Sign in to follow this  
nidhoegger

Again: OFP Linux Dedicated Server: Failed to create 2302

Hello,

before anyone shouts at me "use the search function": I did! And I tried all the workarounds found (sadly, some of the linkes pages are down or in "maintenance mode").

I want to create a OFP Server on Linux for me and some friends. Now the Problem is, that it tells me "Server creation failed: 2302".

What i tried:

- Rename Server so it doesnt contain numbers or hyphens (i named it for testing purposes "ofpservertest"). normaly my server (vServer) is named: lvpsXX-XXX-XXX-XXX (where the X are the IP).

- Tried to use old glibc stuff (I think 2.3.2) and start server with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

- Tried to use server without any mods

- Tried the -nomap flag

- Tried with and without NSCD

The server is a Debian Wheezy vServer running 64bit, compat libs for 32bit are installed, as well as the above mentioned Libraries using LD_LIBRARY_PATH (but it makes no difference, server also runs on my native libs).

Has anyone any Idea what I could try next? The server self runs fine, no missing libs or something, just the error message above.

Thank you for you help!

Nidhoegger

Edited by Nidhoegger

Hello,

first, thanks for you anwer. I appreciate it that someone still helps supporting old games ;).

Yes, i have the correct files you mentioned above. The servfiles.tar.gz was created using linuxarch10 and the shar file was installed with the correct packages installed on the system (sharutils, for uudecode and stuff).

I tried yesterday to install it on my homeserver. I set up a fresh debian wheezy install, servername was from beginning "ofpservertest". First it did not fire up correctly (segfaulted with and without -nomap). I then used the old glibc files again using LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then the server fired up, but once again i got the 2302 message (tried it with other ports, too).

I read yesterday through this thread already, but none of it seemed to work (worked to all threads i could find in this forum regarding the dedicated stuff).

Hello,

first, thanks for you anwer. I appreciate it that someone still helps supporting old games ;).

Yes, i have the correct files you mentioned above. The servfiles.tar.gz was created using linuxarch10 and the shar file was installed with the correct packages installed on the system (sharutils, for uudecode and stuff).

I tried yesterday to install it on my homeserver. I set up a fresh debian wheezy install, servername was from beginning "ofpservertest". First it did not fire up correctly (segfaulted with and without -nomap). I then used the old glibc files again using LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then the server fired up, but once again i got the 2302 message (tried it with other ports, too).

I read yesterday through this thread already, but none of it seemed to work (worked to all threads i could find in this forum regarding the dedicated stuff).

I was going to suggest another port, but look like you've already gone down that road. Do you have a firewall or some AV program that is blocking your UDP/TCP ports?

Or maybe something is already using those ports?

Edited by Zulu1
additional thought

Nope, nothing at all. IPTables are empty and set so ACCEPT policy. Does debian wheezy have other protection systems per default? I am only used to gentoo linux, that debian machine was just for testing purposes...

And no, no other application is using the ports i used. I checked with lsof -i

Edited by Nidhoegger

Wohooo, reporting back. Server is up and running. Problem were the libs (i gues libdns). I got the libs a friend gathered some time ago and with these libs, server runs. If someone is interessted in the libs, feel free to PM me and ill upload them!