Congrats on the release! :)

I was coming to say that at mission load JSRS3 took my frames from 93 to 40 compared to 2.2. I was scurrying around trying to figure out what the hell was going on and found out my GPU was temporarily stuck in 2D mode (low clocks and voltage). What a crazy coincidence, lol. All is fine here and I'm absolutely loving the changes so far. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

New mod v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/8a631a89-5cf1-4f32-a840-baa0a4d1a7fb/logos/banner-420x120.png

@LordJarhead;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you! Why 04 tho? Its RC4 but I guess you can't get the RC instead of the 0. right? :P Well its fine.

LJ

Thank you! Why 04 tho? Its RC4 but I guess you can't get the RC instead of the 0. right? :P Well its fine.

LJ

Always at your service.

Yes, our versioning only allows for numbers, however we can do branches too like alpha and beta if that is desired.

Best regards

Always at your service.

Yes, our versioning only allows for numbers, however we can do branches too like alpha and beta if that is desired.

Best regards

Thanks, I guess its ok this way. Updated my posted license on PWS too.

LJ

Nice mod, but I have some questions

1. Are the gun mechanisms supposed to be heard in 3p view or is it something wrong on my side?

2. The supersonic crack cone is very wide, basically standing anywhere that's on the "dangerous" side of the muzzle seems to sound as it the shots were going directly at you and at the exact same volume regardless of distance. Is this intended or just a bug?

Talking about many things going on, whats the actual framerate in that moment? Anything going down under 30, lets say 20/15 FPS will cause scripts to trigger their sounds even slower. JSRS3 is not a light weight tbh, its a 'though to keep alive' mod!

LJ

That's more or less the conclusion I've come to, I think it's directly tied to framerate, because when I'm testing it out on a relatively empty terrain, it doesn't do that.

I think my system just doesn't have the juice because sometimes the supersonic echo doesn't lag and sometimes it does.

Looks like I may have to buy a new system before I can fully appreciate what this has to offer, but it is quite good, I must say.

And I do consistently notice that the phenomena takes place when I'm near buildings, it definitely sounds like sort of a dynamic echo type thing that my system just can't handle when I'm in the thick of a very active area.

I also might want to note that it's particularly noticeable when I'm using ALiVE with the CQB module and there are quite a number of AI spawn points active or activating, obviously.

Edited by Pd3

You stated that this release is not compatible with other sound mods so... will using @CUP cause any problems ?

CUP is using the sounds from LordJardhead's JSRS 1.5 from Arma 2. This is without any sort of scripting, just using the sounds, so yeah, they are compatible.

LJ, I'm glad you decided to allow people to mirror your amazing mod on their preferred download sites. I understand the concern you must have about people downloading the wrong versions and such, so I'm glad you're willing to work with these people to put the proper links in your post.

I only had 10 minutes to try out the new version, but it was excellent, and based on the videos you've posted in the past months I know I'm in for a lot more amazing experiences.

Hey, that's my image that you stole from reddit and posted without my consent ;)

Yup, I'm a thief of the worst kind. lol. :P

I'll echo what our Saiyan friend says here though. Really thankful you took a thoughtful look at it, and even more that it wasn't entirely intentional.

I will say that when you see some people getting angry or upset about things like this... try to look at it from a different angle before you let it ruin your attitude. These guys wouldn't be upset if they weren't so passionate about the work you do. It's awesome and they know it. Otherwise they wouldn't be here. Keep it up dude. Thanks a ton.

I'm using JSRS2.2 right now,whether need I delete the JSRS2.2 or I can load both 2.2 and 3 in Arma3?

I'm using JSRS2.2 right now,whether need I delete the JSRS2.2 or I can load both 2.2 and 3 in Arma3?

By what I'm reading this release is entirely standalone. 2.x should be obsolete and removed/disabled from your modset.

Awesome work, Jarhead. Your work has given me hours and hours and hours of constant eargasm. Wishin' ya better health and recovery from your crunch. Donation incoming.

- C

By what I'm reading this release is entirely standalone. 2.x should be obsolete and removed/disabled from your modset.

Awesome work, Jarhead. Your work has given me hours and hours and hours of constant eargasm. Wishin' ya better health and recovery from your crunch. Donation incoming.

- C

Thanks for the help,I will try it later.

Keep both if you frequently play servers that allow mods. I'm sure it'll take some time before most servers have the new mod keyed up.

But don't run both at the same time. Will break all kinds of things, I'm sure.

Wow this mod is incredible! ive been a HUGE fan since the ARMA 2 days. I can say you have come A LONG way to where you are now! it is simply incredible! i have made a video on what the mod coupled with blastcore is like which i will post in a little while!

Wow this has simply changed the game for me on a massive scale. Fire fights sound absolutely AMAZING! The variety, the sound choice and volume of bullet impacts around the player are incredibly well done and extremely intense. Cracks and flybys are also a massive improvement. My situational awareness has improved hugely because you're general stereo mix and volumes are top notch! I'm no longer guessing where bullets are coming from. Even the rain sounds stunning.

I salute you Dennis for you are a true master of your craft.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Keep both if you frequently play servers that allow mods. I'm sure it'll take some time before most servers have the new mod keyed up.

But don't run both at the same time. Will break all kinds of things, I'm sure.

I think I know your mean.In fact I'm running a private server,so that means if I changed the server side JSRS2.X to JSRS3.0,I don't need the old versions at all if i only play on my own server,right?

For those wondering what I was referring to, this is a simple direct audio recording (lossy quality is due to vocaroo)

This occurs when I'm running script heavy stuff such as ALiVE and many ai all active at once. Pretty sure it's just my system not being able to keep up.

Funny thing is that firing from indoors does not experience this, only when standing near obstacles such as buildings/walls.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dEh59YAt5l

Alright, there's no release thread without some bugs to report.

I'm getting distance audio for explosions at pretty close range i.e within 300-400meters. I can tell because there's lots of echo and very little bass. I understand giving explosions a distance script was tough, but I think it does need some more tweaking.

Ok wow!

WOW!!!!

The bullet cracks and explosions are better than anything I've ever heard.

This is bloody awesome. Thank you so much.

CUP is using the sounds from LordJardhead's JSRS 1.5 from Arma 2. This is without any sort of scripting, just using the sounds, so yeah, they are compatible.

There are alot of rpt errors when using both.

Thanks LJ!

@BIS: Make this man part of your sound crew.

/KC

A quick feedback,I just delete the JSRS2.X and added the 3.0 on our private server and all players in my unit had changed to JSRS3.0.We have a quick test mission and enjoyed the new sound effect with no error so far.So maybe we should use the 3.0 without 2.X still load,but maybe I need more tests.

............... WOW, so a bunch of people bitch about the slow download speed and the no mirror clause.. but im singled out about it and told to get out.. your all too funny, so I laughed out loud. i shall go no where as i have done nothing wrong. thanks for the mod though shall enjoy it thoroughly! I never said i didnt appreciate your hard work. again though, big suprise on being singled out for saying the same thing that several others have... again, lol at that ... off too play the game, thanks again! :)

Edited by Lordprimate

tested it for few minutes and i'm already loving it. GOOD JOB!!