Does that include these features then ?

Both can't be tweaked. The rain does not make any difference between in and outside a building and the inside air vehicles have a certain occludeSoundsWhenIn and obstructSoundsWhenIn values I cant change without making the mod a required mission mod.

LJ

Does that include these features then ?

Nope, but these weren't planned anyways.

LJ

Hey Shadow, do you have time on weekend for testing the RC5 in Multiplayer? Would ask Tonci87 too, then we could do the tests as last time :9

Sorry for the late reply dude, been busy with real life things and haven't had time to do a lot of testing.

The mod is a bit different from the scripted version. This one does not contain any of the mentioned features. There is no inroom echo effect, no cartridges falling to the ground, no distance effects, no building reflections, no forest environment reflections, no distance explosions, no near shrapnel explosion sounds, no inroom explosion sounds, no vehicle reloading effects, in other words, if JSRS3 would be a Coca Cola, this version is a cup of water :P

But still, it sounds nearly the same, which surprised me a lot. All vehicles, environmental sounds, soldier effects, cracks and snaps, bullethits, first person weapon sounds, they are all the same as the COKE version, but on further distances, it doesn't sound that exciting anymore. A big plus: No scripting issues (if there are any with like scripted missions or other scripted mods), better performance and no conflicts with other mods anymore (Weapon addons and such stuff).

LJ

Then I guess "LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape" will replace some shortcomings.

Then I guess "LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape" will replace some shortcomings.

If you want to use the enhanced soundscape then you can go for the scripted version anyways. It contains the stuff but made it fitting the other sounds. Performance is no difference. L_ES is performance eating, no matter if you use it standalone or you use the scripted JSRS version in which L_ES is build into. It's the same in the end hehe. ;)

LJ

Thats the changelog for the UPCOMING update! Its showing you what "problems" I solved/addressed yet. Its not what HAS BEEN changed yet, ok? ;) This is COMING during next week... I hope but can't promise. Got it now? :)

LJ

Hi LJ!

on January 22, You said that perhaps the update will be released next week.

But it took a long time. I understand that your work is not simple, but

please tell, how long to wait for your second release?

Also I would like to know you will be in the new release, add a good sounds of destruction of buildings?

Such sounds really neccessary to the vanilla game.

Hi LJ!

Also I would like to know you will be in the new release, add a good sounds of destruction of buildings?

You forgot this > hope but can't promise.

Hi LJ!

I can't say, as we want it to be error free. People might forget how much work such a mod is, when you try to consider all the situations people are playing with, all the campaign missions, mp missions, so mission, massive editor creativity, every single term needs some testings. I do that so you guys don't have to download weekly update of the size of an entire mod...

And I told you about the building sounds. They are ok in game but I don't have any template sounds for that.

LJ

BTW I just build an JSRS2 LITE version. I figured some might appreciate that having no scripts in JSRS2.2 either now.

LJ

LJ, do you plan to update DFyre after the release of the Marksmen DLC?

Lol Dragonfyre barely needs an update except for the few bugs, there's enough sexy sounds already!

Lol Dragonfyre barely needs an update except for the few bugs, there's enough sexy sounds already!

I think what Tonci87 meant was, after the release of the Marksman DLC, the new weapons added would still use stock sounds, and everything else would be JSRSified.

@LordJarhead

Do you need more testers?

Currently not, I hope my testers will give some feedback soon, some did but not all of them. The more good feedback I get the better.

The both LITE versions do look great and work fine tho.

LJ, do you plan to update DFyre after the release of the Marksmen DLC?

Sure do!

LJ

You forgot this > hope but can't promise.

Not forgot, I say "perhaps" This allows for inaccuracy.

I can't say, as we want it to be error free. People might forget how much work such a mod is, when you try to consider all the situations people are playing with, all the campaign missions, mp missions, so mission, massive editor creativity, every single term needs some testings. I do that so you guys don't have to download weekly update of the size of an entire mod...

And I told you about the building sounds. They are ok in game but I don't have any template sounds for that.

LJ

Thank you for all your hard work. You raised arma3 to the next level.

I continue to wait second release, but I am sorry that you are satisfied with the vanilla sound destruction of buildings.

I think this sound a real shame of vanilla game. Also game have weak visual effects of destruction.

These two shortcomings together reinforce the negative effect of building destruction.

Not sure if this has been reported yet. We get a script error on the map Bystrica from the AiA map pack.

21:33:13 Error in expression <-30,1]);
_index = floor(random (count _fArray));
_soundV = _fArray select _ind>
21:33:13   Error position: <_fArray));
21:33:13   Error count: Undefined variable in expression: _farray
21:33:13 File DFyre_A_Core\scripts\ES_forest\forest.sqf, line 12

Not sure if this has been reported yet. We get a script error on the map Bystrica from the AiA map pack.

Mod maps are not supported by now. We are not really sure what causes that, but we will look into it. :)

Just on a quick note: We had to take out the vehicle-hit sounds that got build into RC5 as those needed to be broadcasted over the network to work fine and that would require every player AND the server to run JSRS. We are taking out some minor things and tweak the rest, after that, the mod should be good for an RC6 release in public again.

LJ

Hey!

Could you make a userconfig parameters so players can disable certain parts of the script? For example: I don't want to hear echo in rooms because its too delayed when my game is lagging, but I dont mind hearing distant explosions a bit delayed but with a muffled effect.

This would be amazing.

Thanks.

Edited by Champ-1

Hey!

Could you make a userconfig parameters so players can disable certain parts of the script? For example: I don't want to hear echo in rooms because its too delayed when my game is lagging, but I dont mind hearing distant explosions a bit delayed but with a muffled effect.

This would be amazing.

Thanks.

I would rather see an ingame solution, maybe use the configure addon menu.

It seems to be an enhanced soundscape issue, I'll try to look into that.

Bakerman apparently took over the scripting for DFyre, but not ES and the ES functions, so I'm responsible for that, I guess :)

I was playing earlier and saw tons of mortar fire but did not actually hear any of them firing off. Not sure if this is known or not but I'm still on RC5.

I was playing earlier and saw tons of mortar fire but did not actually hear any of them firing off. Not sure if this is known or not but I'm still on RC5.

RC5 intern Test version?

LJ

was testing out jsrs:dragonfyre today on our server and noticed that its spamming the rpt with " Cannot load sound 'dfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\acpc_dry.wss'" doesn't seem to be related to just jsrs either, other sound mods do the same thing is there any way to prevent this as we cant allow the mod on our server if its filling up the rpt. any help would be appreciated

was testing out jsrs:dragonfyre today on our server and noticed that its spamming the rpt with " Cannot load sound 'dfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\acpc_dry.wss'" doesn't seem to be related to just jsrs either, other sound mods do the same thing is there any way to prevent this as we cant allow the mod on our server if its filling up the rpt. any help would be appreciated

Yes,

I may have found a way to fix that problem and I'm almost sure it worked fine JSRS 2.2 I think.

LJ