Sry but sometimes I feel like saying "Just get the F outa here..." seriously. For 99% its working just fine, and you point your issue on being a JSRS's fault. Sry mate, thats kinda not fair. But further more...

As we said, I dont cover other mods. The more stuff you apply the more fucked up the game works. And as you said, scripted heavy missions and stuff, sry but JSRS was designed to work with CBA only. I cannot cover other peoples work. Also you dont should activate JSRS on your server, just implement the key to ALLOW the mod. Than again if you run so much stuff I can help you anyways. And when not using JSRS and your sounds still not work, you might still have it running somewhere or fuck up something else. Why would JSRS have any impact of your game if its not activated, lol. Yes there is no readme yet. But if you are so familiar with using mods, you couldn't fuck up things that weird.

I dont know why people always start JSRS with hundreds of other stuff and start shitting at me for their fucking problems. Sry but think about that. I would just suggest you to not use this mod and you will be fine, it seems.

Sry for being that harsh but its enough sometimes. I know there are many positive posts here as well, but those posts just point out the most and really hurt knowing how much time I put into this just to hear how "I" fucked things up for you. So sry for being that harsh on you now but just leave it... sry...

Jesus fucking christ man, why are you pouring all your negativity on me? I don't know why you are so pissed on me for. I was just trying to troubleshoot and find the culprit. If you read my post you can see my thought process was completely analytical, not judgemental. I try to follow every possible lead the best I can, so that I can solve the problem. I mean... The sounds were not working, so is it such a frikking wild assumption that a SOUND MOD had something to do with it? Or is that being too rude for you? Because somehow, thing were working one day, and then after one additional client activated the jsrs mod, things stopped working. But jsrs could not possibly have anything to do with it, right? Because it's your baby.

Finding the real issue, and solving it, thus constructively working on improving arma for all is not really on your agenda apparently, is it? You just want praise. And that's perfectly fine... You invested a lot of work, and now don't want to hear about any problems. Cool, no problem. But don't throw a tantrum when people have some issues and complain. If you don't want this thread to be a support thread, write that in the OP.

And how am I supposed to know I am not to run jsrs on the server? Did you write this somewhere? No, you just assume people know, and if we don't you yell at us. Because somehow, obviously, you knew this from the moment you first opened arma, and not only after someone told you. Right?

I don't like it and like you said get your mods f**** out of arma series games!

LJ has put a lot of work in all of his mods (from JSRS 1 to DF) and he does not deserve any hate (actually none of the modders/scripters/mission makers do), he has put his free time in it, his money as well, he is making these mods available for us to use for FREE. So stop complaining, if you don`t like it, delete it, but please, don`t post hateful stuff on forums.

On topic:

Awesome job Mr.LJ, it`s an amazing mod (as all before were) and keep up with the good work!

At first, it didn't seem to work very well for me - but I gave it another shot and "played with Fyre" during a session last friday, having only minor issues. I must say you've done a great job, it sounds fantastic.

Edit: I'll say that I was actually skeptical/critical at first - but it's really grown on me.

:icon_eek:

Edited by rzon

Finding the real issue, and solving it, thus constructively working on improving arma for all is not really on your agenda apparently, is it?

I obviously cannot do that! And I said I'm sry for being that harsh but yeah, you are right and everything. I dont yell at you.

Did you ran JSRS just with CBA alone, for once? I cant cover other mods (maybe also heavy scripted missions cause issues) and cannot think about that now as I want the mod itself to run perfect and with no issues. Thats my goal now. So yeah, you might be right, I overreacted but thats what it is now. I dont care much... I will add the info for not running on servers on the frontpage, its obviously an info I've missed out.

Thats it,

LJ

I obviously cannot do that! And I said I'm sry for being that harsh but yeah, you are right and everything. I dont yell at you.

Did you ran JSRS just with CBA alone, for once? I cant cover other mods (maybe also heavy scripted missions cause issues) and cannot think about that now as I want the mod itself to run perfect and with no issues. Thats my goal now. So yeah, you might be right, I overreacted but thats what it is now. I dont care much... I will add the info for not running on servers on the frontpage, its obviously an info I've missed out.

Thats it,

LJ

No, I am sorry. My reply was too rude. You have invested countless hours into this mod, and I've really enjoyed all your previous work. It wasn't fair of me to be so nasty. Of course you can not spend your time on a single isolated issue, which apparently was cause by some third party mod/bug. Please understand, my first post was posted after me and my friend spent 4 hours looking at error messages, crash dumps, and random crashes, glitches, and no sound. I should not have posted then at all. So sorry. :)

Anyway, I'll start by uninstalling arma, and downloading a fresh copy from steam, and than try to figure out where things break. One step at a time. I'll post the solution, if I find it, and a more complete log of what went wrong. If I can figure it out. :)

Cheers!

No, I am sorry. My reply was too rude. You have invested countless hours into this mod, and I've really enjoyed all your previous work. It wasn't fair of me to be so nasty. Of course you can not spend your time on a single isolated issue, which apparently was cause by some third party mod/bug. Please understand, my first post was posted after me and my friend spent 4 hours looking at error messages, crash dumps, and random crashes, glitches, and no sound. I should not have posted then at all. So sorry. :)

Anyway, I'll start by uninstalling arma, and downloading a fresh copy from steam, and than try to figure out where things break. One step at a time. I'll post the solution, if I find it, and a more complete log of what went wrong. If I can figure it out. :)

Cheers!

Now we both felt shitty heh. Its fine, I understand you, really do. Feeling the same sometimes with other mods but never really come to post on their threads, just when things work for me and I'm enjoying their work. So yeah, lets just forget about it. I can only give you this:

1. Install ArmA from Steam, stable, not beta/dev branch.
  2. Install latest CBA

3. and then JSRS.
  4. I would also suggest to use the ArmA Launcher integrated in the install (i.e. "C:\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe")...

...its perfect and allows all kinds of set ups, also NoSplash, World=Empty and more. There you select CBA folder first and then JSRS.

Tho I think the other mods and missions could cause it as well.

So, sry ... and thanks! ;)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

This sound mod has greatly improved my immersion and overall gameplay experience in ArmA 3. I don't really have any complaints or suggestions really, aside from the lack of a delay from the A-10's "brrrrrrt" which is mostly BI to blame for not addressing that ticket. Everything else, so far, is outstanding. I especially love the little details you added, such as the sound of bullet casings hitting the floor after shooting and the sound of rain on vehicles, as well as the sound changing when you enter vehicles. 10/10, well worth the wait.

Can someone upload the original supersonic crack files, before Jarhead made it quieter?

After setting ingame Effects slider to 100% and Windows arma3.exe to 20%, the sounds are amazing but I want to compare it to the louder supersonic crack.

Also, some explosions seem a bit weak - specifically frag grenades - and especially when it explodes close enough to deal damage. I will post a video of this when I get home in about 6 hours.

I just started playing with this sound mod and I like it very much so far. Thanks for all your work LordJarhead, but there are 2 things I want to say/ask about:

I noticed the gunfire when using scopes with 2 zoom levels like arco or mrco (dms and sos are alright, didn't test all scopes) on max zoom sounds same as in 3rd person view, but in lower zoom sounds different. I don't think it meant to be like that.

Other thing is supersonic crack sound. It's way too loud for me and I'm not sure if that tweak you relased changes anything for me. I noticed the volume varies depending on which direction barrel's pointing when firing (sometimes it's as I would like it to be, in other directions too loud). Can you LordJarhead say what it's depending on and if we can expect any further updates/tweaks of this effect? (added: I don't think solution with lowering arma's volume in windows mixer and rising it in game will help as it'll probably turn mic volume down too as somebody already pointed)

They're my quick observations. I'm not "bitching" (some are very sensitive about any critique), just exhibiting some issues, so maker can have fully working, polished mod, and we the best use of it, cheers :)

Edited by sokoleoko

Cheers!

That would be really appreciated :)

It is simply to hard for us to troubleshoot when you report problems with a load of other mods running and then even a script heavy mission on top of it. It´s Arma, everything can cause issues :p

Maybe this have been reported already, got this script error. Was on proving grunds near the gas station

_index = floor(random (count _sArray));
_soundV = _sArray select _ind>
15:10:48   Error position: <_sArray));
15:10:48   Error count: Undefined variable in expression: _sarray
15:10:48 File DFyre_A_Core\scripts\ES_Urban\urban.sqf, line 12
15:10:48 Error in expression <-13,1]);

Yesterday we were pinned down in a compound north of Zargabad. There were enemy snipers on the roofs of the town that held us down. If it weren't for the almost soothing noise of little shrapnels hitting the ground behind us, it wouldn't even have seemed to be a real threat. But as trivial as those little thuds sounded, as alarming they were. Very seldomly, when I raised my head too far out of cover, the thud would be preceeded by a hissing crack that would send a shock down my spine everytime it was heard.

Without DragonFyre this would have been just another firefight, but now it was, as insignificant as such a situation may seem, an equally terrifying and terrific expirience. Thanks again, LordJarhead! :)

Yesterday we were pinned down in a compound north of Zargabad. There were enemy snipers on the roofs of the town that held us down. If it weren't for the almost soothing noise of little shrapnels hitting the ground behind us, it wouldn't even have seemed to be a real threat. But as trivial as those little thuds sounded, as alarming they were. Very seldomly, when I raised my head too far out of cover, the thud would be preceeded by a hissing crack that would send a shock down my spine everytime it was heard.

Without DragonFyre this would have been just another firefight, but now it was, as insignificant as such a situation may seem, an equally terrifying and terrific expirience. Thanks again, LordJarhead! :)

This should be DragonFyres infomercial, love it!

I agree the mod makes a huge difference,pretty much makes urban combat a whole new game with the reverbs but it seems to give me some slight lag and sound stutter at a higher level then usual when there is a firefight :(

FOLKS, PLEASE READ THIS FULL POST BEFORE YOU COMMENT ABOUT MY FEEDBACK;

LJ, I'm going to write something here and i don't expect you to agree, but i just want you to understand my point of view. Please don't take this the wrong way.

First off it may be to late in the game but because this is still RC release, i wanted to make a suggestions. I know there may still be bugs in place, but learning more about this mod, sounds like it wouldn't always be the "Required MOD" for all missions. Here's what i was going to share:

I love the work and effort, and really do appreciate the amount of work that went in to all the scripts/sounds. If i understand correctly, you want the mod to run complete and without MODs or many mods for conflict and performance reasons. I'm not sure if this is just your requirement until the full supported release is out, or the way the mod is designed. My issue is this and i think some others out there will feel the same way.

90% of my Arma gameplay is using other mods and heavy scripted missions. I'm not sure if your MOD is going to improve the scripting performance, but i imagine you've done the best you could already and it is great. But as many have mentioned and you can confirm, when it comes to this these type of gameplay, this mod may not run 100% all the time. During heavy firefights or FPS loads, the sounds can be delayed or missed completely.

Anyways what i am trying to get at is would it be possible to make this mod adaptable to peoples play styles and performance needs. If there is a way to customize its performance, i think that would be huge for some of those struggling to allow this mod to run 100% like myself. For example like removing certain PBOs or disabling the distance scripts on some of the sounds to our personal tastes. I know this breaks your vision, but it sounds like it would be a valid workaround to the performance issues some of us experience. You can't expect people to only play missions where 10 people are fighting at a time (i know i know i am extra grating probably…). And i guess if that was the plan, then its a shame to let such a beautiful mod not be used as much as i would like...

I hope what i am trying to share makes sense. I don't know if its doable, but i hope it can be reviewed...

LJ, I'm going to write something here and i don't expect you to agree, but i just want you to understand my point of view. Please don't take this the wrong way.

First off it may be to late in the game but because this is still RC release, i wanted to make a suggestions. I know there may still be bugs in place, but learning more about this mod, sounds like it wouldn't always be the "Required MOD" for all missions. Here's what i was going to share:

I love the work and effort, and really do appreciate the amount of work that went in to all the scripts/sounds. If i understand correctly, you want the mod to run complete and without MODs or many mods for conflict and performance reasons. I'm not sure if this is just your requirement until the full supported release is out, or the way the mod is designed. My issue is this and i think some others out there will feel the same way.

90% of my Arma gameplay is using other mods and heavy scripted missions. I'm not sure if your MOD is going to improve the scripting performance, but i imagine you've done the best you could already and it is great. But as many have mentioned and you can confirm, when it comes to this these type of gameplay, this mod may not run 100% all the time. During heavy firefights or FPS loads, the sounds can be delayed or missed completely.

Anyways what i am trying to get at is would it be possible to make this mod adaptable to peoples play styles and performance needs. If there is a way to customize its performance, i think that would be huge for some of those struggling to allow this mod to run 100% like myself. For example like removing certain PBOs or disabling the distance scripts on some of the sounds to our personal tastes. I know this breaks your vision, but it sounds like it would be a valid workaround to the performance issues some of us experience. You can't expect people to only play missions where 10 people are fighting at a time (i know i know i am extra grating probably…). And i guess if that was the plan, then its a shame to let such a beautiful mod not be used as much as i would like...

I hope what i am trying to share makes sense. I don't know if its doable, but i hope it can be reviewed...

Who said you can´t use other Mods together with this? ;)

Of course you can play with other Mods, but please be aware that LJ can only guarantee that everything will work as desired if you use only DFyre with CBA. If you run into issues we expect you to test with DFyre+CBA only before you report them. Only then we will be able to help you.

I myself use DFyre together with Blastcore, BCombat and AGM. No problems here.

As for taking out certain features of the mod. I don´t think that is possible. The Mod is build around those features and they can´t be removed easily. LJ would have to rewrite a lot of code to remove a feature.

EDIT:

If you experience script lag then this can have three reasons:

1. The Mission you play has a lot of Scripts running or a really huge ammount of AI. Don´t play those missions if they cause problems for you. If a mission author feels he needs to put a massive ammount of Scripts and AI into his mission to make it work he usually needs to learn how to make missions more efficiently.

2. You are using other Mods that run a lot of scripts. In that case ask yourself what is more important, a good sound+immersion, or mod ABC that executes script XYZ every 10 frames.

3. Your Hardware (CPU) is outdated. The only way to solve this is to upgrade. This solution can also solve problems 1&2, although only to some extend since even a powerfull machine will be held back by BIS ancient engine.

To put this into perspective, I´m running an i7 2600k @4,3GHz but I still can only play this game at moderate settings because my GPU (a HD5850) is terribly outdated and I can´t afford a new one.

This means that my game doesn´t look super good, but the only times I experience script lag is when my FPS drops to 20 because of my old GPU. A good CPU is more important for Arma than a good GPU. If your CPU is not up to the task try adjusting your ingame settings so that you stay above 30 FPS at (almost) all times. Look up wich settings are especially CPU demanding.

Edited by Tonci87

LOL thanks heh. Yeah we reached over 40K I think. On Thursday we had 22351 on the one FTP already. So now with the weekend and other links... yeah its rising steady...

LJ[

40k downloads ? geez ! How does it feel like to please thousands of arma 3 players with your sound mod? :p Anyway, excellent mod, excellent work, can't wait to hear new stuff from ya (for arma or elsewhere).

Cheers !

Don't worry, I'm not that hateful as some say or think. Just didn't have the best time but that doesn't matter now. Actually I don't or never really said this mod should be used alone or you shouldn't use any others. I say I cannot guarantee for a working mod if you use others with this. What I DID say was that you should not use this with other sound mods as that WILL break things for sure.

And I also thought about options to turn off specific feature, but the problem is that the whole mod is build upon each feature, the scripts fit the cfg values, the cfg fits the scripts. That would end up in providing even another sounded and that would be... Hmm...

LJ

Got this error in my RTP

1:24:22 Error in expression <-13,1]);

_index = floor(random (count _sArray));

1:24:22 Error position: <_sArray));

1:24:22 Error count: Undefined variable in expression: _sarray

1:24:22 File DFyre_A_Core\scripts\ES_Urban\urban.sqf, line 12

Don't worry, I'm not that hateful as some say or think. Just didn't have the best time but that doesn't matter now. Actually I don't or never really said this mod should be used alone or you shouldn't use any others. I say I cannot guarantee for a working mod if you use others with this. What I DID say was that you should not use this with other sound mods as that WILL break things for sure.

And I also thought about options to turn off specific feature, but the problem is that the whole mod is build upon each feature, the scripts fit the cfg values, the cfg fits the scripts. That would end up in providing even another sounded and that would be... Hmm...

LJ

Maybe an optional config pbo that runs less intensive (or no) scripts? I imagine that would be a lot more work and may not be worth the overall hassle, but a suggestion none-the-less.

Maybe an optional config pbo that runs less intensive (or no) scripts? I imagine that would be a lot more work and may not be worth the overall hassle, but a suggestion none-the-less.

Considering the whole situation, I might gonna release another mod that comes with no scripting at all. Something like "JSRS3: DragonFyre Light" or so.

Just updated all of the configs with a new values that I think should tweak the mod further so the "trick" with ingame volume 100% wont be required anymore. Not sure tho, gotta test that out.

LJ

There is no way way to deactivate... sry.

Your sound of the crash of the helicopter is very similar to the simple sound of the explosion (mine, grenade)

I think, in the vanilla game, the sound of a helicopter crash after update 1.34, was a super.

I think it was the best sound in the entire game!

You don't want to leave the vanilla sounds of the crash helicopters?

Your goal is to completely replace all of the sounds in the game? Or you can leave the vanilla sounds also?

What do you think about this?

Edited by mickeymen
correction

Your sound of the crash of the helicopter is very similar to the simple sound of the explosion (mine, grenade)

I think, in the vanilla game, the sound of a helicopter crash after update 1.34, was a super.

I think it was the best sound in the entire game!

You don't want to leave the vanilla sounds of the crash helicopters?

Your goal is to completely replace all of the sounds in the game? Or you can leave the vanilla sounds also?

What do you think about this?

I think I just wanted to make my own to be honest. I surely wanted to make a difference between all vehicles exploding, but I might haven't got the best solution about that. With the current version there is no quick solution to solve your problem.

LJ

First time i user of a jsrs sound mod. Awesome job so far on DragonFyre man, look forward to future updates. Thanks again for a great mod.

Considering the whole situation, I might gonna release another mod that comes with no scripting at all. Something like "JSRS3: DragonFyre Light" or so.

Just updated all of the configs with a new values that I think should tweak the mod further so the "trick" with ingame volume 100% wont be required anymore. Not sure tho, gotta test that out.

LJ

Thanks man this sounds awesome. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from this. Again thanks for all our hard work. Loving it