Sign in to follow this  
bez

Why I will never buy any of your games ever again.

Hello BI,

I am one of your first customers,

I bought the original OFP cold war crisis on Disc when it just released, I was 21 at the time.

I then bought the resistance addon also on Disc and on release as well.

I skipped Arma1 but I bought ARMA 2 (on release on disc), and operation Arrowhead (release, disc) and the UK DLC (digital download).

I love all of these games, you made the game of my dream.

I also bought Arma3 and was part of the alpha and beta, even though I don't like the future theme.

But I could not deny it is a step above the older games.

In short, I love it, it's by far my favorite game ever.

And I know it's an ambitious project like no other PC game on the market,

and I also know you are not a major publisher with millions of dollars to back it up.

But I am sorry guys, i gave you enough time to fix this issue, the game is out of beta for a long time now

and I am sorry to say but Multiplayer is still no where near playable.

LAG LAG LAG, nothing helps. (-EDIT- a better term would be extremely low fps, not lag)

This is the only reason I want this game, SP is of no interest to me.

I lost my trust in you guys as a developer.

I am sorry for this harsh post but you lost a loyal costumer.

Further more I will not recomend any of my friends to buy any of your games.

Unless you are willing to make a serious commitment to fix the multiuplayer issues this game has,

and not just make more DLCs while the game is not even playable.

Good luck

Assaf.

-EDIT-

Just to make things clear, sure OFP and Arma2 also had these issues,

but they got fixed at the end. I could play Arma2 multiplyer just fine.

But Arma3? 60 fps in SP but around 7 on MP. and i don't hear you guys trying to fix it.

plenty time have passed, and what do you do? DLC DLC DLC.

like I said, I lost my trust in you.

Edited by bez

I'm certain I'll get a infraction for this - since its allowing the flamebaiting. But if its so unplayable - why are there SO many Milsim units running A3 Operations without lag? Why am I running 2 servers which no one has complained once about this "LAG, LAG, LAG"?

Edited by AtinAkiri
Unneeded Pre-enter

You know you can filter by ping, right? I can find servers with low ping and decent amounts of players.

You don't need to quit the game. Just search a bit more for some closer servers.

@AtinAkiri well, it's a good question which I have no answer to.

The only time I get reasonable FPS is on Stratis with low numbers of AI and like 10 players and even then most of the time it's like around 15.

On Altis I have yet to play a SINGLE game since release with decent fps I get around 7 (average)

I tried allot of the fixes that are around the internet and from what I know I am not alone.

Also as the game got updated it just got worse, at the begining I could still play here and there.

And like I said I get well above 30 fps in SP even with allot of AI in Altis.

I waited for a reasonable amount of time for this issue to be addressed,

for me the game is unplayable, for you it is. good for you.

@TheEvanCat, it's got nothing to do with ping, I always choose low ping servers (around 70 is the lowest I can)

nothing helps. but thank you for trying to help.

Sure my rig is not the best, but SP runs on high setting very smooth

and MP on all low settings is laging like crazy. to be honest Video settings has no effect on the FPS what so ever, it's low fps either way.

The only thing I can think about is that I have a very bad luck with servers

and all the servers I have been to are just crap.

But statistically the odds of me not getting on at least ONE good server since release are very low.

If you know any good powerful servers in Europe I can try and see if that helps, please let me know.

And it's not I like to be a troll or just flame the forums

you can see since 2010 i have only 61 posts (including this one)

But I honestly lost all hope and I truly love this game with all my heart and all I want is to play MP with my friends but I just can't.

but sure go ahead report this post (whoever you are) but did I break any forum rules? no i didn't.

Edited by bez

There are network issues and 70 ping generally sucks for me as well.

I've found lower, but I live in the NE US. Europe might be a bit more difficult. I've found some in the twenties and they work fine. Ish.

Well I live in Israel and there are not so many here, most of them are closed with passwords.

So I am pretty much forced to play on German servers, since Germany and Israel have good direct underwater cables connecting each other.

And even in Israeli servers the lowest ping I ever saw was 45.

Yeah, you might be out of luck. Even if the underwater cables are good, there's still the fact that there's going to be wireless and distances and everything else. So that's no good if you're crossing across to Germany and back.

I'd say just keep looking, or maybe try to get an Israeli community together (or find an existing one) and see if a server can get done that way.

Yes but I don't have energy for that anymore to be honest.

All I do is play SP now. thanks anyway.

But why did I write this post maybe some of you wonder,

well because i truly believe BI didn't optimize MP like they can.

and if they can't well that is a problem on it's own.

70 ping is totally normal for MP games. you can't expect everyone will have 20 ping.

and if they do, that is another problem.

Tactical Battlefield regularly run 40 player+ MP sessions, and I usually get 30+ FPS unless we are playing on a particularly laggy map (such as Zargabad)

I can see major desync and framerate issues happening on some of those 90+ player mega-servers, but for your everyday MP it should be fine.

I am one of your first customers

First off I wonder why people always have to do this :p I cant help to notice but I wonder where it will make any difference to what you are trying to say, If i can count you are around 34 years 35 years old? I guess you can figure out where I am going with this :cool:

But I am sorry guys, i gave you enough time to fix this issue, the game is out of beta for a long time now

and I am sorry to say but Multiplayer is still no where near playable.

LAG LAG LAG, nothing helps.

There is no pun intended and I may get flame-bated over this "how to 101 reply", however every word is meant well. The first thing i would like to know is what do you actually mean by saying "lag"? Pure connectivity issues or FPS drops? What kinda missions are you playing? And are you the only one lagging on those servers? Some missions are poorly written and can cause massive fps drops, do you endure the lag also when you try to do some single player missions? Exclude eventually where the issues are not persistent and move on from there.

Unless you are willing to make a serious commitment to fix the multiuplayer issues this game has,

and not just make more DLCs while the game is not even playable.

Net lag is not something that is caused by BIS "perce" it might but it is very often not the case; don't forget they do not actually run those servers, if i for example want to run a server on a pore connection it may cause you to lag eventually but this is not due to the pore optimization of bohemia interactive but rather to the mere fact that you are connection to a server which is not that healthy for your game experience ...

But why did I write this post maybe some of you wonder,

well because i truly believe BI didn't optimize MP like they can.

I am going to contradict this, I am running my internet on a 200 meter distant wireless connection way to the back between two TP link adapters with two large antennas, they are both about 2 meters high, one is on the front of the street and one on the back end yard and even I don't endure the lag you are claiming to have, and I have been connecting to a friend who is established into CHINA so i am sure the multi-player part is pretty well covered if you ask me, pore optimization in my book is when a larger part of the player base endures the same issue you have and i aint seeing anything like that yet.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there isnt any problem on Bohemia interactive's behave but it indicates that it is unlikely that the problem can be fingered towards pore optimization of the multiplayer platform it self, in my experience I suggest to try to locate the source of your problem "i know you are tiered of it" but look if their might be something wrong with your ISP, maybe your settings are not coping with the heavy mission load, there are so many reasons why you may enduring the lag but make up a list and check it off.

Multiplayer Net lag:

-> not only test it on the servers you want to play on but also try other servers, try to host one with a friend or the other way around and look how it pans out, use tools to monitor net behavior when you stress the net (ping it to the source to see if there are any packet losses, do this wile you are playing the harder you stress it the better you get an insight on what is going on. Try alternate DNS settings on your network routers and or modems, also be aware that some internet security programs or other background programs may also cause you to lag, try a clean reboot and start up a fresh Arma without any mods what so ever try not to use any other programs and see if the issue still persist.

Anyway: Sorry if i sound so trivial but whenever a player endures lag like you claim to have, compared to a larger player base? I can assure you that 95% of those issues can be fingered to that player's own game setup, connection or their own ISP.

In the mean while I wish you luck on your search for a fix ...

Best of regards

lhq.

Edited by LiquitHQ
gramma :s

I also lag, but I live in one of the remote places in the US (Alaska), so I've got nothing to complain about, when I know the issue. Best bet is to get a group of friends and play together on your own server.

And id say this game is poorly optimized altogether. But, I digress.

Try it from Australia and you'll be in absolute tears if you're on dev branch, unless you want to play some weird ass scenario about hunting down the budgie smuggling PM here (who, coincidentally, no one ever seems willing to admit to having voted for). Everything else is huge ping or red crosses meaning cannot connect. The pain.

But I'm not sure bis can be blamed for geographic isolation so much.

Well im in Southern Antarctica, on penguin island and I dont get lag :j:, :D not to be a dick but really theres many ways to counter the lag, yes I agree mp could be better

optimized, the game overall in fact but imo there are a number of things that create or cause lag be it mp or sp, like:

-Server ping

-lots of players on a server

-running a ton of mods at once, AI mods especially

-lots of explosions, smoke

-vid settings to high for what the machine can handle

-unoptimized scripts/missions or lots of AI -(caching script/addon helps alot here!)

-weak cpu

-fragmented harddrive, registry errors, viruses, shitty internet,. .,.,..,.

As scooterperpetual said, upgrade.

-EDIT-

But Arma3? 60 fps in SP but around 7 on MP. and i don't hear you guys trying to fix it.

plenty time have passed, and what do you do? DLC DLC DLC.

like I said, I lost my trust in you.

Currently i have an i7 4790k and a msi geforce 970 gtx plus 16 DDR3 2400mhz ram and i also have low fps in multiplayergames. Sometimes it is ok, sometimes its going down. Totally random, dont know what to do. I have fibre (200mb/s up and download) an we have a very good serverhosting from Hetzner (germany). we are 16 people on the maps.

"LAG LAG LAG, nothing helps"[/Quote]

No offense, but nothing helps? How about a new fucking computer. Lol, I got a laptop that can run the game, sure as he'll you can find something better than a stone with a couple of circuit boards in it.

arma 1-3 have many issues and bugs and they dont care. His decision is completely understandable.

ps.Low CPU utilization & Low FPS Thread is one of the biggest, I wonder why when someone say" it is all ok" like many here

Edited by TeilX

He is right btw, MP stability is a mess atm.

But I think he should assist more with structured feedback rather than a rage quit.

He is right btw, MP stability is a mess atm.

But I think he should assist more with structured feedback rather than a rage quit.

Good call, but after all the time - they do not even claim to fix the feedback they got. check the link of my signature. it`s really old now - and all we hear is like: "shiny new DCL!"

I`m sick of new DLC. I want the "structured feedback" to be No. 1 for BI!

OP is right though, Arma 3 is borderline unplayable. Fanboys can lie to themselves, make up reasons and defend the game all they want, but it won't change anything.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

It never got fixed in A2. I have the same horrible FPS in A2 like I do in A3, which is silly considering the graphic difference.

Am I the only one who finds the "avg. 7 fps (15 max) in MP" claim really strange? It sounds like an exaggeration, only bare minimum system requirements met or something badly wrong in his system?

If you are an Arma fan, this game will change all that.

When you spend 60$ and your computer can't run it, It will be because your computer is crappy.

When you are disappointed in the complete lack of content compared to other Arma games, you will be called spoiled.

When there is nothing to do offline, no point or story it's because it's still in the works even though it's a full release.

When you can't eek out better than 10FPS no matter what your specs, it's because you didn't tweak enough.

When you can't find a server to play on it's because you don't know the right clan.

When you do get on a server and it lags, greifs and glitches, it's because you play on crappy servers.

When you don't think it's realistic, it's not a sim.

When you cant have any shoot'em up fun like BF it's because it is a sim.

When all your other games run like a champ and are fun but not Arma3, it's not fair to compare.

When you voice any of the above views here on the BI Forums you are a liar.

As this is your first post there is some slack.

Lets start from the top?

If your computer can't run it - It means you need to upgrade or lower settings, Thats a fact for ANY Game that you can't run. Don't bring that here.

The Content level is fine - Similar to ArmA 2's before the release of Operation Arrowhead, aside from a few missing air craft. But thats why there is Mod support.

There is a story. It is complete. They TOLD You in Alpha/Beta the story would be episodic. As well as you have the Editor to build your own, and Scenarios you can download.

See first line.

Servers are based upon YOUR Search. Filters. Ping. Etc. If you can't find one - Your not looking. If you want to find one faster, Get a Milsim unit.

Generally you joined a shit server with bad admins if it griefs. Glitches and lag can be anything from your PoS Computer back to poor optimization on how the scripting is done - Depending on the Gamemode, most likely you.

Its not a Simulator, its a Sandbox Military Game. There is a large difference. For Simulator, see VBS by Bi Sims

Once more - SandBox Military Game. Its not a FPS. Its a Downgraded simulator to Video Game status to allow immersion within preset confines. Its not fun if you can Rambo every mission.

All other games can't compare. ArmA 3 has a scale and demographic most don't and can't compare with. Its simply its own Genre and unfair to compare it to a car game, or RO2.

Your not a liar - Its a Forum. We all have opinions. Prove them before you start debating in threads and then persuade people your right. Just like writing a speech.

i have a crap internet speed and getting ok results... depends which server you go on!!!

As this is your first post there is some slack.

Lets start from the top?

If your computer can't run it - It means you need to upgrade or lower settings, Thats a fact for ANY Game that you can't run. Don't bring that here.

The Content level is fine - Similar to ArmA 2's before the release of Operation Arrowhead, aside from a few missing air craft. But thats why there is Mod support.

There is a story. It is complete. They TOLD You in Alpha/Beta the story would be episodic. As well as you have the Editor to build your own, and Scenarios you can download.

See first line.

Servers are based upon YOUR Search. Filters. Ping. Etc. If you can't find one - Your not looking. If you want to find one faster, Get a Milsim unit.

Generally you joined a shit server with bad admins if it griefs. Glitches and lag can be anything from your PoS Computer back to poor optimization on how the scripting is done - Depending on the Gamemode, most likely you.

Its not a Simulator, its a Sandbox Military Game. There is a large difference. For Simulator, see VBS by Bi Sims

Once more - SandBox Military Game. Its not a FPS. Its a Downgraded simulator to Video Game status to allow immersion within preset confines. Its not fun if you can Rambo every mission.

All other games can't compare. ArmA 3 has a scale and demographic most don't and can't compare with. Its simply its own Genre and unfair to compare it to a car game, or RO2.

Your not a liar - Its a Forum. We all have opinions. Prove them before you start debating in threads and then persuade people your right. Just like writing a speech.

I know that i know that.

but i have already read posts made by fanboys how they are trying to defend arma 3 in any way, there are fanboys out there who tell you its not a simulation if you dont find this game realistic but if you say "blah i cant play arma 3 like battlefield or call of duty where you can run and shoot like rambo" then the same people say its a simulation even if they wrote before that its not a simulation. same with all the other points. arma 3 fanboys blame always the specs of people who have problems with this game, even people who has a better system than the fanboy itself who is blaming the guy with the better system and here comes the funny part: its very funny how fanboys with a rusted toaster are trying to tell people with the newest CPU/GPU/RAM that they can run the game fine and that they need to upgrade and stop playing poor scripted servers, even when the people playing on servers which doesnt run many scripts or stable scripts. but i am not talking about only MP, but SP too (with AI ofcourse).

to be honest, arma 3 fanboys are the worstest liars and most stupid peoples out there (even worse than cod/BF fanboys), lying even to themself just to defend a game. i bet that these fanboys who has a rusted toaster run the game even more worse than the guys with the newest&best CPU/GPU/RAM (go to the low cpu low fps theard and there you will find the people). i bet they go into the editor, place themself in stratis as only player, checking FPS and then telling everyone "i have this rusted toaster and it runs fine".

and we talk about SP&MP, and if people with the newest & best CPU/GPU/RAM even have problems in SP scenario or can not play a decent battle, then there is a problem with the engine, no matter what the fanboy with his rusted toaster says, its a fact that we have to accept (sadly).