Dynamic echoes sound great, glad to know they've made it thus far.

What would make the most sense would be a engines feature that detects when a sound is (via config value) louder than any other sound around its radius. So when this sound plays, all other sounds should be shrink in volume drastically for a few seconds, which would then give us a good sense for audible dynamic range. Lets say you are running ingame, moving sounds 50% audible, environment 15%... you shot, your weapon sounds become 100% audible since its the loudest things in its radius. Now a tank fires, his cannon sounds play at 100%, your running sounds 0% audible, same for environment, your own weapon sounds 5 - 10% audible and that just because the camera location is in the radius of that cannon (lets say within 300 meters). After fife seconds your weapon sounds go back to 100%.

This is pretty much how Battlefield games do it. No wonder they sound amazing.

will dragonfyre lite be gettin an update to be compatible with the marksman dlc sounds?

also when dragonfyre was initially released some people complained about the fact that there would be server rpt entries if the server was not running the mod i.e. the server couldnt find a certain sound. has that issue been fixed?

Hi, here's the thing I am wondering for a while: at what distance you can hear gunshot, explosions or tank shot?

As far as i know IRL you can hear gunshot pretty far away, like 8-10km at open field or so? But in game i think its fade away completely at 2-3km?

Is it because of view distance settings? Or some engine feature? Or its just another example of this dynamic sound range?

I prefer your "I act like an adult and give constructive feedback if I think there is something I`d like to mention and help the creator of this free-to-use modification to do a little bit better next time"-behavior!

.... and now pray that your post deserves my attention! :p;)

LJ

Now you are the god of distant explosions AND da lord of good behavior...! :p

Hi, here's the thing I am wondering for a while: at what distance you can hear gunshot, explosions or tank shot?

As far as i know IRL you can hear gunshot pretty far away, like 8-10km at open field or so? But in game i think its fade away completely at 2-3km?

Is it because of view distance settings? Or some engine feature? Or its just another example of this dynamic sound range?

From what I can recall you could easily hear artillery shell impacts at roughly 8km back in A2 with JSRS,

choppers did have a similar audible range. (well worth a try if you own A2)

Doesn't seem to be the case with A3 and DragonFyre though, probably due to performance reasons.

Firefights should be audible up to 1km last time I checked.

From what I can recall you could easily hear artillery shell impacts at roughly 8km back in A2 with JSRS,

choppers did have a similar audible range. (well worth a try if you own A2)

Doesn't seem to be the case with A3 and DragonFyre though, probably due to performance reasons.

Firefights should be audible up to 1km last time I checked.

All weapons in DragonFyre have a max range of 3500m due to performance reasons. I think some things like Tank and artillery could be tweaked to further distances ...

LJ

been trying speed of sound pure and I noticed when I enable the mod I seem to use the audio for my radio messages between team mates in SP games (I still get the text for the message) any idea if DragonFyre still gives me audio for the radio messages?

I have read several times that people already are waiting version RC6!

On the first page and on the Armaholic, I only see available version - RC4

I can't understand, where I can download - version RC5?

I hope it's ok to post my question here because even though it is related, it's a bit off topic. Firstly, I do think that the sound quality in games is thee most important mod to enhance game play, bar nun. That said I am looking for a sound card that will support 7.1 being used by a a set of Astro A50's. I've searched quite a bit but most of the information is all a bit technical and hard to understand, which makes my decision unsure. I was hoping to tap a person's knowledge as close to the profession as you are (LJH) and ask for advice.

I appreciate your time!

been trying speed of sound pure and I noticed when I enable the mod I seem to use the audio for my radio messages between team mates in SP games (I still get the text for the message) any idea if DragonFyre still gives me audio for the radio messages?

Well, all radiochats are still available here. No cut off or new sounds for them. Its all fine with them :)

I have read several times that people already are waiting version RC6!

On the first page and on the Armaholic, I only see available version - RC4

I can't understand, where I can download - version RC5?

We released the RC4 as a first test. Then developed the RC5 for intern testings but ran into severe issues during the process which is why we didn't released it to the public. Simple because the use of MP wasn't possible and a lot of minor issues were left in the SP. So I did not released it simple because I dont wanted to deal with thousand of posts here about wrong stuff that I'm aware about already :P Then, the new version RC6 got developed, tho the old issues for MP still remain. And this is subject to change right now. When this is done and it runs well in the intern tests we do, it will be released as RC6 public.

I know that this RC-bla bla is a bit weird and actually kinda stupid, as it is a candidate for release, but it wont be released... weird, right?

I hope it's ok to post my question here because even though it is related, it's a bit off topic. Firstly, I do think that the sound quality in games is thee most important mod to enhance game play, bar nun. That said I am looking for a sound card that will support 7.1 being used by a a set of Astro A50's. I've searched quite a bit but most of the information is all a bit technical and hard to understand, which makes my decision unsure. I was hoping to tap a person's knowledge as close to the profession as you are (LJH) and ask for advice.

I appreciate your time!

Well, if you want 7.1 there is the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe card for gamers. Probably with a lot of FX, HiFi settings (that would for me personally ruin a sound since its not the same anymore as it left my DAW because of all the creative filters that they lay over it). For a bit more professional use I'd suggest the Asus Xonar D2X intern PCIe 7.1 sound card. Digital In/Out, Dolby & DTS Technique, Eax, 192kHz 24bit, Asio. That is the best solution for internal sound cards I'd say :)

Other than that, I'm not that much of a professional when it comes to hardware equipment. You may laugh, but I create all my mods on my onboard sound card. I want my sounds to sound the same here as it would sound on most other players computers. And most of them truly wont have an extra sound card. :P :D

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey LJ! Sorry too hear about your bad situation. JSRS is nice and we all appreciate the work you do, but it's not worth it if it's ruining your life just to please the Arma community. If you need to take a break to get up on your legs again, we understand. Take care!

Closing - per the authors request

Re-opened per authors request :292:

Edited by R0adki11

Hello everyone,

I'm not really here for any update on the mod by now, just dropping by to say the mod ain`t dead yet! I know a few of you might thought so, some even hated me for closing with the stated message I posted. People even told me by email to stop mixing modding and private so that this could continue, for their enjoyment for the most part I guess.

But enough of that, slowly getting back on track, dealt with some stuff and probably fully recovered in a few months.

Honestly, I started ArmA today for the first time since I left this thread closed, which was "just" one and a half month ago. Wasn't that long, but the terrible time seemed so much longer to me. But no matter, I started playing for like 5 minutes, noticed a strange sound, alt+F4'ed the game, opened the DAW and started mixing. So I realized I'm still here somewhere doing the same thing I did before.

So yeah, let me keep doing my stuff and show you some interesting since I will do. Probably got to check the changes by bohemia, have no clue yet what they did so far, but there was an update I'm sure. They really seems to listen to the community and megagoth who helped collecting notices, questions and suggestions.

But well, I keep it short, I'm here and will update you with some informations and where I'm going with the mod.

As stated even before my issues in private I said already that there are severe issues with the scripts+multiplayer. That does not seems to be fixed anytime soon, so the next update/release will be an Single player one only. But I hope you dont bash my head because of that heh.

Thanks for taking the time reading through it, hope you did not lose your patience with me :)

Thanks guys,

LJ

great news LJ welcome back been waiting this day :) arma 3 sound shit without JSRS

This stuff happens. Modders take a break, possibly thinking they will never come back, and then they come back. It happens. Not a big deal. If anyone was "loosing patience" with you, then it's their problem, not yours LJ. We just have to accept and respect that modding isn't everything that matters in this world.

This stuff happens. Modders take a break, possibly thinking they will never come back, and then they come back. It happens. Not a big deal. If anyone was "loosing patience" with you, then it's their problem, not yours LJ. We just have to accept and respect that modding isn't everything that matters in this world.

Indeed, at the end of the day modding is a hobby and unfortunately real life (job, family etc) has to come first. Glad to see you back LJ and looking forward to see what the next chapter of JSRS brings :)

Good to see you back LJ, you make the best game ever even better and that's an amazing thing :)

Glad to see you on your feet again and wishing you a prompt recovery.

Welcome back home :)

Great news Jarhead,take your time wish you all the best,and hope to see a bright future for JSRS series.

Ps "ARMA default sounds sucks too much"

Jarhead i have a ? how is it only going to be single player?

Edited by sargken

We developed a script covering all the basics plus some cool extra features we planned. Throughout the development we didn't noticed much, later we did. Some sounds need to be broadcasted via network when in multiplayer, which A takes a lot of network performance, B is a totally no-go for a client side sound mod and C wasn't planned at all. But the script has been developed and there was no going back. So its Singleplayer only the way it is right now, or everyone, Server AND clients will have to run the mod. But as it is script heavy, I doubt much would appreciate this solution. So I will together with LAx transfer DFyre to a newer script some day soon. Until then I will at least deliver some SP-Mod-stuff.

LJ

Little curious about this myself. At the very least, in the future will you maybe consider updating any MP compatible versions like Dragonfyre light to the new weapon sounds (leaving out any mp scripted features)?

I know it's early for questions regarding the future after your next release but I couldn't hold my myself back. Either way, really glad your back, Dragonfyre is the only sound mod worth using for me. I hope your personal life continues to look up, there's nothing worse than trying to work on something and having something else on the back of your mind.

edit: Your above post already answered a lot of questions I had, thanks.