Sign in to follow this  
evrik

Armed logistics vehicle issue

At 3commandobrigade.com we are working on a Supacat Coyote to accompany the Jackal we released. The Coyote is a six-wheeled version of the Jackal, and is primarily deployed as a supply / logistics truck, therefore we have given it the ability in the config to refuel, repair and rearm vehicles with a small radius. However, it was noted that the GMG and HMG turret mounted on the Coyote was capable of rearming itself, meaning that it would never run out of ammunition. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if the weapon actually ran out of ammunition first, and then it was possible to rearm it. However, it is none stop. You can barely fire a few rounds from box before it is full again. Is it possible to prevent this or at least stop it from happening automatically? As it does not repair or refuel itself automatically, it seems reasonable that their must be a way of stopping the continuous and automatic rearming of the turret. I am starting to wonder if this is why none of the BIS logistics vehicles are armed. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

In my testing with it, it would never rearm itself. If its near to another coyote then it will just auto rearm which is a tad annoying. Just tested and with 1 coyote and it didn't rearm itself

You are correct. Seems I've narrowed it down. In an empty vehicle in the editor, with me as a playable unit who then gets into the gunner spot, I can empty the GMG fine. No auto-rearm. No option to rearm and, as you say, I would need another Coyote to resupply the vehicle. Likewise, when I am a squad leader with a crew of AI manning the vehicle, again with me as gunner, I can empty the main gun without a problem. No auto-rearm. However, if I put down a manned vehicle in the editor and set myself as Gunner - meaning I have an AI commander and driver - when I get through the first 2 boxes of grenades,the AI Commander gives me the order to rearm the vehicle. I am automatically dismounted, as is the Commander and Driver, who then proceed to get back into the vehicle. When I retake the gunner slot, the vehicle is rearmed, and from that point on, as soon as I fire a single round, it automatically replenishes the weapon as fast as I can fire it. While annoying, it isn't as bad as I first feared as this is really for MP use and it will be player manned, not AI.