..., wind noises got divided in wind_closed_in and wind_open_in so theres a different between open helicopters (AH9 Pawnee) and closes ones (Blackfoot and so on). ...

Does that differentiate between the open MH-9 and the closed civil MH-900?

Does that differentiate between the open MH-9 and the closed civil MH-900?

If all works, Yes!

LJ

How about this then Create an Optional_Required Folder with all the bug fixes and cool stuff in.

The stuff that can only be done when it is a required mod and allow the mission makers / server owners to choose if they use it or not.

How about this then Create an Optional_Required Folder with all the bug fixes and cool stuff in.

The stuff that can only be done when it is a required mod and allow the mission makers / server owners to choose if they use it or not.

It is actually really funny that you mention this. We just went into a problem here... Bakerman just discovered something that we all seemed to miss out in the entire development. We will have more informations later.

Edited by LordJarhead

OK, just a quick drop: I've build the lite version today. It comes without any scripts. Therefor some feature are missing, we'll, all of them. But after a quick run it actually seems to sound more decent then I first figured. We do some testings on it this weekend.

LJ

ok, just a quick drop: I've build the lite version today. It comes without any scripts. Therefor some feature are missing, we'll, all of them. But after a quick run it actually seems to sound more decent then i first figured. We do some testings on it this weekend.

Lj

awesome

Hi, sorry if this has been posted already but i couldnt find it.

Every time a HLC Ak is fired there is a script error, the same error also happens with the xm2010 sniper from RHS (yes that rifle is still wip)

Is this fixed in the new update?

Hi, sorry if this has been posted already but i couldnt find it.

Every time a HLC Ak is fired there is a script error, the same error also happens with the xm2010 sniper from RHS (yes that rifle is still wip)

Is this fixed in the new update?

Lord Jarhead´s Mod doesnt cover any Weapons from other mods....

OK, just a quick drop: I've build the lite version today. It comes without any scripts. Therefor some feature are missing, we'll, all of them. But after a quick run it actually seems to sound more decent then I first figured. We do some testings on it this weekend.

That's awesome! I've long wished for a script-free version of JSRS (I pretty much avoid anything with significant scripting) but never imagined such a thing would ever eventuate.

If anyone is interested in testing the JSRS3 LITE version, drop me a PM.

One of the most important things you'd need to test, is, what happens having JSRS-users and non-JSRS-users are playing on the same server.

Tho it should be fine and working mostly. Just need some people to confirm this mod version.

LJ

A Lite version sounds nice! Are there sevrer keys available for the test version?

/KC

Lord Jarhead´s Mod doesnt cover any Weapons from other mods....

Well thats all well and good, and i know the sounds of modded weapons are not affected by jsrs, but jsrs is causing script errors when these weapons get used by players or enemy which is called a mod conflict and surely it can be fixed easily...

Well thats all well and good, and i know the sounds of modded weapons are not affected by jsrs, but jsrs is causing script errors when these weapons get used by players or enemy which is called a mod conflict and surely it can be fixed easily...

Oh, easily, yeah? :P

It's RC4, so its not Final and problems can happen. I wont take care of any other mods until I get my own shit sorted :) And I'm pretty sure as soon as JSRS3 is working just fine, most other problems will disappear as well :)

LJ

LJ

Just a quick question concerning the status. There were so many posts here I got lost.

RC5 is in testing and delayed cause you found some more issues?

The light version is interesting, but what are the differences to the full version? What features are left out for example?

You are doing a great job I thank you for that. Your mod enhances the fun in playing this game 1000fold. To be honest, I stopped playing before you released Dragonfyre because the Vanilla sounds are immersionbreaking. With your mod the firefights become more intense and you have the feeling of being on a real battlefield ... well as close as I want to be at least :)

Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best for your future career.

RC5 is simply being tested before release, LJ is just making sure that it is as bug-free as can be! ;)

@nigrinus

I hope you don't mind me answering that for you.

RC5 is going through final testing. With a mod of this scale you want everything working as it should upon release, because I don't think you want to download weekly, or even daily, 3GB patches. Of course bugs aren't Pokemon, but we do try to catch em all. :p

The light version, labeled LITE, is a script-free version of JSRS3 DragonFyre. What you're left with is pure improved audio, all of the stock sound effects have been redone. You lose out on distance effects, environmental reflections and indoor effects, but you still get all the sounds with no performance loss. IMHO The light version sounds great.

One quick question for RC5 testers: does RC5 correct the "rotating turret" bug ?

To test it, MP only:

- put on guy in a vehicule with a .50 turret (MRAP for example)

- put yourself 20 meters away, looking at the turret

- ask the guy to fire the MG while rotating through 360° (quick burst, rotating 45° between each burst)

In the first public version, the sound was changing dramatically to a point where it was completly weird (ie unrealistic).

Same issue when one guy was firing his weapon and you were walking around him. There's some kind of cone where the sound doesn't sound at all like a firearm.

Thx !

I will say on RC5 I do not like the new bullet hit sounds when you or another soldier is hit. Unless it's bugged and is blocking the default sounds, it just sounds like a bullet tearing through paper and it's very hard to hear. I really like the default sounds as it made it very distinctive that you or someone else was hit.

The light version is interesting, but what are the differences to the full version? What features are left out for example?

The mod is a bit different from the scripted version. This one does not contain any of the mentioned features. There is no inroom echo effect, no cartridges falling to the ground, no distance effects, no building reflections, no forest environment reflections, no distance explosions, no near shrapnel explosion sounds, no inroom explosion sounds, no vehicle reloading effects, in other words, if JSRS3 would be a Coca Cola, this version is a cup of water :P

But still, it sounds nearly the same, which surprised me a lot. All vehicles, environmental sounds, soldier effects, cracks and snaps, bullethits, first person weapon sounds, they are all the same as the COKE version, but on further distances, it doesn't sound that exciting anymore. A big plus: No scripting issues (if there are any with like scripted missions or other scripted mods), better performance and no conflicts with other mods anymore (Weapon addons and such stuff).

LJ

Does the scripted version contain any new effects that were previously not included because of the Required MOD problem ?

if !(above) will you include or create a version with the extra effects that is required as an optional folder download ? :)

Does the scripted version contain any new effects that were previously not included because of the Required MOD problem ?

It stays client side and will not be required in any way. Thats at least the goal! Currently it works, but I might oversee some updating base classes.

And the new FINAL version sounds way different again. Volume, samples, scripts, many things changed.

LJ

It stays client side and will not be required in any way. Thats at least the goal! Currently it works, but I might oversee some updating base classes.

And the new FINAL version sounds way different again. Volume, samples, scripts, many things changed.

LJ

sorry edited my post as you replied :)

Will those features that cannot be implemented because of required mod become an optional thing ever ?

Edited by BL1P

sorry edited my post as you replied :)

Will those features that cannot be implemented because of required mod become and optional thing ever ?

Actually there aren't any, beside on minor thing that I can build in on a different way I think. But so far, all the features we've planned, stay "non-required" ;)

LJ

@LJ and Bakerman

Thanks for clearing that up to me :)

I am so looking forward to your new RC.