Don't get discouraged, LJ! You do amazing work! I fought hard with the devs to get CBA supported in Epoch so we could run your sound mod, and as of the latest Epoch patch.....it works! Hopefully it will help get DFyre more exposure in what's sure to become one of the most popular Arma 3 mods in the community as it continues to develop. You've made an awesome product and it's high time that BIS recognizes your work. But even if they don't, we the community are here to support you just the same. :)

LJ, you're an amazing and inspirational content creator! I don't think you should count on BI to tell you that, if you get love and respect from the community (of which, you do) that should be all it takes! Because what's a game without it's members? Nothing.

Bohemia is at a loss without you on their team, and if they can't realize that (or at least work WITH you), then you deserve better. You don't sound like a waily faggot, I understand the frustration you must have towards B.I. but I guess we should look beyond that and realize they are actually ATTEMPTING to create a better Default soundset(s). And that's just for weapons! What about your mod? It covers literally E V E R Y THING in the game (sounds wise anywho). I really doubt BI is going to attempt to "re-create" something that is already amazing, even in RC stages.

Honestly man,

Sounds like you need a nice and long vacation when you get this thing finished (or, out of RC). And then, possibly move on to a better game and start spreading the "Love of LordJarhead" to different games, like BeamNG or GTA V (for examples) to give yourself a refresh, and eventually then get back into ArmA.

I don't know guys, do you agree?

-Shadow

I would like to see BIS actually hire LJ, it doesn't supposed to be a complete JSRS port into arma, but his experirence will be great to contribute to arma 3. Especially with new update

Edited by Tachi

I actually really don't care that much for the new samples on the dev-branch. They all seem to be missing something, and are out of place for some reason. It's quite strange, they also feel more "clunky" sounding. Idk, maybe it's just me and me being bias against anything Bohemia attempts to do with sounds.

So, something else, just in case someone is interested, I need some people to MP-test the next update. As the changelog grow real fast I need to be sure that all the mentioned fixes, tweaks, changes and additions work out the way they should. I'm not part of the test, I never am really. I'll sent out the data and some people who provide server and such can test it. Its nothing major, same mod as before, but sounds a little different now. Maybe a public test even, but the "update" or RC5 would be another 4.3 GB so I dont think it would be wise to upload that as a test version and when no errors show up, testers will have to redownload the whole stuff again^^

So yeah, just post here.

Seeing as your mod is free, and I couldn't play without it. I'd be ready and willing to help out with any MP tests. I owe ya that much!

Seriously though, this mod is incredible. Shoot me a PM when you've got a test session coming up and I'll make time.

//-----------------------//

So, something else, just in case someone is interested, I need some people to MP-test the next update. As the changelog grow real fast I need to be sure that all the mentioned fixes, tweaks, changes and additions work out the way they should. I'm not part of the test, I never am really. I'll sent out the data and some people who provide server and such can test it. Its nothing major, same mod as before, but sounds a little different now. Maybe a public test even, but the "update" or RC5 would be another 4.3 GB so I dont think it would be wise to upload that as a test version and when no errors show up, testers will have to redownload the whole stuff again^^

So yeah, just post here. Tonci, maybe you and your crew would be up for that?

Thanks,

LJ

PS: And sry again. Forget about the shit earlier.

I would be willing to help test LJ! Lets get to it!

I have been Having an issue with JSRS3 where it I can only hear explosions, my gun, vehicles, and the environment. I don't know if this issue is already known to you or not I just thought to bring it up. I have have tried using just JSRS3, and CBA, but it will still have the problem. But when I go back to JSRS2 it works just fine.

Thanks,

LJ

Yeah, i am up for it. Tonci or Shadow can easy write a pm to me, just tell me when ;)

I know...

... thanks alot.

It is maybe also kinda my own fault at last. And I wasn't expecting too much. They weren't ignoring me completely, but lately they seemed to be pretty busy...

Forget it. I'm weird sometimes... sry.

I dont worry about JSRS. With the next update the mod is done and final anyways, so I hope at least. And even if they go for explosions, vehicles and such, and if I could bring up the time, it wont be much of a problem to also fix that in case it changes things on the mod.

I'm really sry about what I said earlier. I wasn't really aiming to accuse BI in public or anything like that. Its just my own terrible situation that makes me feel like shit lately. I'm sry.

Dont mix both Mods, use one or the other.

//-----------------------//

Thanks,

LJ

PS: And sry again. Forget about the shit earlier.

My community has disbanded a few months ago. Why not use the Steam JSRS testers group (for some weird reason you are not part of it)? Shadow and Timewarp are sure up for another MP test, and me too of course.

My community has disbanded a few months ago

WHAT THE.... why??? Thats... shitty man...

LJ

LJ

You should probably know how many game companies go bankrupt, get bought out or simply disappear nowadays. The gaming industry as it is today is just very unstable and unpredictible, I know because I myself have applied for several internships and jobs. Now I'm studying Game Art in collage partially because people like you made me believe that one individual can make a big diffrence for a big crowd.

My advice would be to just keep doing what you love, and what you do best, and prehaps try to set up a little freelance operation for yourself. Just always try to look forward and never look too far back. BIS have survived for this long because the uphold a very intricate business model that not many people fit in. I'm sure they didn't reject your work, there just probably wasn't any space or time. BIS rejects hundreds of applications every year.

So just keep working and keep trying, because I know you have talent. Hell perhaps one day BI will come knocking on your door.

My community has disbanded a few months ago. Why not use the Steam JSRS testers group (for some weird reason you are not part of it)? Shadow and Timewarp are sure up for another MP test, and me too of course.

Thats right, i am up for it, talked to Shadow a few minutes ago, he is up for it too ;) Tell me when and we are there :)

Thats right, i am up for it, talked to Shadow a few minutes ago, he is up for it too ;) Tell me when and we are there :)

How about upcoming weekend? I need the mentioned stuff in the change log to be tested out. Especially the explosions in Multiplayer that Bakerman has fixed so far. Also some minor other things, I'll set you up with a list of things to test if thats ok?

LJ

I could get a testing Teamspeak up, for the weekend MP test, if that would help. Otherwise, if you have one, better. x)

-My weekend starts Saturday morning (EST)- I'll be on steam.

Ok, for me its okay when we set a time like last time. US is forward 6 hours to Germany i think, so i agree to start test when Shadow is ready

Ok, for me its okay when we set a time like last time. US is forward 6 hours to Germany i think, so i agree to start test when Shadow is ready

Germans is ahead of US. So when he says Saturday around 10 am, it would be around 16/17 Uhr here depending on east or west coast. I'll get things together and see to it that I'll hand it over to you on Friday evening (german time). Everyone else wants to test the stuff, just drop a PM and you'll get it. Even if you just play Singleplayer or what ever, its just so you test things. If everything works, final release on Sunday!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

WHAT THE.... why??? Thats... shitty man...

LJ

People just lost interest into arma/had too much Real life stuff on their hands + the divide between Arma 2&3. So we all agreed to close the thing down end of the last year. It has been four really fun years of the finest realism coop gaming available in Germany :)

Leon, or LAxemann as he is know here has played with us quite a few times, here is one of his old hillarious recordings :)

Now I mostly play with "Kampfgruppe Berserker"

Weekend sounds great.

A script error that appeared during tonight's game session :

Playing with AGM, RHS and A3MP.

It appeared when earing shots from a suppressed bolt acton rifle (from RHS).

Don't know if the bug come from one of our mods.

Screenshot :

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/904a8a60-96e3-4255-8980-1277fd1795ce.jpg

Its the map you are playing on

LJ

Its the map you are playing on

LJ

Nah, it isn't, but I'll look into the error :)

On some MP servers I cannot hear shots from other players, only my own and AI. Has anyone else ran into this issue on MP and found the culprit? I realize it's not likely an issue isolated within JSRS alone, but I thought maybe someone has nailed down the incompatibility and could share some insight.

On some MP servers I cannot hear shots from other players, only my own and AI. Has anyone else ran into this issue on MP and found the culprit? I realize it's not likely an issue isolated within JSRS alone, but I thought maybe someone has nailed down the incompatibility and could share some insight.

If you will want to receive an answer, please post your modline (which mods are you running) and what were you playing (any server mods).

Hey while you guys are testing and fixing bugs, i found one for you to look into.

When shooting past an electrical pole, it sounds like your shooting from inside a building? For example i was right behind the pole and when shooting past it it sounded like i was inside a house OR a really loud echo for whatever reason.

Thanks