He said he's done with Arma after this release because BI didn't give him a job, his hissy fit is a few pages back.

Your nickname suits you.

I am not testing the new RC5, however looking at the changelog I would like for LJ to consider the following: can the alternate bullet snaps such as whistles and zips be utilized without the bullets passing through vegetation?

I am not testing the new RC5, however looking at the changelog I would like for LJ to consider the following: can the alternate bullet snaps such as whistles and zips be utilized without the bullets passing through vegetation?

They'll appear more often, the log just said that bullets going through leaves mostly sound just like whizz sounds. ;)

LJ

Some more feedback (which unfortunately might be related to AGM which I know you have no support for, but I'll give it a go anyway in case it is related to DragonFyre):

I feel that planted explosives using the AGM system are too quiet. I'm unsure if DragonFyre covers these explosion, but if it does it's my opinion that they should be about 30-50% louder.

The feedback is based on listening in a multiplayer game.

Thanks again for your amazing work!

must have for all arma players not playing that much at the time but if i do DragonFyre is with me rc4 i have no problem really like it how it is

must have for all arma players not playing that much at the time but if i do DragonFyre is with me rc4 i have no problem really like it how it is

except for the glitches... You'll like the new, final, fixed version better. The current version is like getting a Birthday cake with alot of typos. It's still cake, it's good, but... Lets just fix a few minor problems.

They'll appear more often, the log just said that bullets going through leaves mostly sound just like whizz sounds. ;)

LJ

Gotcha, I believe it was 1.5 in Arma 2 that had the whistle sound effect present, that was by far my favorite iteration of JSRS. Well actually Dragonfyre might be...

Here are some examples though

RP4OCvd07dk

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8a6_1419327959

two more things gathered during gameplay (rc5 feedback):

- Don't know if this can be fixed, but the rain seems to sound the same Inside or outside the buildings (military or civilians).

- as a jet/chopper pilot, in 1st person view, snaps sounds seem to exceed the volume of engines/weapons (hear incoming projectiles has a good gameplay value though). you may have already considered this for your tweaks.

best regards

two more things gathered during gameplay (rc5 feedback):

- Don't know if this can be fixed, but the rain seems to sound the same Inside or outside the buildings (military or civilians).

- as a jet/chopper pilot, in 1st person view, snaps sounds seem to exceed the volume of engines/weapons (hear incoming projectiles has a good gameplay value though). you may have already considered this for your tweaks.

best regards

Both can't be tweaked. The rain does not make any difference between in and outside a building and the inside air vehicles have a certain occludeSoundsWhenIn and obstructSoundsWhenIn values I cant change without making the mod a required mission mod.

LJ

Short question, I use the RC from the first page of this thread. Is there another RC I can test or only available for a bunch of testing guys?! I mean, was it RC 4 when you released it? o.O .. I DL-ed it when it came out

Short question, I use the RC from the first page of this thread. Is there another RC I can test or only available for a bunch of testing guys?! I mean, was it RC 4 when you released it? o.O .. I DL-ed it when it came out

RC 5 testing has already come and gone my friend, if you were a Intern Tester. RC 1 was ages ago, RC 4 is the latest PUBLIC build as of 2/12/2015.

If you are interested in testing future builds, and help the other testers, please PM LordJarhead. I, nor the other testers, are allowed to hand out other RC versions as they are "WiP".

Thanks!!

-Shadow

Hey Shadow, do you have time on weekend for testing the RC5 in Multiplayer? Would ask Tonci87 too, then we could do the tests as last time :9

Packing and signing the final version right now. Will upload it this evening/night I hope. If you can, get to test it this weekend... then I'll wait for the release till sunday?!?

LJ

Its up to you, if you have enough results from the testers and already fixed those then you can release it tonight. I think i would have same results as other testers in the Multiplayer. So now its your decision :)

Murphy's law says that no matter how much longer you postpone the release and how many people test it, the moment you release it to public, a ton of new bugs will be found.

Deal with it. :cool:

Murphy's law says that no matter how much longer you postpone the release and how many people test it, the moment you release it to public, a ton of new bugs will be found.

Deal with it. :cool:

That's for sure, this thread has quite a good life expectancy...now LJ, wether you decide this version to be final or not, the question that matters is to know if you are satisfied with it.

Edited by Megiddo

Both can't be tweaked. The rain does not make any difference between in and outside a building and the inside air vehicles have a certain occludeSoundsWhenIn and obstructSoundsWhenIn values I cant change without making the mod a required mission mod.

LJ

Make it required.

LJ

Make it required.

+1

I quote !!

That's for sure, this thread has quite a good life expectancy...now LJ, wether you decide this version to be final or not, the question that matters is to know if you are satisfied with it.

I'll get it up tomorrow I hope and then decide. After all it seems to be the best ever and error-free version there was in JSRS history so to speak. :) And that being said having all the scripts running in the background that made me afraid of any public release heh.

Also, there wont be an update, you will have to redownload it. The new version does come along with a new key/signature either to prevent people from mixing both versions and come up with "You said it was fixed, but its not, idiot!" comments I can't really find any use to.

LJ

Make it required.

I know he won't do it; but, please, don't. This is always a nightmare for mission makers.

Anyway, RC4 already sounds great here, haven't had any major issues. Looking forward to the final release. Great job, LJ!

It will be great if we can get this new version available for the weekend. It's your call though :)

It will be great if we can get this new version available for the weekend. It's your call though :)

Hehe, funny the way how everyone says "Yeah its your choice" but keep pushing the same time "... but this weekend would be nice, HARR HARR HARR" :P Joke. I'm fixing some minor issues right now that I lately discovered with helicopters and all. Helicopter do have their own explosion sounds now apart from vehicles, wind noises got divided in wind_closed_in and wind_open_in so theres a different between open helicopters (AH9 Pawnee) and closes ones (Blackfoot and so on). Minor tweaks to volumes, new cracks for autocannon rounds, Overpressure effects volume tweaks, same as overall audibility of being hit when inside a vehicle.

All in all, it should be up for the weekend (I know I said that too often, heh)

LJ