Adding to the changelog ;)

LJ

Very cool man that you're able to push out tweaks in such a short time to accomodate those who don't like specific portions of the mod (like the bullet cracks), especially with the bombardment you receive from the community. Much respect, keep up the good work, looking forward to RC5.

By the way, it doesn't say so specifically, but are the explosions (specifically frag grenade) tweaks/changes going to fix how frag grenades sometimes sound muffled? Is it a known issue, or should I record a video example?

Solid work LJ, changelog seems very promising!

saw you worked on volume tweaks/air vehicles, including jets, just wanted to precise my last post about them : you caught well the reactor sounds, the fly-by feeling and the hearing distance, what about the volume regarding player position compared to the jet? growing as it approaches, a scream as it passes above your head, decreasing as it gains distance...seemed quite linear, let's say, in a 800-1000m radius from the player. Sure you got the idea.

Thanks again making arma 3 better :)

I think it is not possible to do that, as the game just calculates distance and volume. It doesn`t matter much what direction he goes and such. So I made the sounds a bit lower for those who fly in third person, so that those dont get deaf after a while, heh. Tho I consider your post and see if I can change certain values.

Very cool man that you're able to push out tweaks in such a short time to accomodate those who don't like specific portions of the mod (like the bullet cracks), especially with the bombardment you receive from the community. Much respect, keep up the good work, looking forward to RC5.

Sure, all the bad posts do not distract from all the motivations and kind words I recieve! :)

LJ

Jarhead, the only other thing that's bugged me is that sometimes the audio doesn't fade, it just abruptly cuts out unnaturally.

I'm not sure if that's something to do with the reverb script or not, because it doesn't happen ALL the time. But it does happen. You da real MVP

I think it is not possible to do that, as the game just calculates distance and volume. It doesn`t matter much what direction he goes and such. So I made the sounds a bit lower for those who fly in third person, so that those dont get deaf after a while, heh. Tho I consider your post and see if I can change certain values.

LJ

Interesting.

In that case, was just wondering if it would be possible to make another set of sounds, specific to each air vehicle, which would be triggered over/in cunjunction with the first one as the air vehicle is near the player (from a 0 to 200m distance for example), and simulating a loud "fly-by" effect?

just an humble idea thrown in the pot, as i totally ignore how the whole thing works...

Anyways, thanks for your time and efforts.

Amazing changelog. Thanks again LJ and anyone who helped to create this mod.

This is an amazing mod.

MEYSTERWERK

Hehe, lustyg :D

OK since to current updates I think next weekend will be better for the update. As we have Bakerman now tweaking the scripts for even further performance and LAxmann will apply the new script for inside vehicle hits and I'll stay on the lookout for new problems to fix, cfg tweaking and volume balancing.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

noob question do I need to disable the previous jsrs2.2 before running this one?

noob question do I need to disable the previous jsrs2.2 before running this one?

From what I gather from first post, it should run on it's own...

Also: DO NOT mix this soundmod with other soundmods! This mod is made to run by its own with CBA.

Thanks so much for your hard work LordJarhead, your sound mod is the one thing I can not play without.

@LordJarhead

Is there a way to disable the "Gun reverb and echo based on terrain" , aka L_ES incorporated in DragonFyre? i would like to reduce the FPS hit that this added effect has.

Or if at least can be Optional?

And to be clear, i dont have L_ES installed, DragonFyre has his own version, so thats why im asking to be Optional to increase a little the performance on low-mid end PCs. :o

Thanks and im loving this new JSRS.

@LordJarhead

Is there a way to disable the "Gun reverb and echo based on terrain" , aka L_ES incorporated in DragonFyre? i would like to reduce the FPS hit that this added effect has.

Or if at least can be Optional?

And to be clear, i dont have L_ES installed, DragonFyre has his own version, so thats why im asking to be Optional to increase a little the performance on low-mid end PCs. :o

Thanks and im loving this new JSRS.

I ran benchmarks awhile back testing L_ES with JSRS2.2 and in my particular case L_ES lowered my average frame rate less than 2%. I suppose if you are already struggling to get by with your current frame rates then every little "bit" helps (or hurts :p) , but the conclusion I came to is that the L_ES effects add a lot to the experience with very little performance impact.

Im having glitch that seems random sometimes it does , sometimes it dont,

possibly conflict with mods when i fire AKM from leights opfor pack pack, or an M4A1 or 50 cal from RHS mod.

it makes the shot sound but the echo reverb plays about 3-5 seconds after the shot almost like half the weapon sound goes first then last half is delayed, i havnt experience this with vanilla weapons and most weapons i used that are mods dont have this problem so very happy about that ;)

Im loving the sounds the mod is awesome and very appreciative for the work it took to make this masterpiece !!!

Most thanks for the reply!

Also would you suggest switching off L_ES?

Most thanks for the reply!

Also would you suggest switching off L_ES?

The way I understand it is that some features of L_ES are built in, others are not. In the presence of DragonFyre the latest L_ES automatically disables that which is already implemented to reduce redundancy. Using the most up to date versions of each works as it should.

Yes, L_ES is integrated in DFyre and will deactivate L_ES features when using it separately...

LJ

@lordjarhead thanks for the update

overall this is an amazing sound mod one of my favourites for ARMA3! (crack of incoming fire is epic) and everything else is very well done - only comment would be when your firing your gun maybe the sounds could be beefed up (depending what gun you firing on some occasions it felt like your just hearing the guns mechanism cycling no bang from the bullets.........this is one thing I thought speed of sound pure got right particularly when firing some of the stock rifles like the MX)

Sonic Cracks are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud. Request 50% volume reduction. And yes that is with the "Reduced Volume Version."

Edited by mythlawlbear

Sonic Cracks are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud. Request 50% volume reduction. And yes that is with the "Reduced Volume Version."

If it is still too loud, you can always remove the sonic crack file - I'm playing with the reduced vol. version too, and I think they're just fine.

By the way, huge thanks to LJ for this release!

I finally found the time to try it, and it is absolutely epic! 'Specially luv that the mod is modular still. It is pretty much perfect except for a couple of issues...

by the way LJ, I think there's a problem with a looping sound for night environment as you can hear some kind of very bright "click" on a regular basis. Remove "dfyre_e_environment" and issue's gone

(but I couldn't find the sound responsible for it; I'd say it is either in SFX-houses or SFX-meadowsnight).

I just edited one of the files for my personnal use and enabled back breathing sounds when injured : it was weird to hear your character becoming silent all of a sudden because you took a hit ^^.

Nice work and thanks again guys (let's not forget LAxemann)! ;)

If it is still too loud, you can always remove the sonic crack file - I'm playing with the reduced vol. version too, and I think they're just fine.

By the way, huge thanks to LJ for this release!

I finally found the time to try it, and it is absolutely epic! 'Specially luv that the mod is modular still. It is pretty much perfect except for a couple of issues...

by the way LJ, I think there's a problem with a looping sound for night environment as you can hear some kind of very bright "click" on a regular basis. Remove "dfyre_e_environment" and issue's gone

(but I couldn't find the sound responsible for it; I'd say it is either in SFX-houses or SFX-meadowsnight).

I just edited one of the files for my personnal use and enabled back breathing sounds when injured : it was weird to hear your character becoming silent all of a sudden because you took a hit ^^.

Nice work and thanks again guys (let's not forget LAxemann)! ;)

When do you hear that click noise? On meadows or forests or houses? Tho I think I will find it, looking trough the files. Could be the SFX files that go messed up in the CFG for some weird reason as I do not really understand the values behind them. Maybe someone else knows?

randSamp0[] = {"DFyre_P_Environmensounds\Environment\SFX-forest\sfx (1)", 1,1,100,0.1,10,25,40}; -> those last numbers are making no sense to me. I think its 1-Volume, 1-Pitch, 100-Distance, I dont get this 0.1, and the set 10,25,40 after that. Is that some kinda time value how often the sound will be played? Like min 10 secs, average 25 seconds, max 40 seconds? Or the distance to the players location in which this sound should be played? Like 10, 25 or max 40 meters around him? I dont get it...

LJ

Hi LJ,

Could this be: SOUNDFILE, VOLUME, PITCH, DISTANCE, PROBABILITY, Min DELAY, Mid DELAY, Max DELAY?

found some info about cfgenvsounds (and other ones ;)) of arma 2 on this site : http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:sound

hope this could help with your settings...

best regards,

Edited by Megiddo

Hi LJ,

Could this be: SOUNDFILE, VOLUME, PITCH, DISTANCE, PROBABILITY, Min DELAY, Mid DELAY, Max DELAY?

found some info about cfgenvsounds (and other ones ;)) of arma 2 on this site : http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:sound

hope this could help with your settings...

best regards,

Thanks, thats actually a really nice info. Could be the answer. The problem I have it that all sounds play for a half second each and stop abruptly which is weird. The entry I posted above is the one I use, I hear the samples for like 0.5 Seconds and they just stop... thats the weird part...

LJ