel free to sent me a few thoussand (you know, real euro money, not the monopoly money you play with to feel rich) so I can buy another server to please your unthankfull self.

Well that wasn't rude or disrespectful at all... Not being un-greatful or un-thankful sir but it takes literally 3 hours to download something this size, on a 100Mb connection too! I wasn't asking YOU to put up a mirror...

Yeah, so before calling one of your members out please feel free to ask why I would like a mirror first. Aight? I don't take nicely to "professional" admins calling members out like that, I've had to deal with it too often and would like not to again.

-Shadow

Edit:

All the rest of you people need to calm the hell down too, don't know why it's so hard to ask for one damn simple thing around here anymore.

Edited by LtShadow
info added

Changing the line "volumeFX=X;" in your profile cfg doesn't change the volume of the gunshots and explosions. Setting this high would result in the menu screen being louder than the gunshots.

don't know why it's so hard to ask for one damn simple thing around here anymore.

Because people like you act like you're owed something while contributing absolutely nothing.

How the heck can anyone be offended by someone stating a fact? Armaholic was slow compared to my internet speed and other possible file sharing services. Especially when there was a hundred simultaneous downloaders getting the same big mod file. What's wrong with saying it out loud? The guy was only asking for a faster mirror because he didn't see them first.

I'm sorry for continuing this offtopic discussion.

Can't wait to play with this the whole weekend. Thanks again, LJ!

Jesus guys,

Are we done yet? After months of complaining that the old RC4 is not working, you complain about the long time before this version arrives, and now we have another discussion about what? A freaking free to use, always available and maintained free of charge service?

Like Louis CK once said: Why are we expecting it to be perfect all the fucking time? We are not contributing or helping or anything...

Now let's please get back to the main topic here: all the little issues and problem I missed :P

LJ

Thanks for the update and all your hard work.

Downloading now and very curious how it will sound.

Hey LJ, amazing sounds here, I love it!

About the little issues, I am not sure if this is because of Dragonfyre or is Arma bugged.

I wanted to test and hear firefights as much as possible (and they sounded convincing!), but suddenly I started hearing vanilla gunshots here and there in heavy firefights. I think it was MAR-10 what I at least heard, it has very distinctive vanilla sound.

I also had terrible fps (too many AI) when I started to hear vanilla sounds, maybe that affects it. Megasound mod has this same thing. Maybe it's my audio settings like number of sound sources or it is arma problem?

This I don't know if it's a bug, but Cyrus rifle has realistic fast fullauto mode... and holy hell it's amazing! It empties mags like Rahim :D

E: oooh, I think you snuck these in because Navid no longer has the stupid burst either :o

Edited by oggoeg

Can anyone mention what the compatibility the new update has with Laxemanns enhanced sound scape

I know with the original jsrs 3 launch it disabled LESS but after a few cba updates or whatever it was it started working again. Personally I really like LESS but if it doesn't work with the new JSRS then I remove it.

Can anyone mention what the compatibility the new update has with Laxemanns enhanced sound scape

I know with the original jsrs 3 launch it disabled LESS but after a few cba updates or whatever it was it started working again. Personally I really like LESS but if it doesn't work with the new JSRS then I remove it.

Well, if you HAVEN`T removed it so far, why dont you test it then :) Let others know what happens.

LJ

I just noticed that there is no hit-sounds of heavy calibre or missile in the armored vehicles, when a player is inside. LJ, before you promised them to do. It has been a difficult task?

And yet I was wrong. The sound of heavy hits are present in mod, but they are not noticeable, because the too quiet.

I did some tests. They can be heard, only when the vehicle is not moving out battle. But when, during combat, the player hears a lot of other sounds (radio, engine, shots and etc), then the sound of hits hard to hear:( I think the sound of heavy hits for the player, which inside the vehicles should have the highest priority, because in real life it's impossible not to hear the hit into your vehicle from heavy weapons.

I made a video, for example. This is hit AT-missile. This sound almost inaudible:

LJ only my subjective opinion: Sounds of heavy hits, should sound significantly louder.

Also it would be great to try to add the sound of concussion (tinnitus) when the player is inside the tank or other heavy vehicle and gets a heavy hit.

Such a feature can significantly enhance the player simulation!

It's just an opinion for improvement of DragonFyre mod. Overall, I'm enjoying it, thanks.

Edited by mickeymen

Off topic; sorry LJ

I spoke with Foxhound earlier and apologized that I may have offended him (and the team). I was just being too impatient as my week at the airport has been busy as hell and wanted to play before going back out.

I didn't see the Mega link before my original post? Time warp posted one *after* I had said something (I have him on steam so we spoke about it).

I wasn't complaining, rather, just wanting another download source.

I love what the guys at Armaholic do and wouldn't do a thing to put their work in jeopardy.

Back on topic;

love the new release LJ! :D

I don't know is it reported already but i can't hear the gbu explosion sound ??? or any bomb sound dropped from air game up to date latest !

Just gotta say if tinnitus would be added I hope it would be optional. I have tinnitus and obviously I don't like it. The sound can drive people insane for real and it can be very loud. It can be anything but pleasant to hear.

For example I couldn't sleep properly for two weeks when my tinnitus started and got very loud. And it was the worst time of my life, I almost lost my sanity during that period.

I just wanted to give a heads up because it isn't a "nice" sound afterall.

Just gotta say if tinnitus would be added I hope it would be optional

I mean a reasonable sound limits.

Something simular this explosion of grenade tinnitus:

Okay, since nobody answered I show you how I did my installation. i put folowwing files in my ARMA 3 folder: CBA 1.1.23.150604 RC7 (Its the only one I used. Anything missing?) and JSRS3-DragonFyre-SP-v10.

The ARMA 3 Launcher has these settings:

22428691sn.jpg[/img]

22428703vf.jpg[/img]

Anything wrong?

Edited by Blickwechsel

I mean a reasonable sound limits.

Something simular this explosion of grenade tinnitus:

Prime example of the high pitch sound inside my head :D It is ok as long as it would be optional.

I hope you understand that sound can be very disturbing for some.

E:

it can be like torture

Prime example of the high pitch sound inside my head :D It is ok as long as it would be optional.

I hope you understand that sound can be very disturbing for some.

E:

it can be like torture

The game has a lot of other loud sounds. For example fire, explosions, sonic crack. I think not possible to satisfy each player.

You only do not carry tinnitus sound? :confused:

Anyway the game has a setting of sound effects. Unfortunately the game does not give us the ability to adjust the sound in more detail, but still any player can always lower the sound level.

Okay, since nobody answered I show you how I did my installation. i put folowwing files in my ARMA 3 folder: CBA 1.1.23.150604 RC7 (Its the only one I used. Anything missing?) and JSRS3-DragonFyre-SP-v10.

The ARMA 3 Launcher has these settings:

http://up.picr.de/22428691sn.jpg

http://up.picr.de/22428703vf.jpg

Anything wrong?

Why are you using the parameters when the mod manager does it all on itself? Also, CBA should be moved up on top.

Great release man, this gives so much more depth to the battlefield, love the vehicle sounds and weapons are sounding sweet!

I use everything I can :p

This mod doesn´t work. Explosion sound like in the videos. But infantry battle sounds like vanilla (with that odd sound when bullets fly by, as if someone hits a pencil on the desk). I tested it several times. i deinstalled and reinstalle and the sounds are the same.

Why are you using the parameters when the mod manager does it all on itself? Also, CBA should be moved up on top.

Yup, your Mods line should look like : @CBA_A3;@BC-Phoenix;@DragonFyre

you should always keep CBA at first place in your load order, as it is often a preriquisite for other mods, and indeed, you can probably uncheck the starting parameters box.

hope this can help

I made the order as you guys said. Maybe I try installing the whole game anew.

Could someone please do a video with grenade throwing with the mod enable/disabled. Arma says the mods are installed but the grenades sound definetely different from what I hear on Youtube.

Edited by Blickwechsel

@LJ how to disable LEXMAN script in this mod it takes too much FPS :(

LJ - I also am unable to hear ANY explosion sound from a UGB or GBU (GBU-12 or similar) from an aircraft.

I'm just using JSRS DragonFyre.