So here is the new jet update:

So the update are:

- New jet engine and turbine effects

- Wind noises base on speed

- Cockpit/wind/vibration effects based on various speed areas

- Velocity effects but still WIP

- Exterior velocity effects WIP

There is some minor tweaks that I want to do later but this is basically it so far. I will make more velocity effects and more noticeable as they are now... well not really audible.

LJ

Now that's very close to the real deal, your work is truly amazing!

If i'm allowed to expose my humble opinion, which is of course opened to contrary statements, the last and only thing which still bothers me is what i call the "thrust range", so to say, the sample played when we press the throttle button which may, as you said, fade a bit with the speed.

i only came across 2 interesting articles about sound configs : http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:sound and http://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/26436/b286-arma-2-vehicle-sound-config-tutorial-introduction.html

You may correct me if i'm (probably) wrong, but as i understand it, the "throttle" sample is, in 1st person view, "EngineHighIn", to oppose to "Forsage" (sample displayed at engine start) and "EngineLow" which handles the fly-by/jet wash effect.

let's take a look at the video : in order to take off, you apply full throttle (i guess) at 0:33-0:35 for the A16-4, 3:30-3:32 for the A143 and 5:55-5:57 for the Neophron (though the engine thrust and RPM only seem to "open" at 6:10-6:13)

Am i the only one to think that they are really shy and quiet? just to compare, i found a really good video illustrating a full throttle effect when taking off (the range stays exactly the same when flying in normal conditions, but exceeded by Wind and stress sounds)

(displayed between 0:37-0:45) ;)

Noticed you were still working on velocity effects and, apart from the throttle detail, the whole rest of the effects are top notch. great job.

For the AI classes you wondered about, i found some, but i guess you already took care of these ones : B_Recon_Sharpshooter_F (MAR-10), B_CTRG_Sharphooter_F (MAR-10), B_Sharpshooter_F (Mk1-EMR), O_Pathfinder_F (ASP-1 Kir), O_Sharpshooter_F (Cyrus), O_Urban_Sharpshooter_F (Cyrus), I_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), B_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), O_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), O_HeavyGunner_F (Navid), O_Urban_HeavyGunner_F (Navid) and B_HeavyGunner_F (SPMG). source : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Weapons

Hope you won't be fed up with my opinions, i'm just quite fond of flying machines!

Keep up the great work :)

Now that's very close to the real deal, your work is truly amazing!

If i'm allowed to expose my humble opinion, which is of course opened to contrary statements, the last and only thing which still bothers me is what i call the "thrust range", so to say, the sample played when we press the throttle button which may, as you said, fade a bit with the speed.

i only came across 2 interesting articles about sound configs : http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:sound and http://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/26436/b286-arma-2-vehicle-sound-config-tutorial-introduction.html

You may correct me if i'm (probably) wrong, but as i understand it, the "throttle" sample is, in 1st person view, "EngineHighIn", to oppose to "Forsage" (sample displayed at engine start) and "EngineLow" which handles the fly-by/jet wash effect.

let's take a look at the video : in order to take off, you apply full throttle (i guess) at 0:33-0:35 for the A16-4, 3:30-3:32 for the A143 and 5:55-5:57 for the Neophron (though the engine thrust and RPM only seem to "open" at 6:10-6:13)

Am i the only one to think that they are really shy and quiet? just to compare, i found a really good video illustrating a full throttle effect when taking off (the range stays exactly the same when flying in normal conditions, but exceeded by Wind and stress sounds)

(displayed between 0:37-0:45) ;)

Noticed you were still working on velocity effects and, apart from the throttle detail, the whole rest of the effects are top notch. great job.

For the AI classes you wondered about, i found some, but i guess you already took care of these ones : B_Recon_Sharpshooter_F (MAR-10), B_CTRG_Sharphooter_F (MAR-10), B_Sharpshooter_F (Mk1-EMR), O_Pathfinder_F (ASP-1 Kir), O_Sharpshooter_F (Cyrus), O_Urban_Sharpshooter_F (Cyrus), I_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), B_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), O_G_Sharpshooter_F (Mk14), O_HeavyGunner_F (Navid), O_Urban_HeavyGunner_F (Navid) and B_HeavyGunner_F (SPMG). source : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Weapons

Hope you won't be fed up with my opinions, i'm just quite fond of flying machines!

Keep up the great work :)

Hey,

all the classes like EngineHighIn or Forsage can be designed and used for what ever kinda sound I want to put it. There is no need that Forsage is meant to be forsage, I could use the class for and Idle sounds if I want to. The same way I just add new classes to the vehicle like VelocityOut and VelocityIn, something like that.

So yeah, the thrust sounds are kinda quiet, I admit that. I will make them more louder, tho the initial Idea was to have the frequency based on the thrustFactor. The more thrust the higher pitched the sound is. Didn`t worked out so far and sounded horrible. Will try to work this way out. I dont want it to be as normal as in vanilla, when you give full throttle the sound just gets from muted to normal volume but no real frequency change like the video you posted. The sound starts slow and goes up with the RPM. But thats rather hard to simulate right now. I will have to find a way somehow.

Velocity will be worked on, I just increased the values a little and will test that later.

Thanks for the weapons list, but you've posted the classes that uses the gun, so those are the Units. I need the fireclasses the AI is using. For some reason they use different classes like I do. For example we normally use classes like class Single: Mode_SemiAuto and class FullAuto: Mode_FullAuto but the AI sometimes uses others. And if I put my sound paths only in the two named classes but can't find the AI classes, I miss these and when the AI fires I hear the vanilla sounds.

Its a really pain-in-the-ass bug as I mostly got all covered, I dunno what the real problem is right now. Sadly I cannot un-pbo the Marksmen files obviously as these are no PBO's any more. EBOs or what ever they are.

LJ

Try the in-game config view, LJ. You don't need to unPBO to see what's going on then.

Sadly I cannot un-pbo the Marksmen files obviously as these are no PBO's any more. EBOs or what ever they are.

LJ

They are ebo files as it is premium content, perhaps drop a DEV regarding the sounds of the Marksmen files.

In fact, all classes have their sounds given, its all DFyre entries. Still it appears that I hear those damn Vanilla effects here and there. Its kinda weird. Probably gonna ask Jan Dusek personally that he should kinda point me in the right direction maybe.

Thanks,

LJ

Actually trying to create new tire effects, like when you hear a far far away car or truck driving in the night? That kinda effect. Plus louder wet tire sounds when it is raining.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Actually trying to create new tire effects, like when you hear a far far away car or truck trying in the night? That kinda effect. Plus louder wet tire sounds when it is raining.

LJ

It's amazing how many small details are taken into account with JSRS, a truly complete experience.

Going back to vanilla for this, looking forward to it man.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh, and for the whole multiplayer thing. If server and client both have it, will it work? Maybe just cause some fps drops?

So here goes the next Jet Update.

qKL8JOviVvY

So, in this little video you can hear the new thrust/turbine start sounds that appear when you fire up the thrust and start. While flying you cannot trigger this sound, so there is no "restart" when you leave the thrust in flight and go full throttle again.

Well, hope you like it, I will keep it this way since thats almost the mod authentic I could go in my ears as I dont have quality footage. But I guess its ok the way it is :) Any suggestions or ideas, leave a comment :)

LJ

PS: Making the "far-away-driving" sounds video :P

Hey LJ.

Thanks for the updates, but honestly your work is so amazing already, that these updates really aren't needed in the first place. :D The real problem is that we can only watch these videos and then cry ourselves to sleep because we can't use them. Until multiplayer starts working this is nothing more than a teaser. And a brutal one at that. Soooo, do you think you maybe could drop us a hint when the new script will be ready for use? And as always, THANKS for all your hard work!!! :)

Hey LJ.

Thanks for the updates, but honestly your work is so amazing already, that these updates really aren't needed in the first place. :D The real problem is that we can only watch these videos and then cry ourselves to sleep because we can't use them. Until multiplayer starts working this is nothing more than a teaser. And a brutal one at that. Soooo, do you think you maybe could drop us a hint when the new script will be ready for use? And as always, THANKS for all your hard work!!! :)

I have really no idea when we even begin with the conversion over to the other script. So the only things I could do is to either have a cripple scripted version for SP games only or a LITE version. Either way not the best result. I know its tough being patient and standing my stupid teaser :P

I hope to have something ready for ya soon!

Worst thing is, heres another one :D

2D2Q1HHy3ys

Skip to 2:20 for the effect.

Its a noise I always wanted to implement. The sound of a far aways driving vehicle on a road or highway. Like, you stand at night outside, everything is quiet and calm and you just hear the running tires or a fast moving car driving far aways through the night, that kinda stuff I'm talking about :)

LJ

OH WOW!!!!!! *is blown away* has this new gift also been applied to distant ingressing/egressing aircrafts??? I know that thrill you speak of, that ominous invisible sound of incoming danger, hearing the "whop..whop.. whop.. whop..whop" faintly at first but growing ever more distinct until realizing it's the sound of a blackhawk full of true warriors coming to "punch your card" AARRRGH!!!!!! Thank You so much for fixing this game and allowing it to be felt by its players the was it was only imagined in the past!

Engines sounded a little odd, Like they were in a bottle or something - hard to explain.

BUT the tyre sound WAS very good. Great job ! People rarely realise how much "Car Noise" is from the tyre contact with the road. Especially at distance

I can't believe my ears, that sounds amazing. Great work as always LJ! :thumbsup:

These tire sounds are amazing LJ it's awesome do we have the same for helis ?

I lived near an air base and many times blackhawnks and some UH-1 they flied between 100-500 meters of altitude and even from 2 km away you can hear the sounds very clear that is a feature that lacks too much the sense of distance.

So here goes the next Jet Update.

PS: Making the "far-away-driving" sounds video :P

The result is absolutely great, and the fly-by at the end is icing on the cake. Rolling noises sound fair, very authentic and can be quite interesting regarding gameplay. Thanks for this.

now i just Wonder what kind of black magic you use to build up such an athmosphere :)

now i just Wonder what kind of black magic you use to build up such an athmosphere :)[/Quote]

Well, just a little YouTube, a little Google, two parts of audible understanding, a full jar of other peoples real first hand experience and my imagination, all that in the boiler and cooked for 20 minutes... Ta daaaa :D

Basically its just what people tell me, when they have the experience and can describe it clearly and understandably I can reproduce it. The rest is my imagination how something would sounds like or my own experience that I gathered over the past years in which I'm doing this ...

LJ

While the tires noise is a step forward of what we ve seen (heard) for ARMA standards..

I believe the effect must be toned down just-a-bit /also the fading distance must be shorter.

i m also sure..we are going to get lots of "false" reports for "INCOMING JET!!....*oh!...it was a car*..." on the field :)

How's the explosion sound going by artillery shells? today artillery shells bombing sounds seems bad and not finished for me.

Sounds bloody awesome, but the tire sounds reminds me of a jet fly-by at first. Maybe it's the lack of "muffledness" at range?

Guys, no jet sounds like that IRL ^^ Its just that you never heard such an effect in a game before and because of weak jet sounds over the years we all associate this noise with a jet. But if you are ingame with DFyre, you can clearly hear whats a jet and whats a approaching car, you might just have to get used to it over time. I got real quick.

Tho I will still tweak some things here and there and will probably lower them a little. :)

LJ

Can you add the noices from different gears,maybe adding a `bad driver abusing car gearshift`? And maybe a echo reverb of jet flying low in a canyon? Thank you.