HEllo,

is it normal that JSRS Dragonfyre doesn´t work with campaign missions? I ask that, because within the editor and Virtual reality it works perfectly well. It´s only the standard campaign missions that play the old dull sounds.

Would be nice if someone could help me :)

HEllo,

is it normal that JSRS Dragonfyre doesn´t work with campaign missions? I ask that, because within the editor and Virtual reality it works perfectly well. It´s only the standard campaign missions that play the old dull sounds.

Would be nice if someone could help me :)

Would have been great if I checked that before the release, lol. Damn, can't even think about any problem that could cause something that weirdly as its the same game, same weapons, everything... I'll look into it.

LJ

I've been playing for a few hours! This is a continuous pleasure! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks for this release!!!

I just noticed that there is no hit-sounds of heavy calibre or missile in the armored vehicles, when a player is inside.

LJ, before you promised them to do. It has been a difficult task?

I know this is SP only. But let's say I ran this on server, and all clients. Just how broken would the game be?

Would have been great if I checked that before the release, lol. Damn, can't even think about any problem that could cause something that weirdly as its the same game, same weapons, everything... I'll look into it.

LJ

Oh wow, an answer from "the man" himself :)

Yeah, I hope you can help me with that. Ich hatte Dir ne PM mit der gleichen Problematik über ein anderes Forum geschrieben. Hast Du die bekommen?

Beste Grüße,

Blickwechsel

Just wow, i have never had so much fun playing this game in singleplayer. All I did was setup a simple 3v3 in the editor and I had a ton of fun just admiring the sound environment. Thanks LJH for a truly experience-transforming mod.

Hi again LJ!

I have found another bug, if you fire a 9 rockets from the MLRS when they hit the ground you only hear about 3 of the explosions, the rest just goes silent :(

Also, distant sounds are really quiet aswell, im talking about 200 to 900m.

Thanks again for the hard work! Apart from this small bugs the new version is so good!

Is there any chance that this will be put up on playwithsix soon? Thanks!

Is there any chance that this will be put up on playwithsix soon? Thanks!

yeah good point lol this is what i mainly use

Can anyone please upload a mirror? Armaholic is slow as always.

^^ feel free to sent me a few thoussand (you know, real euro money, not the monopoly money you play with to feel rich) so I can buy another server to please your unthankfull self.

Foxhound don't listen to them , Armaholic is always my number 1!! :)

comment removed

Edited by tyl3r99
bit harsh of me

Seriously man, be thankful that Foxhound and Co. spend their free time scouring all the topics and upload our mods when they get to it, along with the PWS, and Arma3.de team.

Updated mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LordJarhead , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

ArmAHolic = Great for downloads if time is not an issue or downloads are small, but its very very reliable and is usually the first to update, also has a great UI.

Play with Six = best option for keeping mods up to date, especially if you do not follow the mod community often, good UI, decent download rates, but can be unreliable, my clan mates and I in a 2 hour session crash an average of 5-6 times (not exaggerated). *Note the reliability issues are NOT server based but PROGRAM based, I am confident that with all the crash reports people put out a future update might fix this issue.

High Speed Mirrors = excellent for faster downloading, however can be unreliable and are generally last to have the updates

Torrents = pretty rare to get, but if popular enough an excellent way to get the best of both worlds, however getting the updates on torrents and the users to seed is a big issue in many cases.

This pretty much sums up all of your most popular mod download choices, I personally stick to PWS (despite the unreliability of the program at times) and ArmAholic. Now for news feeds I rely on these forums and ArmAHolic, both kecharles28 and Foxhound spend a TON of time on here making sure when new mod updates roll out they are some of the first to get them uploaded, be grateful.

• Like 1

my clan mates and I in a 2 hour session crash an average of 5-6 times (not exaggerated).

Try checking the "Recieve beta updates" box, works near-flawlessly for me.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Check the "Recieve beta updates" box, works near-flawlessly for me.

I will try that, if it works I will edit my post to reflect, I love PWS, if that update fixes my only issue I will be ecstatic.

Great new release!

I really love the distant gun sounds!

One small but nonetheless annoying issue:

I believe one of the environment samples has some wierd humming background noise. It has a very low frequency, and is swelling and fading regularly say every 3 seconds. (First I thought it was my system fan...)

.Greetings,

usually I do not comment on matters related to our client in other peoples thread as I do not want to high jack other topics, out of respect for the authors, thus I also want to caution everyone to get back to the topic.

As part of the small team team behind withSIX I can only say that it is our goal to provide a good and reliable solution for mod distribution, that not only allows authors to easily upload but also users to download and use mods for ArmA and beyond.

Unfortunately the current client indeed has several issues with performance and stability. We have already improved on that with the latest release (available on withSIX.com). However there will be a major improvement coming soon, that will not only completely solve any performance and stability issues, but also greatly improve the UI and download/play experience.

If you are interested to give feedback, help and or test, contact me or anyone of the team.

Gracias and my apologies to reply off topic. :o

JSRS3: DragonFyre is updated to 1.0 of course :)

@LordJarhead feel free t claim your mod and manage content and meta data directly on the page.

Edited by kecharles28

this is just awesome thanks LJ i love the distance sounds , the new explosions and everything this mod offers but i noticed that there are no sonic cracks or am i doing something wrong?

I personally enjoy using both withsix AND armaholic. When it comes to large mods though, I use withsix simply because it is easier to download updates than to redownload the whole mod. However, armaholic does seem to have a wider selection of hard to find mods. Not to mention, I have been using armaholic for years; since the "old days" of Arma haha. Anyways, glad to hear it is up now. I LOVE the vids, especially the sounds of the distant firefights. God I love this community.

Edited by corona2172
Grammar

this is just awesome thanks LJ i love the distance sounds , the new explosions and everything this mod offers but i noticed that there are no sonic cracks or am i doing something wrong?

I don't seem to notice sonic cracks from my weapon but AI-used weapons work as expected.

Edit: I am only hearing sonic cracks from enemy weapons, my own weapon and even friendly AI weapons are not producing any sonic cracks.

However there will be a major improvement coming soon, that will not only completely solve any performance and stability issues, but also greatly improve the UI and download/play experience.

Thanks for the update on PW6 development, update will be well-awaited. :)

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Here are some issues we found so far:

-GBU rounds are very muffled, no distant effects

-AH-99 Blackfoot Asraam-Missile missing impact sounds

-MI-48 Kajman Scalpel-Missile missing impact sounds

-A-164 Wipeout Macer AGM-Missile missing impact sounds

-A-164 Wipeout Falchion-22 AAM-Missile missing impact sounds

For any more stuff, keep posting what you guys find. I will update this list troughout the thread then.

LJ

- Can confirm the lack of distant effects for GBU rounds and the missing impact sounds for aircrafts.

- Concerning the M2A1 slammer sounds, noticed that the M200 coaxial machine gun sounds kinda strange...you can hear the echo/distant sound well, but not the shot itself, which seems to become hearable in a very short radius from the tank (appearing abruptly at approx. 50 meters).

- About the echo system, noticed some more delays between the shot and the echo, mainly appearing when the player is near the buildings (Streets, cities). it's more a question than a report, if you guys don't encounter the same, maybe it's time for me to invest in a better CPU :rolleyes:

On a more general note, this version is simply epic : distant gunfights/explosions are great, gunshots, new vehicle/aircraft sounds, the whole thing reaches a new level of sound immersion.

Very, very nice job :)