;2853171']I´m having a problem with echoes: everytime a fireweapon shoots' date=' the firing sound is replayed 2 secs later, loud as the original shooting (it doesn´t feels like echo, it is just like firing sound loop), and on ambients that shouldn´t echo... on Altis, Zargabad, any map!

Overall the sounds are awesome, but this issue is quite immersion breaking... I´m using 128 sound sources, should I tweak this number or it really needs a hotfixing?

and no, I really like Echo and the Bunnymen =P

[url']

[/url]

cheers, LJ!

I had the exact same problem, there are things that could be done, not sure they will be, but there are.

Case in point, the indoor firing sounds don't cause the same problem. It seems to be the way the scripts work, as with the echoes you're talking about, I've noticed that it will in certain circumstances come from a particular place, for example situated beside a building, it seems as if the script actually places a sound where it finds a building and offsets it wherever the surface of the building is. I will hear it originating from particular side in some cases on my headphones.

I don't know how in-depth the simulation is, but I'll bet it's considerably more complex than it might need be to create the desired effect.

I would imagine doing a scaled-down version of this that "cheats", essentially not trying to recreate the effect with such fidelity would be the ultimate solution, and TBH I really don't think people would notice otherwise in the thick of combat.

First I liked it, but then I hated how un-imerssive it feels.

Footsteps/movement is SO LOUD.

Some vehicles seem to be absolutely silent, quieter than walking.

explosions are QUIET.

gunfire is QUIET.

Ultrasonic explosions are the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life.

With the game Effects set to 20%, all I can hear is footsteps and ultrasonic explosions, forget about teamspeak or other things.

Explosions are kinda delayed sometimes. I'm using agm+jsrs+rhs

was just testing it with bunch of AI to simulate MP

Thank you for your work. It's amazing. All sounds create the best impression. Now the sounds of explosions and gun shots have more power!

But the sound of the shot of the Titan Launcher worse than in vanilla. It's disgusting, please replace it!!! It spoils all the impressions...

Will there be any extensions/templates or additional support for addon weapons?

I know you guys are really sticky on terms of use, but it would great if there is either additional support or some kind of officially endorsed way of bootstrapping support for certain JSRS functions to addon weapons such as the sonic echoes, indoor sounds, etc.

Thank you for your work. It's amazing. All sounds create the best impression. Now the sounds of explosions and gun shots have more power!

But the sound of the shot of the Titan Launcher worse than in vanilla. It's disgusting, please replace it!!! It spoils all the impressions...

Mickey, for a 1st post you sure know how to leave an impression. Perhaps you could post an example of what could be improved ? i.e. a real example vs what you find "disgusting"

btw "Disgusting" is a pretty emotive word to use, If I was LordJH - personally I'd just tell you to F off :-)

Hey Lordjarhead wanted to congratulate you on getting the mod released and all the hard work you put into it.

Finally was able to test the mod yesterday morning and I am just blown away by the vehicle, and the sounds for the planes.

Most notable sounds was with the engine sounds off the tanks, wow!

Anyone else notice artillery impacts from sochor sound distant even when really close?

Been mentioned a few times imho, same goes for the GBU bombs.

Vehicles like tanks and cars also seem to turn almost silent at a distance of 50m+.

Cheers

Mickey, for a 1st post you sure know how to leave an impression. Perhaps you could post an example of what could be improved ? i.e. a real example vs what you find "disgusting"

btw "Disgusting" is a pretty emotive word to use, If I was LordJH - personally I'd just tell you to F off :-)

Sorry, man. My English is weak. I was not able to find other words, because there is a big contrast with this sound...

I bad understood your answer. As I understand you only want to show discontent with the word "disgusting".

Probably you like this sound (Titan shot)?

"Perhaps you could post an example of what could be improved"

Video example here:

This is disgusting (After all other sounds!)

Note. The shot is done at the ear of the player, but the sound of the missile hit, at a distance of 250-300 meters is heard louder! This nonsense. The sound of the shot is very quiet and ugly. There is no power...

Change it!

Edited by mickeymen
adding info

Well +1 for coming back with your example. I honestly think it sounds ok. I tend to stick to non Vanilla launchers, Javelin etc so it's not something I feel passionate about...

Perhaps LordJH will be making some changes... I'm sure he'll comment at somepoint. One thing to consider is he was pretty clear his focus was on bugs, not replacing sound effects that were not liked etc... It's a subjective thing afterall.

:)

First I liked it, but then I hated how un-imerssive it feels.

Footsteps/movement is SO LOUD.

Some vehicles seem to be absolutely silent, quieter than walking.

explosions are QUIET.

gunfire is QUIET.

Ultrasonic explosions are the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life.

With the game Effects set to 20%, all I can hear is footsteps and ultrasonic explosions, forget about teamspeak or other things.

I dont know what you guys have trouble with this all the time. Its weird. Works perfectly for me. Set it up to 100% ingame and set ArmA3 in window system audio quieter. Other than that I can't help...

THIS:

Will there be any extensions/templates or additional support for addon weapons?

I know you guys are really sticky on terms of use, but it would great if there is either additional support or some kind of officially endorsed way of bootstrapping support for certain JSRS functions to addon weapons such as the sonic echoes, indoor sounds, etc.

First of all, its just ME, alone, who's doing this mod. LAxeman and others were providing a script I could build my mod on. And yes, I dont have much time to cover other stuff and cannot do that. I will show a template on how to add it for addon makers themselves later....

Just tested that supersonic crack fix, but I don't see any difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYBMtptSdpE

I have changed that again and will upload a new fix later...

Anyone else notice artillery impacts from sochor sound distant even when really close?
Been mentioned a few times imho, same goes for the GBU bombs.

Vehicles like tanks and cars also seem to turn almost silent at a distance of 50m+.

Cheers

I should maybe put in big pink balloon letters the words "AGAIN: The mod is NOT Final! " and

Due to spawned explosions there are very muffled sounds for them, as we pointed out

many times before, thats what we need this voted to be successful:

Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo

This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Sorry, man. My English is weak. I was not able to find other words, because there is a big contrast with this sound...

I bad understood your answer. As I understand you only want to show discontent with the word "disgusting".

Probably you like this sound (Titan shot)?

"Perhaps you could post an example of what could be improved"

Video example here:

This is disgusting (After all other sounds!)

Note. The shot is done at the ear of the player, but the sound of the missile hit, at a distance of 250-300 meters is heard louder! This nonsense. The sound of the shot is very quiet and ugly. There is no power...

Change it!

Pff, yeah I will do, sir.... actually: Did you replaced the old JSRS2.2 files with the new ones? You do have a wrong JSRS version. The sounds you hear do not even exist in DragonFyre.

I'm out...

Christ sake some people are ungrateful little shits, I mean really, either give constructive criticism and keep in mind this was done for free for your arse so be grateful for F sake.

Even with the small discrepancies here and there, I god damn love this mod.

Christ sake some people are ungrateful little shits, I mean really, either give constructive criticism and keep in mind this was done for free for your arse so be grateful for F sake.

Even with the small discrepancies here and there, I god damn love this mod.

No idea who you're talking about, mickeymen already stated that he's not a native speaker so his english isn't too good.

I should maybe put in big pink balloon letters the words "AGAIN: The mod is NOT Final! " and

Due to spawned explosions there are very muffled sounds for them, as we pointed out

many times before, thats what we need this voted to be successful:

Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo

This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

Already voted for that ticket back when it was opened up.

As for the GBU bombs and arty shells, I'm not talking about spawned explosions, just to clarify.

The shells/bombs have been fired from a vehicle, no spawned explosions here, since they definitely use the new dragonfyre sounds, they only sound much more distant than they are, not muffled, crisp clear heights but way too quiet.

A GBU12 impacting at 300m sounds as if it's impacting somewhere in the range above 1500m distance when compared to the volume of other stuff happening (rifle shots, jet engines etc.).

This has been tested with the A-164 Wipeout as with the Neophron, using a laser designator to have them drop bombs and to confirm the distance to the impact.

Cheers

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

I don't think mickey is ungrateful, it just seems to be a problem with the language barrier instead of hate.

As mentioned before those would be some of the spawned rounds and gbus that I did not covered yet but will soon enough.

LJ

Oh! Sorry I didn't really go through much of the thread. I apologize. Voted on your ticket if it helps. Hopefully it does go through. Good luck

I dont know what you guys have trouble with this all the time. Its weird. Works perfectly for me. Set it up to 100% ingame and set ArmA3 in window system audio quieter. Other than that I can't help...

I have changed that again and will upload a new fix later...

Wow. Wait. Don't change anything. I think you might be right, this could be a bug in ARMA, not JSRS!

I just set all my in-game audio sliders to 100% and lowered the volume from Windows Volume Mixer to 20% and it sounds perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVtqAPMhts

It's not a bug in JSRS, it's a bug in ARMA - I'm highly suspecting that the game doesn't recognize the 'supersonic crack' as an 'Effect' and thus plays it at 100% volume regardless of settings

Edited by BullHorn

I don't think mickey is ungrateful, it just seems to be a problem with the language barrier instead of hate.

Agreed, sounds like language barrier not Hating.

Just to repeat what LordJH said though it DOES sound like an old version of JSRS for that launcher...

I just set all my in-game audio sliders to 100% and lowered the volume from Windows Volume Mixer to 20% and it sounds perfect!

Is there any specific reason you're lowering the output volume of your PC to 20%?

Just curious

Is there any specific reason you're lowering the output volume of your PC to 20%?

Just curious

... to avoid blood ?

Edited by serjames

Wow. Wait. Don't change anything. I think you might be right, this could be a bug in ARMA, not JSRS!

This does absolutely nothing for me.

I'm assuming/suspecting that for some reason, ARMA doesn't consider the 'supersonic crack' audio as an 'Effect' - so even though gunfire was played at 15% according to the slider, the supersonic crack was played at 100% - and that's the reason it was so much louder.

I don't lower the entire computer audio, just arma3.exe - Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 allows you do to that by default

Thanks for understanding. Yes, this is only language barrier.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

"yeah I will do, sir.... " Lol!:D You have to understand that sound is bad.

I'm probably not have properly installed your mod...

Honestly guys, it's working 100% perfect for me. With the exception of some really minor and inconspicuous things that I would prefer to remain unsaid until I talk with LJ next. LordJarhead created the perfect sound mod for me, and a lot of other users (it's not FOR me, but it's how I feel about it hahaha) because while not being totally accurate, it's so much more immersive and realistic than the crap BI sounds gave us with release. This soundmod should have been included with the final 1.00 release of ArmA, a LONG time ago. Realism in a military simulator is a must have factor, and LJ hit it spot on with the tools he has. The RV engine is not the most flexible thing in the world, so given this LJ did an amazing job. TONS of hours went into creating this mod, by LJ himself, the intern testers, scriptwriters, and helpful and kind advise givers.

L.J.

Thank you so much for the amazing sound mod, personally I can say it will not be replaced by any other full replacement sound mod because it provides the realism and sound quality I would expect from a AAA title! Not to mention, this isn't even the final state of the mod?! :D I can only dream of what can happen next from you, and the team.

The supersonic cracks are more than likely a problem with ArmA 3 itself, after trying this out for myself, the volume of the cracks is a little less that all of yours and sounds fine to me. :)

Best Regards,

Shadow

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Thanks for understanding. Yes, this is only language barrier.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

"yeah I will do, sir.... " Lol!:D You have to understand that sound is bad.

I'm probably not have properly installed your mod...

Mickey,

Try to get rid of the old JSRS, or move it somewhere else on your drive. Then go to your command line to launch your mods and see if the proper init code is there: like this "-mod=@DragonFyre" or whatever the name of the mod is. Make sure you are NOT running any other sound mod, well... My @RealSound aircraft mods are compatible, so as long as DFyre comes first it shouldn't really matter. Just be sure not to run both JSRS mods at once.