Sign in to follow this  
bez

Why I will never buy any of your games ever again.

well over one hundred AI, 120-ping, Custom mission and mods, coop, plays just fine... But I dont play with more than 12 players . (really not into the wacked out 90player stuff)

Oh my internet is lowest DSL there is.

classifying and generalize people as "fanboys" is really shortsighted.One of the reason for this opinion is age of posters around here is well above 18.

Next you taking it personal which is wrong way to go.People are having different opinions you might as well learn to live with it.

Stating that arma community is full of liers will not earn you admirers, and you will find out that with this behavior you won't last

long on the forums (common courtesy?Respect?)

Edited by enex

It's interesting how the fanboys defend the game, we know all it's a complex game but it is unacceptable after more than 1 year after release we have major problems like low fps, lots of desync and broken ingame speak chat for a company like BI. They have more then 300 developers and sold more then 1.5 millions copies from arma 3. And don't come with the argument, they don't have enough devs and money...

It's interesting how the fanboys defend the game, we know all it's a complex game but it is unacceptable after more than 1 year after release we have major problems like low fps, lots of desync and broken ingame speak chat for a company like BI. They have more then 300 developers and sold more then 1.5 millions copies from arma 3. And don't come with the argument, they don't have enough devs and money...

do you really expect that they will add 64bit support, add multithreading support and fix the FPS bug / CPU bottleneck ? they didnt in armed assault, they didnt in arma 2, they even admit later that they cant fix arma 2 and they will admit the same for arma 3 sooner or later.

Interesting stuff....

When people come and ask civil questions about what may be affecting online performance or post actual facts regarding their own experiences, they are dismissed as fan boys.

I'm not going to get into the actual debate because as with the majority of the posters on this thread, I've had nothing but a great online experience. The most people I've been ingame with, about 50 but the average tends to be about 20 usually smooth as it comes.

I would ask these people that are never going to play this game again or buy anything from BI again, what are you replacing your experience with? There is only one game out there that offers the quality of graphics anywhere near this title (does the word zerg mean anything to anyone?) and while I do enjoy that title immensely, it would never bring the unique satisfaction that comes from Arma 3.

Sure maybe BI could add more developers, maybe they can do this and that. Maybe they could try to invent a flying car. But until someone else out there does better when comparing apples to apples, we shoud be thankful they've taken this game to where they have.

So rather than name calling, why not work with all the people who have stepped up in this thread to see if they can help with your issues. If you don't, that only means one of two things, the issues aren't there or you're just here to get repsonses out of people who actually enjoy the game.

Am I the only one who finds the "avg. 7 fps (15 max) in MP" claim really strange? It sounds like an exaggeration, only bare minimum system requirements met or something badly wrong in his system?

System requirements have basically no meaning. Only CPU is important and even that will only get you a couple more FPS.

I would ask these people that are never going to play this game again or buy anything from BI again, what are you replacing your experience with? There is only one game out there that offers the quality of graphics anywhere near this title (does the word zerg mean anything to anyone?) and while I do enjoy that title immensely, it would never bring the unique satisfaction that comes from Arma 3.

games i enjoy more than arma 3 (MP&SP wise):

swat 4, counter strike source (especially zombie server), battlefield 2, sven coop, counter strike 1.6, half-life classic series, no more room in hell, natural selection 2 & world in conflict

still playing sometimes arma 3 in editor, but thats it.

NOTE: i dont say arma 3 is shit. it isnt, its a great idea to make a sandbox military game, but with the current engine its not enjoyable to have a decent war in singleplayer. with the current state, arma 3 is for me more a small scale infantry combat spec ops game. if you want to have a decent battle with tanks, jets, helicopters, artillery, mortars etc like a world war, you will have to play with lags, and im talking about SP.

Edited by Arma3goodCPUlowFPS

Too many posts to reply them all but I will try.

First of all, no, I don't have anything to replace Arma3 with. but if you will read closely I never said I will never play it again, I said I will never buy a BI product again.

But to be honest I rarely play this game anymore because of many other reasons. When I do play, I play SP and once in a while I try to play MP but I usually quit after one minute because of extreme low fps (lag is not a good term, it is just low fps)

About my system, like I said I know I don't have the best system, but SP runs on high settings with a decent amount of AI beautifully with out any problem, so obviously my computer can handle the game.

About my internet connection, it's FINE. I play online game all the time, never have a problem with other games. only in Arma3 MP. My internet is FINE!

About giving you more details, I don't see the point. I have tried most of the suggestions I found in the internet, none worked. what makes you think (plural you), you will solve it all of a sudden? guess what, you won't!

I agree it could be something in my computer, but I can't buy a new computer just for this game for the slim chance it MIGHT solve the problem. I hear plenty of stories about people with monster rigs that have MP low fps, so no, it's not a solution.

Also I am an adult I am not a little kid, I work hard for a living, I can't spend most of my time to try and solve this issue, and I spent too much already. and i don't have a mom and dad that will buy me a new computer, I have bills to pay, rent, food to buy etc. AND JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR AGAIN MY COMPUTER IS FINE!!!!

About fanboys or not fanboys, I never called anyone a fanboy, you like the game and it works for you, that is great, I am happy for you all, I really am. I like the game also, but it's broken for me (and many other people!)

I gave BI plenty of time to address these issues, I helped in the alpha and beta, I gave feedback, and I hoped BI will listen, so it's not that I hate the game or hate the devs, nothing is personal here, so stop taking it that way.

But wait, it's not just the MP low fps, I go way back with BI (since the beginning) I always knew BI games are buggy,

but I believed that with time they will improve, iron out bugs learn from their mistakes.

and also of course OFP / ArmA series is a one of kind so I continued to buy their games regardless of their buggy nature.

Now I agree Arma3 is better in many aspects, but there are still so many things that are just plain laziness on their behalf (the devs).

So many things in this game are EXACTLY the way they were in OFP from 2001!!! excuse me but this is unacceptable in my opinion.

Yet they have time to make Go kart DLC??? REALLY GO KART? WTF???

Now you can hate me all you want, but I (as an adult) choose to vote with my wallet!

I will stop giving BI my money, if you want to do that, go ahead, it's your money.

But I refuse to spend anymore money on half assed rushed buggy products from this company.

13 years of being a loyal customer and waiting for them to release at least ONCE a working game is beyond reasonable!

The fact is (and excuse me dear devs) I don't believe they can pull it off anymore, unless they do some drastic changes with their engine or programmers, I don't know which one but it dose not matter, you get the point (I hope).

But I lost my trust, I didn't post this to get solutions to the MP problem, I post this so they know they are loosing customers and they better get their act together and do something about it.

I understand it's hard for some of you to hear this, but this is my decision and I believe if more of you will do the same they will be forced to recognize the problem and try and fix it instead of making stupid DLC the whole day.

You don't agree with me, you don't like me, I get it. but I stand 100% behind my words as harsh as they might seem.

I did not curse anyone, I did not break any forum rules, i was not trolling or flaming, so to the one who reported this thread who ever you are, GET A LIFE!

Good day to you all enjoy your game.

Assaf.

Edited by bez

There are couple of misinformed posts like "They create Karts but not fix game bugs" and "400 developers".

First Karts were created by one of the modelers that he made karts in his spare time for training purposes.

Game bugs are being fixed everyday - check devbranch changelog for that.But! every new features brings new one

and is every game vicious cycle, in case of arma even bigger cause of non scripted AI, deeper engine calculations

for every change be it balistics, weather, flight models...

And second point with 400 developers - in my knowledge there is about 50 developers including managers, IT's

legal team, encoding and others that a related to BI company.

I take the GO-KART back then, replace it with helicopter DLC or Zeus or whatever. I also never mentioned the amount of staff BI have.

Also, I stated in the original post that I know they are not a major company with millions of dollars and that ArmA is a much more complex game than the average PC game. I know all of that.

And yes, I know that bugs are being ironed out all the time and bringing new features create new bugs, I know that.

But, it dose not change anything. At the current state of things i don't think that let's say ArmA 4 will be any different, and THAT is my main point.

If BI will be the same BI they have been for the past 13 years, ArmA4 would be the same mess ArmA3 is now. So I don't care about GO-KART or how many devs they have or don't have.

I just don't want to spend 60$ on a game I KNOW will be a bug fest OR to spent money on a DLC for ArmA3 while I can't even play it.

That is all. you want to spend 60$ go ahead, it's your money.

And just as disclaimer so the devs know it's nothing personal, I have allot of respect for you guys for making a game like that,

I know it's not easy, I know you work hard, nights and days, I know you want this game to be the best it can be, I know that.

But unfortunately it's not enough guys. sorry, but I just lost my trust and am not willing to give you anymore of my money. like I said, nothing personal.

If you mean my post, i said 300 developers but anyway. Looks like you didn't read the 2014 year in review†from BI. They double sized the devs team...

No matter how many devs - they should focus on that performance issues. asap.

I'm lucky in that I don't have performance issues that stop me playing with good game-play. However its a very valid point the OP has, so he's entitled to air his views.

Just like the Op, I have been a customer of Bis since Opf and the expansion.

Arma1 was a mess (pruchased), Arma2 was an half mess (bad hdr/ half mess but a lot of units), Arma3 well a different matter: there are a lot of improvments in Arma3 that didn't exist in the previous games (great visual effects, no more problem of hdr, better Ai).

But I am very very tired to play a game with 30 fps, bad optimizated (I have lost a lot of frames since Alpha to Beta^2), with sound issues, and with lack of content (rectius: i have to rely on modders and this is an absurd to me), no 3d editor, the Ui of the editor is the same of Opf (14 years ago!!).

And to be honest, I dislike the of Bis politics to go for Dlc when there are a lot of problem and issues need to be resolved: in fact I am (very) glad I have not purchased the Dlc (and, most probably, until something change, i will not any more product from Bis).

It's true: there is no another Arma on the market (and we all know that monopoly usually doesn't play well for the consumer) but netherless there are a lot of others games I can play and enjoy too.

My rig is not the best (at the opposite: it's quite far from the best), but I can play Dragon Age inquisition with max of detail or Assassin creed Black flag.

Different games, it's true: but I enjoy them.

With Arma3 not anymore.

If you mean my post, i said 300 developers but anyway. Looks like you didn't read the 2014 year in review†from BI. They double sized the devs team...

They doubled team because of dayz team.And before with acquired 2 studios which are working on take on mars/Tkoh.

Doesn't mean they are working on Arma 3, they have other projects.If you don't believe me take a look at A3 credits (they

update them regularly) and you can count around 50 people.

count(BI developers) != count(Arma developers)

They making DLC-s to add more content for those who wants it and add FREE features for EVERYONE!

Kart - It was fun to play!

Bootcamp - Good for newbies and testing. The VR concept is fit in the future style.

Zeus - It's a nice update, finally we have some kind of 3D editor.

Heli - I bought it not because of the helis, but to support the AFM and the Firing from the vehicle development.

Marksman - Can't wait!

I play other games too. E.g.: CS:Source, but every time during the play i think of an Arma. Arma has better penetration and damage model. Better character and weapon handling(lean, prone, fatigue, inertia, weapon behavior). The other side it has worst collision detection and performance, but it has still more potential then other games because of the sandbox style. Sometimes i just put a heli in the editor and fly!

unfortunately the bad fps in MP is still there.................

Just to clear up any myths or misconceptions - I host a dedicated server with Server 2012 64bit with X58 - i7 920 @4.0Ghz - 12GB 1800Mhz DDR3 - OCZ Vertex II 120Gb SSD. The connection is a Fibre 40/10 totally unrestricted. When I connect to my server via WAN it pings around the 25 mark, and the rig I connect to my dedicated server with is an X99 Deluxe - DDR4 2800Mhz - i7 5820K - GTX 780ti - Vertex 4 150.

I host Invade and Annex and get between 25-30 FPS even when the servers empty. Now that's pretty poor given my spec.

There are couple of misinformed posts like "They create Karts but not fix game bugs" and "400 developers".

First Karts were created by one of the modelers that he made karts in his spare time for training purposes.

Game bugs are being fixed everyday - check devbranch changelog for that.But! every new features brings new one

and is every game vicious cycle, in case of arma even bigger cause of non scripted AI, deeper engine calculations

for every change be it balistics, weather, flight models...

And second point with 400 developers - in my knowledge there is about 50 developers including managers, IT's

legal team, encoding and others that a related to BI company.

Really have to say something about the bolded part above. BI usually has huge patch notes filled with cryptic or very specific/mundane fixes that while they are technically a fix are rather pointless in the grand scheme of things. Take most of those out and the patch notes loose their fluff more or less. A lot of fixes and improvements generally tend to be towards the modder as well and less towards the end user. I guess depending on which point of view you share will determine more or less how you view how well BI maintains or patches their product. I feel like in the case of the OP, it's about the playability of the game in which case I have to say that having shared his frustration for the most part with a system that's probably better than most I feel he has a valid point. BI has more or less let their games go after release and it's hit or miss on how well they support them as far as from a technical and usability point of view. Again I think that it will depend a lot on point of view as well as someone who truly gets more enjoyment out of modding will probably find less wrong with ArmA 3 than someone who wants to hop in a server and blow shit up.

I don't exactly agree with the whole "rage quit" attitude, although in truth I think it's more about saying "Hey I just can't support this and I want you guys to know so maybe you will get your shit together". In that respect, I agree with him.

Really have to say something about the bolded part above. BI usually has huge patch notes filled with cryptic or very specific/mundane fixes that while they are technically a fix are rather pointless in the grand scheme of things. Take most of those out and the patch notes loose their fluff more or less.

If there is ever going to be a major improvement to performance, it's going to come in these "specific/mundane" fixes, not some magic one time patch.

If there is ever going to be a major improvement to performance, it's going to come in these "specific/mundane" fixes, not some magic one time patch.

I disagree, there is something fundamentally flawed about an engine that links client side render framerate to server simulation framerate.

I disagree, there is something fundamentally flawed about an engine that links client side render framerate to server simulation framerate.

True, that is fixed by decoupling the renderer from the simulation, but that's a major undertaking that likely won't be happening in Arma 3's lifespan. Just like x64 integration. So the best we can hope for are the cumulative small fixes that make the game more playable one small step at a time.

Edited by vegeta897

I don't exactly agree with the whole "rage quit" attitude, although in truth I think it's more about saying "Hey I just can't support this and I want you guys to know so maybe you will get your shit together". In that respect, I agree with him.

True, I might have been a little bit angry, maybe more than I should have been, I am truly sorry if hurt anyone feelings, but you got the point and this is the reason for this post.

You think (again plural you) I don't want to play ArmA3? hell no! there is nothing more I would like to do than play this game with friends.

I REALLY WANT to buy the helicopter DLC for example just for the shooting from vehicles, and I wouldn't mind paying them for the sniper DLC as well.

But why should I buy any of those when I can't really play the game?

I TRULY love this game, it is by far my favorite game of all times. I have 376 hours on record despite all the bugs and low fps.

but I am tiered of it and all I want is that BI know that, will it help? I don't know but I hope it will.

Like I said I respect the devs and I know they don't do it on purpose.

but that is how economics and free market works, if people buy it, they will continue to work the way the always did.

but if they will see the sales are going down they will have to do something about it.

There is nothing personal here and I am sorry if I sounded angry. And this is not rage quit either since I do still play the game once in a while.

A ticket was raised regarding the simulation manager and drone bug but that hasn't been fixed and that was months ago, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a MP FPS fix.

True, I might have been a little bit angry, maybe more than I should have been, I am truly sorry if hurt anyone feelings, but you got the point and this is the reason for this post.

You think (again plural you) I don't want to play ArmA3? hell no! there is nothing more I would like to do than play this game with friends.

I REALLY WANT to buy the helicopter DLC for example just for the shooting from vehicles, and I wouldn't mind paying them for the sniper DLC as well.

But why should I buy any of those when I can't really play the game?

I TRULY love this game, it is by far my favorite game of all times. I have 376 hours on record despite all the bugs and low fps.

but I am tiered of it and all I want is that BI know that, will it help? I don't know but I hope it will.

Like I said I respect the devs and I know they don't do it on purpose.

but that is how economics and free market works, if people buy it, they will continue to work the way the always did.

but if they will see the sales are going down they will have to do something about it.

There is nothing personal here and I am sorry if I sounded angry. And this is not rage quit either since I do still play the game once in a while.

Well perhaps in hindsight you should have written your opening post in a more calm a collective manner, rather than posting in an angry and demanding tone.

To help us to help to help you play Arma3, perhaps you can start by telling us what your Computer Specs are? Whats your Internet Connection? Which Servers you connect to? As from this information we might be able to help you make your Arma3 experience more enjoyable.

As from my experience, issues with MP FPS are down to several factors: PC, Internet Connection or Game Server