we get it, you dont like the loudness of jsrs... its simple. you dont like it, dont use it... end of story, move on to your own mod, please and thank you, have a pleasant day!!

Jarhead's post was in agreement with megagoth. Relax

we get it, you dont like the loudness of jsrs... its simple. you dont like it, dont use it... end of story, move on to your own mod, please and thank you, have a pleasant day!!

Obviously you didn't understand Megagoth nor Panimala's posts...

Lord jarhead

Im elated and dissapointed,iv narrowed down one bug iv struggled with for a while now,and found the cause.

The bug is when using med kit/fak,with any revive script(tested with BTC quick revive,AIS injury,Norrins revive,farooqs revive and wounding mod,possibly more) the bandaging sound FX would attatch to the unit being stitched up in question,and loop the sound constantly throughout the mission.

A while back i asked you what PBO's i needed for you mod for only bullet and movement sounds,you said: Envoirment PBO,bullet hits and envoirment sounds,movement sounds i believe.

I took them out and tested all my revive scripts,iv no longer a looping bandage sound anymore.I noticed few other posts about the bug,and if memory serves,those people mentioned using JSRS2.2 also.I think something in the movement or envoirment sounds PBO is conflicting.

Would you happen to know why and possible to create a patch at some point.Iv resorted to removing the last of Dragonfyre PBO's i was using,hence the part i mentioned dissapointment at begining of thread.Its also possible its a mix of other mods with Your mod that causes the issue and not just a revive script,therefore il leave my mod list incase anyone wanted to compare as i know others needed info.

Mods: MCC/SAMO/BCOMBAT/BLASTCORE/MASSIS SPETSNAZ/RHS/WWAI MENU/IMPULSE(sound) and few othermods which probably dont conflict

Lord jarhead

Im elated and dissapointed,iv narrowed down one bug iv struggled with for a while now,and found the cause.

The bug is when using med kit/fak,with any revive script(tested with BTC quick revive,AIS injury,Norrins revive,farooqs revive and wounding mod,possibly more) the bandaging sound FX would attatch to the unit being stitched up in question,and loop the sound constantly throughout the mission.

A while back i asked you what PBO's i needed for you mod for only bullet and movement sounds,you said: Envoirment PBO,bullet hits and envoirment sounds,movement sounds i believe.

I took them out and tested all my revive scripts,iv no longer a looping bandage sound anymore.I noticed few other posts about the bug,and if memory serves,those people mentioned using JSRS2.2 also.I think something in the movement or envoirment sounds PBO is conflicting.

Would you happen to know why and possible to create a patch at some point.Iv resorted to removing the last of Dragonfyre PBO's i was using,hence the part i mentioned dissapointment at begining of thread.Its also possible its a mix of other mods with Your mod that causes the issue and not just a revive script,therefore il leave my mod list incase anyone wanted to compare as i know others needed info.

Mods: MCC/SAMO/BCOMBAT/BLASTCORE/MASSIS SPETSNAZ/RHS/WWAI MENU/IMPULSE(sound) and few othermods which probably dont conflict

The mod is made for ArmA3 vanilla, not for other mods in combination. I never can test all those mods and change mine to fit the others...

So I looked a bit more into the new soniccrack system and its not that my sounds aren't working, its basically the new way the sounds will be played/spawned ingame. So in other words its not the same system as before, its way different, way harder to recreate my old way of sound. Its not really possible. I gotta do some more testings but its seems I can't really get them to work somehow...

LJ

if its pushing you back leave it for later im sure people can live without sonic cracks being modded (at this moment in time)

good work mate

Lordjarhead:

I hope that after refining the sound does not lose its force and its quality. I do not like anything sound mods seem to be shooting in the living room of my house.

Thank you Lordjarhead for giving us an amazing sound mod. I started using your Dragonfyre lite and i tell you i didnt realize that it was that good i combined it with Laxemann's enhanced soundscape mod and its a perfect match. For people that dont like it just dont use it try out the speed of sound mod or stick to the vanilla sounds.

Keep up the good work i can not play Arma without your mod.

Agreed, though I did find that the ABR sounds don't change to suppressed when a suppressor is mounted.

Thank you Lordjarhead for giving us an amazing sound mod. I started using your Dragonfyre lite and i tell you i didnt realize that it was that good i combined it with Laxemann's enhanced soundscape mod and its a perfect match. For people that dont like it just dont use it try out the speed of sound mod or stick to the vanilla sounds.

Same here, switched to lexamann + dfyre lite.

The only thing i miss from DragonFyre is distant explosions.

I'm not gonna lie, it kinda frustrates me that BI has changed the system so much knowing that it would break this (I would assume they knew). Then again, they don't technically develop for the modders. Game sounds really lame now with no sonic cracks. Completely takes the immersion out of it.

Thanks for all the work LJH, you're the man.

Same here, switched to lexamann + dfyre lite.

The only thing i miss from DragonFyre is distant explosions.

Then post that in the LITE thread and not here please, this is about the scripted version ;)

LJ

So what direction is the development for Dragonfyre taking at this point after the changes BI has made?

Will the script heavy version with the environmental effects (indoor, echoes, etc) manifest again at some point in the future?

I'm still running the release version with 1.38 as I'm quite enjoying the effects and I'm willing to forego updates for the time being.

Edited by Pd3

So what is the direction is the development for Dragonfyre taking at this point after the changes BI has made?

Will the script heavy version with the environmental effects (indoor, echoes, etc) manifest again at some point in the future?

I'm still running the release version with 1.38 as I'm quite enjoying the effects and I'm willing to forego updates for the time being.

I'm currently building/working on the Scripted version. I just stereo'lyzed all vehicle sounds for a better feeling driving in firtst person. Also, as stated before I updated all weapon sounds. I will make a video sometime soon to show the update of version RC6 (0.815.03.31)

LJ

I'm sure its not a secret but I've been invited to Bohemia for a couple of days by next week to Mnisek Studio and will take a look at the game in development :) Then I'm probably more able to get things prepared for future changes and adjust my mods to the build/structure.

I know, patience is not a stretchable synonym :D

LJ

Oh hell yeah. Finally. Was about time.

I'm really curious about the things to come :)

[One short statement to the previous issues:

I may have no clue about sound engineering and all that technical stuff, but as paying and returning customer for many years now one thing is very clear: I'm not satisfied with the vanilla sounds of Arma 3 (the entire sound related part of the game actually) and somehow a semi-professional with very limited resources managed to improve the work of the professionals significantly, making me a lot more satisfied with one of the major aspect of the game.

If quite a number of other paying and returning customers feel the same (which is afaik the case), then BIS does the right thing by taking a closer look at that semi-professional.]

Hello LJ,

I know you have alot of work on you atm, but do you have plans to improve the sound of the jets? The sound of Neophron and Buzzard isn't as good compared with the Wipeout in terms of quality, especially the buzzard at high speed the sound stretches and it's not appealing and it is kinda low, doesn't feel like a jet, and the loop of the sound its really noticeable and kinda annoying. :P

I hope you take some time to look at it :)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

I'm on a trip right now and only have my laptop with me. Which sadly can't run ShadowPlay to record the game sessions so I cannot make any good videos right now. Which is OK, seeing the low graphics quality on my laptop hehe...

I currently reworking all distance effects... Got down from 210 sounds per weapon to 70. Not sure if it will sound as good as before or not but that's to be seen. After all its easier to handle and size is smaller...

LJ

Hey. Kinda dumb question, but it was mentioned in the opening post about the use of L_ES, and I wanted to know if I used that with JSRS would it be rather redundant? I'm unfamiliar with L_ES so I'm not certain if all of what it does is what JSRS does, too.

I'm using both right now with the Marksman DLC, an I noticed a few instances where allies were firing guns right next to me and I didn't hear it. It could have been lag, a conflict between JSRS and L_ES, or either one of those and this update, as I know Bohemia has also introduced a system where weapons sound different in environments. I wanted to try to narrow it down, and I figure those more technically savvy than myself would have better ideas. :P

No not redundant, I much prefer the sonic cracks from this mod and also the distance sound travel is much further and sounds better. IMO

Hey. Kinda dumb question, but it was mentioned in the opening post about the use of L_ES, and I wanted to know if I used that with JSRS would it be rather redundant? I'm unfamiliar with L_ES so I'm not certain if all of what it does is what JSRS does, too.

I'm using both right now with the Marksman DLC, an I noticed a few instances where allies were firing guns right next to me and I didn't hear it. It could have been lag, a conflict between JSRS and L_ES, or either one of those and this update, as I know Bohemia has also introduced a system where weapons sound different in environments. I wanted to try to narrow it down, and I figure those more technically savvy than myself would have better ideas. :P

I'm pretty sure DragonFyre uses its own version of L_ES and will disable the standalone L_ES if running.

I've been playing around with both DragonFyres and the new A3 sounds (tails, occlusion etc) and find using DragonFyre Lite to be the best compromise: LJ's awesome sounds without unexpected interactions between full DragonFyre's scripts and the new sound engine. I'm really excited about some of the new sound engine stuff and can't wait to hear how newer DragonFyre releases complement it.

Just got the Marksmen DLC and the new weapons are quiet cool. Only problem is, the new config classes are unknown,so I have to kinda get them out of the box again. I mostly have them but they dont seem to work and the game seems to overwrite my modded configs again...

Anyone has the classes maybe for the new weapons? There are just 7 I think.

LJ

Just extracted them via script for Pilgrimage's code, so here you go (made them all lower case):

"srifle_dmr_02_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_camo_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_sniper_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_aco_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_mrco_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_sos_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_dms_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_sniper_ams_lp_s_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_camo_ams_lp_f",
"srifle_dmr_02_arco_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_khaki_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_tan_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_multicam_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_woodland_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_aco_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_mrco_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_sos_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_dms_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_tan_ams_lp_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_dms_snds_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_arco_f",
"srifle_dmr_03_ams_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_tan_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_aco_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_mrco_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_sos_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_dms_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_arco_f",
"srifle_dmr_04_ns_lp_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_blk_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_hex_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_tan_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_aco_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_mrco_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_sos_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_dms_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_khs_lp_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_dms_snds_f",
"srifle_dmr_05_arco_f",
"srifle_dmr_06_camo_f",
"srifle_dmr_06_olive_f",
"srifle_dmr_06_camo_khs_f",
"mmg_01_hex_f",
"mmg_01_tan_f",
"mmg_01_hex_arco_lp_f",
"mmg_02_camo_f",
"mmg_02_black_f",
"mmg_02_sand_f",
"mmg_02_sand_rco_lp_f",
"mmg_02_black_rco_bi_f"	

I hope, that's all, as for rifles.

Just extracted them via script for Pilgrimage's code, so here you go (made them all lower case):

I hope, that's all, as for rifles.

Thanks,

I have these now

MMG_01_base_F - Navid 9,3mm

MMG_02_base_F - SPMG 338

DMR_02_base_F - Mar 10

DMR_03_base_F - Mk-1 EMR

DMR_04_base_F - ASPR1 Kir

DMR_05_base_F - Cyrus

DMR_06_base_F - Mk-14

... but so far no luck. I'm pretty sure its not the right class with the srifle in front, but I give it a try.

For example, the Class for the DMR Rahim is class DMR_01_base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F. So I figured it would be like class DMR_02_base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F, class DMR_03_base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F and so on...

LJ

EDIT:

Got them all to work. Rifles like this:

class srifle_dmr_02_f: DMR_02_base_F

class srifle_dmr_03_f: DMR_03_base_F

class srifle_dmr_04_f: DMR_04_base_F

class srifle_dmr_05_blk_f: DMR_05_base_F

class srifle_dmr_06_f: DMR_06_base_F

Gotta test the MMG's now.

Edited by LordJarhead

With the release of the new Marksman DLC, will these new weapons be included in DragonFrye in future updates?

I dunno I'll probably not use the MAR-10 sounds, as they're pretty nice so far.