This thread needs some love. I love JSRS, it sounds awesome. Playing with it for a few days now and it's gorgeous.

I even love dem original sonic cracks. Maybe it's because of the sound system I'm using. And I actually have second sound card and separate smaller speakers for mumble/teamspeak so I don't touch volume in arma at all.

Everything works perfectly fine for me too. I never been so excited when I enter a fire fight...it made Arma 3 even more appealing to play :D It's great !!!

And I had no need to change volume on Arma 3. Setting remained the same on the game and on my computer.

Honestly guys, it's working 100% perfect for me. With the exception of some really minor and inconspicuous things that I would prefer to remain unsaid until I talk with LJ next. LordJarhead created the perfect sound mod for me, and a lot of other users (it's not FOR me, but it's how I feel about it hahaha) because while not being totally accurate, it's so much more immersive and realistic than the crap BI sounds gave us with release. This soundmod should have been included with the final 1.00 release of ArmA, a LONG time ago. Realism in a military simulator is a must have factor, and LJ hit it spot on with the tools he has. The RV engine is not the most flexible thing in the world, so given this LJ did an amazing job. TONS of hours went into creating this mod, by LJ himself, the intern testers, scriptwriters, and helpful and kind advise givers.

L.J.

Thank you so much for the amazing sound mod, personally I can say it will not be replaced by any other full replacement sound mod because it provides the realism and sound quality I would expect from a AAA title! Not to mention, this isn't even the final state of the mod?! :D I can only dream of what can happen next from you, and the team.

The supersonic cracks are more than likely a problem with ArmA 3 itself, after trying this out for myself, the volume of the cracks is a little less that all of yours and sounds fine to me. :)

Best Regards,

Shadow

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Mickey,

Try to get rid of the old JSRS, or move it somewhere else on your drive. Then go to your command line to launch your mods and see if the proper init code is there: like this "-mod=@DragonFyre" or whatever the name of the mod is. Make sure you are NOT running any other sound mod, well... My @RealSound aircraft mods are compatible, so as long as DFyre comes first it shouldn't really matter. Just be sure not to run both JSRS mods at once.

Thanks my friend! I have found error! This will sound old sound from JSRS 2.2!

The sound of fire from Titan from Dragon-Mod is super!

I apologize for the language barrier and not a good word "disgusting" :)

Thanks my friend! I have found error! This will sound old sound from JSRS 2.2!

The sound of fire from Titan from Dragon-Mod is super!

I apologize for the language barrier and not a good word "disgusting" :)

Have fun :D

Finally you managed to create a nice supersonic crack sound which thankfully doesn't sound like a firecracker, well done Lord Jarhead :pistols:

Superb.. still i have to get used to the new sounds and pops 'n stuff but first impression is really nice.. And the Armaholic link still says nothing about CBA required .. you might wanna change that, or people get confused ;) keep it up

I don't have any problems at the moment with this mod. With the new version of Blastcore, these two mods really improves the overall immersion.

Thank you for this very functional betatest. Nothing to report not functioning besides the sonic booms, but I will try the hotfix for that.

The lower-windows-mixer-audio-and-increase-effects-volume-solution will mess with VOIP, won't it? So we can't call that a "solution" per se?

Cheers for your work!

In this mod almost all sounds much better than vanilla!

All sounds good, but I think that the sound of the all helicopters explosion, from the vanilla was so better!

After Upgrade "Helicopters" in v1.34, these sounds were added to the Arma3.

Please don't change them.

Question: How I can return these old sounds?

Edited by mickeymen

Silly question, do I need HW support to get 128 channels working or is it done on the CPU?

/KC

Unless you have really ancient hardware, it should be automatic if you select 128 channels in A3's configuration menu (sorry, can't remeber the exact location).

When playing COOP using a dedicated server I can not hear my teammates' gun sounds, and he can not hear mine. The gun is MUTE. This is both with jsrs enabled on the dedicated server and disabled. Why?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

We also tried using not-dedicated multiplayer. Also not working. Glitchy mess right now.

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-10-2015 at 11:51 PM ----------

Lol, and now after deleting JSRS all the vanilal sounds are messed up. I can't hear enemy fire, and all the sounds are completely weird.

This is either a weird fluke, or a very glitch release.... Anyhow, my experience with jsrs3 was extremely negative so far. And I was really looking forward to this.

When playing COOP using a dedicated server I can not hear my teammates' gun sounds, and he can not hear mine. The gun is MUTE. This is both with jsrs enabled on the dedicated server and disabled. Why?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

We also tried using not-dedicated multiplayer. Also not working. Glitchy mess right now.

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-10-2015 at 11:51 PM ----------

Lol, and now after deleting JSRS all the vanilal sounds are messed up. I can't hear enemy fire, and all the sounds are completely weird.

This is either a weird fluke, or a very glitch release.... Anyhow, my experience with jsrs3 was extremely negative so far. And I was really looking forward to this.

If vanilla sounds are hosed then sounds like you got other issues going on…

Also what gun are you referring to vanilla guns or mods?

Not sure if anyone else is noticing but firing fully auto at times causes way much lag on RHS guns and other modded guns). The guns sound beautiful though. Its not a FPS issue though as my frames were over 40 at the time….need to do some more testing I know you mentioned you haven't tested support for other MODS yet but just sharing.

Think of it this way: If noone else reports such very strange problems, and nobody of us discovered it while testing in MP then maybe it is not because of "a fluke" or a "very glitchy release" but because there is something seriously wrong on your end?

Did you run this Mod with CBA? Do you know how to use Addons in Arma? How did you manage to mess up your vanilla sounds for gods sake? Please don´t tell me you just copied everything into the addons folder....

All this bitching, but not even after a week of the release the amount of posts here already passed the amount of ticket votes (You know which ticket). :mad:

All the wonderful people that are answering the... not so wonderful other people, can you tell me what grand holy power you have to commute to such a effort still?

All this bitching, but not even after a week of the release the amount of posts here already passed the amount of ticket votes (You know which ticket). :mad:

All the wonderful people that are answering the... not so wonderful other people, can you tell me what grand holy power you have to commute to such a effort still?

I find it hilarious, imo, all these not-so-nice people are being ungrateful and complaining cause some of their copies don't "Work right" or is not "realistic". I laugh and tell them, it's a GAME. ;)

But, I do what I can to help. :)

Seems incredibly slick so far. Full auto fire sometimes get's choppy when firing from vehicles, but that could just be my end. Freaking beautiful soundscape now!

Being around a lot of weapons firing and explosions in my trade, this has to be one of the best sounding modifications that I have ever come across hands down.

I have one issue. I just have Blastcore, Ultimate soldier and Dragonfyre installed, no other mods. Re-installed game just for Blastcore and JSRS3.

But gun sounds don't seem to originate from the gun, especially on that West side chopper, whats it called, blackhawk, ghosthawk, something. The attack chopper.

The sound seems to only be played at the point of impact. This happens when the chopper uses the minigun.

EDIT: I'm a moron, forgot to also use CBA. Sound is working great now.

Edited by mamasan8

Think of it this way: If noone else reports such very strange problems, and nobody of us discovered it while testing in MP then maybe it is not because of "a fluke" or a "very glitchy release" but because there is something seriously wrong on your end?

Did you run this Mod with CBA? Do you know how to use Addons in Arma? How did you manage to mess up your vanilla sounds for gods sake? Please don´t tell me you just copied everything into the addons folder....

I think I know how to use addons... But you know, since there isn't really a proper readme for this, I might have fucked something up. Would you mind reading through my steps, and telling me what I messed up?

1. download arma 3 from steam

2. download my mods (which are: cba, hlcweapons, blastcore, jsrs, tryk, agm, asdg_jr, hlcmods_jsrs, stamina bar)

3. launch the game using -mod parameter. I did not pay attention to the order of -mod mods, but here's the line copied: "D:\Igre\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@agm;@ASDG_JR;@bcombat;@DragonFyre;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@Blastcore-Tracers;@CBA_A3;Curator;Heli;Kart;Launcher;@hlcmods;@st_stamina_bar;@TRYK

4. At this point all the mods are loaded into the game, and I don't get errors on the loading addons part of the arma splash screen

5. Copy the entire ARMA directory, to create Arma 3 - Copy folder

6. Download TADST

7. Run TADST, enable all the same mods as on my arma 3 client

8. Run Dedicated server

9. Run client

10. play

Also, it is important to note, that yesterday the I played the game with a friend and he did not have jsrs3. The server did not have it enabled either, so my client was the only arma running jsrs. I also should note, that I accidentaly activated pubattleroyale on the server, but then deleted it. The game worked, however my friend did not hear my gunshots. I heard his. Today, he downloaded jsrs, and I activated it on the server. Today the server kept crashing to desktop, and when it did briefly work, the sounds were all messed up, We couldn't hear eachother's gunshots.

--For what it's worth we are running a heavily scritped mission, which had some big error messages. They then dissapeared upon computer restart for no apparent reason... ?

So... what do you think?

Oh anothe big thing: When it did work for me yesterday, the gun was incredibly laggy. So when I started firing it would take like.. 1 second for the sound effects to start.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

If vanilla sounds are hosed then sounds like you got other issues going on…

Also what gun are you referring to vanilla guns or mods?

I use vanilla guns, and HLC weapons pack ar15, and m14. I also use the hlc jsrs patch. And no guns work properly.

try with cba as the first thing in your mod string, since its basically the mod to allow mods. But the problems you describe after deactivating/ deleting dragonfyre make it seem that there is either something wrong with your game or another mod. And yes, I would get rid of that heavily scripted mission. For testing/ feedback purposes it should be kept as simple as possible.

Furthermore am I guessing correctly that you also run JSRS on your server? You should not because its not required and there are still some (weird :) ) people who prefer vanilla sounds.

I'm not an expert but these could be possible reasons for your problems. I am running JSRS alongside many more mods than you and none of the guys from my group had any complaints.

Sry but sometimes I feel like saying "Just get the F outa here..." seriously. For 99% its working just fine, and you point your issue on being a JSRS's fault. Sry mate, thats kinda not fair. But further more...

I think I know how to use addons... But you know, since there isn't really a proper readme for this, I might have fucked something up. Would you mind reading through my steps, and telling me what I messed up?

Also, it is important to note, that yesterday the I played the game with a friend and he did not have jsrs3. The server did not have it enabled either, so my client was the only arma running jsrs. I also should note, that I accidentaly activated pubattleroyale on the server, but then deleted it. The game worked, however my friend did not hear my gunshots. I heard his. Today, he downloaded jsrs, and I activated it on the server. Today the server kept crashing to desktop, and when it did briefly work, the sounds were all messed up, We couldn't hear eachother's gunshots.

--For what it's worth we are running a heavily scritped mission, which had some big error messages. They then dissapeared upon computer restart for no apparent reason... ?

So... what do you think?

Oh anothe big thing: When it did work for me yesterday, the gun was incredibly laggy. So when I started firing it would take like.. 1 second for the sound effects to start.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I use vanilla guns, and HLC weapons pack ar15, and m14. I also use the hlc jsrs patch. And no guns work properly.

As said, I dont cover other mods. The more stuff you apply the more fucked up the game works. And as you said, scripted heavy missions and stuff, sry but JSRS was designed to work with CBA only. I cannot cover other peoples work. Also you dont should activate JSRS on your server, just implement the key to ALLOW the mod. Than again if you run so much stuff I can help you anyways. And when not using JSRS and your sounds still not work, you might still have it running somewhere or something else is fuck up. Why would JSRS have any impact of your game if its not activated, lol. Yes there is no readme yet. But if you are so familiar with using mods, you couldn't fuck up things that weird heh.

I dont know why people always start JSRS with hundreds of other stuff and start shitting at me for their problems. Sry but think about that. I would just suggest you to not use this mod and you will be fine, it seems. If you think there is a problem with JSRS just test it without other mods, just CBA and check again.

Sry for being that harsh but its enough sometimes. I know there are many positive posts here as well, but those posts just point out the most and really hurt knowing how much time I put into this just to hear how "I" fucked things up for you. So sry for being that harsh on you now but just leave it... sry...

I have one issue. I just have Blastcore, Ultimate soldier and Dragonfyre installed, no other mods. Re-installed game just for Blastcore and JSRS3.

But gun sounds don't seem to originate from the gun, especially on that West side chopper, whats it called, blackhawk, ghosthawk, something. The attack chopper.

The sound seems to only be played at the point of impact. This happens when the chopper uses the minigun.

Could be that the 30mm gun (of the Blackfoot?!) is not loud enough maybe but normaly it should be hearable ... might be blastcore, please test with out blastcore real quick...

In this mod almost all sounds much better than vanilla!

All sounds good, but I think that the sound of the all helicopters explosion, from the vanilla was so better!

After Upgrade "Helicopters" in v1.34, these sounds were added to the Arma3.

Please don't change them.

Question: How I can return these old sounds?

There is no way way to deactivate... sry.

Being around a lot of weapons firing and explosions in my trade, this has to be one of the best sounding modifications that I have ever come across hands down.

THANK YOU! Feels good...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

...the amount of posts here already passed the amount of ticket votes (You know which ticket). :mad:

Are you even surprised? Because I'm not. JSRS3 has over 3k downloads only on Armaholic, with the other mirrors it could easily exceed 20k downloads. I knew way before the release that people will not vote for that ticket.

Anyways... Great release LJ you're the best around here, I like the sounds how you made them. When I'm in better cash situation I will try to send you a donation and I think that everyone should consider donating!

Also let's hope people start reporting bugs properly. Bad examples of reporting: I don't like this sound, it sounds different in that youtube video from Afghanistan; JSRS3 is not even working for me, this is my mod line with another 50 mods activated.

Edited by tomeek

Are you even surprised? Because I'm not. JSRS3 has over 3k downloads only on Armaholic, with the other mirrors it could easily exceed 20k downloads. I knew way before the release that people will not vote for that ticket.

Anyways... Great release LJ you're the best around here, I like the sounds how you made them. When I'm in better cash situation I will try to send you a donation and I think that everyone should consider donating!

Also let's hope people start reporting bugs properly. Bad examples of reporting: I don't like this sound, it sounds different in that youtube video; JSRS3 is not even working for me, this is my mod line with another 50 mods activated.

LOL thanks heh. Yeah we reached over 40K I think. On Thursday we had 22351 on the one FTP already. So now with the weekend and other links... yeah its rising steady...

LJ

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I don't like it and like you said get your mods f**** out of arma series games!

Ehm, yeah. Thanks...

Edited by LordJarhead