Just as a small heads up Seri, just a page back LJ stated that he paused his work on this mod until further notice. The "only" maintained DF-pack is the LITE one at the time of writing :)

Hey thanks, didn't see that. I fixed my problem by removing sonic_cracks.pbo. But now I wonder, what are the big differences between the Lite and regular pack? Thanks!

regular has all the very nom-nom:y scripting in it, lite is script free and a pure sound replacement pack

Hey thanks, didn't see that. I fixed my problem by removing sonic_cracks.pbo. But now I wonder, what are the big differences between the Lite and regular pack? Thanks!

The difference is scripting... which means the same sounds but with extra effects, such as echoing gunshots when fired inside.

Couldn't you just get LAxemann's echo script, which is used in DragonFyre-Full, on top of Lite to get the same effect?

Couldn't you just get LAxemann's echo script, which is used in DragonFyre-Full, on top of Lite to get the same effect?

L_ES doesn't make up the entirety of the scripting inside the non-lite version though.There are many other things that are also inside the non-lite version such as the sound of bullet casings dropping on the floor when shooting inside and a lot more. But, if you are just wanting to maintain the echo then yes you could use L_ES to retain that.

I will work on the stuff with LAx when we find the time. Maybe we can fix all the problems. Other than that I can't give you anything else today.

I fixed the pistols. The problem (not really a problem, more a change by BIS) was that they added firing mode classes to the weapon class. So I fixed that today. Will also look into the soniccrack problems you mentioned. Config wise it seems to be the same as before but I can't be sure by now.

LJ

Did Bohemia not inform anyone that certain changes would break mods? Seems a little redundant; considering mods are the backbone of this entire game.

Anyways I will be sitting on 1.38 until the final Marksman DLC changes are pushed out and I advice everyone to do so too. Unless you need 1.40 for online games or something.

I can't even tell what was changed in 1.40. Other than it breaking Sonic cracks and AGM features and a whack of other stuff.

Also thanks for all your hard work on this Mod; it must be frustrating when updates break features.

I understand wanting to wait until all changes are pushed out.

I think a lot more is going to change till the DLC, Audio wise, which is great, it just means more work though. So leaving it and taking note of the changes is more useful than trying to fix things now, and possibly having it broken again later.

I think a lot more is going to change till the DLC, Audio wise, which is great, it just means more work though. So leaving it and taking note of the changes is more useful than trying to fix things now, and possibly having it broken again later.

Exactly, I will just lean back and watch their progress. So far I'm impressed by their new tails system :)

LJ

Exactly, I will just lean back and watch their progress. So far I'm impressed by their new tails system :)

LJ

Glad you made this post, LJ. I wandered if the new BIS sound changes was strictly a pain in the ass for sound modders or if there would truly be some benefit to modders such as yourself. Could you expand on your opinion a bit? For instance, could there be some FPS savings with their new sound engine (if I can call it that) when using sound mods?

Glad you made this post, LJ. I wandered if the new BIS sound changes was strictly a pain in the ass for sound modders or if there would truly be some benefit to modders such as yourself. Could you expand on your opinion a bit? For instance, could there be some FPS savings with their new sound engine (if I can call it that) when using sound mods?

Definitely! The new tail system is really great and I can leave a few scripts out of the mod. L_ES for example is kinda replaced by their new idea. Also in room bangs are possible with this :) very easy to understand and build up ;)

There shouldn't be any fps loss by this system. I'm really glad Bohemia has gone this way...

LJ

Definitely! The new tail system is really great and I can leave a few scripts out of the mod. L_ES for example is kinda replaced by their new idea. Also in room bangs are possible with this :) very easy to understand and build up ;)

There shouldn't be any fps loss by this system. I'm really glad Bohemia has gone this way...

LJ

Finally some good news when it comes to BIS and sounds^^

I fixed the pistols. The problem (not really a problem, more a change by BIS) was that they added firing mode classes to the weapon class. So I fixed that today.

LJ

You fixed only pistols!? How player, can return the DragonFyre sounds of the shot pistols?

Please try to fix the sound of all Lounchers shot also.

After DragonFyre, I can't hear the vanilla sounds of launchers, to me this sounds, like from the children's cartoon/

Mickey - give the guy a chance... he's already said he was reluctant to make ANY fixes till 1.40 and the changes Mrksman DLC will bring - we're lucky to get anything at all.

It means re-coding twice !

Note that the "lite" version is working 90% and still great with play - if it helps curb your enthusiasm :)

I'm sure its not a secret but I've been invited to Bohemia for a couple of days by next week to Mnisek Studio and will take a look at the game in development :) Then I'm probably more able to get things prepared for future changes and adjust my mods to the build/structure.

I know, patience is not a stretchable synonym :D

LJ

I'm sure its not a secret but I've been invited to Bohemia for a couple of days by next week to Mnisek Studio and will take a look at the game in development :) Then I'm probably more able to get things prepared for future changes and adjust my mods to the build/structure.

LJ

Wow, that is really cool. I´m glad that BI acknowledges the importance of your mod and your expertise on sound design. Both parties will benefit from this :)

Wow, that is really cool. I´m glad that BI acknowledges the importance of your mod and your expertise on sound design. Both parties will benefit from this :)

^^^

What Tonci said. Excellent news; I hope this means BIS will be providing more information to modders on changes that might break user-made content in advance of stable-branch update/patch releases.

LJ

That's great news for both the game and your mod. It's a very kind and smart move from Bohemia, and i'm glad your hard work is taken in consideration at this level.

Sure you'll be able to dig deeply into the future sound mechanics, and discuss the crucial points seen in the thread:

- script implementation and triggering

- eventhandlers

- balance of volumes, distance, detection and origin of the sounds

- performance

Get the best from Mnisek :)

Have a good Czech Beer or two while you're there !

LJ

Oh wow! That's really cool, perhaps you can show them one or two things about how to properly do sound :P. Have fun!

LJ

nice that is cool that some good news for you

LJ

This is great news.

Definitely! The new tail system is really great and I can leave a few scripts out of the mod, L_ES for example is kinda replaced by their new idea. Also in room bangs are possible with this very easy to understand and build up

YES! YES!

I LOVE YOU BI! THIS IS FANTASTIC!

No disrespect to Laxemann or you of course, because without your work BI wouldn't be responding to the community, but this is fantastic!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Right click ARMA 3 in your steam library, go to 'properties.' In properties select the "Betas" tab and in the box enter the code "Arma3Legacy138" without the quotes. Case sensitive. Click the "Check code" box then go to teh drop box just above that and select legacy 138 off the menu.

Close that and let ARMA 3 "update."

Thanks for the reply, this will tide me over until everything with JSRS has been sorted.

Edited by Pd3

Excellent news!

I think that will be a great movement by BIS offer a decent amount of money of your awesome mod.

If BIS add your sounds Arma 3 will be the game with better sound of the whole game industry right now.

Congratulations on that invitation to studies of bohemia. The engine sounds ARMA 3 is improving and you may take advantage of these improvements in your mod.

His effort and work and this game should be recognized in some way. :622: :clap:

LJ

Great news! Glad for you, that your talent did not remain unnoticed from side of Bohemia Studio.

Mickey - give the guy a chance... he's already said he was reluctant to make ANY fixes till 1.40 and the changes Mrksman DLC will bring - we're lucky to get anything at all.

It means re-coding twice !

Note that the "lite" version is working 90% and still great with play - if it helps curb your enthusiasm :)

OK, I am not going to interfere. I will wait patiently.:cool: