Found another bug. There is still environmental wind sound, even the command "wind" returns [0,0,0].

RC5

Is it intentional that the same sound of footsteps applies to most surfaces? The footstep sound doesn't change from walking on grass to entering a building even with wooden floors. That's one thing that is lacking in DragonFyre. Hearing the sound of stepping on wood when appropriate or metal such as when walking inside shipping containers seems like an essential effect for a sound mod. The only time I can remember hearing the sound of steps on a wooden surface accurately was on a wooden bridge on a custom map yet all houses on vanilla maps seem to lack this effect.

Upon further testing, there are metal sounds in the military building but no wooden surface sounds.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

I have a problem:

My group and I decided to use CUP from now on.

Everything works fine for us but when we are on our server, we can't here the gunshots of other player. Can that be a problem with JSRS DF? I hope not, I nether want to miss JSRS DF nor the CUP!

Is it intentional that the same sound of footsteps applies to most surfaces? The footstep sound doesn't change from walking on grass to entering a building even with wooden floors. That's one thing that is lacking in DragonFyre. Hearing the sound of stepping on wood when appropriate or metal such as when walking inside shipping containers seems like an essential effect for a sound mod. The only time I can remember hearing the sound of steps on a wooden surface accurately was on a wooden bridge on a custom map yet all houses on vanilla maps seem to lack this effect.

Upon further testing, there are metal sounds in the military building but no wooden surface sounds.

Is it just DragonFyre or without the mod too? Because I`m not sure if it is just Dfyre...

I have a problem:

My group and I decided to use CUP from now on.

Everything works fine for us but when we are on our server, we can't here the gunshots of other player. Can that be a problem with JSRS DF? I hope not, I nether want to miss JSRS DF nor the CUP!

Its Dfyre, it will be updated soon. Tho its a general problem and not just with that mod.

LJ

Its Dfyre, it will be updated soon. Tho its a general problem and not just with that mod.

LJ

Thansk for the quick reply. Without hurrying (really...I don't) have an idea what soon means? Like soon = weeks, soon = month...soon = eons? (^^)

If you don't know/ Can't answer that...thats also okay for me! ;P

I'm pretty sure it's a vanilla issue.

By the way folks, around here "soon" means "when it's ready"! ;P

By the way folks, around here "soon" means "when it's ready"! ;P

*cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*

We all know what that phrase meant :)

Seriously though, I was excited when they said RC5 is close to release and then got sad when they found new bugs but hey...always better to have something work right than not at all. Pointing to you Rome 2 and Sim City...

*cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*

We all know what that phrase meant :)

Seriously though, I was excited when they said RC5 is close to release and then got sad when they found new bugs but hey...always better to have something work right than not at all. Pointing to you Rome 2 and Sim City...

Please don't let this escalate like the RKSL 3 thread.

I ask the unholy question, I got the common answer - thats it! ^^" I'll just be patient!

Well,

we have a general script failure in the current build and we will have to wait till its fixed. As I`m not a scripter myself, I can`t say how long or severe that issue is to fix. But its serious.

LJ

Is it just DragonFyre or without the mod too? Because I`m not sure if it is just Dfyre...LJ

Its only missing with DragonFyre running. I took it out and upon entering buildings with wooden floors, the original Arma sounds produced clearly audible sounds of footsteps on a wooden surface.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Negative. To be sure I walked on a wooden surface with DragonFyre, SOS Pure, and vanilla Arma sounds and only DragonF didn't produce a distinct footsteps on wood sound.

Hey LordJarhead, can I please make a suggestion for DragonFyre?

Currently the incoming artillery sound effects for mortars/SPGs are very underwhelming and I believe they both share the same file (?).

Would you consider swapping them with louder, more scary sounds to further complement the new sounds and scripts in DragonFyre - that would be awesome.

I want to feel terrified when I hear artillery dropping close :)

Thanks

Hey LordJarhead, can I please make a suggestion for DragonFyre?

Currently the incoming artillery sound effects for mortars/SPGs are very underwhelming and I believe they both share the same file (?).

Would you consider swapping them with louder, more scary sounds to further complement the new sounds and scripts in DragonFyre - that would be awesome.

I want to feel terrified when I hear artillery dropping close :)

Thanks

Due to spawned explosions there are very muffled sounds for them, as we pointed out

many times before, thats what we need this voted to be successful:

Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo

This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Due to spawned explosions there are very muffled sounds for them, as we pointed out

many times before, thats what we need this voted to be successful:

Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo

This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Are eventhandlers needed just for the incoming arty sounds? (not the actual explosions).

The incoming "wooosh" sounds are already in vanilla, I just think they should be really improved.

Sorry if I wasn't clear that's what I meant :)

Edited by Gepanzert-Faust

Existing bug is when activating the Bouncing Betty (Anti Personal Bounding Mine), the explosion sound happens AS it's tripped, which is off sync with it's actual explosion. Looks, and feels bad. There needs to be a delay, and possibly even a spinning, pop effect when it jumps up, and than a spontaneous, BANG!

Today I downloaded the update to 1.40. Some vanilla sounds were replaced.

However, the sound of mod DragonFyre are much better!

After update 1.40. I remain a faithful fan of this mod.

However, after this update I can't find out the shots from pistols of DragonFyre!

I think, this update (1.40) somehow changed the sounds of DF!

I have also noticed that disappeared sounds when shot from a Launchers!!!

LJ this update can have influence on the DragonFyre mod!

How I do return the sounds of DragonFyre?

Edited by mickeymen

Today I downloaded the update to 1.40. Some vanilla sounds were replaced.

However, the sound of mod DragonFyre are much better!

After update 1.40. I remain a faithful fan of this mod.

However, after this update I can't find out the shots from pistols of DragonFyre!

I think, this update (1.40) somehow changed the sounds of DF!

I have also noticed that disappeared sounds when shot from a Launchers!!!

LJ this update can have influence on the DragonFyre mod!

How I do return the sounds of DragonFyre?

Is the update out on the stable or still on dev branch?

LJ

What pistols exactly?

LJ

EDIT:

Can't reproduce it. All pistols are working on my end. Tho I tested on RC5 but there shouldn`t be any difference between RC4 and 5 considering the pistols.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Suggestion: The volume differences when looking directly at an object and having head turned are far too dramatic especially at closer ranges. Can hear a man only a few feet away talking very softly while looking at him but turning your head produces a much louder sound output.

This effect seems to be more appropriate for longer distances such as when thinking you hear a heli far away and turning your head to point your ear towards the sound which allows you to hear it more clearly. But when it produces such a drastic difference at close ranges it seems out of place.

The sound of raindrops on vehicles is a nice touch but you can hardly hear it unless you turn your head to the side and then it becomes much louder.

Suggestion: The volume differences when looking directly at an object and having head turned are far too dramatic especially at closer ranges. Can hear a man only a few feet away talking very softly while looking at him but turning your head produces a much louder sound output.

This effect seems to be more appropriate for longer distances such as when thinking you hear a heli far away and turning your head to point your ear towards the sound which allows you to hear it more clearly. But when it produces such a drastic difference at close ranges it seems out of place.

The sound of raindrops on vehicles is a nice touch but you can hardly hear it unless you turn your head to the side and then it becomes much louder.

It may be what I called the "rotating turret bug" (here).

No news from RC5 users so far: so may be it's gone, may be not.

Is the update out on the stable or still on dev branch?

LJ

I don't use dev version of the game. I have the basic version of Arma.

What pistols exactly?

LJ

I first noticed this on PD7 pistol, later on ACP-C2 and 4-Five, 45.

I can't find the old sound, it seems to me its no! These pistols have lost power at the shooting and now as if sound quieter.

Also, I have 100% confidence in the fact, that there is no sound of firing from all Launcher.

After update 1.40, at shooting from any launcher, I hear only the vanilla sounds!

Maybe BIS has updated the paths to the some sound files, or changed sound names and now, for this reason, weapon uses the new(updated) vanilla sounds!?

Please help me resolve this problem.

Can't reproduce it. All pistols are working on my end. Tho I tested on RC5 but there shouldn`t be any difference between RC4 and 5 considering the pistols.

LJ

Very strange. But, try use RC4

Update 1.40 for ARMA added their own version of sonic cracks I think, and with Dragonfyre running all my players were complaining about how terrible they sounded compared to the Dragonfyre sonic cracks. Is this something we have going on wrong or did others experience a change with 1.40?

Will there be an updaste to Dragonfyre to address sound changes in 1.40?

Thanks for the awesome mod!