With the release of the new Marksman DLC, will these new weapons be included in DragonFrye in future updates?

That is the probable course of action with Dragonfyre's development, yes. But right now LJ's needing to look over the new system see what will continue to work and what obviously won't any longer, which also will translate into less bloat and better performance. But from our discussions today it looks like some features/script(s) might have no choice but to be cut in the future. But who knows.

Better performance is something to be considered imo. by testing marksmen dlc, i noticed that the game now uses indoor sounds, distant sounds/explosions, even what i think to be a (kinda) sound reflection system based on topography/proximity of buildings (the feeling is very different from dragonfyre rc5 though), and the sound engine now makes a difference beetween a player Inside a building (muffled rain effects, gunshots, vehicle sounds), and outside of it. so to say, it covers many features we had in rc5.

All of these new effects may have a performance cost, but nothing approaching the delay and fps loss that sometimes occured with Laxeman ES for example (opinion based on my system of course)

So LJ, should it be reasonable to think you'll try to stick to the new engine and adapt your effects, or do you plan some workarounds to bring back the "old" scripts? maybe try both to get the the best?

Best regards

That is the probable course of action with Dragonfyre's development, yes. But right now LJ's needing to look over the new system see what will continue to work and what obviously won't any longer, which also will translate into less bloat and better performance. But from our discussions today it looks like some features/script(s) might have no choice but to be cut in the future. But who knows.

External echoes right?

... and the sound engine now makes a difference beetween a player Inside a building (muffled rain effects, gunshots, vehicle sounds), and outside of it.

Yes it does, also it does it with all others things, Bullethits that are inside the building, explosions, even your own weapon reloading sound is muffled when you are inside a building :D I mean... its nice, yes, but there is some tweaking needed.

As John said, the features that we will cut out are the OP sounds, inside vehicle hit sounds, maybe even distance explosions. But thats still to be seen how we can handle or work out a middle way between script and config. Tho the new Soniccracks system is AWESOME and helps a lot right now improving my sound scape.

I dunno I'll probably not use the MAR-10 sounds, as they're pretty nice so far.

Sry but thats kinda stupid (not saying you are, Sir!!!) statement isnt it? You dont even heard the MAR10 Sounds of DFyre yet, right? :D Hehe, But dont worry, I will of course keep it as modular as always so you can disable every single weapon :)

Btw, I got ALL DLC weapons to work just fine and have to bind them into the script now :) So FULL support for all DLCs by now ;)

LJ

Sry to ask, is the soundmod currently totaly broken or still useable? Thanks! And again thanks for this great soundmod! :)

Sry to ask, is the soundmod currently totaly broken or still useable? Thanks! And again thanks for this great soundmod! :)

It works fine in SP. MP is a different topic. Some scripts need to broadcast their activities via network which basically means that every Client and the Server would have to run the mod. Which is a no go. So these features get kicked out of the project.

LJ

It's a shame to see some features scrapped but it's best overall for the entire community. Excited for next release whenever it may come. Keep up the solid work LJH.

Im having trouble with the sounds, with the new update Bohemia released. Im not sure why :(

one question, can you use both of your mods together?

Edited by the_bandit_NL

It works fine in SP. MP is a different topic. Some scripts need to broadcast their activities via network which basically means that every Client and the Server would have to run the mod. Which is a no go. So these features get kicked out of the project.

LJ

Care to explain what features this is? Or have I missed a post?

Sry but thats kinda stupid (not saying you are, Sir!!!) statement isnt it? You dont even heard the MAR10 Sounds of DFyre yet, right? :D Hehe, But dont worry, I will of course keep it as modular as always so you can disable every single weapon :)

Yeah it did come off as a bit pre-judgemental but wasn't trying to offend or infer that I don't like your work (makes the game sooooo much better) but honestly I found the default sounds quite nice for once, and when it's suppressed it sounds better. I mean I'll still give your work a good listen but again, I was very happy with the sounds for the MAR-10 at least as other than the MXM, the only default weapon I use.

Im having trouble with the sounds, with the new update Bohemia released. Im not sure why :(

Yeah, BI changed some stuff with their sound afaik, and of course JSRS which was released earlier isn't adapted to that. Unfortunately I have JSRS turned off and have to use vanilla currently. (Playing MP only)

The difference is ... huge.

That would not be a good idea. Both mods are designed to run by their own, alone. Both combined would run into massive conflicting issues as the classes are named different but both do the same things.

Care to explain what features this is? Or have I missed a post?

see my post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187317-JSRS3-DragonFyre-RC-Release&p=2917865&viewfull=1#post2917865

LJ

So did I get this right ? this features will not be possible anymore ?

Changelog RC 5

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by big calibers

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by rockets

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by missiles

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by shells

Changelog RC 5

Exactly.

LJ

oh no "###### Bohemia"

I was looking forward to these new features )-:

I hope there is another way to get it to working

greetings mrfies

Exactly.

LJ

Hi,

It is not often I feel the need to log in to post but have been reading some of the previous comments.

I believe that distant explosion sounds previously in JSRS are one of its best features and add so much to the immersion of a battlefield as well as a tense situation when you hear explosions on the other side of a valley or hill for example. I myself would still upload the entire mod to my server if it meant keeping this feature.

I do not want to sound like a dick as I have loved your JSRS mods to date but I may have a few alternatives to cutting the distant explosions. Example: Is there is a way to have just the distant explosions function in a "lite" mod that will be small enough to easily upload to a server. This could be entirely optional but I believe many would make use of this optional.

If Bohemias change has hindered this process as well maybe we should log something onto the feedback page to help you out.

Just a few thoughts on this topic.

I'd also have JSRS on the server if it meant we'd be able to have more sound features and better functionality than if it were just client-side. Only possible issues I may have with it would be if there were script errors or if it would bog the FPS of players/server down tremendously, which I don't think would really be the case, especially with BI focusing on overhauling the sound engine in ArmA 3. ;)

I'd also have JSRS on the server if it meant we'd be able to have more sound features and better functionality than if it were just client-side. Only possible issues I may have with it would be if there were script errors or if it would bog the FPS of players/server down tremendously, which I don't think would really be the case, especially with BI focusing on overhauling the sound engine in ArmA 3. ;)

I'd like to prevent that. JSRS should stay clientside and some features are cool but really dont need to be in the mod when I have to wight that against the mp-abilities.

Uploading new video...

LJ

Changelog RC 5

This is very very disheartening,what a kick to the virtual stomach :( I don't think I remember a time BI regressed so much. Don't get me wrong I love BI but you cannot really ignore the loss. :(

Can't help but think of the saying "Be careful for what you ask for"

Thank you LJ, as always, for your hard work!

Edited by Sniper Pilot

XRbvCOdVqW4

This video is just to show some progress and the overall changes to the latest DFyre development. The version RC6 (Which is just running intern for now) has some new features and tweaks:

-New Distance script sounds and effects for a better soundscape

-New idea: So called Direct Echoing. Sounds that will create an immediate echo of the weapon based on the environmental surroundings, even with smooth transitions. Tho this is still HEAVY WIP guys, keep that in mind please

-All vehicle sounds for interior have been made to stereo, which gives a more solid realistic feeling driving in a vehicle, flying a helicopter or jet even

-Minor script tweaks for faster performance

-New DLC weapons are covered + perfect fitting reloading sounds

-All normal-weapon sounds got a facelift. A complete new feel of sound got applied. Same goes for explosions. Much smoother, less crispy and with a lot of tweaks fitting the new scripts AND the new tail system

-New soniccrack system got covered and new cracks were added to the mod. Audible difference between sub- and supersonic ammunition

That would be all I guess. I have made so many changes since my last video update, so thats all the most recent things I can think of.

Hope you like it.

LJ

Sweet, quick question though. Are all these new improvements going to impact preformance much? Because to be honest I'm sort of struggeling as it is with Dragonfyre light :P

Sweet, quick question though. Are all these new improvements going to impact preformance much? Because to be honest I'm sort of struggeling as it is with Dragonfyre light :P

Actually not at all. Compared to DFyre liter there is a lost of maybe 1 FPS sometimes. At least on my end...

LJ

Very nice sounds so far LJH ! Looking forward to RC6 release then :)

LJ are you using vanilla Ai? man you didnt do to bad ;)

oh sounds are awesome too