Update 1.40 for ARMA added their own version of sonic cracks I think, and with Dragonfyre running all my players were complaining about how terrible they sounded compared to the Dragonfyre sonic cracks. Is this something we have going on wrong or did others experience a change with 1.40?

Will there be an updaste to Dragonfyre to address sound changes in 1.40?

Thanks for the awesome mod!

Me and my buddy are having the same issue. Nice to see we are not going crazy!

after update 1.40 I can't find the majority sounds from mod DragonFyre.

Now I have new crack of the bullets!!! (not from this mod)

Pistols and all launchers systems no longer sound as before. Now i have vanilla launchers-sounds/

I still have only the sounds of primary weapon and some explosions sounds from DragonFyre. I think many sounds disappeared or changed their sound!

What happened after update 1.40?

Is it just me these problems?

Edited by mickeymen

Just to let you know your sonic cracks have disappeared for me as well since the latest Steam auto-update.

Also, I would like to take the time to thank you for an outstanding job with this audio modification, especially the way you are doing it via scripting. Without access to a game engine that lets you implement convolution mapping from environmental and building reflection signatures, it's quite a feat! Great job. :)

*sigh* Yes I'm here too to say that the sonic cracks are gone with the new update. They were fine with the dev version but as soon as the stable come out, bye-bye cracks.

That's going to be another thing to hold up RC5 now I guess...

Love JSRS3. These new cracks make my ears bleed so I'm going to hold off Arma 3 untill RC5 :)

*sigh* Yes I'm here too to say that the sonic cracks are gone with the new update. They were fine with the dev version but as soon as the stable come out, bye-bye cracks.

That's going to be another thing to hold up RC5 now I guess...

Yes,it's sad:(

But note, that also disappeared and other sounds.

Not only sonic cracks!

LJ, now the people needs your update, like never before

I reverted to legacy 1.38 for this and a bug involving AI skill not being able to be set...

I reverted to legacy 1.38 for this and a bug involving AI skill not being able to be set...

I haven't updated yet and will probably skip 1.40 unless there's a hotfix.

Not willing to give up JSRS, amongst other things.

I haven't updated yet and will probably skip 1.40 unless there's a hotfix.

Not willing to give up JSRS, amongst other things.

To be honest it might have to be changed. The way BIS are over hauling the sound is probably going to make it so that sound mods will have to change. Not sure though. But from what i know so far, Sonic cracks became 3D, and they're currently working on distance filters that actually sound very big. You can hear the bass and danger of explosions from fairly far away.

To be honest it might have to be changed. The way BIS are over hauling the sound is probably going to make it so that sound mods will have to change. Not sure though. But from what i know so far, Sonic cracks became 3D, and they're currently working on distance filters that actually sound very big. You can hear the bass and danger of explosions from fairly far away.

Probably. I have to get into the addons and check the new build up. Transfer the build to my own cpp's, make fitting sounds (if new classes got created) and update the mod. Tho, as they keep updating the game step by step as it seems, soundmodding became a pain in the ass. I will take a break from working on DFyre (Scripted) for now as we went into to much trouble I can't take care of right now due to RL problems.

DFyre LITE will still be updated, thats way easier to maintain for me right now.

LJ

I will take a break from working on DFyre (Scripted) for now as we went into to much trouble I can't take care of right now due to RL problems.

LJ

I think it's important for us mere mortals to remember you guys are only human. Real life is much more important, take a break buddy! ;)

Agreed with Law-Giver; looks like Arma3 will be going through a lot of changes sound-wise...

I was LJ, I might as well wait a bit rather than trying to keep up with constant changes. ;)

Agreed with Law-Giver; looks like Arma3 will be going through a lot of changes sound-wise...

I was LJ, I might as well wait a bit rather than trying to keep up with constant changes. ;)

I too can wait. But please tell, at least how to return the sound of shooting from all launchers (RPG-42,Titan,PCML) of DragonFyre?

These sounds disappeared for me, despite the fact that BIS did not change this sounds for vanilla.

I too can wait. But please tell, at least how to return the sound of shooting from all launchers (RPG-42,Titan,PCML) of DragonFyre?

These sounds disappeared for me, despite the fact that BIS did not change this sounds for vanilla.

Disable all mods, if that wont work reinstall the game. That will fix it.

why all the sonic cracks gone after 1.40? and how to bring it back?

why all the sonic cracks gone after 1.40? and how to bring it back?

Because BI redid the sounds for 1.40, including bullet-cracks and now JSRS no-longer overwrites the default. Try reading the last 2 or 3 pages or so first :)

Because BI redid the sounds for 1.40, including bullet-cracks and now JSRS no-longer overwrites the default. Try reading the last 2 or 3 pages or so first :)

I've asked elsewhere how to do this, but would anyone mind restating how this is possible?

I herd from CAPT. DRUMHELLER (AKA JESTER) that JSRS is affecting on the connection of the server, graphics and that the missions will run smooth.

How far that true???

it's a scriptheavy addon, so of course it's going to have an impact on performance. No clue how it should affect graphics though. That's why LJ was so kind to release JSRS Lite, which scratches the scripts. People with performance issues should probably check that out.

it's a scriptheavy addon, so of course it's going to have an impact on performance. No clue how it should affect graphics though. That's why LJ was so kind to release JSRS Lite, which scratches the scripts. People with performance issues should probably check that out.

Thanks for the help!

I have a problem with DragonFyre, the sonic cracks of the weapons sound really garbled and glitchy. It sounds like a blown out speaker. Vanilla snaps work fine, and so do Sound of Speed Pure's. I really like the rest of DragonFyre, but I can't use it because of that horrible sounding crack. I tried downloading from A3Launcher, and from Armaholic, and from this forum. I tried changing the bit rate and Hz of my sound. I even downloaded the sonic crack volume tweak but the problem persists. I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Just as a small heads up Seri, just a page back LJ stated that he paused his work on this mod until further notice. The "only" maintained DF-pack is the LITE one at the time of writing :)

Probably. I have to get into the addons and check the new build up. Transfer the build to my own cpp's, make fitting sounds (if new classes got created) and update the mod. Tho, as they keep updating the game step by step as it seems, soundmodding became a pain in the ass. I will take a break from working on DFyre (Scripted) for now as we went into to much trouble I can't take care of right now due to RL problems.

DFyre LITE will still be updated, thats way easier to maintain for me right now.

LJ

Taking a break at this point seems like the right choice if you want to save yourself from insanity with all the sound changes BI wants to make. Thanks nonetheless and I hope everything works out for you.

I've asked elsewhere how to do this, but would anyone mind restating how this is possible?

Right click ARMA 3 in your steam library, go to 'properties.' In properties select the "Betas" tab and in the box enter the code "Arma3Legacy138" without the quotes. Case sensitive. Click the "Check code" box then go to teh drop box just above that and select legacy 138 off the menu.

Close that and let ARMA 3 "update."