If everything works, final release on Sunday!

LJ

Good luck LJ! We look forward to:p

Well, as we build in a new script on friday night and now I have to make around 100 new sounds for it, I wont be able to deliver that soon. During next week tho, as the new effects are really cool thing for the games feeling I'd like to give some special care. I'll keep you posted tho.

LJ

PS: @all wanting to test this thing: I'll answer you PM's when the RC5 is up! I can't answer every single person as it would take too much time. But you'll get the link then ;)

LJ, I noticed that in the game is very faint sound of glass breakage.

At a distance of 5-6 meters, it is almost unheard of!

Example for you:

I hope, that you understand, that this is not ugly and more this unrealistic!

I'm not sure this is the problem of your mod or the vanilla game!? I dont know.

Probably you can solve the problem in next update!

Please make sound notable, even at great distances!

Edited by mickeymen

Dear Lord Jarhead!

Been playing with Dragonfyre now for about a week. The best part of this whole mod is how I find myself ducking IRL when rounds are skipping off cement near me. I love it.

I have one issue though (this is a taste thing, but I feel like lots of people will agree)

The sound on lots of guns when the charging handle comes back after a shot (in first person) is waaaay too loud. Especially with a suppressor on an MX. Yes, IRL there would be a sound for that, but it would be so quiet compared to the report of the rifle, even with a suppressor, that you would barely hear it. Please consider changing this.

Other than that, this is excellent!

Keep up the great work!

Dear Lord Jarhead!

Been playing with Dragonfyre now for about a week. The best part of this whole mod is how I find myself ducking IRL when rounds are skipping off cement near me. I love it.

Yep ducking here too! thanks LJ!!! JSRS DF + Blastcore + EUTW server's good bye weekends :)

Dear Lord Jarhead!

I have one issue though (this is a taste thing, but I feel like lots of people will agree)

The sound on lots of guns when the charging handle comes back after a shot (in first person) is waaaay too loud. Especially with a suppressor on an MX. Yes, IRL there would be a sound for that, but it would be so quiet compared to the report of the rifle, even with a suppressor, that you would barely hear it. Please consider changing this.

Keep up the great work!

I'll put it on my list, I agree with you! ;)

LJ

Dear Lord Jarhead!

Keep up the great work!

I also agree with that. I like a lot of weapon sounds, and the sonics sound really nice.. I can't get along with a lot of vehicle engines.. It is nice that it's more quiet now within a vehicle, but for example, I just passed an Ifrit on a server and it sounded like some kind of electronic engine and not like a big fuel powered engine.. Maybe you understand what I mean :) Also the Quad-engine, it is not that loud anymore, really nnice, but it doesn't sound like a 4-stroke engine, or 2-stroke...

- Another point, I got shot by a sniper and he hit the sand next to me, the impact sounded like the old grenade dropping sound from arma2. I just ran zig zag because I thought somebody threw a nade.

I'm very sorry if I said sth. that has already been mentioned. I hardly got time to play or even read all the other posts, but I know you always appreciate feedback ;)

Keep it up

The more i use the script, the more i feel like i just can't play without it. But I have this problem, and its not a mission design or performance issue. I know i can't be alone...

Is anyone else seeing huge FPS drops during big firefights? I mean i'm talking about 15+ guns firing at the same time, nothing else, full auto as well. This has to be a script per bullet issue. Is there anyway to enhance it? Like limit the scripts to only run on a set number of weapons at once? I know you talked about a lite version, but either way i think this needs improvements. I love it as-is, just this bit is what kills it for me. Of course i can't see turning off the MOD but it kills the gameplay. i usually sit hiding in cover until the fire slows down and FPS restore back to normal so i can then have a fighting chance.

Sorry my knowledge of scripting is terrible so maybe i have it wrong on how the scripts and bullets work, but i hope you understand my point. Again, it doesn't have to be a full mission, just put down about 20 units on a map, and then have them engage all at once and you should see the problem i am explaining. Its rare in the game when you only have 5 or less people firing at once where it performs just fine...

The more i use the script, the more i feel like i just can't play without it. But I have this problem, and its not a mission design or performance issue. I know i can't be alone...

Is anyone else seeing huge FPS drops during big firefights? I mean i'm talking about 15+ guns firing at the same time, nothing else, full auto as well. This has to be a script per bullet issue. Is there anyway to enhance it? Like limit the scripts to only run on a set number of weapons at once? I know you talked about a lite version, but either way i think this needs improvements. I love it as-is, just this bit is what kills it for me. Of course i can't see turning off the MOD but it kills the gameplay. i usually sit hiding in cover until the fire slows down and FPS restore back to normal so i can then have a fighting chance.

Sorry my knowledge of scripting is terrible so maybe i have it wrong on how the scripts and bullets work, but i hope you understand my point. Again, it doesn't have to be a full mission, just put down about 20 units on a map, and then have them engage all at once and you should see the problem i am explaining. Its rare in the game when you only have 5 or less people firing at once where it performs just fine...

Hi :) I have never seen such a problem.

I use a large firefight (20-30 or more soldiers at the same time) is Likely of your problem is not associated with FragonFyre mod.

Recently I made a discovery!

I disabled vertical sync and then my FPS has tremendously increased!

Sometimes it reaches 100 FPS! Try to do the same. Probably your problem will be solved!

Edited by mickeymen

Just a question I'm curious of: if I use this mod and another guy playing on the same server don't, is it possible he can hear my shots only if fired in auto ? He can't hear single shots, haven't tried with burst, but he can still hear the cracks.

Can this be related to this mod ?

Just a question I'm curious of: if I use this mod and another guy playing on the same server don't, is it possible he can hear my shots only if fired in auto ? He can't hear single shots, haven't tried with burst, but he can still hear the cracks.

Can this be related to this mod ?

The issue definitely isn't limited to this mod only. I tried SoS and I'm still experience missing sounds from player gunshots. I'm starting to lean towards a botched game update to 1.38, or maybe it's a vanilla bug?

Hey, a couple of my opinions regarding the mod. Mainly 2 sounds that i noticed that sound REALLY bad IMO and are very prominent.

The grenade sound. No matter how close you are, its SUPER muffled for some reason. Doesnt sound like an explosion at all.

The bullet "cracks". Even with the optional addon, it sounds like those instruments that drummers hit (cymbals?). The "tish" sound". Just kinda out of place. To be specific, if you go into third person and move your camera to a head on view of your guy and fire, youl hear it. Its very prominent since there are always people firing from all sorts of directions when playing.

Don't like the sonic cracks? Just remove the dfyre_e_sonic_cracks pbo file from your addons folder! :)

You know, posting the same stupid "issues" for weeks now makes me not responding to this thread anymore. Seriously, please read the first post. Its a known issue with the explosions. Also there is a secondary link for different soniccrack-volumes. New update will be around soon I hope.

LJ

EDIT:

I'm just packing the new version and uploading it now. Will spread it out to the testers and when not many reports come back, I'll hand this out to the public! Gotta get it done now and move on ;)

Edited by LordJarhead

Your awesome dude. I hope we dont lose you forever :)

i think the ASTFOR mod maybe stealing him away for abit ;)

You know, posting the same stupid "issues" for weeks now makes me not responding to this thread anymore. Seriously, please read the first post. Its a known issue with the explosions. Also there is a secondary link for different soniccrack-volumes. New update will be around soon I hope.

LJ

EDIT:

I'm just packing the new version and uploading it now. Will spread it out to the testers and when not many reports come back, I'll hand this out to the public! Gotta get it done now and move on ;)

Awesome! Sounds good! So all those who PM'd you to help test will be getting a link right?

LJ

EDIT:

u da real mvp

i think the ASTFOR mod maybe stealing him away for abit ;)

Awesome, i thought he meant he was moving on from "arma" :D

After a delay because of a non-cleared temp folder that kinda mixed up old with new files we started the internal testings today. Everyone who PM'd me got his invitation/download link. The testings will go on to sunday so everyone involved has enough time to give it a good try. Rules and tasklist included. Some may post here, but most will PM me or hit me on Skype. We do not expect many issues tho. The current and latest logged changes are these:

FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

FIX: Envi SFX random selection

FIX: Greandes no longer produce explosion sound on water surface

FIX: Most crispy/overdone explosions distant sounds

ADD: ReadMe File

ADD: Added new explosions in CFG

ADD: Added environmental SFX

ADD: Added wind noises to trees

ADD: Added small incoming sounds to bullethits

ADD: Added "Boiiing" effects to bullethits

ADD: Bullets hitting foliage and leaves are mostly whizz or hizz sounds

ADD: New close snaps added

ADD: Added subsonic snaps and cracks for 9mm

ADD: New weaponsounds

ADD: New sounds for M134

ADD: New Explosion sounds for Arty and distances

ADD: New Explosion sounds for Shells and distances

ADD: Ammo explosions while tanks are burning

ADD: Bolt sounds for M320 LRR.408

ADD: New Closure sounds for first person view

ADD: New sounds when Shell AP rounds hit a vehicle

ADD: New sounds when Shell HE rounds hit a vehicle

ADD: New sounds when 20-40mm AP rounds hit a vehicles

ADD: New sounds when 20-40mm HE rounds hit a vehicles

ADD: New sounds when Rockets/Missiles hit a vehicles

ADD: New sounds when inside a vehicles and getting hit by above mentioned ammunitions

ADD: New sounds when a round penetrates the vehicles hull causing overpressure

ADD: Four stages of overpressure depending on ammunition penetrating

TWEAK: Overall explosions volumes reduced

TWEAK: Overall weapon volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall vehicle volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall CFG tweaks

TWEAK: Overall Script cleaning and tweaks

TWEAK: Overall soniccracks volume tweaks

TWEAK: Reduced closure effect volumes

TWEAK: Reduced movement volume

TWEAK: Increased wind loudness on heavy overcast

TWEAK: Tweaked all config values for better ingame volume management

TWEAK: Tweaked environmental volumes

TWEAK: Tweaked M200 CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: Tweaked Zafir CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: AH9 Blackfoot gatling gun volume

TWEAK: Closure sounds have been reworked

TWEAK: UGL sound distance

TWEAK: Volume values

TWEAK: Wizz sounds for 9mm

TWEAK: CFG distance values for exploding vehicles

TWEAK: Fuel explosions distance

CHANGE: Bullethits got further updates

CHANGE: Wind noises in Helicopters reduced

CHANGE: Close snaps are sound more frightening

CHANGE: New Whizz/Hizz sounds

CHANGE: Tweaked most weapons with new sounds

CHANGE: Sounds for Ijured/Moaning are back working

CHANGE: Helicopter stress sounds reduced

CHANGE: Removed old crispy Shell explosion sounds

CHANGE: Removed old crispy Arty explosion sounds

All in all, DragonFyre made another step to its personal perfection. Tho many little details are not satisfying to me lately and I either swap over some things or start with something else. More or less, the mod made a little twist, away from crisp and loudness towards a clearer and more dynamic audibility. The changes are of minor nature but should still be very noticeable to most players calling DFyre a "known" mod already. I'm curious how the mod will turn out. As I told my testers, if there's nothing going wrong, or just minor updates needed, that could be a quick flick and the mod should be final by next week.

Thanks,

LJ

Great, Downloadlink aquired. I start a short test in a few minutes, intense tests will follow at the evening (German time)

same here, dl link is finally working. feedback incoming asap. Thank you sir Jarhead :)