sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Hey mate, I've already sent you a message thanking you guys for this awesome work for A2. If you guys are still in need of someone to help you to create a new map just send me a PM, I'll be very proud to help you out!

Cheers!

any chance of you guys collaborating with the Air Cav Vietnam mod guys? I've spent a few hours on their server and its a heck of a lot of fun.

any chance of you guys collaborating with the Air Cav Vietnam mod guys? I've spent a few hours on their server and its a heck of a lot of fun.

If you mean the 7th Cav mod guys, they use some of the Unsung 2.+ mod ported I believe. They give credit to the Unsung Mod and the VTE mod. So in a way they already are collaborating, you can in part, thank the Unsung guys that you had so much fun on the 7th Cav's server :)

their steam page lists VTE and other non nam mods, but does not credit unsung. having looked through their screenies we cannot see any unsung content.

this is good, as we have not allowed it to be ported to A3, inasmuch as you cannot disseminate any unsung files separate from the unsung 2.6 pbo pack released for A2..

we will in due course release our A3 alpha.  nobody is allowed to take parts of unsung separately.

okay, well I was sure I read it somewhere on the Steam page, my mistake.

no problem - we're always happy to chase down any potential piracy of the mod content... we owe it to previous authors in the team

their steam page lists VTE and other non nam mods, but does not credit unsung. having looked through their screenies we cannot see any unsung content.

this is good, as we have not allowed it to be ported to A3, inasmuch as you cannot disseminate any unsung files separate from the unsung 2.6 pbo pack released for A2..

we will in due course release our A3 alpha.  nobody is allowed to take parts of unsung separately.

Yeah it is coming along, albeit slowly.  We are working on making it "RIGHT" instead of racing to the finish line with unpolished content.  It takes time!

Just wanted to say that i loved this mod on arma 2 and i'm looking forward to being able to dangle my legs off the side of a Huey as Vietnam rushes underneath once again. Keep up the sterling work guys :)  

no problem - we're always happy to chase down any potential piracy of the mod content... we owe it to previous authors in the team

I haven't seen any piracy in the air cav mod.  I think they used the MGB Vietnam map, which was eventually added in the UNSUNG mod, but I am pretty sure all of that was credited.  The UNSUNG mod is pretty distinct because it has very nice and authentic details, like sandbags and packs on the APCs or tanks, smoke grenades hanging off the helicopters, and the wide variety of infantry gear/uniforms.  They also have very detailed helmets, textures and models for the infantry.  It is nice, and I would love to see it with the new ARMA 3 graphics engine.

Alright fellas here are some ingame pics of US Army and some USMC troops.  You can see the difference with the US Army and USMC M1 helmet bands.  The US Army has the thinner OD green helmet band and the USMC troops have the thicker black helmet bands.  Enjoy:

http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Wendell_C_Stone/library/?view=recent&page=1

• Like 6

Thanks glad you guys like it.  Remember it is going to be an alpha....  Basically bluefor and opfor infantry units with the common nam weapons.  Basically something to keep you guys happy with playing Nam in Arma 3, while the Team works on other ports tanks, apc, jets, planes etc etc...  Pretty much what you guys seen in UNS 2.6.  Right now just waiting on the US Army Divisional and Brigade patches and the implementation of enlisted and officer ranks for the US Army troops.

Nice pics. For now infantry would be enough to make some missions. Maybe xmas gift? :P

Way before X-Mas buddy. B)

Oh man you just made my day.

I love the detail right down to the dog tags.

Love the detail of these models.  Everything from the ALICE packs to the web belt, and the fact you can see the brim of the helmet liner sitting under the metal helmet.  They are really a work of art.

Yes a Alpha Release of the ported UNS 2.6 Opfor and Blufor Infantry with the common Nam small arms will be out soon.  I can't say the exact day, but lets say way before X-Mas 2015.  Sit tight fellas. ;)

Nice !! Great news !

Those models are great ! Thanks to make possible a great A3 Vietnam atmosphere with some detailed vietnam war era content !

Alright guys here are more pics for your enjoyment.  I am going to add flakvested US Army uniform versions as well into arsenal for the 23rdID, 25thID, 11thACR, 9thID,101stAB , and 4thID.  As of now it is only the USMC that has flak vest.  Once we get a flakvested model for the US Army guys I will implement the new US Army flak vest unirforms into arsenal as well.  OBTW looking for a 3D Artist who can make a early war period US Army soldier model that can wear the Type 1 OG-107 uniform.  PM me if you can.  Thanks  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OG-107

Oh here are the new screens on the uniforms in arsenal: http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Wendell_C_Stone/library/?sort=3&page=1

There is mostly US Army and some Marines here and there.

Mind you it is going to be a vast array of uniforms to choose from, simply because of the ranks made for each uniform.

• Like 4

Thanks glad you like them.  Thanks to Razorback our Island Maker for the new webgear, hats, and helmets.  We have over 22 M1 helmet variations so far. :D

OK here are more pics...  18 new pics.... A SFtroop(Need Green Beret hat with 5thSFG flash on it though), 9 different US Army flak unit types, and pic of Marine with flak.  The reason I threw in the Marine with flak, is to see the comparison of the US Army and USMC uniform texture and of course the helmetband differences.  Gonna add 1stBrig 5thID Flak uniform set as well.  Enjoy  Cheers! http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Wendell_C_Stone/library/?view=recent&page=1

• Like 2