Haven't found a proper solution to play Dragonfyre sounds with playSound3D. Is there anything? Config browser is not a viable choice. A playback module would be nice, though.

Haven't found a proper solution to play Dragonfyre sounds with playSound3D. Is there anything? Config browser is not a viable choice. A playback module would be nice, though.

Seriously? The config browser can give you the path to the sound file you want, wich is all you need for playSound3D?

I did some tests with L_ES alongside JSRS DF and noticed that there are sound reflections for firing into the distance and at mountains/valleys, but not really with JSRS. Maybe L_ES' sound reflections are more audible/noticeable than JSRS DF? I might make a video to demonstrate the comparison.

I did some tests with L_ES alongside JSRS DF and noticed that there are sound reflections for firing into the distance and at mountains/valleys, but not really with JSRS. Maybe L_ES' sound reflections are more audible/noticeable than JSRS DF? I might make a video to demonstrate the comparison.

Yeah could be, LAxmann said in DF people wouldn`t notice. I dont have those reflections, just the building/forest scan and thats enough.

LJ

I was afraid of this. Hopefully it doesnt cause much change for the MODs already out. I know this was a big issue when they made changes earlier which causes weapons to go silent..

I was afraid of this. Hopefully it doesnt cause much change for the MODs already out. I know this was a big issue when they made changes earlier which causes weapons to go silent..

As far as I'm concerned I'm damn happy to see them finally improving various aspects of sound design, especially sound occlusion.

LJH, what's your reaction? Is this going to mess up or enhance your beautiful mod? (I'm assuming BIS has reached out to you about this in some way)

As far as I'm concerned I'm damn happy to see them finally improving various aspects of sound design, especially sound occlusion.

dOnt get me wrong, i'm also glad :)

News about new sounds and new sound system from bohemia.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-shots-fired

So I guess my jobs application went in the dumpster then. I mean, I did this stupid job anyways somehow... or at least gave some ideas/suggestions...

LJH, what's your reaction? Is this going to mess up or enhance your beautiful mod? (I'm assuming BIS has reached out to you about this in some way)

My reaction? Good they do something, I really like the way it is going. Wish them the best with that. But they did not really reached out to me, they said they would but maybe I wasn`t to enthusiastic or what ever. I understand it tho, I showed with DragonFyre or JSRS in general how to do make sound sounds like the people wanted it. So they maybe just have to copy it. I dont know. Also I cannot say how much that will affect JSRS but I can fix that, no worries...

I might move on to another game after the next update tho.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Well, judging by those samples, they are still a million miles off satisfying weapons sounds.

In my opinion, it's no secret that ArmA 3's default sounds and sound system are terrible. Despite the ArmA 3's website claiming that ArmA 3 has a great new sound system, it sure doesn't sound like it. I think BI's updates to sounds and improving how they're handled, as well as expanding their sound system to handle new features and events to make them sound more authentic is a good step forward. It's a long overdue step forward, but a good one nonetheless.

I wouldn't take this offensively from Bohemia. It will likely still sound worse than a Call of Duty game's audio even after all of their sound updates when compared to JSRS. In fact, look at it positively and accept that the new features they implement/improve upon with the sound engine in ArmA 3 can benefit you as a sound designer/modder for ArmA 3 and make JSRS even more advanced than it already is.

In my opinion, it's no secret that ArmA 3's default sounds and sound system are terrible. Despite the ArmA 3's website claiming that ArmA 3 has a great new sound system, it sure doesn't sound like it. I think BI's updates to sounds and improving how they're handled, as well as expanding their sound system to handle new features and events to make them sound more authentic is a good step forward. It's a long overdue step forward, but a good one nonetheless.

I wouldn't take this offensively from Bohemia. It will likely still sound worse than a Call of Duty game's audio even after all of their sound updates when compared to JSRS. In fact, look at it positively and accept that the new features they implement/improve upon with the sound engine in ArmA 3 can benefit you as a sound designer/modder for ArmA 3 and make JSRS even more advanced than it already is.

*my waily bla bla bla you should ignore*

They'll do a good progress tho and I'm interested to see what it will sound like in the end... end of story.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead
stay reasonable

Sure, good point, no question. But still, kinda sucks as I kinda made two mods that could have been easily implemented as ingame material but I guess I'm not good enough^^ Ok, now I just sound like a waily faggot^^ Do not really take that serious, I'm just frustrated a little after my application last year did not went anywhere but nowhere. Time to look somewhere else and leave it then. They'll do a good progress tho and I'm interested to see what it will sound like in the end... end of story.

LJ

Frustrating indeed, hopefully you can avoid getting discouraged, though. Your work sounds great and your mod is a fantastic "portfolio". As for me, one of the first things I say to new players is "you're going to get tired of the vanilla sounds.. when you do, heres the dragonfyre link", and it usually goes on the HD the same or next day. Unfortunately none of my friends are sound editors doing hiring, but you're getting some word-of-mouth advertising to be sure!

Sure, good point, no question. But still, kinda sucks as I kinda made two mods that could have been easily implemented as ingame material but I guess I'm not good enough^^ Ok, now I just sound like a waily faggot^^ Do not really take that serious, I'm just frustrated a little after my application last year did not went anywhere but nowhere. Time to look somewhere else and leave it then. They'll do a good progress tho and I'm interested to see what it will sound like in the end... end of story.

LJ

You can still be proud for the huge, gratefull community which eagerly awaits each iteration of your mod, and, even if BI surely won't admit it, they also need talented modders to show the way.

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Megiddo

LJ

You shouldn't beat yourself up mate. You have a large fan base. That alone is something to be proud of. You're mod is well respected. Chin up buddy. We love you.. ;)

I'm more looking forward to the RC5 update for Dragonfyre, you never cease to get me hyped.

This mod and Blastcore is what made me go back to Arma so please don't leave us.

Don't stop working on this mod, it is something amazing and I am sad to hear that BIS is ignoring you even though you did so much for their game.

They will never work as hard for their sounds as you did for yours, we appreciate that, and I can't imagine enjoying Arma without this mod after experiencing it.

LJ

DragonFyre is the most impressive sound mod I've heard for any game. In my opinion, you could probably get hired doing sounds for various video-game companies if you showed them a comparison video of original and your mod. I can understand how you feel. I dislike a lot of design choices BIS has decided. In my opinion, I wish Arma 3's base game was more like Arma 2's Ace. But then again mods always seem better than the base game. Perhaps if you got hired and made content, someone else would come along and create a mod of your work and make your stuff look rookie, lol.

I agree with everyone else, even if they do update some of the sounds, it doesn't take away from JSRS or anything. I'm reasonably sure that even if they improve the rifle sounds, there will still be tons and tons of audio vastly improved by JSRS, bullet cracks, explosions, vehicles, etc.

Ok, now I just sound like a waily faggot

Uhhh, what?

@LJ : We don't know that much about the scope of incoming changes regardings sounds - I mean, JSRS does improve pretty much every dimension of the sound environment, such thing ain't gonna happen right away with Arma3.

Since those changes are related to the Marskman DLC they will most likely concern weapons sounds; I would be surprised if explosions, vehicles, dynamic reverb & such were to be modified/added.

Let's wait & see before worrying for JSRS. ;)

You can still be proud for the huge, gratefull community which eagerly awaits each iteration of your mod, and, even if BI surely won't admit it, they also need talented modders to show the way.

Keep up the good work :)

I know...

LJ

You shouldn't beat yourself up mate. You have a large fan base. That alone is something to be proud of. You're mod is well respected. Chin up buddy. We love you.. ;)

... thanks alot.

I'm more looking forward to the RC5 update for Dragonfyre, you never cease to get me hyped.

This mod and Blastcore is what made me go back to Arma so please don't leave us.

Don't stop working on this mod, it is something amazing and I am sad to hear that BIS is ignoring you even though you did so much for their game.

They will never work as hard for their sounds as you did for yours, we appreciate that, and I can't imagine enjoying Arma without this mod after experiencing it.

It is maybe also kinda my own fault at last. And I wasn't expecting too much. They weren't ignoring me completely, but lately they seemed to be pretty busy...

Uhhh, what?

Forget it. I'm weird sometimes... sry.

@LJ : We don't know that much about the scope of incoming changes regardings sounds - I mean, JSRS does improve pretty much every dimension of the sound environment, such thing ain't gonna happen right away with Arma3.

Since those changes are related to the Marskman DLC they will most likely concern weapons sounds; I would be surprised if explosions, vehicles, dynamic reverb & such were to be modified/added.

Let's wait & see before worrying for JSRS. ;)

I dont worry about JSRS. With the next update the mod is done and final anyways, so I hope at least. And even if they go for explosions, vehicles and such, and if I could bring up the time, it wont be much of a problem to also fix that in case it changes things on the mod.

I'm really sry about what I said earlier. I wasn't really aiming to accuse BI in public or anything like that. Its just my own terrible situation that makes me feel like shit lately. I'm sry.

So is this supposed to replace JSRS 2.2 right??

Dont mix both Mods, use one or the other.

//-----------------------//

So, something else, just in case someone is interested, I need some people to MP-test the next update. As the changelog grow real fast I need to be sure that all the mentioned fixes, tweaks, changes and additions work out the way they should. I'm not part of the test, I never am really. I'll sent out the data and some people who provide server and such can test it. Its nothing major, same mod as before, but sounds a little different now. Maybe a public test even, but the "update" or RC5 would be another 4.3 GB so I dont think it would be wise to upload that as a test version and when no errors show up, testers will have to redownload the whole stuff again^^

So yeah, just post here. Tonci, maybe you and your crew would be up for that?

Thanks,

LJ

PS: And sry again. Forget about the shit earlier.

Me and my community can do it i guess, we are using jsrs as main sound mod.

Actually, I haven't witnessed a game with better SFX than Arma 3 + Dragonfyre. LJ's work is top notch, which is a huge milestone considering this is modding we're talking about, not at pro level when $ gets involved.