I'll be sure to do that..

thats kind of you ...

thats kind of you ...

Look - you need to stop all this tit-for-tat crap in this thread.

If you were clear in your first post, then I wouldn't have asked you anything.

Now be on your way and I'll be on mine.

The power of this mod coupled with blastcore is insane! enjoy the video and thank Jarhead for making such a beauty of a mod!:yay:

im getting huge FPS drops during firefight with JSRS3: DF RC4 installed also i can't hear my rifle in an open firefight is this normal? i hope LJ fix it asap

Where are you noticing this problem?

It's well known that A3 has a limitation when it comes to total sound channels available, and if you have a shitload of sounds going, that's going to cause some of them to basically be culled.

This increases with mods such as JSRS because you have not only the regular sounds, but scripts that generate things such as the sonic cracks and the sonic echoes off of buildings, distance sounds etc.

So for each round fired, you're looking at your sound channel budget shrinking quickly in spots of heavy action.

The power of this mod coupled with blastcore is insane! enjoy the video and thank Jarhead for making such a beauty of a mod!:yay:

Seeing the last round getting dropped (perfectly btw) upon the enemy, that explosion is a vanilla sound. I must have missed those explosions of GBU I guess :X Ok, it gets on the list ;)

Where are you noticing this problem?

It's well known that A3 has a limitation when it comes to total sound channels available, and if you have a shitload of sounds going, that's going to cause some of them to basically be culled.

This increases with mods such as JSRS because you have not only the regular sounds, but scripts that generate things such as the sonic cracks and the sonic echoes off of buildings, distance sounds etc.

So for each round fired, you're looking at your sound channel budget shrinking quickly in spots of heavy action.

All sounds of others shooting, explosions, snaps and cracks are "louder" then the own rifle sounds. So when many things are going on, the limiter sorts out the sounds that are not as loud as others. Means: Snaps, Explosions and other people shooting has always a higher priority as you own gun firing. Which makes sense, you KNOW you fire your gun, so in a situation where the world kinda ends its better to hear a snap telling you to take cover instead of your own Rambo like shooting behavior ;) That was at least my thought...

LJ

Wow! For the first time I can now pinpoint individual shooters in complex urban areas in heavy gunfights -thats huge. Before I always just heard shooting all around me but had to literally turn left to right to 'hone in' on the shooter. For some reason tanks, helos etc.. always could locate no problem.

Anyhows, simply audio-gasmic now :)

So does that really work? I might have to check that out.

Yeah, see above comment to a happy new user of Razer Surround ;)

Come back to tell how it is :)

@LJ

I will say that your mod has increased my situational awareness exponentially, now when I hear shots I more or less know EXACTLY where they're coming from, no more second guessing if you're surrounded and being fired at and who is the most dangerous threat at a given moment.

I love this mod! :D

But I noticed that the crash sounds for the cars doesn´t work all the time. Sometimes there is no sound.

Yeah, see above comment to a happy new user of Razer Surround ;)

Come back to tell how it is :)

Is it designed to work only for headphones or for speakers as well? I tried Googling it and I thought it was saying it was only for headphones.

i noticed that there is not sound for GBU at all or am i worng?

I love this mod! :D

But I noticed that the crash sounds for the cars doesn´t work all the time. Sometimes there is no sound.

Thats an engine thing, not my soundmod. The sounds are there and fine. The engine does not seem to place them on each crash, they place one and before you hear the next crash sound the game "waits" until the complete sound has been played first...

LJ

i noticed that there is not sound for GBU at all or am i worng?

Dude, just a few posts above yours ;) :

Seeing the last round getting dropped (perfectly btw) upon the enemy, that explosion is a vanilla sound. I must have missed those explosions of GBU I guess :X Ok, it gets on the list ;)

Wow! For the first time I can now pinpoint individual shooters in complex urban areas in heavy gunfights -thats huge. Before I always just heard shooting all around me but had to literally turn left to right to 'hone in' on the shooter. For some reason tanks, helos etc.. always could locate no problem.

Anyhows, simply audio-gasmic now :)

Is it designed to work only for headphones or for speakers as well? I tried Googling it and I thought it was saying it was only for headphones.

The best effect you have doubtless with Headphones. Dont know how its with speakers, but think it would be senseless if you only have 2 speakers

You need to research what the sonic crack is. Then you will realise that as the shooter you will not hear the breaking of the sound barrier as a bullet passes you because you're firing it thus the sonic boom is actually travelling infront of you.

Yes, I own a number of firearms myself, and even a couple high power PCP air-rifles that are capable of going supersonic. With a suppressor on them, the only thing you even hear is the crack. I'm coming at this as someone with plenty of understanding and experience. Either you have little to no experience, or something else has convinced you of it, but you are basically implying that the actual point of origin of sound would have to travel into your ear to hear something, which is hilarious because if that were true then you would hear nothing at all. Sound is the vibration of particles through a medium, and the beautiful thing is that it travels (particles bumping into particles), not in a straight line, but everywhere. I'm not saying a firearm should sound the same from the shooting position as it does from in front of the muzzle, because it shouldn't, but to say you don't hear a crack and it's echo, reverb, etc. from the shooting position is just wrong.

Have you ever taken say a .22LR and shot both super and sub-sonic ammo? There is a huge difference in sound, most noticeably from the added crack, and you don't have to stand in front of the muzzle to hear it.

Edited by DGeorge85

I am having trouble with the Serverkey on our dedicated. As soon as I add it, the server refuses to start!

Yes, I own a number of firearms myself, and even a couple high power PCP air-rifles that are capable of going supersonic. With a suppressor on them, the only thing you even hear is the crack. I'm coming at this as someone with plenty of understanding and experience. Either you have little to no experience, or something else has convinced you of it, but you are basically implying that the actual point of origin of sound would have to travel into your ear to hear something, which is hilarious because if that were true then you would hear nothing at all. Sound is the vibration of particles through a medium, and the beautiful thing is that it travels (particles bumping into particles), not in a straight line, but everywhere. I'm not saying a firearm should sound the same from the shooting position as it does from in front of the muzzle, because it shouldn't, but to say you don't hear a crack and it's echo, reverb, etc. from the shooting position is just wrong.

Have you ever taken say a .22LR and shot both super and sub-sonic ammo? There is a huge difference in sound, most noticeably from the added crack, and you don't have to stand in front of the muzzle to hear it.

I'm coming at this as someone with 4 years infantry experience in the Australian Army, so yeah I've fired a few firearms myself.

A sonic boom travels in the wake of the bullet, you don't stand in the wake of the bullet. Least I fucking hope not. From my experience ( and I can only talk as someone who has fired F89, F88, Mag58, an old Lee Enfield and some pistols) I have never heard the kind of crack you're talking about.

The reason you're hearing these cracks with a .22 is that a .22 is so fucking quiet to begin with you can actually discern that crack from the actual shot itself, a .223/5.56 with non subsonic ammunition even suppressed isn't going to be quiet enough for you to discern the same crack that you get from your air rifles or .22s.

Edited by Linkage

Yeah all good and logical, I know about that either. But now please explain me how to simulate that properly ingame... ;) other then that the rifle it selve is way too loud. And we don't talk about .22LR hehe

Why Armaholic version is 2 Gb and FTP, TORRENT version are 1,7 Gb ??

Good question. There shouldn't be a difference, but I think they unpacked it, added their own files like PWS files or Armholic text files and when they pack it again, but not as compressed as I did here. Just a wild guess :p

LJ

I'm coming at this as someone with 4 years infantry experience in the Australian Army, so yeah I've fired a few firearms myself.

A sonic boom travels in the wake of the bullet, you don't stand in the wake of the bullet. Least I fucking hope not. From my experience ( and I can only talk as someone who has fired F89, F88, Mag58, an old Lee Enfield and some pistols) I have never heard the kind of crack you're talking about.

The reason you're hearing these cracks with a .22 is that a .22 is so fucking quiet to begin with you can actually discern that crack from the actual shot itself, a .223/5.56 with non subsonic ammunition even suppressed isn't going to be quiet enough for you to discern the same crack that you get from your air rifles or .22s.

I used supersonic air rifles and .22LR purposely to prove a point since your first statement was made that, as the shooter, the crack is not heard because it's moving away, but now you are basically conceding my point and say that with larger cartridges it's just not noticeable. That argument could go on forever, but in my experience a supersonic crack plays a significant role in the overall sound signature of small arms, even from the shooters position.

In general I don't think we can deny, especially in certain landscapes, that a sonic crack plays a role in the overall sound signature of a firearm. In fact, I've been in situations, since the source of the crack (bullet) is moving, that I can hear the continuous echoes of it "travelling" as well. If I were standing blindfolded with someone firing in multiple directions I would no doubt be able to tell which direction each shot was fired by tuning in to the sound and echos of the crack. Of course the muzzle blast is echoing as well, but muzzle blast is a stationary sound source and I can personally tell the difference between it and it's echoes vs. a sonic crack and it's echoes. With everything said, our disagreement must come from our varying audio perception and our abilities to discern simultaneous sounds.

Yeah all good and logical, I know about that either. But now please explain me how to simulate that properly ingame... ;) other then that the rifle it selve is way too loud. And we don't talk about .22LR hehe

Haha, I'll never claim to know the answers, and in case I did, I didn't mean to imply that achieving what I'm talking about would be simple. In fact, I think the best solution lies in the gun sounds themselves and keeping them as the only thing heard from 1st person since you have already just about perfected the general effects. With all the addon weapons that is hardly within the scope of a single sound mod, but if there were a simple and effective way to add to the completeness of 1st person firing by scripting the sonic crack+ it's own echo effects accurately, that would be cool.

Edited by DGeorge85

His point is that when firing a rifle suppressed, most of the noise you hear from a (let's say) .308 and lower is the bolt cycling and the sonic crack of the round as it leaves the barrel. He's not talking about firing all of the weapons you mentioned in an unsuppressed config. Unsuppressed, I agree, it's very hard to hear the snap unless you have reverb from other surroundings.

But, as LJ says:

Getting it to work "realistically" is much harder in game. I've found that some of Toadie's suppressed weapons and how RHS did it with their M4s kind of meets it in the middle by increasing the volume. Probably not the effect LJ wanted to do. And I can totally live with that and enjoy his excellent addon.

His point is that when firing a rifle suppressed, most of the noise you hear from a (let's say) .308 and lower is the bolt cycling and the sonic crack of the round as it leaves the barrel.

I always thought that subsonic ammunition was used when firing a silenced weapon, its not very silent if you hear a sonic crack ;-)

just bin playing around with this and rhs and that is so nice know driving a tank and the when the shooting starts amazing

Are the reverberation/enhanced soundscape (L_ES) files not separate PBOs? I would like the ability to disable the reverb for gun sounds (e.g. indoor gun reverb) by removing the related PBO. With JSRS2 I'm pretty sure I could just remove one of the PBOs to disable this, but with DFyre it looks like I have to disable "dyfyre_s_core.pbo" in order to do so (which also disables alot of other really good sounds - such as grenades/explosions etc).

The beauty of L_ES was that I could apply it on top of any sound mod if I wanted it. DFyre, on the other hand, seems to force L_ES into the sound mod - whether I want it or not. Any chance you could separate the intern L_ES stuff into a separate PBO module for those that don't want it?

Also, one other thing I've noticed - the environment sounds seem to be really quiet. I put the wind up to 100% and it's completely silent (and yet the grass and trees are swaying around like there's a hurricane). I also can't seem to hear (or at least not very easily) any of the ambient sounds either (e.g. coast_Day.wss or Meadow_Day.wss). I know it sounds odd but I actually really like hearing these sorts of sounds (I guess it adds to the immersion), so when they're not there it's really noticeable. Tested on Altis.

Ok, rant over. Apart from that, I like what I'm hearing so far ;)