Sign in to follow this  
Arch3rAc3

Where to put userconfig .SQF files?

So basically, as I'm launching and installing mods with PlayWithSix, I'm wondering if I do yet have to copy the userconfig folder from my downloaded addons to my .../Steam/.../ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. Because some mods, like Group Link 4, have some tweakable sqf files, so I'm not sure if by changing lines from true to false, or vice-versa, is going to actually change anything in game since it's not inside my ArmA 2 folder, and if I do have to move/copy those files into my userconfig folder inside ArmA 2 main folder, should I create a folder named "GL4" or something like that inside userconfig, or do I just copy the files itself there? Because mods like ace do have a folder named "ace" inside my userconfig, but some others have just the .SQF files inside (not just if that does imply on anything)

JUst copy the keys and Userconfig folders from inside the @yourmod folder and paste it inside Arma 2 OA folder. It will ask you if you want to merge the folders, so click yes.

Easy as that.

Edited by Mirek
File and folder sounds the same to me :-)

JUst copy the keys and Userconfig folders from inside the @yourmod folder and paste it inside Arma 2 OA folder. It will ask you if you want to merge the folders, so click yes.

Easy as that.

Hm, I'll do that. Seems like Play With Six, or launchers in general can't read the userconfig .sqf files values from the mod folder. I guess I'll have to change values at my ArmA 2 userconfig's folder. Btw, do you know if I can create a folder with my mod name inside my userconfig folder? Because this GL4 specific mod has the .sqf files inside it's userconfig folder, not a folder in it with the .sqf files inside.

Hm, I'll do that. Seems like Play With Six, or launchers in general can't read the userconfig .sqf files values from the mod folder. I guess I'll have to change values at my ArmA 2 userconfig's folder. Btw, do you know if I can create a folder with my mod name inside my userconfig folder? Because this GL4 specific mod has the .sqf files inside it's userconfig folder, not a folder in it with the .sqf files inside.

What? The sentence i marked red does not make any sense to me. Iam not native english speaker. use simplier sentences please.

So GL4 has folder called @GL4 and has folder called userconfig inside @GL4 and has .sqs inside the userconfig folder, or not?

If yes then just copy entire userconfig folder and paste it inside youre steamapps/common/arma2OA it will tell you that folder userconfig allready exist, and if you want to merge it with the new one. say yes! All the mods has theyr userconfigs inside Userconfig Folder at least i never saw mod that would have it otherwise