unfortunately real life (job, family etc) has to come first.

Yeah, on the first day, god created mankind and computer gaming, and on the second he plagued us with RL. I think it's meant as a challenge.

Yeah, on the first day, god created mankind and computer gaming, and on the second he plagued us with RL. I think it's meant as a challenge.

Jees, you went all back there to quote that post :P Awesome :)

LJ

Great news LJ, cannot wait for next update! :cool:

Quick question guys.

1) Is Dragonfyre messed up trying to use it in multiplayer coop games? I thought I saw someone mention it is only working in singleplayer.

2) Does Dragonfyre work with LS_Enhanced Soundscape?

Quick question guys.

1) Is Dragonfyre messed up trying to use it in multiplayer coop games? I thought I saw someone mention it is only working in singleplayer.

2) Does Dragonfyre work with LS_Enhanced Soundscape?

Yes and No,with the new updates the scripts in dragonfyre are messed up and the LS enhanced soundscape is already inbuilt with the DF.

Yes and No,with the new updates the scripts in dragonfyre are messed up and the LS enhanced soundscape is already inbuilt with the DF.

To express it in some nicer words which is in the end the exact same dysfunction ( :D ):

The scripts are kinda working around a good multiplayer functionality right now and we are importing a new script and switch everything back to a normal state, fully client side and MP able. And yes, the L_ES features are mostly integrated, except the echo system which caused to much fps loss back then. But it should probably work with the new scripts once they are implemented.

LJ

Sorry, i'm not very clear on the MP status, is it usable right now as of the current (older) version on Playwith Six?

I've been using it Coop MP with some friends, and it's seemed ok, is there a problem or potential issue I should be wary of?

Sorry, i'm not very clear on the MP status, is it usable right now as of the current (older) version on Playwith Six?

I've been using it Coop MP with some friends, and it's seemed ok, is there a problem or potential issue I should be wary of?

No I was talking about the latest build of DragonFyre. The current build is not working a hundret percent and causes issues. The RC4 that is available here and on PlayWithSix, is a different script that works but does not deliver the same possibilities as the latest one. Tho since the RC4 is an old version and arma has been updated in between, most of the sounds are messed up. Believe Mr, DragonFyre normally sounds a thousand percent better.

I know many are waiting for something to happen. So I will probably release the latest build with the warning that there is no multi player supported yet...

LJ

Yeah please do, many of us play single player missions and use the editor for skirmishes. So it would be much appreciated if you can release something :)

No I was talking about the latest build of DragonFyre. The current build is not working a hundret percent and causes issues. The RC4 that is available here and on PlayWithSix, is a different script that works but does not deliver the same possibilities as the latest one. Tho since the RC4 is an old version and arma has been updated in between, most of the sounds are messed up. Believe Mr, DragonFyre normally sounds a thousand percent better.

I know many are waiting for something to happen. So I will probably release the latest build with the warning that there is no multi player supported yet...

LJ

Oh no, i'm sorry, I was talking about Dragonfyre lite, my mistake. Is that the same status? Should I not use that and just wait for the new updates?

Can I ask, why does a sound mod necessitate MP scripting?

+1 for sp release you can even call it DragonFyre(SP) :D

+1 too i'm playing only Sp coz of my bad connection :/

The scripts are kinda working around a good multiplayer functionality right now and we are importing a new script and switch everything back to a normal state, fully client side and MP able. And yes, the L_ES features are mostly integrated, except the echo system which caused to much fps loss back then. But it should probably work with the new scripts once they are implemented.

LJ

Glad to hear you made some changes with the echo system. with much respect for laxeman's great ideas and valuable work, those performance improvements are more than welcome.

Yeah, that first SP update could be a win/win, single players could enjoy the new version and you could benefit from some feedback while you advance towards the full version, if it's not duplicating the work as you're in the process of importing the MP script...it's up to you!

Thanks for the efforts :)

Hope to see a only SP version i think many of us only play offline by many factor like connection,hardware and the main factor performance,and thanks for the headsup LJ you're the best :cool:

Yes I guess you are right. And I had this idea for a long time anyways. Makes not much sense having the mod dusting around here waiting for the new scripts to be implemented. So I changed the frontpage already but just have to upload the mod to various sites. For some reason my FTP seems not to be reachable today, so I might need a different side, but I'll contact Foxhound already.

So just as a little warm-maker, here is the updated frontpage features part:

NEW/UPDATEDFEATURES

Let me point out some new features that are working right now in this Singleplayer Release:

First, all distant sounds are working. Weapons and explosions. Also the directional environment detection

is working great. Combined with the new tail system created by BIS I was able to archive some real cool effects.

Besides all the scripting part, the mod includes 9300 new sound effects. RC4 is a old and dusty version compared to this one.

All vehicles got reworked and new mixed, finished with stereo interior sounds so you can easily pinpoint in a vehicle

where the engine is located for example. Also there are new sounds for offroading and general velocity and damper effects.

New jet sounds, most have seen them in the videos, are coming along great as well. The new engine, wind, speed and velocity

effects add a really intense immersion towards flying a war machine like these three beauties.

Tanks, MRAPS, Trucks, Cars, all got new engine sounds, tire effects, tracks effects, turning turret sounds, interior reloading

sounds and many more. Driving a tank sounds like driving one now. All the MRAPS and heavy Trucks have some powerful

V6 - V8 turbo diesel engine sounds so they sound as powerful as they are like.

The environment got updated. A forest is sounding deep and with birds and wind in its trees. A meadow is flat and quiet,

houses buzz slightly from their air conditioners. The rain is ripples on the ground, the trees, the windshield of your vehicle.

The new soniccracks pitch harsh around your head, demand you to take cover and make you easily locate the shooters

position. The firing sound of weapons in and outside of buildings does also allow a specific identification of the weapon.

All in all, this is my absolute best sound mod I ever come up with and I'm here to share it with you guys!

I really hope you like it :) But even if you do, dont hesitate to report any bugs, RPT's or general feedback.

Tho, the part with the feedback is always tricky, as I mostly just go for my own feeling with these sounds hehe.

Have a lot of fun guys! And I promise you it wont take forever before we can load this thing up for the multiplayer and get really started! :)

LJ

PS: I'll let you know when it happens :)

Anyone able to share large files :P? Uploading to mega right now, but have only 10GB of sharing. Which means I can only share with 4 people max. One of them is foxhound. So that makes 3. :X

Edited by LordJarhead

I just hope MP version won't take *too long.

I m still happy for the huge amount of work (and quality) you invested on.

Keep up LJ

We are uploading the files now to various file sharing sites, Armaholic and others. As I'm on the road right now, I will inform you with all the links later today tonight.

Thanks guys,

LJ

Many thanks for your persistent work. I am excited about the sound locating part.

Big thanks Lj.

I'm sorry but i didn't really understand what's the difference between this new version and the futur MP version ? Only Mp version compatible will be added ? Really sorry if i miss some explanation. :/

Thanks again for Sp release for guyz like me who can't play MP.

Big thanks Lj.

I'm sorry but i didn't really understand what's the difference between this new version and the futur MP version ? Only Mp version compatible will be added ? Really sorry if i miss some explanation. :/

Thanks again for Sp release for guyz like me who can't play MP.

Dude this version wil be SP only and the new MP version will be mp compatible and maybe if we find some bugs he probably will patch it .

And thanks for the birthday gift LJ :yay: you're the best

Okay thanks

So new version (Sp) will be fully rebuild with all the new feature :D

thanks ! :)

Okay thanks

So new version (Sp) will be fully rebuild with all the new feature :D

thanks ! :)

Well the SP release will be the same future versions, it contains all the sounds and feature that were planned but they are not working in multiplayer. That's just because the scripts only work differently causing RPTs and broadcasts sounds via network which is an absolute no go. So that's what we trying to fix with the new scripts. But this sp release will contain all the features and sounds that I planned, but just works in single player. OK? :)

LJ