JSRS3: DragonFyre by JSRS-Studios.com
Dfyre_trans.png
VERSION: DFyre - Version 2.01 (Update) --------------- RELEASE: 07. November 2015
THE NEW LITE VERSION IS THE NEW FULL VERSION JSRS3 DragonFyre 2.01

THIS IS A NEW MOD. PLEASE DO NOT MIX IT WITH ANY OLDER RELEASE
OTHERWISE YOU WILL RUN INTO PROBLEMS

JSRS3 - DragonFyre 2 Release HERE:

JSRS-Studios Download Servers

JSRS3 DragonFyre 2.0 BASEFILE

JSRS3 DragonFyre 2.01 UPDATE

news_download_a3_3.png
JSRS3: DragonFyre 2.0 v2.01

banner-420x120.png

CHANGELOG:

DragonFyre 2.01 Update:

• Tweaked sound samples of all handheld weapons
  • Decreased BaseCore bass lvl lowFreq eq
  • Tweaked Cyrus BaseCore high pitch
  • Fixed ABR18 (EBR) BaseCore offset
  • Fixed offset of BaseDist sound samples
  • Added BaseTail meadow reflections from hills
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for DistantSound
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for various engine noises
  • Tweaked Jet distance values for audible engine noises
  • Tweaked volume values of weapons - handheld
  • Fixed Gau8 double sound - Still remains

DragonFyre 2.0 Release:

• Various Volume changes throughout every single config file
  • Environment sounds decreased for a more dynamic range between loud and silent sounds
  • Explosions got tweaked a little. Mostly volume and distant tweaks
  • Movement volume tweaks
  • Soniccracks got decreased on further distances while close calls are stil loud
  • Helicopters got tweaked in volume and distances
  • Jets got tweaked in volume and distances
  • Tanks got tweaked in volume. Vehicles have a quieter volume int and ext
  • Wheeled vehicles got tweaked to fit the tracked vehicles volume levels
  • Most vehicles got decreased in volume due to dynamic range
  • Most new engine sounds got muffled a little bit to decrease high EQ sounds
  • All weapon configs got tweaked and every single entry got changed
  • All vehicle weapons support environmental tails now, forests, meadows, houses
  • All weapons have distance sounds by config now
  • Weapons have different tails and echoes wiht and without silencers
  • Vehicle weapons have distance sounds
  • Everything runs script free so far
  • Using config tricks most effects of the scripted version got implemented
  • Interior sounds, Tails and reverbs fitting their environment, distance sounds
  • Over 400+ new sound effects got added to simulate distance-sounds and tails
  • Super performance due to ZERO scripting
  • No loss of performance with virtually almost the same quality
  • All working in multiplayer
  • Multiple Volume tweaks
  • Stereotweaks
  • Vehicle Engine sound tweaks
  • Distance tweaks
  • Fixed RPTs

FACTS:

400+ new sound files, 3815 sounds in total
Unpacked size around 3,4GB, over 1GB less than the scripted
Packed in 4 Minutes into a 1.7GB .rar

README:

What is JSRS3 DragonFyre?

JSRS3 DragonFyre is a sound modification for ArmA3. The purpose of this modification is to bring new sounds to the game, making it more exciting. Many would say it makes the game much more realistic, but that is not the initial purpose of this modification. Even if some sounds are very authentic to what we call "modern warfare" still the main purpose was just to create a certain type of sound feeling.

What are the overall features of this mod?

The mod adds over a few thousand new sounds to the game, most ingame sounds are exchanged by these.
Since this was the old so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS3 DragonFyre version, it does not uses any scripts, making it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons anymore.

Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect version of a game changing soundmod.

How to install this mod?

The mod comes in a ready to use status. You dont have to install anything by setup. All you would have to do is to download and open the .rar file. In there, you can find the @DragonFyre folder. Now you place this folder inside your ArmA3 main folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@DragonFyre Once its in there you have multiple options now. Either you start up the game, go under settings inthe "expansions" menu and select the mod and restart ArmA3. Or you use the integrated ArmA3 launcher that you can find in the ArmA3 main folder, go under parameters and select DragonFyre under mods. Any other ways to install this mod would be nonsense and these two are the best ways, trust me.

Some releases may contain a DragonFyreLITE folder still. Don`t worry, thats subject to change

What do I required to run this mod?

What is important to note is that JSRS3 DragonFyre do NOT need CBA anymore. Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version and not on DevBranch. If you use stable thats the only version I can determine issues and problems with as the DevBranch is a "change on the fly" ArmA3 version that can cause problems all the time. If I`d fix these problems, it might cause issues on the stable version. So I only can support one of the two version. Keep that in mind.

Who I would like to thank!

Thanks goes to the helpers that have helped me alongside the development to realize this project and made this mod what it is today. Greetings go out to Yokhanan, LAxmann, Bakerman and all the internal testers that reported problems during the test phase of JSRS2. Thanks to those people, I was able to release such a stable version of JSRS3 DragonFyre/LITE.

Also I'd like to thank my girlfriend Francisca for helping and supporting me all the time! I love you so much, Francisca!

So, any feedback would be nice. And please report any bugs you might find. Not tested in MP so far. But it should work fine as there are no scripts at all this time.

Older Versions:

HELLO

I've been thinking for this release in a long time now, so here it is.
It is a SP-Only release. This means, this mod does not support Multiplayer mode for now.
But this will be the case in future releases. So I hope you like it so far.

Just keep that in mind please!
AGAIN:
It is a SP-Only release. This means, this mod does not support Multiplayer mode for now.
The mod is NOT Final!

NEW/UPDATEDFEATURES

Let me point out some new features that are working right now in this Singleplayer Release:

First, all distant sounds are working. Weapons and explosions. Also the directional environment detection
is working great. Combined with the new tail system created by BIS I was able to archive some real cool effects.

Besides all the scripting part, the mod includes 9300 new sound effects. RC4 is a old and dusty version compared to this one.
All vehicles got reworked and new mixed, finished with stereo interior sounds so you can easily pinpoint in a vehicle
where the engine is located for example. Also there are new sounds for offroading and general velocity and damper effects.

New jet sounds, most have seen them in the videos, are coming along great as well. The new engine, wind, speed and velocity
effects add a really intense immersion towards flying a war machine like these three beauties.

Tanks, MRAPS, Trucks, Cars, all got new engine sounds, tire effects, tracks effects, turning turret sounds, interior reloading
sounds and many more. Driving a tank sounds like driving one now. All the MRAPS and heavy Trucks have some powerful
V6 - V8 turbo diesel engine sounds so they sound as powerful as they are like.

The environment got updated. A forest is sounding deep and with birds and wind in its trees. A meadow is flat and quiet,
houses buzz slightly from their air conditioners. The rain is ripples on the ground, the trees, the windshield of your vehicle.

The new soniccracks pitch harsh around your head, demand you to take cover and make you easily locate the shooters
position. The firing sound of weapons in and outside of buildings does also allow a specific identification of the weapon.

All in all, this is my absolute best sound mod I ever come up with and I'm here to share it with you guys!

And if you guys go like this, drop me some feedback :)

I really hope you like it :) But even if you do, dont hesitate to report any bugs, RPT's or general feedback.
Tho, the part with the feedback is always tricky, as I mostly just go for my own feeling with these sounds hehe.

Have a lot of fun guys! And I promise you it wont take forever before we can load this thing up for the multiplayer and get really started! :)

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
DOWNLOADS

This mod requires Community Base Addons to work!

THIS IS A NEW MOD. PLEASE DONT MIX THIS WITH ANY OLDER RELEASE
OTHERWISE YOU WILL RUN INTO SEVERE PROBLEMS

Small update for JSRS/RHS compatibility by Pepe Hal

Download Link 1
(JSRS-Studios)

Download Link 2
(Mega)

Download Link 3
(Mega)

news_download_a3_3.png
JSRS3 DragonFyre SP v1.0

required_addons.png
Community Base addons A3

README File

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
LATESTVIDEOS

2D2Q1HHy3ys

qKL8JOviVvY

ugCYoIdCkC8

4KalpAthJy8

K1yyoK5fuGM

XRbvCOdVqW4

THANKYOU
Yokhanan
LAxemann
ParadoxParadoxon
The JSRS Intern Testers
Bohemia Interactive
Everyone involved in the development
Special thanks goes to my girlfriend Francisca:
Thank you for being at my side, your support and your love! I LOVE YOU!

ISSUEREPORT
Found something? Let me know here in the thread or by email:
lordjarhead@jsrs-studios.com

The way you should report an issue:
1: What mods do you run besides JSRS AND (!!!) CBA?
2: What version of CBA and ArmA3 do you have?
3: Development Branch or Stable version?
4: Hardware, specifically Headphones or Speaker and Stereo or 5.1/7.1?

Also, you might want to set up your Speaker system/5.1 system perfectly.
Its not like plug and play with this mod. You need perfect centered speakers.

Example:

example.jpg

And on another note, keep the vote beneath in mind before you post: This includes low volume explosions,
Virtual Arty, Zeus, some GBU rounds and others:

Due to spawned explosions there are very muffled sounds for them, as we pointed out
many times before, thats what we need this voted to be successful:
[url="http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19734"]Add the possibility of adding eventhandlers to ammunitions defined in cfgAmmo[/URL]
This would help me to realize certain features in JSRS DragonFyre, so please vote for this!

SUPPORT
If you want to help me out, to pay my bills or get some motivation, or just like the stuff I do here,
please consider to donate a small amount of money that is always handy to have. You would really help
me with this and EVERY donation is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

paypal-donate-button.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developed by:
LordJarhead
JSRS-Studios.com
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT AND SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RESPECT

I, LordJarhead do not allow JSRS Team staffs nor anyone else ever, to publish the JSRS Modification's at the Steam Workshop!
Anyone uploading JSRS Modification or parts of it to the Steam Workshop has violated the intellectual property of JSRS Studios and is reported immediately.
I would also like you to read the license agreement further down before you download or play with the modifications and products by JSRS Studios:

LICENSE:

88x31.png
JSRS SOUND MODIFICATIONS by Dennis Kahl (LordJarhead) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jsrs-studios.com/.

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-%7BSnNsWUJlY

Edited by LordJarhead
  • Like 3

Yesssss!!!! Congrats on getting this out dude! I have been waiting to play the story mode now with this and blastcore all over again!! Haha this will be EPIC!!

Most excellent thank you!!

New scripts allowing us to have distance firefights

New scripts allowing us to have distance explosions - Muffled thuds finally

Does this mean ambient combat sounds???

Very excited to try this out. Thank you my lord!

That's so great, finally! Someone should set up a torrent for this.

The file is stored on a Server with a 1 Gbit Network connection... Why you need a torrent ^^

The file is stored on a Server with a 1 Gbit Network connection... Why you need a torrent ^^

well its taking 7 hours for me to download with a 50 Mbps down and up connection :/. Worth the wait tho!

cause it's downloading at 150KB/s

Because 80KB/s :p

I msg'd Fox @ Armaholic hopefully he can get a mirror up soon

Would you mind if I uploaded it to a mega link and shared it here?

Because right now download speed is 200 kb/s.

Oh Em Gee. Downloading now :D

Edit:

c5f945e7d6074da7b040f8dcf32325d8.png

Oh lawd

Edited by MisterGoodson

Congrats mate and many thanks, sent you a little something as well. (as much as a student can afford :) )

Would you mind if I uploaded it to a mega link and shared it here?

No, made bad experiences with people uploading my work to other places! We keep it JSRS Studios Intern for now. The dl-speed is shrinked since half the world is trying to get this mod right now it seems :X

We will set you up with more mirrors and links soon enough ;) And its not that big as I was worried first.

LJ

Congratulations on the release LJ, your efforts are highly appreciated. I look forward to playing with it :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Been waiting fo rthis!!!! Is 1.7 really the final size? Or were things left out for now?

Yeah, people talking about torrents aren't wrong. I'd love to download this before our operation later this evening if it could be possible in any way.

Screenshot%202015-01-06%2018.01.30.png