@All that replied after me: I guess it never got brought to my attention it does make a difference if people are not running the same mods. As far as I know no one ever had this issue before, and trust me they always tell me if there is an issue. As LordJarhead said the issue we had shouldn't be happening because it's all clientside. Which is why I find it odd some guys not running JSRS did not hear the in-game gunfire of those running JSRS, because as far as I know everybody always heard them - regardless of running the mod or not. So far I always had the impression Arma just plays the vanilla gunfire sound when someone fires his weapon, regardless of the fact they run JSRS or not, at least that's how it always has been as far as I know.

Basically I am trying to determine why the guys without the mod all of a sudden do not hear the gunfire anymore. I'm the type of guy who wants to know why stuff happens :) Actually ever since everyone who was using DragonFyre switched back to JSRS 2.2 there are no issues for these people anymore. I don't know about the guys that don't run JSRS yet, but I guess we'll soon find out.

I still think that the issue may be caused by the update to 1.38. It is when we started to notice this behaviour.

Yea, it could be some update funkiness.

Last time I played MP (might have even been pre-1.36) I was using JSRS2.2 and as long as I had the weapon they were using, I'd hear it. I hopped on a MP server today for the first time on 1.38 and using DragonFyre and couldn't hear any shots from other players. I do remember hearing bullet impacts and reloading though.

how in hell i can get rid of those snaps.. snap snap snap my fights are just loud snaps and more snaps . Was fun first now it annoys the shit out of me! would be nice if you hear enemy gunfire. And btw how far it takes that snap sound because it feels i can hear bullet snap from 50m away.

how in hell i can get rid of those snaps.. snap snap snap my fights are just loud snaps and more snaps . Was fun first now it annoys the shit out of me! would be nice if you hear enemy gunfire. And btw how far it takes that snap sound because it feels i can hear bullet snap from 50m away.

Disable Dfyre_Soniccracks.pbo and you'll be snapless fine ;)

LJ

Is this with or without the snap crack pop tweak?

There is a strange issue with echoes when firing weapons full auto for a long period of time in a location with walls and buildings. After the long burst has ended and a second passes, the weapon firing sound is played once again unattenuated.

I will try and see if I can make a video of it.

pop tweak? i have the volume tweak but no help for the million snaps.. i fear i will wake at night and still hear snaps this is too snappy for me..

pop tweak? i have the volume tweak but no help for the million snaps.. i fear i will wake at night and still hear snaps this is too snappy for me..

It'll get better

LJ

I still have the first RC version. Havn't cheeks back if there was a new one yet, also on mobile. But to be honest, I'm completely fine with the sonic snaps. There's no issue on my end, in terms of the first RC.

Loving it, this is probably the best mod released in 2014.

One small bugger though - it's a tiny one but it is the only issue I'm experiencing with DragonFyre at the moment : I noticed that you can hear that sort of "whoof" noise when firing an underbarrel grenade launcher from quite far, maybe too far.

I've never been on a battlefield (thanks god) so I don't know how it sounds IRL; what do you guys think?

Question. How compatible is this with the CUP project? What I mean is will the weapons have better sounds or not?

Other than that all I can say is that the awesomeness of this mod is too damn high.

LordJarhead, do you think you could lower the volume of the assault boat engines ? It's extremely irritating!

Is there a way to just disable the tank machinegun sound? (well the sound it's gunners machinegun makes for all vehicles in general)

EDIT: It's ok i figured it out.

Edited by Marcuskac

LJ I love this pack, but I've noticed a little bit of framerate drop, will there possibly be some work later down the line on optimization or is that not possible because of the superb sounds ?

Cheers

There is a strange issue with echoes when firing weapons full auto for a long period of time in a location with walls and buildings. After the long burst has ended and a second passes, the weapon firing sound is played once again unattenuated.

I will try and see if I can make a video of it.

The annoying echoing turned out to be due to me having only 32 audio smaples or "sound sources" set in the audio settings. It was very annoying. Stupid me...

Edited by Bumgie

Loving it, this is probably the best mod released in 2014.

One small bugger though - it's a tiny one but it is the only issue I'm experiencing with DragonFyre at the moment : I noticed that you can hear that sort of "whoof" noise when firing an underbarrel grenade launcher from quite far, maybe too far.

I've never been on a battlefield (thanks god) so I don't know how it sounds IRL; what do you guys think?

It has been released 2015. And yeah, I tweak the distance.

Question. How compatible is this with the CUP project? What I mean is will the weapons have better sounds or not?

Probably not, I`m not supporting any other mods by now, just maintain JSRS3 to work perfect on Vanilla ArmA3 with CBA.

LordJarhead, do you think you could lower the volume of the assault boat engines ? It's extremely irritating!

I look into it...

LJ I love this pack, but I've noticed a little bit of framerate drop, will there possibly be some work later down the line on optimization or is that not possible because of the superb sounds ?

Cheers

Didn`t noticed anything on my end. Tho things got further optimized for next release.

For everything else, those are the changes we did so far:

Changelog JSRS3: DragonFyre RC4 - RC5

FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

FIX: Envi SFX random selection

FIX: FuseDistance on GP round from attack boats

ADD: ReadMe File

ADD: Added new explosions in CFG

ADD: Added environmental SFX

ADD: Added wind noises to trees

ADD: Added small incoming sounds to bullethits

ADD: Added "Boiiing" effects to bullethits

ADD: Bullets hitting foliage and leaves are mostly whizz or hizz sounds

ADD: New close snaps added

ADD: Added subsonic snaps and cracks for 9mm

ADD: New weaponsounds

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by big calibers

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by rockets

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by missiles

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by shells

ADD: New sounds for M134

TWEAK: Overall explosions volumes reduced

TWEAK: Overall weapon volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall vehicle volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall CFG tweaks

TWEAK: Overall Script cleaning and tweaks

TWEAK: Overall soniccracks volume tweaks

TWEAK: Reduced closure effect volumes

TWEAK: Reduced movement volume

TWEAK: Increased wind loudness on heavy overcast

TWEAK: Tweaked all config values for better ingame volume management

TWEAK: Tweaked environmental volumes

TWEAK: Tweaked M200 CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: Tweaked Zafir CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: AH9 Blackfoot gatling gun volume

TWEAK: Closure sounds have been reworked

TWEAK: UGL sound distance

CHANGE: Bullethits got further updates

CHANGE: Wind noises in Helicopters reduced

CHANGE: Close snaps are sound more frightening

CHANGE: New Whizz/Hizz sounds

CHANGE: Tweaked most weapons with new sounds

CHANGE: Sounds for Ijured/Moaning are back working

CHANGE: Helicopter stress sounds reduced

LJ

It has been released 2015. And yeah, I tweak the distance.

Probably not, I`m not supporting any other mods by now, just maintain JSRS3 to work perfect on Vanilla ArmA3 with CBA.

I look into it...

Didn`t noticed anything on my end. Tho things got further optimized for next release.

For everything else, those are the changes we did so far:

Changelog JSRS3: DragonFyre RC4 - RC5

FIX: Explosions are hearable in MP now

FIX: Explosions dont have explosion sound anymore when being disarmed

FIX: Unexploded GP rounds caused explosion sound when disappear

FIX: Envi sounds reworked and cleaned up

FIX: Envi SFX random selection

FIX: FuseDistance on GP round from attack boats

ADD: ReadMe File

ADD: Added new explosions in CFG

ADD: Added environmental SFX

ADD: Added wind noises to trees

ADD: Added small incoming sounds to bullethits

ADD: Added "Boiiing" effects to bullethits

ADD: Bullets hitting foliage and leaves are mostly whizz or hizz sounds

ADD: New close snaps added

ADD: Added subsonic snaps and cracks for 9mm

ADD: New weaponsounds

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by big calibers

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by rockets

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by missiles

ADD: Added sounds when inside a tank/vehicle and being hit by shells

ADD: New sounds for M134

TWEAK: Overall explosions volumes reduced

TWEAK: Overall weapon volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall vehicle volume tweaks

TWEAK: Overall CFG tweaks

TWEAK: Overall Script cleaning and tweaks

TWEAK: Overall soniccracks volume tweaks

TWEAK: Reduced closure effect volumes

TWEAK: Reduced movement volume

TWEAK: Increased wind loudness on heavy overcast

TWEAK: Tweaked all config values for better ingame volume management

TWEAK: Tweaked environmental volumes

TWEAK: Tweaked M200 CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: Tweaked Zafir CFG for less audible closure effects

TWEAK: AH9 Blackfoot gatling gun volume

TWEAK: Closure sounds have been reworked

TWEAK: UGL sound distance

CHANGE: Bullethits got further updates

CHANGE: Wind noises in Helicopters reduced

CHANGE: Close snaps are sound more frightening

CHANGE: New Whizz/Hizz sounds

CHANGE: Tweaked most weapons with new sounds

CHANGE: Sounds for Ijured/Moaning are back working

CHANGE: Helicopter stress sounds reduced

LJ

Looks promising. I'm really excited to play with the new version :D

I liked the loud movement sounds D:

But... LordJarhead knows best. I'll just hide in a cubby hole under the stairs and be quiet... :whistle:

Because its a mod map, not sure whats the reason for that but those buildings seems to be different from the A3 ones, in the eye of the engine/script I mean...

LJ

Any Chance to get JSRS Running at Bornholm ? It would be a shame to deactivate it.

Hi LJ:)

1. I asked you about the sounds of destruction of buildings but you did not answer.

You have not found the time to do this? Plan to do this?

The game is very weak effects of destruction. If you make a good sound destruction of buildings, then it compensates for weak visualization.

2. The game lacks sound of the blast wheel.

The wheel of any vehicle often is destroyed, but there is no sound!

I think if the wheel will explode there must be powerful sound. If you do this, it will be a great addition to your work.

What do you think about this?

Hi LJ:)

1. I asked you about the sounds of destruction of buildings but you did not answer.

You have not found the time to do this? Plan to do this?

The game is very weak effects of destruction. If you make a good sound destruction of buildings, then it compensates for weak visualization.

2. The game lacks sound of the blast wheel.

The wheel of any vehicle often is destroyed, but there is no sound!

I think if the wheel will explode there must be powerful sound. If you do this, it will be a great addition to your work.

What do you think about this?

1. No time and no intention lately

2. Not sure if there`s even an CFG entry for that

LJ

Is it normal that grenades which explode like 5 feet away sound like they explode on the other side of the map? Or is that just me

@NyteMyre

If you have that issue in SP then it's an unknown bug. If however that occurs in MP then the fix is complete and will be available in the next version.

1. No time and no intention lately

2. Not sure if there`s even an CFG entry for that

LJ

1. I am sorry that you are not enthusiastic about work with sound of destruction of buildings.

This can be a great addition to your mod!

In the vanilla game these sounds "disgusting";)

We hear only as a crumbling street toilet, but not heavy stone building

2. You can find just suitable sample, similar to the blast wheel.

Imagine the situation. The player fires in the wheels of "Ifrit" and... wheel explodes!

It would be cool! But this item of course is secondary.

Edited by mickeymen

2. You can find just suitable sample, similar to the blast wheel.

Imagine the situation. The player fires in the wheels of "Ifrit" and... wheel explodes!

It would be cool! But this item of course is secondary.

As LJ said, this feature isn't even supported in the vanilla game, meaning that it would require some heavy, clunky scripting. Not the way Dragonfyre would go I think.