Still working on this on, especially the Harvest Hawk.

Also realized these planes look a lot better with more shininess : )

Wow, looks great. What will the targeting system be like on the harvest hawk?

The copilot can use this targeting device from the modernized huey. TTS or something. It's mounted below the left wing next to the refueling pod. It has a camera and a laserpointer. You can lock on with the wing hardpoint  and the ramp launcher AGMs.

Found a Screenshot

Found a better one : )

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

(this is Firewill's F-14 of course)

And I finally managed to fix the ugly drogue : )

Just downloaded.  Great stuff, man.  The Credible Sport gives me warm fuzzies.

Question:  Do you have any plans to make an MC-130H?

No I have no such plan. There is quite some variety of C-130s in Fuller's Airforce Mod, check it out.

I am working on expanding the harvest hawk though. There's just a few odd turret problems I want to fix before I release the next update.

And the textures on the ramp launcher are really bad currently, even for my standards.

Well, I can't get myself to finish the Harvest Hawk.

But I don't want to have this lying around unused either.

Version 1.05

- minor material changes

- Civilian planes have a crew of 2 instead of 4 now

- half working Harvest Hawk

- fixed the ugly drogue chute

I don't want to hear complaints about the gun being useless or ugly textures. I know that : )

• Like 1

classnames

you can find the classnames by reading the classnames.txt in the addon folder.

-or you check the classname of the planes in the new eden editor.

vid

always happy to see a vid of any of my addons . )

• Like 2

classnames

you can find the classnames by reading the classnames.txt in the addon folder.

-or you check the classname of the planes in the new eden editor.

vid

always happy to see a vid of any of my addons . )

thx!!

No I have no such plan. There is quite some variety of C-130s in Fuller's Airforce Mod, check it out.

I am working on expanding the harvest hawk though. There's just a few odd turret problems I want to fix before I release the next update.

And the textures on the ramp launcher are really bad currently, even for my standards.

I think an MC-130H Combat Talon II or an MC-130J Commando II would be fantastic for those of us conducting special operations missions on a regular basis. The one featured in Fuller's US Air Force addon is good, but as far as I have seen does not allow occupants other than a pilot and a co-pilot. 

I'm enjoying this addon a lot though. The thrusters are so much fun to use. Keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

Hey Sabre, any plans to take a look at walkable interiors again? Adds that next level of realism when you can walk up to the seats or inspect cargo in the back. Thanks!

an MC-130J Commando II would be fantastic for those of us conducting special operations missions on a regular basis. The one featured in Fuller's US Air Force addon is good, but as far as I have seen does not allow occupants other than a pilot and a co-pilot. 

^ this +1  :)

there were a lot of issues with walkable cargos. the planes took damage on take off. In Zeus they would simply fall out of the sky. So I abandoned that feature.

There are way too many versions in this addon already : )

why not ask fuller to add some cargo places in his MC-130?

Maybe, just maybe I will rework the YMC-130 sometime, now that I can do a little more 3d modeling.

Is there any way to load vehicles into the cargo variants?

Is there any way to load vehicles into the cargo variants?

There isn't one right now. You could always go and find a script or create one yourself  :)

Yes, external scripts or mission setups is the way to go. Making a fixed script in the addon would make a million people complain that vehicle xy is not included...

Without wanting to sound ungrateful or rushing you at all, how is the mod doing? Loving it so far but I understand you are releasing a tonne of new aircraft as it is so release at your own pace (the Kitty hawk and the JATO stuff is really cool)

it should be doing fine no?

All I have on my list is to fix the harvest hawks gun someday, and play around with refueling support for firewills helicopters.

Have you thought about doing nation textures.. I mean the C-130 is used by everyone "almost" so it may be quiet a project. Just throwing ideas out there :)

• Like 1

No not really. I have problems fitting all the included planes on stratis airport, I really think there are enough : )

You can all make any kind of livery if you want though, add in a mission or make a retexture addon,

The source files are free too,

Hey mate!

This reminds me... I've been meaning to contact you again. That C-130 you donated a while back is still causing me problems. I know so little about vehicles. Would you be willing to take a look at it by chance if I upload it to my Dropbox? Or give me some guidance or walkthrough on how to setup the project with no errors?

I tried to reTexture it, changed the Config, and redid the file-paths. It still throws errors. I can't find where else I need to change. I get a file-paths error somewhere relating to the ti setup (if that makes sense); the Thermal Imaging setup maybe? The Texture looks okay. Needs a tad more work. And if you try to get in at a certain spot it crashes-to-desktop, and if you start the engine it also crashes-to-desktop. So I'm guessing that's a config issue.

If you remember, I need my own C-130 to jump from for my HALO Project that's included in my mod.

You appear to be the Aircraft God. LOL!

Any help, guidance, new 'blank' source files, or a detailed walkthrough would be great. Making a fully working aircraft is out of my depth at this time. Even if it was just a Static Object (building) would be fine as it just something to jump out of. Technically it doesn't need to fly.

Thanks bud. Cheers.

heya, ty : )

crashing is usually the result of a corrupt path to a p3d file.

In your case it might be proxy paths inside the model. Just delete all proxies except the crew and the propeller blur, fix those 4 proxy paths by renaming them.

Converting one of my planes goes like this:

Delete all the stuff you do not need, other plane models, other p3d accessories etc, 

delete those entries in the model.cfg and config.cfg too. Things like superfluous animations, plane variations, weapons, gear etc.

In the Modfolder:

All config and model cfg files, all material rvmat files. Open in Notepad++.  Rename all sab_xy entries with your modnamefolders name.

(one click with search and replace in all open files). Adjust all filenames in your modfolder to match your addon name if necessary (p3ds, flightmodels, etc).

In the P3D File:

find all proxies in the model, in each LOD. Vrtule_blur, wreck proxy, weapon proxies... adjust paths by renaming if necessary.

And finally use the <tools>, <mass texture & material> tool in object builder to change all paths with one click: ---> sab_c130\data*  --- yourmodfoldername\data* ...etc, do that for each folder.

If you only want to use it to jump out you only need a LOD1 for outside view, View Cargo for inside view and a Memory LOD to be able to open the ramp.