sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

An Easter release for Bravo would be great. Thanks to the Unsung Team for all the work and making the end of March a definite possibility for the release.

I was thinking just yesterday, I wish the NVA would speak Vietnamese, so Columdrum's efforts will be appreciated to add atmosphere.

I look forward to seeing the Dac Cong making an appearance again. I don't know what release that is planned for, I can wait for whenever it happens, there will be a lot to keep me busy with Bravo next month.

daccong are in bravo, along with ALL of the units and weapons from 2.6 + more.

daccong are in bravo, along with ALL of the units and weapons from 2.6 + more.

Outstanding !!

I was thinking just yesterday, I wish the NVA would speak Vietnamese, so Columdrum's efforts will be appreciated to add atmosphere.

Would it be possible to use the Mandarin Voice Pack from the Arma2 VME PLA Mod ( get permission) which is also used by the A3 China People's Liberation Army mod ? It's not 100% the same as Vietnamese but I think a lot better than Farsi :). If not let's hope for Chinese speaking units coming with Tanoa ;)

cheers

thanks but we already have a full vietnamese DSAI system built into the arma 2 version, which is being converted to A3..

Thanks for the uodate Eggbeast. Looking forward to an Easter release, but prepared to wait patiently as necessary.

meanwhile we just found this nice vid showcasing pre-2.6 material in Arma 2. Shows how cool our mod is, in terms of realistic detail, even 3 years ago. Great art direction by N8 - well done to him!

our hueys had amassive makeover by pook since this vid was shot - we now have about 20 variations of slick, dust-off, gunship, and golf cobra - all armed authentically.

you can tell it's pre-2.6 because the skyraiders have the old fixed loadouts, with the old style napalm canisters, and the supersabre has the fixed loadout of 12 Mk81s.  We debinned both of those birds in 2.6 and made 11 new loadouts per plane, with much better positioning, realistic pylon usage, improved ordnance models and better cannons etc.

The A3 skyraider and supersabre will knock your socks off as we now have multi-barrel tracers on planes...

enjoy

• Like 4

Cool video Eggbeast. Looking forward to the A-1 when it is released. I think it is a much needed type of aircraft for A3. Able to fly low and slow with a heavy payload and long loiter time over the mission area. Is the OV-10 Bronco going to receive a similar upgrade? I can't remember if it has been mentioned as being included.

tuning into the match 1960's style - with the heavy-ass clunky PRC-90 hand radio

prc90_zpsutffohcz.jpg

• Like 5

we don't have a bronco.

Might be able to help you with one of those, drop me a PM.

G'day Eggbeast,

Sorry about that. I must have gotten mixed up between Unsung and VTE. I know somebody had a Bronco. Looking forward to your next progress report.

rockets and grenade launchers today.....

I am seeing some very strange behaviour with RPGs / LAW etc in Arma 3. the old model special seems not to work any more based on "isequipped" but rather it seems to be based on "isloaded" kinda thing. As a result the LAW which should be closed and loaded on your shoulder, is open!!. gonna need to think of a way to get it to close...

RPG2 demo of new sight picture and trails:

rpg2_1_zpsu7dolvjm.jpg

B40 demonstrates back-blast and fins-open rocket

rpg2_zpsicohqksx.jpg

improved strela sight picture

strela1_zpsqdz0tbhr.jpg

improved RPG-7 sight picture

rpg7_zpshzsvrq3e.jpg

China Lake, M79 sawn-off and M-72 LAW in inventory, note range of grenades

m791_zps9hcrnnx4.jpg

• Like 5

RPK's done

rpk_zpsozwv4jcx.jpg

Damn it looks nice! What I really love about this mod apart from the uniforms :P is that every time I come back on the forums you guys have something new posted!

they are generally models by vilas, with added slings from unsung 2.5, animations / proxies by me and ryan plus my config work and 2d art, and sav's sounds,  it's a big team effort.

every weapon we have had either no model.cfg or very few animations in the model.  we've been bringing them up to a new standard for 3.0b

Hello UNSUNG Team :)

First thanks for your job, I really appreciate the 2.6 version, however: sorry if it was already asked, but what is the "Field Dressing kit" present in one of the picture?

well I added that in 2.6, so you could part heal on the fly.

Arma 3 stole our idea ;) so in A3, the field dressing is just a patch over the top of the futuristic yellow firstaidkit item.

We are planning a more detailed medic system potentially in charlie release.

bit of nostalgia here - quick preview of the forthcoming unsung bravo release (not)

• Like 1

well we've just started test building for bravo.

we're still a good 3-4 weeks off a release.

it's looking hopeful anyway!

currently working:

- new Doung Island

- approx 150 weapons

- all mags and ammo

- all units from 2.6

- uniforms, vests, headgear, necklaces and backpacks

- new ammo crates

- F100, F105, F111, A1, A3b, A4, A6, A7, E2, C1a, O2, DC3

- M113s

- PBRs

- Sampans

- Urals

- Willy jeeps

- H13

Hoped for:

- statics

- BTR40s
- T34/55
- zu truck/ s60 truck / shilka
- nva patrol boats
- m48 and m551 tanks
- Hueys

- A1G
- F4

- H34

- SA2 and AAA

some pics

armed jeeps (we have one with a recoilless rifle too) - these are a stand-in til we get the new hi-def model working in-game

beta5_zpsfnvweik9.jpg

PBR's - m2, mk18 and flamethrower versions

beta6_zpsfzh4trvf.jpg

and floating H13 rescue / recon heli

beta3_zpsf4ilnkip.jpg

planes

beta1_zpsp4mdxuiw.jpg

more planes

beta2_zpsl1incj95.jpg

vulcan and commando - the m113's are just out of shot.

beta4_zpstb3gevq2.jpg

• Like 8

- F100, F105, F111, A1, A3b, A4, A6, A7, E2, C1a, O2, DC3

Will all these be featured in the next release...I think I just wet my pants a bit (I might add that the A6 is for some reason one of my favorite planes >.<)

yeah they work in-game right now

we're gonna be testing stuff for a month tops, then release.

Can we see some pics from your new island, Doung?