Just quickly created a new optional CFG so the Cracks and Snaps are less loud, same as the distance/range they get triggered in.

Thanks! Gonna try it out tomorrow. Are the server keys the same as previously or available for server admins?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Everything's great but I'm having issues with a couple of things. Unguided bombs seem to bug out and are silent sometimes, mostly at med-long distances and every once in a while I hear the vanilla sound instead. Also some of the bigger artillery sounds really quiet up close. At about 100m+ it sounds like I'm hearing it go off from a really far off distance. A normal grenade is about as loud at the same distance. Not sure if this is a bug or there's no audio for large explosions going off that close yet.

Aside from that I'm having a blast using this on support servers. Really great job.

I´m having a problem with echoes: everytime a fireweapon shoots, the firing sound is replayed 2 secs later, loud as the original shooting (it doesn´t feels like echo, it is just like firing sound loop), and on ambients that shouldn´t echo... on Altis, Zargabad, any map!

Overall the sounds are awesome, but this issue is quite immersion breaking... I´m using 128 sound sources, should I tweak this number or it really needs a hotfixing?

and no, I really like Echo and the Bunnymen =P

cheers, LJ!

Everything's great but I'm having issues with a couple of things. Unguided bombs seem to bug out and are silent sometimes, mostly at med-long distances and every once in a while I hear the vanilla sound instead. Also some of the bigger artillery sounds really quiet up close. At about 100m+ it sounds like I'm hearing it go off from a really far off distance. A normal grenade is about as loud at the same distance. Not sure if this is a bug or there's no audio for large explosions going off that close yet.

Aside from that I'm having a blast using this on support servers. Really great job.

I believe that has something with needing the eventhandlers for spawn ammuntion.

LJ, Your quieter sonic cracks are exactly what was needed. First time I tried to use the mod in a firefight I could not even hear the bullet impacts that's how loud the sonic cracks were. They would literally overpower everything on the battlefield.

With your fix it is really good now.

As mentioned before those would be some of the spawned rounds and gbus that I did not covered yet but will soon enough.

;2853171']I´m having a problem with echoes: everytime a fireweapon shoots' date=' the firing sound is replayed 2 secs later, loud as the original shooting (it doesn´t feels like echo, it is just like firing sound loop), and on ambients that shouldn´t echo... on Altis, Zargabad, any map!

Overall the sounds are awesome, but this issue is quite immersion breaking... I´m using 128 sound sources, should I tweak this number or it really needs a hotfixing?

and no, I really like Echo and the Bunnymen =P

[url']

[/url]

cheers, LJ!

Make a video of this please, cannot imagine what should causing this in DFyre. Some other mods involved?

DFyre is not designed for other mods, just cba. I have no time covering the rest of the community or check each mod with JSRS. That would be way to much...

LJ

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks mate,

Thought you wanted to mirror the RC4 as well now? And maybe you could update the license part, as I changed it heh. Sry again for the inconveniences...

LJ

Hi and thank you again!

Some feedback... Yes sonic cracks are too loud and I see it's been adressed. Main big expolsions (tanks exploding, bombs, missiles) are too weak and quiet. Small grenade explosions are louder than a GBU-12. I know it cant be changed anymore and it's only my opinion but almost all weapons sounds are too weak and lack bass. A weapon fired in first person should be a loud bang followed by the guns characteristic metallic sounds.

You still can't hear gun fire over 400 meters..... =/

Who? Me? No I can hear them, thanks, I'm fine ;)

LJ

Seriously, lets play a little game! If you have to report something, how about you go like this:

1: What mods do you run besides JSRS AND (!!!) CBA?

2: What version of CBA and ArmA3 do you have?

3: Development Branch or Stable version?

4: Hardware, specifically Headphones or Speaker and Stereo or 5.1/7.1?

And before you answer the seconds question, keep in mind that JSRS DFyre is designed to work on ArmA3 VANILLA and just CBA, I can`t cover any other mods, that would be a shit load of work!

Answer those 4 questions for me and I will have a cookie for you! ;)

This is not to make fun of anyone, this is REALLY shitty trouble shooting with "This is not working" statements... trust me, it is!

LJ

Oh and by some dramatically problem like yours, I think you could imagine this is on your end somewhere as there would be hundreds of such statements here already if I'd had silent weapons over 400 meters lol ;) Just saying heh. But we can figure it out, I'm sure! :)

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi and thank you again!

Some feedback... Yes sonic cracks are too loud and I see it's been adressed. Main big expolsions (tanks exploding, bombs, missiles) are too weak and quiet. Small grenade explosions are louder than a GBU-12. I know it cant be changed anymore and it's only my opinion but almost all weapons sounds are too weak and lack bass. A weapon fired in first person should be a loud bang followed by the guns characteristic metallic sounds.

+1

please LJ make explosions louder :D

Thought you wanted to mirror the RC4 as well now? And maybe you could update the license part, as I changed it heh. Sry again for the inconveniences... LJ

The Armaholic mirror is up and running mate. I just did not post it in this thread yet ;)

License I have just changed, forgot to change it.

PS: I noticed someone complainted about our file size so I checked it out.

For some weird reason 7z seems to compress any soundmod worse than any other file, cause most times 7z compresses a lot better. So..I changed our mirror to rar and now filesize is on par with yours ;)

;2853171']

Overall the sounds are awesome' date=' but this issue is quite immersion breaking... I´m using 128 sound sources, should I tweak this number or it really needs a hotfixing?

[/quote']

Like previous JSRS iterations you want to set the audio channels to max, so 128 that is.

I'm still puzzled why it's limited like that, with arma using mostly compressed sound files the reading rate of hdd/ssd can't be an issue,

even without specific audio hardware modern CPUs can easily handle playback of at least 512 channels at once or even more.

Same goes for the particle effects, somehow they're limited to an amount which is laughable with todays modern GPUs.

Did anyone test vehicle sounds yet? Kinda too amazed doing simple infantry settings, considering this being done by some ambitious dude in his spare time it's extremely amazing.

Cheers!

Silly question, do I need HW support to get 128 channels working or is it done on the CPU?

/KC

We just did a test with two of us and these are the issues we faced:

- Reverb off small buildings seems to cut off around 40-45 metres. Its very jarring when it suddenly cuts off.

- There is no generic reverb or reverb from the hills and its really noticeable not having that distance bounce of the noise compared to 2.2.

- The guns sound very quiet when fired by the other person. At 25metres if they aren't shooting directly at you then without the crack its hard to know they are firing at all.

- The grenades when thrown first person sound fine, but to other people on the server they sound muffled, under water and far away. This occurs with RGOs and M203s.

- The sonic cracks were a little loud but I see that has been fixed.

Certain things were really good like the reverb itself, but the apparent randomness is jarring and the differences from perspective are also problematic. Hope that helps.

The Armaholic mirror is up and running mate. I just did not post it in this thread yet ;)

License I have just changed, forgot to change it.

PS: I noticed someone complainted about our file size so I checked it out.

For some weird reason 7z seems to compress any soundmod worse than any other file, cause most times 7z compresses a lot better. So..I changed our mirror to rar and now filesize is on par with yours ;)

Thanks mate ;)

LJ

Make a video of this please, cannot imagine what should causing this in DFyre. Some other mods involved?

DFyre is not designed for other mods, just cba. I have no time covering the rest of the community or check each mod with JSRS. That would be way to much... LJ

LJ, many mods involved (cus I can´t play vanilla A3 lol)... but I´ve kinda pinpointed my issue: vanilla or modded weapons that inherit vanilla sounds (cus DragonFyre mods vanilla sounds, duh) like MAssi´s... IN SCRIPT HEAVY MISSIONS... it seems those missions (like Whole Lotta Altis, Endurance, BECTI, etc) takes its tolls on my old machine and as everything usually lags on those mission, so does the echoes and they play like loops, probably DFyre scripts are affected and the echoes end up playing loud and like a 2 sec later loop!

I´ll investigate more and make a video with the issue, but I can now attest that playing on VR Arsenal and "light missions" - those without too many AI and heavy scriptings - the echoes play nice... so let it be clear that DFyre may have faulty echoes on laggier/script heavy missions (and older machines)... and when playing loaded savedgames of performance heavy missions!

Cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2854010']LJ' date=' many mods involved (cus I can´t play vanilla A3 lol)... but I´ve kinda pinpointed my issue: vanilla or modded weapons that inherit vanilla sounds (cus DragonFyre mods vanilla sounds, duh) like MAssi´s... IN SCRIPT HEAVY MISSIONS... it seems those missions (like Whole Lotta Altis, Endurance, BECTI, etc) takes its tolls on my old machine and as everything usually lags on those mission, so does the echoes and they play like loops, probably DFyre scripts are affected and the echoes end up playing loud and like a 2 sec later loop!

I´ll investigate more and make a video with the issue, but I can now attest that playing on VR Arsenal and "light missions" - those without too many AI and heavy scriptings - the echoes play nice... so let it be clear that DFyre may have faulty echoes on laggier/script heavy missions (and older machines)... and when playing loaded savedgames of performance heavy missions!

Cheers![/quote']

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I can't really help you on this. I myself have a decent system but honestly never play highly scripted, large battle, massive AI missions, just some random generated AI cluster fucks hehe

How long has Dragonfyre been released?! How could I miss this?! Honestly...

I dont know, I invited half the world to the release party, and the rest came anyways. Dont know where you've been... :P

LJ

How long has Dragonfyre been released?! How could I miss this?! Honestly...

Don't worry about it mate - I've slept through a couple of awesome parties in my time! :)

- The grenades when thrown first person sound fine, but to other people on the server they sound muffled, under water and far away. This occurs with RGOs and M203s.

I can confirm that (running Arma 3 stable with CBA, and no other mods on a dedicated server)