sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Quite exciting - new stoner LMG from Luchador, built to order - thanks to Kable and Odball for their donations towards it.

5FCHxdt.jpg

also blinged up m1919A4 (thanks to FoW team for making adjustments to the A6 we donated to them, and then kindly sending it back to us)

I added the box and belt anims and Rama may get around to retexturing the tripod if we're lucky.

dkkkAZq.jpg

• Like 12

small but significant improvement to the hueys:

- Added m60 from NIArms to the doorgun (huge thanks to Toadie2k for donating his amazing models to us)

- made a new cobweb sight (thanks to Nodunit for teaching me how!)

- upgraded armoured ammo belts and ammo storage cases already

uDqHEa6.jpg

• Like 17

On 14/06/2017 at 1:10 AM, eggbeast said:

Quite exciting - new stoner LMG from Luchador, built to order - thanks to Kable and Odball for their donations towards it

<snip image>

also blinged up m1919A4 (thanks to FoW team for making adjustments to the A6 we donated to them, and then kindly sending it back to us)

I added the box and belt anims and Rama may get around to retexturing the tripod if we're lucky.

<snip image>

Those are really lovely. Such talent and dedication :)

• Like 1

new ammo belts added to the huey m60s

and that is my work on the hueys completed!

thank the lord.

zhi6nlq.jpg

• Like 5

- we added built-in TFAR compatibility for our RTO backpacks today thanks to Belbo for helping us out there.

• Like 2

another minor but relevant adjustment finished: the ramp gun on the ACH-47 gunship

OeidX9F.jpg

IvHKZrF.jpg

or95VRD.jpg

xMbgxSh.jpg

• Like 10

@Sergeant Savage

I wish you the best in your future endeavors, and thank you for your time and efforts with the "Unsung Vietnam" mod.
I've had a LOT of fun with it and am indebted to you and all the lads who worked/are working on it now.

Salute to you all. <S>

Best, Odd

• Like 4

7 hours ago, eggbeast said:

added bayonet for kar 98k

Ouch! :P

<bg> I never have had cause not to be impressed by the UNSUNG team's work; and quite contrary to what I would have expected, this has become one of the prime reasons for my continuing interest in ArmA despite the STEAMing pile of  **** and some serious ill-health.

Why?: I never had much interest in the VN war as a game (other than Vietcong 1) since I always, from kidhood, regarded the war as the result of appalling American ignorance and stupidity...

Before the US cretinous 'patriots no matter what' tendency clog the thread, I should add that the Brits' WWII decision to release Jap POWs to suppress Vietnamese attempts to rid themelves of French colonialists - despite the appallingly brutal Japanese record in SEA - has never ceased to disgust me. Churchill may have been a useful figurehead in the fight against Hitler, but in most aspects of his life, by modern standards he was a far-right narcissist, whose excess of ego over competence led to many deaths (e.g., Gallipoli).

Bravo Harold Wilson for so astutely keeping the UK out of one of the US' most predictable fuckups.

/end personal take on history

• Like 1

regarding Gallipoli, i have never understood why they didn't land at Bulair, to cut the neck of the peninsula, and seal in the Turkish 7th and 9th divisions.

cBBjRPR.jpg

bit of work to do on the bayonet rvmats, but it's getting there!

- animated trigger, bolt, safety, clip, bullet and sights

- animated rear sights out to 1200m zeroing

- chambering round animation
- safety is activated when rifle is slung on back

- uses NI Arms M1903 stripper clip reload magazine animation

- added glass to zf-41 scope

- made new m1884 bayonet

- split model into wood, brass and steel rvmats for smoother finish

4l0okII.jpg

ok updated rvmats for the bayonets

V3pymI3.jpg

• Like 7

Ouch! :P

I never have had cause not to be impressed by the UNSUNG team's work; and quite contrary to what I would have expected, this has become one of the prime reasons for my continuing interest in ArmA despite the STEAMing pile of  **** and some serious ill-health.

Why?: I never had much interest in the VN war as a game (other than Vietcong 1) since I always, from kidhood, regarded the war as the result of appalling American ignorance and stupidity...

Before the US cretinous 'patriots no matter what' tendency clog the thread, I should add that the Brits' WWII decision to release Jap POWs to suppress Vietnamese attempts to rid themelves of French colonialists - despite the appallingly brutal Japanese record in SEA - has never ceased to disgust me. Churchill may have been a useful figurehead in the fight against Hitler, but in most aspects of his life, by modern standards he was a far-right narcissist, whose excess of ego over competence led to many deaths (e.g., Gallipoli).

Bravo Harold Wilson for so astutely keeping the UK out of one of the US' most predictable fuckups.

/end personal take on history

Hi Folks,

LOL - don't hold back - please - tell us how you really feel...

Some superb work there on the models...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

progress today - all the little stuff you never notice lol

upgraded all the shotgun ammo with new ammo models - much nicer looking shells
finished weapon anims for reloading shotguns - the model 1912 even has an animated flap when you push each shell in, don't suppose anyone will ever notice that hehe
made a few different magazine models for the shotguns
fixed M870 express shell reload hide anims
added green shells for the flechette ammo

added brass effect to many many bullets in magazines / chambers / belts
re built all the revolver ammo so it uses better brass bullets
fixed nagant pistol ammo during reload
fixed m1 garand floating mag
added geo, distance lod, mass and shadow to a few mags
added wood rvmats for m1919 and bar
added brass effect to the m79. ex41 grenades

updated m1919 on M37 truck and staticweapon with new brass effect on belt

• Like 6

Is ithaca 37 stakeout's hand placement fixed? And DP28 sights?

6 hours ago, eggbeast said:

upgraded all the shotgun ammo with new ammo models - much nicer looking shells

I am certain the VC will appreciate your work :f:

• Like 3

A SP mission i have been working on still WIP but just an idea of what it will be like.

Features:
-custom support radio (Uses Voice Attack) allows the player to command AI group and request support using your radio, switching channels and verbally talking Ex.If an AI group is on channel one you will hold caps lock and say "Group, Alpha 1 attack objective". The group will then begin to attack the objective
-Lots of AI group voice commands like hold fire,stealth,set up mortars and lots more
-Custom Medical System Check out here

-Custom AI recruitment
-Group or unit stuck features
-Lots of objectives and missions
-Different ways to go about each mission Ex.Attack from the air or Attack from the ground with APCs

Medical system Features:
-Bleeding out based on the damage a unit took
-Unconscious
-AI auto heal and revive player and other AI

-lethal and non lethal shot

Let me know what you guys think. Cant wait for ECHO to come out too that update will be very good for this mod.

Its hard to see me change the radio channels because you can't see the cursor. 

• Like 2

Can  Voice attack auto-install with Echo?  Would be a neat feature.....Btw,will the A-37 Dragonfly be part of the Echo? Would like a A-10 like tank thingee that cand do all missions,but like an old Cas plane.

3 hours ago, john1 said:

Would like a A-10 like tank thingee that cand do all missions,but like an old Cas plane.

There is already a plane of that type, the skyraider which is in the mod.

yeah it's the granddaddy of the warthog.

never heard of voice attack sorry

not much new kit in echo, except a LOT of new weapon models, many fixes like to the hueys and planes, beautifully upgraded and completed versions of da krong and doung islands, etc. we have had to deal wit ha lot of problems caused by arma upgrades these past few weeks which has meant new items getting pushed back.

oh and new flechette rockets!

we have a lot of plans for Fox release including an A37.

Voice attack is a rather cool little application to convert speech to button presses in-game, somewhat easing the pain of things like the dreadful arma squad controls. I`ve used it once or twice before. Damn handy little thing :)

Echo has more than enough sweetness as it is, as all these guys will find out soon enough.

Hi Folks,

Huge fan of Voice Attack - don't know how you could play SP without it...

Best $10.00 I've ever spent on a program...

Use it as a virtual copilot in P3D as well...

Woofer is the man for VA profiles - copied his examples to suit my own tastes - just about every squad command has associated voice command...

Just watch his video - pretty impressive to me... He's shared his profiles as well...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Huge fan of Voice Attack - don't know how you could play SP without it...

Don't really play SP, i prefer playing Unsung on a server :f:

On ‎25‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 5:25 AM, devildog664 said:

Medical system Features:
-Bleeding out based on the damage a unit took
-Unconscious
-AI auto heal and revive player and other AI

-lethal and non lethal shot

Can we get a link? :>

1 hour ago, Scotty Rotten said:

Can we get a link? :>

Maybe don't know if I'm going to make it a separate release yet.