Also, one other thing I've noticed - the environment sounds seem to be really quiet. I put the wind up to 100% and it's completely silent (and yet the grass and trees are swaying around like there's a hurricane). I also can't seem to hear (or at least not very easily) any of the ambient sounds either (e.g. coast_Day.wss or Meadow_Day.wss). I know it sounds odd but I actually really like hearing these sorts of sounds (I guess it adds to the immersion), so when they're not there it's really noticeable. Tested on Altis.

I noticed that as well. With JSRS2.2 the environment sounds were much more noticeable, giving the game a more 'natural' feel. They're not really missing, as they're obviously there, but there's certainly some room for fine tuning there. :)

@LJ sorry if this has been asked before, but are you planning to reduce the volume of the sonic crack when you are shot at by enemy fire? All the sounds are great, but i just find that one sound to be alot louder than the rest.

Or is there a way i can reduce it myself? Thanks

Are the reverberation/enhanced soundscape (L_ES) files not separate PBOs? I would like the ability to disable the reverb for gun sounds (e.g. indoor gun reverb) by removing the related PBO. With JSRS2 I'm pretty sure I could just remove one of the PBOs to disable this, but with DFyre it looks like I have to disable "dyfyre_s_core.pbo" in order to do so (which also disables alot of other really good sounds - such as grenades/explosions etc).

The beauty of L_ES was that I could apply it on top of any sound mod if I wanted it. DFyre, on the other hand, seems to force L_ES into the sound mod - whether I want it or not. Any chance you could separate the intern L_ES stuff into a separate PBO module for those that don't want it?

Also, one other thing I've noticed - the environment sounds seem to be really quiet. I put the wind up to 100% and it's completely silent (and yet the grass and trees are swaying around like there's a hurricane). I also can't seem to hear (or at least not very easily) any of the ambient sounds either (e.g. coast_Day.wss or Meadow_Day.wss). I know it sounds odd but I actually really like hearing these sorts of sounds (I guess it adds to the immersion), so when they're not there it's really noticeable. Tested on Altis.

Ok, rant over. Apart from that, I like what I'm hearing so far ;)

I haven't noticed any of that, granted I haven't used Stratis or Altis, I've tried it on Porto, Sahrani and Avgani and all of them have very noticable wind sounds, in fact you get quite a sensation that it's windy wherever you are when it crops up, especially if a storm is rolling in.

Honestly, the indoor modulation doesn't really have much of a performance hit for me, and I'm running it on a modest 980 black edition quad core. It's the outdoor sonic echoes off of buildings, etc and the way it seems to be handled that causes problems for me. Not to mention that I would say the indoor explosive/gun sounds are some of my favorite aspects of the mod, they add so much to the atmosphere and intensity of CQB.

@LJ sorry if this has been asked before, but are you planning to reduce the volume of the sonic crack when you are shot at by enemy fire? All the sounds are great, but i just find that one sound to be alot louder than the rest.

Or is there a way i can reduce it myself? Thanks

I agree, I play with Arma at about 30% volume and I often get clipping with the loud bullet cracks. They're way louder than my own gun or the guns around me.

jqp4qNK.png

I agree with this also. But on a positive note you've done a great job. Really like the cracks and pops reminds me of Restrepo :cool:. The movement sfx have vastly improved. The indoor debris sfx are very nice, certainly adds to the CQB experience.

Great stuff :cool:.

Just wanted to say fantastic work. I tried this in coop yesterday and the distant sounds in particular are terrific. Great stuff.

Hi LJ

Ran a few Hetman War Stories missions with DragonFyre alone & with a dozen other mods - I can't praise you enough :)

Great sounds, & the sonic cracks are indeed scary as others have noted.

Whether standalone or with other mods, there are no errors in my RPTs. Implementation is truly excellent.

Cheers

Orc

Downloading now... great work as always :)

Where are you noticing this problem?

It's well known that A3 has a limitation when it comes to total sound channels available, and if you have a shitload of sounds going, that's going to cause some of them to basically be culled.

This increases with mods such as JSRS because you have not only the regular sounds, but scripts that generate things such as the sonic cracks and the sonic echoes off of buildings, distance sounds etc.

So for each round fired, you're looking at your sound channel budget shrinking quickly in spots of heavy action.

thanks for your reply , this happening when in an intense firefight ( face2face with enemy ) i get FPS drops ( i got 10 just now likely in every firefight with JSRS3 and CBA installed only ) and i can't hear my rifle sound when sonic cracks kicks because they are louder than an 2000lb bomb even louder any other sound in the mod but im getting used to it thats okay and if someone knows a way to decrease the volume of the sonic cracks i would kiss him in the nose :D

I always thought that subsonic ammunition was used when firing a silenced weapon, its not very silent if you hear a sonic crack ;-)

A common misconception. Shooting sub-sonic 5.56 can cause all kinds of problems because the round wasn't designed for that. Other rounds, like 9mm or .300 are much more consistent and quiet, although something like 9mm won't go very far or have much energy. Even .300 Blackout has a limited accurate range compared to .308 or 6.5 (or even 5.56).

Just because the crack isn't silent doesn't make a suppressor worthless. If someone is snapping a round over your head, you know to get down, but you don't necessarily know where to shoot back, and at night, you won't see the flash to shoot back at.

HotFix

Just quickly created a new optional CFG so the Cracks and Snaps are less loud, same as the distance/range they get triggered in.

DIRECT LINK

Thanks,

LJ

EDIT:

Added OPTIONALDOWNLOADS so if more downloads are coming I'll keep updating the frontpage. Overall opinions are welcome, if you like this tweak, I'll add it to the next full release.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

HotFix

Just quickly created a new optional CFG so the Cracks and Snaps are less loud, same as the distance/range they get triggered in.

DIRECT LINK

Thanks,

LJ

EDIT:

Added OPTIONALDOWNLOADS so if more downloads are coming I'll keep updating the frontpage. Overall opinions are welcome, if you like this tweak, I'll add it to the next full release.

LJ

Awesome thankyou! Now if we could get the environment sounds a little louder i would say the mod is finished... imo anyway

... Version removed

Edited by Sonsalt6

Copy, yanking the update, should I make it available as an individual mod ?

Copy, yanking the update, should I make it available as an individual mod ?

Nah, I think its good for now if its just available here. If people like it I will add it to the final full pack. This is more like a "What people like" test and I will add more optionals over time ;) Thanks tho!

LJ

Less loud sonic cracks are really much appreciated

this mod is incredible-the first time i fired an AGM from attack heli!oh that "crump boosh!"sound! its so good thank you