Thanks for the input.

The refueling script is a modified Franze/J.Spartan refueling script which I am kindly allowed to use.

Not sure if I know how to do that. I am happy it works finally. Chipped a lot of the code away since I didn't understand the fuel switch and/or copilot/WSO part.

The original part seemed to include some coordinates in an if/else which I am not sure why, since the F18 has a refuel_probe mem point obviously -The drogue knows where to go anyway with that plane.

If you can tell me exactly what code to put in I can give it a try : )

Before anyone asks me why the 2nd refuel pod is not working : )

I have a plan there:

2015-02-25_00013.jpg

KC-130J Harvest Hawk

(4xAGM, no plans of adding cannons or other agms)

Nice ! Good work ! Can you add some shortcuts to : open / close doors and ramp ... When I play with my joytsick it is not practice to use :rolleyes:

Does the moveinCargo command not work with any of these aircraft? I tried the same thing with the RHS C130 and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for the observation Knishi,

I will be pretty much inactive over summer. If anyone finds the reason for the command not working feel free to post. I will take a note. Same is true for any other bug reports.

Just don't count on a quick fix. I might publish the Harvest Hawk sometime in between, as it is mostly finished actually,

cheers

Just from my observations it seems that when you try to move a group of infantry into cargo, it will only move the members of the group into the cargohold but not the groupleader, i don't know why.

Thanks for the observation Knishi,

I will be pretty much inactive over summer. If anyone finds the reason for the command not working feel free to post. I will take a note. Same is true for any other bug reports.

Just don't count on a quick fix. I might publish the Harvest Hawk sometime in between, as it is mostly finished actually,

cheers

Add to the load master turret in config.cpp

showAsCargo = 1;

that should fix it :)

Thanks Lala!

Will fix this mod after summer. I want to repair a few other things too (parts of the pilot wheel don't move with the rest of the thing, some bad texturing).

If you are doing some work, would you consider changing the cargo variant so it is its own model? Mainly because scripts such as igiload don't recognise currently the seats not being there so it sort of defeats the point of a cargo variant. Cheers!

New Version,

added Lalas line,

added the Harvest Hawk,

Fixed collision lights,

Some other minor tweaks,

Download Version 1.0

Didn't look into Cargo Scripts. Anyone else having problems loading stuff into the planes with scripts?

Afaik the planes settings shouldn't matter. It should all be on configuring the scripts side

Nice work-looking forward to landing a C-130 in water :D.Has anyone modded the C-130 feature where it can take off from tiny airstrips by using those rocket boosters?I forget what it's called but some are fitted with them,and it allows the plane to take off from a very steep angle.

New Version,

added Lalas line,

added the Harvest Hawk,

Fixed collision lights,

Some other minor tweaks,

Download Version 1.0

Didn't look into Cargo Scripts. Anyone else having problems loading stuff into the planes with scripts?

Afaik the planes settings shouldn't matter. It should all be on configuring the scripts side

Nice release! I believe it is because the seats count as an object within the scripts logic so even if you were bypass that it would mess with the plane because those seats are objects still technically.

"(count(nearestObjects[ _target modelToWorld [0,-9,-5.4], IL_Supported_Cargo_NonVeh_C130J, IL_SDistL + IL_SDistL_Heli_offset]) > 0) && (abs(speed _target) <= IL_LU_Speed) && ((IL_Can_Inside && (driver _target == _this)) || (IL_Can_Inside && ('Turret' in (assignedVehicleRole _this)) && (vehicle _this == _target) && (_target getVariable 'can_copilot')) || ((_this in (nearestObjects[ _target modelToWorld [0,-9,-5.4], [], IL_SDistL + IL_SDistL_Heli_offset])) && (_target getVariable 'can_outside'))) && (_target getVariable 'box_num' > _target getVariable 'slots_num') && (_target getVariable 'can_load') && (((getPos _target) select 2) <= IL_LU_Alt) && (_target animationPhase 'ramp_bottom' == 1) && (_target animationPhase 'ramp_top' == 1)"

Wow that looks complicated. No clue what is going on there. In Arma II I could load tanks into bicycles if I wanted to. Just declaring a bicylce as large transporter and giving some coordinates for where to attach the cargo was enough.

Actually the seats are never really there though. I turned them into animated proxy objects like jato, skies, rockets, prop blur or other things. Just a visibility thing. That way I can switch them on and off with one line of text and don't need another model.

But this script looks quite different. I will have to look into these loading scripts sometime.

Right now I am busy trying to add some more stuff to the Harvest Hawk (laserpointer, cannon, etc).

Edit: Now that I think about it. Igiload surely doesn't know my plane from scratch. You would probably have to add my classnames as transporters somewhere.

@ineptaphid yes.

On way for taking off very quickly is JATO (Jet assisted Take Off) - which isn't jet assisted at all but rather rocket assisted (some call it RATO).

A similar method was used with the XFC/ YMC-130H Credible Sport using stronger rockets and retro rockets to also be able to land on a short runway or no runway at all.

anyway, all of that is included in different stages of completion.

Yeah, just found the sneaky bit of code that activates for cargo versions! Cheers for the help, also are you ok with me slimming down the pack for my unit (I won't release publicly) as we only require the C130 and C130 Cargo.

Can you add in Degas Static Line Parachutes Mod too,please? That`s a hoot to use...very nice and simple.

Could you add a Dispenser for Night Parachute Flares ,too?

Any plans for cannons onboard one of these?  Like "Puff the magic dragon" variants?(DC-3 with Miniguns+flares to light up a area)? 

@Bacaneo

Sure go ahead. I have released source files here on the first post of this topic too. You can use them if you want. They only include the base C-130J.

@teddy

no plans with parachutes currently. Cannons yes, for the KC-130 Harvest Hawk.

Updating my Harvest Hawk

It's working better than expected. Will test for a while and maybe release this update next weekend.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

added a targeting system on the wing tank, the 10x griffin launcher in ramp, and a 30mm cannon on para door

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

laserpointer is functional now,

griffin (launched backwards, gravity powered agm)

and hellfire can be locked both

thanks again eggbeast for your advice.

Used the APL UH60 settings/mlod for setting up 2 gunners and some more from my Su-34 to get the pointer working

• Like 4

Nice work sabre ! Glad to see that you already started to work on what we were talking about yesterday. :)

Can we still close the ramp ?

@ineptaphid yes.

On way for taking off very quickly is JATO (Jet assisted Take Off) - which isn't jet assisted at all but rather rocket assisted (some call it RATO).

A similar method was used with the XFC/ YMC-130H Credible Sport using stronger rockets and retro rockets to also be able to land on a short runway or no runway at all.

anyway, all of that is included in different stages of completion.

Great!Cant wait to try a rocket launch!

For some reason when using the unbinarizined version (and then binarizing it) no sound comes out of the C130?

Check your addon maker settings. Is *.wss included in the list of files to copy directly?

screenshot.jpg

this is the List I use:

*.pac;*.paa;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.xml;*.hqf;*.rtm;*.rvmat;*.shp;

77B5A21ACDDFC6BA42497E30A698133D2655E013

8B35B9CE8586C64A844A1A6596F5510FE1E51617

Still working on this on, especially the Harvest Hawk.

Also realized these planes look a lot better with more shininess : )

• Like 5