Of course, but there were mentions of it being released yesterday, but no updates on why it wasn't and when it might be. ;)

That was just someone saying it. Did I said that? No, I said I will wait for the testers to give feedback, fix what ever kind of problems are left over, and then will release it by next week. So this is next week and it goes from Monday to Sunday. :)

And btw, I got like three feedbacks yet... Out of twelve testers... That how much they give a shit about a release date and so I will just wait. I don't want to rush things and end up with new Bullshit because I want the next release to be final.

Thanks,

LJ

The testings will go on to sunday so everyone involved has enough time to give it a good try.

As I told my testers, if there's nothing going wrong, or just minor updates needed, that could be a quick flick and the mod should be final by next week.

Thanks,

LJ

I should've asked to test it for you, we had 2 big games during the weekend. Nonetheless, once you release it, we'll be sure to post our experiences with it.

The only major issue I encountered was the new thunder sounds not really playing. Mostly very distant sounds and it almost sounded like vanilla audio. Other than that I'm definitely digging the new sounds overall, and the sonic cracks are nicer as well. I play in limited scenarios with infantry usually. The MX sounds incredible now.

Of course, but there were mentions of it being released yesterday, but no updates on why it wasn't and when it might be. ;)

Well please don't ask for updates, or when it will be released. Its counted as spam on these forums.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

That was just someone saying it. Did I said that? No, I said I will wait for the testers to give feedback, fix what ever kind of problems are left over, and then will release it by next week. So this is next week and it goes from Monday to Sunday. :)

And btw, I got like three feedbacks yet... Out of twelve testers... That how much they give a shit about a release date and so I will just wait. I don't want to rush things and end up with new Bullshit because I want the next release to be final.

Thanks,

LJ

Do you require any more testers? I'd be willing to try out the latest version and give you my constructive feedback.

I want the next release to be final.

Thanks,

LJ

Why final?

Probably you are tired or have lost inspiration...

Why final?

Probably you are tired or have lost inspiration...

Mate...

"I just want it final" means "I dont want to release another version that has problems and issues and need new updates and patches" ... Doens't every modder wants his stuff to be final/perfect?

Jees...^^ yes, some posts make me loose my inspiration, lol

LJ

1: FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

2: FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

3: FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

4: FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

5: FIX: Envi SFX random selection

6: FIX: Greandes no longer produce explosion sound on water surface

7: FIX: Most crispy/overdone explosions distant sounds

1: MP didnt test yet, will do this week, hope Tonci and Shadow are up for this :)

2: seems fixed for me

3: can confirm that, its fixed.

4: Enviroment sounds good for me

5: also sound great, no problems there

6: confirmed

7: distant explosions sound great, much better than before :)

FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

FIX: Envi SFX random selection

FIX: Greandes no longer produce explosion sound on water surface

FIX: Most crispy/overdone explosions distant sounds

LJ, in the past 3 days of intensive MP testing that we've done on my end I can tell you that all of these noted fixes are working great. One of the only things Ive noticed is that the Grenade Launcher from the MX is not audible all the time when another player is shooting it, I was standing about 10m from the player. Several times I looked at the player shoot the GL and just watch the round come out and only hear an explosion when the round landed. Sometimes I was able to hear the sound and other times I was not. Also I noticed when other players are firing sometimes you hear the gun going off other times all you hear is the sound of the bullet hitting the ground next to you and I was standing probably 25m from the player.

I also noted that the GBUs from aircraft are using bohemia's default explosion sound for GBUs. Is that something you plan on changing or intentionally leaving as default. I thought i recall you saying you plan on changing that but i could be wrong :P.

I have not found a single issue in regards to the change log, so good bug hunting Jarhead!

I did notice that the US and russian (rhs) grenades have two sets of explosions sounding at the same time. It also seems that there is a delay between the two, and that the interval between these two sounds are different depending on what grenade you use.

Hope this helps.

Nord.

FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

FIX: Envi SFX random selection

FIX: Greandes no longer produce explosion sound on water surface

FIX: Most crispy/overdone explosions distant sounds

LJ, in the past 3 days of intensive MP testing that we've done on my end I can tell you that all of these noted fixes are working great. One of the only things Ive noticed is that the Grenade Launcher from the MX is not audible all the time when another player is shooting it, I was standing about 10m from the player. Several times I looked at the player shoot the GL and just watch the round come out and only hear an explosion when the round landed. Sometimes I was able to hear the sound and other times I was not. Also I noticed when other players are firing sometimes you hear the gun going off other times all you hear is the sound of the bullet hitting the ground next to you and I was standing probably 25m from the player.

I also noted that the GBUs from aircraft are using bohemia's default explosion sound for GBUs. Is that something you plan on changing or intentionally leaving as default. I thought i recall you saying you plan on changing that but i could be wrong :P.

Yeah I will change the GBU's as well, wasn't planned to have them vanilla. Any change you know the specific name/class name?

LJ

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I have not found a single issue in regards to the change log, so good bug hunting Jarhead!

I did notice that the US and russian (rhs) grenades have two sets of explosions sounding at the same time. It also seems that there is a delay between the two, and that the interval between these two sounds are different depending on what grenade you use.

Hope this helps.

Nord.

I dont support any other mods and I'm actually not interested in these kinda problems right now ;)

LJ

I just want to say that this is a "must try" mod. :D

Hope this helps.

Nord.

Thank you for testing & feedback. I'll look into the issue, but I won't promise anything. :)

I think I may have found a bug in the mission "Attention Deficit" from the Adapt Campaign. After leaving the boat, I hear the boat engine no matter where I go as if it were right next to me.

Edit:

I just tried reloading the auto-save when you land at your destination from the boat, and it takes off, taking its sound with it :)

So I'm not sure if its JSRS or the engine itself.

Edited by l337acc

Is there any known incompatibility with Zeus? Because Explosions of MLRS, Atillery et cetera are really quiet and boring, on a volume level where rifle shots nearly kill my ears. I'm talking about both, the Units themselves firing, and the placeable fire support modules. I was both, listening while beeing a unit, and in the Zeus camera. When starting a mission without Zeus, it sounds the same, though.

I went back to JSRS 2.2 because this works without any issues and the sounds of weapons and explosion generally sounds more powerfull. Too bad this mod is discontinued (or is it?). Hoping one day DragonFyre will sound as awesome, i'm just rather surprised that it does sound infact less powerfull (after all, it's 2.2' successor), and i'm hoping that it is only a bug on my end that i can fix, given i'm a huge JSRS Fan.

Mods Used: CBA. Blastcore (issue persists after removing Blastcore).

Self-Made Zeus Missions, playing both as Zeus and Unit.

Dedicated Server. Mission isn't scriptheavy at all (TAW Viewdistance script, that's it.)

I'm using a 5.1 Surround Headset on USB.

To be specific: As Infantryman, when i throw a grenade, the sound was about ~10 times louder than the Arty shells. Arty shells sounded the same regardless of distance. Arty shells had a volume that i'd expect them to have at 2+km distance. Sound Speed worked, as in, the further away the explosion was, the longer the sound took until i heard it. Directional sound worked aswell, as i was able to spot from which direction the sound came.

I went back to JSRS 2.2 because this works without any issues and the sounds of weapons and explosion generally sounds more powerfull. Too bad this mod is discontinued (or is it?). Hoping one day DragonFyre will sound as awesome...

An update is coming soonTM. Where did you get the impression the mod was discontinued?

@Elena

Known and listed issue. Fix is ready for the next release.

@Jackal326

Probably reddit :rolleyes:

@Elena

Known and listed issue. Fix is ready for the next release.

Great to hear!
An update is coming soonTM. Where did you get the impression the mod was discontinued?

Because of posts like this in the JSRS 2.2 Thread. Oh well, LJ himself said it is^^

Edited by Elena

Great to hear!

Because of posts like this in the JSRS 2.2 Thread. I'm glad that it isn't.

Jees, as long as I dont say anything you guys can puzzle as long you want^^

JSRS2.2 will NOT be continued! JSRS3 is the new mod I put my energy in. Why would I go back lol

And after JSRS3 comes.... yes.... JSRS4. :P

LJ

To out do your own work is one heck of a self challenge.

Let's dream of a new "out of the box" engine for arma 4, with better sound mechanics...unless LJ is thinking of it for arma 3? ;)

He said he's done with Arma after this release because BI didn't give him a job, his hissy fit is a few pages back.

He said he's done with Arma after this release because BI didn't give him a job, his hissy fit is a few pages back.

Herrr, no. LJ is involved in other Arma3 projects... Just read a few pages back.