sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

WHEN IT IS DONE!  You should know better than to ask. 

Weeks if not months away from the Bravo release. 

• Like 1

Just making conversation,didn`t meant to piss you off,just want it soo bad,sorry.

If possible, in some future release, I'd like to be able to have AI walk across the foot bridge that's west - south west from Camp Sarge. Its a real pain getting friendly AI across the river there, its easier to herd cats. Using boats isn't much better and helo insertion doesn't always make sense depending on the mission (nearest viable landing zone too far away sort of thing).

An hour later and after at least one drowning you're ready for your patrol ;) .

Just my 2 cents.

always good to have AI bridge feedback.  "Bohemia Interactive AI - fecking up river crossings since 2003"

However, we did observe an NVA truck speeding across the bridge near Bahnar village last night - left us flabbergasted.

re the personalised jeep request - sorry that is quite unlikely!

we do have a new model jeep, but more on this later.

Yeah unlike some mods we don't go overboard by demonstrating all sorts of different pics of vehicles and units.  Much of what we do is revealed only by playing the mod.

You sure like accusing other people if stealing your work even though some mods were released months before your alpha even was released. 

Apparently the jeeps are amphibious as well. We tested them and we can travel across deep rivers with them.

• Like 1

You sure like accusing other people if stealing your work even though some mods were released months before your alpha even was released. 

Considering our mod has been around for 12 years it would be safe to say we are certain when we start accusing people of ripping our content.

• Like 1

um what are you talking about? that is not what he said lol.  Has someone been sniffing the krazy krayons?

I think, here, pook is talking about how much content is in our mod, compared to many other mods like a single vehicle port, which comes with a surplus of video footage, screenshots and manuals etc, when ours has thousands of items, vehicles, weapons, units etc, and we don't go overboard showing it off.

(edit) ah did you mean the other vietnam mod?  if so, then yes, there is currently an investigation underway into how some of our models skins got into that mod without our permission.  That is being handled by a private discussion between sgt_savage and their leader, and should be resolved shortly.

I wish people would be more erudite in their posts!

• Like 1

When the choppers are released, will they have a advanced flight model, or will that not be a priority?

did this mod start from ofp? I remember a mod like this we used in RTS3.

really awesome work guys..

• Like 1

did this mod start from ofp? I remember a mod like this we used in RTS3.

really awesome work guys..

Yea they did (OFP Thread is here) :)

• Like 2

Let's investigate this shall we Mr. 9 posts?

I typed:

"Yeah unlike some mods we don't go overboard by demonstrating all sorts of different pics of vehicles and units.  Much of what we do is revealed only by playing the mod."

Meaning:  SOME MODS LIKE TO POST PICTURES OF THEIR WIP STUFF.  WE ARE TOO DAMN BUSY TO BE BOTHERED WITH "ARE WE THERE YET" REPLIES.  WE FIND THINGS THAT AREN'T DISCOVERED ONLY BY PLAY-TESTING THE MOD.  THIS IS WHY WE DON'T HAVE A MILLION "SMALL" UPDATES EVERY WEEK.  WE ALL DO THIS AS A HOBBY "FOR FUN" LOL AND THAT MEANS WE ONLY DISCOVER THINGS AS WE ENCOUNTER THEM"

OK.

So where oh where in my statement do I come across accusing anyone of anything?  I am thinking of two words... one rhymes with DUCK and the other with GOFF.

• Like 2

You know what, I'm not feeding the trolls.  Edited to be more succinct.

Please provide support for your statement that I have copied anything from anyone.

I stand behind what I do.  DO NOT QUESTION MY INTEGRITY.  I couldn't care what you think about me... call me a dickhead all day long.  I may be an asshole, but I'm an HONEST ONE.

• Like 1

pook i think he meant this post, though he didn't explain himself at all well.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176893-the-unsung-vietnam-mod-30-wip-thread/page-32#entry2972063

my answer stands - we thought it was clean but on detailed analysis the other day we found airplane and unit skins that belong to us in that mod.

I'm hoping Mac and sav will talk in PM about it soon.

tip: if you find yourself typing in red, foot high letters, maybe go for a gentle walk around the garden lol

some of the folks on this forum make me do that quite quite often.

• Like 3

Yea they did (OFP Thread is here) :)

I thought so.. I join here 2002 or 4 or something but took me years to remember pass word..so no matter new dr death jm ...

I asked bis if thed add me to my old one but , they never got back to me.. so theres another dr death jm .. I loged into that account about 2 years ago..

you guys make awesome mod .. ill add it to rts3 soon as I'm finished porting it over...  

I thought so.. I join here 2002 or 4 or something but took me years to remember pass word..so no matter new dr death jm ...

I asked bis if thed add me to my old one but , they never got back to me.. so theres another dr death jm .. I loged into that account about 2 years ago..

you guys make awesome mod .. ill add it to rts3 soon as I'm finished porting it over...  

Before you do, remember that the current Alpha release class names are temporary.  The upcoming Bravo release is planned to have the "real" classnames.

tip: if you find yourself typing in red, foot high letters, maybe go for a gentle walk around the garden lol

some of the folks on this forum make me do that quite quite often.

Hey maybe unlike his avatar maybe pook was no longer a "happy camper"? Let out the feels.

Hey maybe unlike his avatar maybe pook was no longer a "happy camper"? Let out the feels.

Yeah Bad weed I guess :P

• Like 1

Hi,

Radio Relay Vandergrift could use a path for infantry to move in and out of the base. As it is now you have to climb over rocks and AI really can't navigate through the area. Whether you are using it as a LZ to drop troops off from Camp Sarge to operate in the north west or you are defending the base from a VC overrun, AI needs help getting around.

just my thoughts.

:ph34r:

Hi everyone,

Unsung "Miette NAM" mission released on ArmaHolic!

I'm looking for updates in order to clean external addons like Medium Utility Helicopter (Nice mod but if Unsung can be self-sufficient for helos and jets....)

Need some feedback and don't hesitate for new scenarios ideas.

Thanks

Pierre