Hehe, no not tough at all when you are so stupidly audiophile as I am hehe. But I get the money from you so I spent it on stuff to get things back to you. That's what people donate for I think. To help me improve the quality.

First: Are you sober? It's DragonFyre, not fire dragon, my friend :p

Second, as LAxmann stated we have found an solution for the bullet hits inside vehicles, so that is covered. Also I said I'm not sure if I find the time to cover the building sounds. I will try, stay cool. :)

Third, it's a sound mod, I don't want visual effects in here. Also I think we can try to achieve the ear ringing but not sure. If it makes JSRS to be a required mod I won't. And the last I won't cover. If you are dead it doesn't matter if you can see and hear stuff, you are friggin dead lol :D I mean come on, in Arma 1 you became a goose or seagull or what ever it was and could fly over the battlefield like that hehe

LJ

No, I'm not sober, because I already drink for your success!!! :cool:

I Just don't know such words "Fyre", don't be angry with me... what this?

1 point) Thank you for your diligence to find sound for the destruction of the buildings. It will be cool!

2 point) If you really found a solution for the bullet hits inside vehicles, I am very pleased! This a better news.

3 point) I think if modmaker want create a good sound work for the war game, then this detail is necessary.

4 point) Really is not necessary (for your mod)

I spend the tests.

You unnecessarily have removed the groans of the player (when injured)

When a player is injured, but did self-treatment, he then has a residual effect. (has increased the sway of weapons)

If the player sometime does not hear the groans (after wounds and self treatment) then this player is able to forget about what he was wounded! This is not correct, because player should know that he was wounded and correctly calculate their capabilities (aiming)

This worked for player simular indicator. It always reminds the player about his physical condition.

Just think about it.

Edited by mickeymen

1. The effects of the bullet (clicks too loud, compared to voices or music) and Sometimes you have to take the headphones off

2. Disappeared shortness of breath player (when tired)

3. Disappeared groans of the player (when injured)

LJH, don't listen to this guy. The quoted stuff does not need changing, the cracks of the bullets whizzing by are perfect, I actually FEEL the need to take cover. The other 2 groans/moans, I could def do without...it's just annoying to hear your guy moaning all the damn time.

LJH, don't listen to this guy.

But someone all should be listening? probably only you?

Yes! This should be loud! I do not argue, it's cool! But the other sounds are slightly lower. Big coutrast!!! This is problem!

Simply align all sounds normal. And Then you can set the volume to maximum!

All sounds (effects, music, voices of soldiers, radio, shots etc) should sound the same without contrast. It is easy to check. Turn on the audio effects settings (you will hear the loudness of vanilla shots). Compare them with new sounds. There is a large contrast!

It will sound much quieter than what we hear in mod.

I use headphones. My volume is not more than 30-40%, and I sometimes have to take the headphones off!

SpanishSurfer! probably your audio system is weak...

Edited by mickeymen

..it's just annoying to hear your guy moaning all the damn time.

Maybe your opinion, but for immersion feeling, if you were running around for hours and had injuries, wouldn't you be crying/moaning as well? I'm not saying i'm going to stay here beating it into LJ until this returns, but i do agree it would be nice. But he already mentioned he will probably add it back as optional so that works for me :)

@mickeymen your problem would be pretty much resolved if BI adds advanced audio settings for effects -

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22229

already upwoted...

This is not only my problem, i am assured. Because the perception of people is different/

Also the problem is that DragonFyre, cannot normally be used with other weapon mods. I use mod HLC Weapons and RH Pistols mod, but the sound of the shot HCL-weapons and RH-pistols is quieter, than the sound of a shot from DragonFyre.

Again contrast...

When I play with headphones, my wife makes me do it more quietly! :)

Because even she hears the clicks outside of headphones! Note, I only use 30-40% of the total volume!

Either way, I think these sounds (cracks) requires alignment with the rest of the sounds.

Edited by mickeymen

already upwoted...

This is not only my problem, i am assured. Because the perception of people is different/

Also the problem is that DragonFyre, cannot normally be used with other weapon mods. I use mod HLC Weapons and RH Pistols mod, but the sound of the shot HCL-weapons and RH-pistols is quieter, than the sound of a shot from DragonFyre.

Again contrast...

When I play with headphones, my wife makes me do it more quietly! :)

Because even she hears the clicks outside of headphones! Note, I only use 30-40% of the total volume!

Either way, I think these sounds (cracks) requires alignment with the rest of the sounds.

First of all I said often enough I don't care what other mods are involved. I can't cover all that stuff. And I won't.

And then, the cracks already got their own update and most people seems to be fine with them. Also next update will change them again a little. I cover Arma Vanilla, no other mods, mate.

I won't tweak anything I don't feel it is needed to.

Next update will bring updated weapon sounds, environmental tweaks, new cracks and reworked bullethits :)

LJ

Greetings LJ,

Just signed up as I emailed regarding this issue a few days ago, but I am not certain if you received the message.

I firstly would like to give thanks for the outstanding mod. Your hard work and dedication is highly commendable, I am truly sorry for your present circumstances...I hope to donate to you in due course.

I spend a lot of time flying the helicopters in ARMA 3, and seem to be having an issue with the interior cockpit sound in some of the helicopters - specifically the sound of the air rushing/whistling coupled with a sort of abrupt mechanical knocking noise when I gain speed that seems too loud, almost on par with the engines for me...is there any way that it can be toned down or made to be more subtle in future releases? It almost sounds as if a window has been left slightly open? I am using a pair of USB stereo headphones.

To note further, the Pawnee/Hummingbird sounds are an excellent fit as it is a very open cockpit, but what about on the other helicopters such as the Blackfoot and Kajman with closed cockpits - surely this whistling/knocking sound should not be as loud or pronounced as it is? Bear in mind that the pilots would be wearing HGU 56 helmets to protect their hearing from unwanted noise in any case.

Lastly, I have also noticed that certain Mi-290 Taru sub variants are not using the Dragonfye wind and mechanical sounds mentioned above but rather those of the default BIS helicopter DLC

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated, thanks again and keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Gryphon1

Edited by Gryphon-01

Thank you very much for the great effort and work you do with the sounds of ARMA3. Personally I consider this and blastcore major mod to install any version of ARMA, and based on these other compatible mod.

The mods that really change the game experience are the sounds and graphical effects, so the importance of this mod and blastcore phoenix. :fones::hm:

Next update will bring updated weapon sounds, environmental tweaks, new cracks and reworked bullethits :)

LJ

Ok and thanks. Please do not forget about the sound hit effects, when the player is inside a vehicles.

Just throwing in my two cents LJ.

Congrats on the release, it's a fantastic piece of work and I can only imagine how much work went into creating this.

You're a credit to the community and if I were the King of some country, I would give you a pony or the cash equivalent of a pony as thanks

slynchy

Question from a non-modder: Are ambient sounds tied to maps or are they independent? Got the idea to mute all ambient birds when shots are fired and recover their singing slowly when silence has returned.

Just a gimmick though, as bird flocks are sadly not in game. *peers at VBS*

Greetings LJ,

Just signed up as I emailed regarding this issue a few days ago, but I am not certain if you received the message.

I firstly would like to give thanks for the outstanding mod. Your hard work and dedication is highly commendable, I am truly sorry for present your circumstances...I hope to donate to you in due course.

I spend a lot of time flying the helicopters in ARMA 3, and seem to be having an issue with the interior cockpit sound in some of the helicopters - specifically the sound of the air rushing/whistling coupled with a sort of abrupt mechanical knocking noise when I gain speed that seems too loud, almost on par with the engines for me...is there any way that it can be toned down or made to be more subtle in future releases? It almost sounds as if a window has been left slightly open? I am using a pair of USB stereo headphones.

To note further, the Pawnee/Hummingbird sounds are an excellent fit as it is a very open cockpit, but what about on the other helicopters such as the Blackfoot and Kajman with closed cockpits - surely this whistling/knocking sound should not be as loud or pronounced as it is? Bear in mind that the pilots would be wearing HGU 56 helmets to protect their hearing from unwanted noise in any case.

Lastly, I have also noticed that certain Mi-290 Taru sub variants are not using the Dragonfye wind and mechanical sounds mentioned above but rather those of the default BIS helicopter DLC

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated, thanks again and keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Gryphon1

Hey,

Didn't I answered your email? I thought I did as I remember you. But ok: you are certainly right with what you stated above and I realize that more and more. When playing campaign or scenarios I myself start getting annoyed by that. So I will tweak the helicopters. To be fair I made those placeholder'ish and gave them all the same so that all are at least covered fine. Thanks for the taru info, will check that out...

Thank you very much for the great effort and work you do with the sounds of ARMA3. Personally I consider this and blastcore major mod to install any version of ARMA, and based on these other compatible mod.

The mods that really change the game experience are the sounds and graphical effects, so the importance of this mod and blastcore phoenix. :fones::hm:

Well, thanks mate. :)

Ok and thanks. Please do not forget about the sound hit effects, when the player is inside a vehicles.

Surely won't forget...

Just throwing in my two cents LJ.

Congrats on the release, it's a fantastic piece of work and I can only imagine how much work went into creating this.

You're a credit to the community and if I were the King of some country, I would give you a pony or the cash equivalent of a pony as thanks

slynchy

Just... lol... Thanks matey :)

LJ

Many thanks for the latest iteration LJ, phenomenal amount of effort!

Hope you got my humble paypal contribution, have a beer or two :)

Hi LJ,

First of all, thank you for your great work and dedication to the arma community, much appreciated.

Beyond what has been said about distant sounds/explosions/sonic cracks, my two pièces for your next update :

- bullet hits : saw you were working on it, they are really good, what about some "boiiiing" or "wiiiizzzz" after hitting metallic/stone surfaces for example? sure you already thought about that.

- Quad : the Rolling sounds are ok but it seems (imo) that the engine sound is almost inaudible...maybe just a volume adjustment.

-jets sounds : Pump up the volume^^ the distance at which they are audible is good for gameplay, just need some more punch.

Oh, i saw BI was looking for an audio programmer these days....:rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

Hi LJ,

First of all, thank you for your great work and dedication to the arma community, much appreciated.

Beyond what has been said about distant sounds/explosions/sonic cracks, my two pièces for your next update :

- bullet hits : saw you were working on it, they are really good, what about some "boiiiing" or "wiiiizzzz" after hitting metallic/stone surfaces for example? sure you already thought about that.

- Quad : the Rolling sounds are ok but it seems (imo) that the engine sound is almost inaudible...maybe just a volume adjustment.

-jets sounds : Pump up the volume^^ the distance at which they are audible is good for gameplay, just need some more punch.

Oh, i saw BI was looking for an audio programmer these days....:rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, yeah I was taking that in account when making the bullethits today.

Tho I`m not an audio programmer, I`m a designer. ;)

Many thanks for the latest iteration LJ, phenomenal amount of effort!

Hope you got my humble paypal contribution, have a beer or two :)

Sure did! THANKS ALOT mate! ;)

LJ

Tho I`m not an audio programmer, I`m a designer. ;)

Aware of that, was just hoping a reinforced BI staff could bring eventhandlers/Advanced audio settings at your disposal faster ;)

best regards,

Jarhead, check this out

point being that I miss the sounds from 1.5 in Arma 2! Passing bullets do not always crack, mostly they hiss, pop, whistle, and snap. 1.5 was the closest to reality imo!

Is it possible to provide a function for mission makers that calls certain weapon sounds from your JSRS library, just as if you'd fire the weapon itself?

Like if a mission designer wants to simulate an ongoing firefight outside an FOB for example, without having actual AI units wasting performance?

The JSRS sounds would be awesome for that purpose!

Really hope there's any way to do that!

Cheers

You are the only one who said that Hand grenades are too loud.

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread and I'm experiencing it as well. For me hand grenades sounds like a very big explosion not a rather measly one that I associate a grenade with but this is RC so I'm sure things will be tweaked.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Is it possible to provide a function for mission makers that calls certain weapon sounds from your JSRS library, just as if you'd fire the weapon itself?

Like if a mission designer wants to simulate an ongoing firefight outside an FOB for example, without having actual AI units wasting performance?

The JSRS sounds would be awesome for that purpose!

Really hope there's any way to do that!

Cheers

I'm afraid not, since the mod checks for unit-specific stuff.

Sorry!

Injures effects are missing - not just sound (already discussed) but PP effects too. Is it supposed to be like that?

oO Para Oo, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released a very nice (if I may say so) comparison video in which you can clearly hear the difference between this sweet soundmod and the vanilla sounds :)

Please leave your feedback in the video comments, like and/or subscribe!

In case you make videos and are also interested to work with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message!

oO Para Oo, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released a very nice (if I may say so) comparison video in which you can clearly hear the difference between this sweet soundmod and the vanilla sounds :)

Please leave your feedback in the video comments, like and/or subscribe!

In case you make videos and are also interested to work with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message!

Would`ve been nice he would go for vanilla tanks in the video as some sounds are missing there. As well as at the beginning he`s walking on the road that has no moving sounds, neither dragonfyre nor vanilla.

LJ