Okay thanks :)

Saying that in case of releasing Dfyre Lite before Scripted version.

Thanks again for ur work Lj, ur mod and blastcore are my 'main' addons, the game is really poor without this 2 'core' mods

Take care.

(Btw, nice new introduction on ur video) :D

Edited by Yoyo2a

Hi LJ! Glad you are back.

How user can return the DragonFyre sound of shooting from all Launchers in the game?

Reminder: After game update 1.40, my mod DragonFyre, lost the wonderful sounds of firing from all Launchers(Titan,RPG) and I can only hear the vanilla launchers sounds.

Until today, I use your first version(RC4) of the mod, but without this sounds. They disappeared!

If you make a small hotfix, or explain to me, how i can do this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks...

Edited by mickeymen

Hi LJ! Glad you are back.

How user can return the DragonFyre sound of shooting from all Launchers in the game?

Reminder: After game update 1.40, my mod DragonFyre, lost the wonderful sounds of firing from all Launchers(Titan,RPG) and I can only hear the vanilla launchers sounds.

Until today, I use your first version(RC4) of the mod, but without this sounds. They disappeared!

If you make a small hotfix, or explain to me, how i can do this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks...

Hey,

no, actually there is no way to restore the old dfyre after the patch. Therefore we have to get the new version ready to work as soon as possible.

LJ

Hey,

no, actually there is no way to restore the old dfyre after the patch. Therefore we have to get the new version ready to work as soon as possible.

LJ

Thanks for reply LJ. Please tell, approximately how much the player will have to wait for the next version?

I'm already waiting for your new version since January:D

Thanks for reply LJ. Please tell, approximately how much the player will have to wait for the next version?

I'm already waiting for your new version since January:D

Can't really tell when. There are a lot of factors playing into it. So we'll see.

LJ

Can't really tell when. There are a lot of factors playing into it. So we'll see.

LJ

Ok, good luck!

On a personal level, I am very, very happy to hear that you are back on track with your life and all that. As an avid fan, fuck hell yes, we'll have JSRS back!

I don't know if this was touched on but I'll ask anyhow. Will JSRS 3 Lite see an update or will the new version of Dragonfyre with the new script and sound engine updates supersede JSRS 3 Lite?

I don't know if this was touched on but I'll ask anyhow. Will JSRS 3 Lite see an update or will the new version of Dragonfyre with the new script and sound engine updates supersede JSRS 3 Lite?

Well I'm pretty sure I will bring an LITE version regardless the way the new scripts will work. Apparently there are some really interesting update in the near future that BIS is going to apply to their game and that will play into my project pretty good. So I guess its about to be seen how much/less of scripts we are really going to need eventually.

But I still want to do both :)

LJ

JarHead, back when Megagoth was still on his crusade against loudness I made a wee tool for re-leveling sound config data, if you ever had need of such a thing (to bulk level vanilla data, or your own configs with a modified regex) you'd be most welcome to use it. Basically it searches a section of config for sound file references and reads the amplitude (in either DB or decimal format) and applies an absolute DB (i.e. "-5") or percentage (i.e. "-25%") change before writing it out (always in DB format).

A3AudioLevel_V6.jpg

http://ionwerks.net/arma/A3AudioLevel_V6.zip

Sorry, been out of the loop for a while and this may have been answered. Is the current script version working fine or did updates ruin it? I need a sound mod until you release an update :)

Sorry, been out of the loop for a while and this may have been answered. Is the current script version working fine or did updates ruin it? I need a sound mod until you release an update :)

Well, the current version I am running is working good so far for single player tho. The script causes some issues and I'll have to fix that or find a new script that LAx is eventually going to import :)

The lite version should work but I'll need to give it a try. I would like to release both versions simultaneously.

LJ

Maybe after the test we can combine jsrs lite and LES to wait until scripted version can be release Lj?

The youtube preview make me so impatient..

Btw really nice new introduction on them :D

I think I can get a more legit sound with the speed controller. Since as you mentioned or thought already, there is not real velocity controller for jets yet. They implemented that for the helicopters when they added the new flight model. But there was no such update for the jets/planes. Which makes the whole situation a bit more hard to recreate. I would go with something like this maybe:

low speed, turbine sounds, no real wind, slight vibrations, cockpit noises

mid speed, turbine sounds are quieter, a bit more wind but more vibrations and rumble sounds (sound behind nozzle) that is louder I think

high speed, less turbine, way more wind sounds, no vibrations since the sound behind nozzle is moving further away from the plane as we go faster. Thats at least my understanding.

Also there is a difference in RPM for various planes I think:

I will see what I come up with. Making multiple sounds for different speed areas is not a big deal of work and if its not sounding right its not that big of a problem. We'll see.

LJ

watched the video twice again, and you're right, i think i should have said : "and its RPM keeps multiplicating/decreasing as if it was tied to the speed..."

guessing that's caused by the lack of velocity controller for the jets as you said, they nearly seem to travel through an "empty space". so i'm wondering if the best advice wouldn't be to untie the engine sound from the speed, if possible of course:

on one hand, keeping the engine sound, the thrust range, maybe the rare RPM overspeed which may occur when diving, or tight curving, apart from any speed consideration

on the over hand, Wind and stress sounds tied to the speed and growing with it, vibrations at mid speed levels as you said, vibrations and constraints on the hull on long curves at mid-high speed, so we realize the object is linked to its environment and travelling fast through the air (when curving especially).

Anyway, think you exactly got the point and end up with the right solution. thank you for your efforts and open mind :)

Edited by Megiddo

JarHead, back when Megagoth was still on his crusade against loudness I made a wee tool for re-leveling sound config data, if you ever had need of such a thing (to bulk level vanilla data, or your own configs with a modified regex) you'd be most welcome to use it. Basically it searches a section of config for sound file references and reads the amplitude (in either DB or decimal format) and applies an absolute DB (i.e. "-5") or percentage (i.e. "-25%") change before writing it out (always in DB format).

http://ionwerks.net/arma/A3AudioLevel_V6.zip

Thanks for the info,

as all my sound values match a certain number mostly and I got rid of all these 0.4789478 and so on values, I'm in not need for a change right now, tho I will take a look on it :)

watched the video twice again, and you're right, i think i should have said : "and its RPM keeps multiplicating/decreasing as if it was tied to the speed..."

guessing that's caused by the lack of velocity controller for the jets as you said, they nearly seem to travel through an "empty space". so i'm wondering if the best advice wouldn't be to untie the engine sound from the speed, if possible of course:

on one hand, keeping the engine sound, the thrust range, maybe the rare RPM overspeed which may occur when diving, or tight curving, apart from any speed consideration

on the over hand, Wind and stress sounds tied to the speed and growing with it, vibrations at mid speed levels as you said, vibrations and constraints on the hull on long curves at mid-high speed, so we realize the object is linked to its environment and travelling fast through the air (when curving especially).

Anyway, think you exactly got the point and end up with the right solution. thank you for your efforts and open mind :)

I worked a lot on the jet sounds lately and will make a video later on showing the results. Guess I got somewhere with this. As stated before I was able to implement velocity values for sounds now. We'll see how this sounds...

LJ

LordJarhead, glad to have you back into ArmA modding, I hope all is well with your life, keep up the awesome work and if you need anything from me (although I highly doubt it) just let me know. :)

If you could do this for RHS I would be in Heaven lol.

Whats up with RHS? Any asset from RHS that uses the vanilla sounds will automatically be using JSRS, also i think the sounds from RHS are really good, LAxemann and rest of the team do them really well so, RHS + JSRS+BLASTCORE so far is a must for arma 3 imo ^^

Whats up with RHS? Any asset from RHS that uses the vanilla sounds will automatically be using JSRS, also i think the sounds from RHS are really good, LAxemann and rest of the team do them really well so, RHS + JSRS+BLASTCORE so far is a must for arma 3 imo ^^

I really don't think RHS *most-used-weapons as AK's and M16 family are inherit from Vanilla counterparts (regarding side BLUFOR/OPFOR)

They have their own custom-made sounds ..(respectfully) but they are quite different in *dynamics compared from vanilla DF sounds.

Try to shoot a RHS M4 ..then try to shoot an MX using DF in both situations.

There ARE differences caliber wise ..but the dynamics are screaming they are different mods on a trained ear-and they are eventually.

If i m allowed to guess..i would say most ppl from serious communities will going to use RHS (for the assets) along with ACE3 (because its ACE) and LJ might decide to put some *more effort to close the gap (as he did in the past)-but it's totally up to him..

Cheers LJ ;)

Edited by GiorgyGR

If you could do this for RHS I would be in Heaven lol.

I have not really listened to their work yet as I'm always concentrate my work on ArmA3 vanilla plus CBA. Thats mostly what I'm running. Lately using ASR AI, Blastcore (Of course) and ASTFOR Mod along. Especially Blastcore phoenix is very important to test it along with JSRS DragonFyre. As both mods seems to be kinda most used mods, except from CBA, ACE and maybe RHS. But with RHS I certainly know that there are problems as it has many own classes, weapons and vehicles that of course dont use JSRS sounds. Blastcore on the other hand does just effects and it not really in sounds and new classes which should work well together with JSRS, and it does.

LJ

EDIT:

So I made a little FPS test just out of curiosity. Seems like JSRS and its current script slow the game down for like 2 - 3 FPS in a massive huge battle. I had a mission running without JSRS and it went from 24 FPS to 17 and sometimes even 12. With JSRS it started at 24, over 16 to 9 sometimes. But the battle was giant, multiple squads of each side, tank platoons, Jet dogfights, Helicopters, APCs and all that stuff going the same time.

What kinda p*isses me off a little bit, are the SPMG and NAVID, and some other DMR, I guess its the MAR10 or Cyrus, but not sure yet. When the AI is firing them I still hear the vanilla sounds but when I use them myself, they are all fine. I dont know what kinda super ninja AI class I missed. Maybe someone has an idea?

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

So here is the new jet update:

rCFABz4uqVs

So the update are:

- New jet engine and turbine effects

- Wind noises base on speed

- Cockpit/wind/vibration effects based on various speed areas

- Velocity effects but still WIP

- Exterior velocity effects WIP

There is some minor tweaks that I want to do later but this is basically it so far. I will make more velocity effects and more noticeable as they are now... well not really audible.

LJ

It amazes me, how you can tweak every sounds in every domain of the game, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work involved.

Thanks LJ!

Really nice LJ

As u said, what as shame u forgot to let us seen the exterior sound :D

Did u resolved the marksmen dlc weapons sound problem ?

I love the jet sounds LJ! Really impressive, I have just one suggestion though. It seems to me the sounds are just a tad to clear and to loud. It seems to me that a jet pilot with a big helmet on would hear the engine's and the air rushing over the canope softer and more muffled.

That's just my opinion though, food for thought :)