sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Awesome liveries! One queston: The Bronco will be included in the new release? Thx! :)

yes.

good job on the showcase sav, they all look amazing in game.

Glad to hear the OV-10 will soon be arriving.

My grandfather once owned a Cessna Skymaster and from what my mother says it was a piece of junk, rear engine was constantly overheating and would bleed a lot of speed in any sort of turn. I'm sure hanging munitions on the wings and stuffing it full of radios wouldn't have helped much either. I'm amazed it saw such use as an observation/FAC aircraft.

But the bronco was a whole other ballgame, we talk to a guy who flew 300+ covey missions in Laos and he loved his bronco

Looking great cant wait to try some of the new stuff thats coming. 

In the mean time 

This is without any scripts thats all AI doing the CAS run. As i said a while ago in the addons completed section i would like to offer what little help i can with this awesome mod. PM if your interested and i can send you the files to look at. Keep up the great work! 

• Like 1

On 6.12.2018 at 5:41 PM, snoops_213 said:

This is without any scripts thats all AI doing the CAS run. As i said a while ago in the addons completed section i would like to offer what little help i can with this awesome mod. PM if your interested and i can send you the files to look at. Keep up the great work! 

Great that you got it firing at all. In the upcoming Fox Spooky support call, I use BIS_fnc_fire deliberately to have the AC-47 spray fire most of the time. It can be a bit dangerous to BLUFOR on map...

UNSUNG Echo and  Prei Khmaoch Luong´s  Threads closed on released mod section... Is it Foxtrot incoming, or some issue team wise? (I hope it´s the first)?

This is going to be a very Armish Christmas round here! Lovely!

Cheers and kudos for the team!

• Thanks 1

Why are most of the weapons invisible? (M16s and XME variants mostly) I already downloaded the mod three times already and ran it without other mods. It's still invisible. Help? 

15 minutes ago, Rex Imperator said:

Why are most of the weapons invisible? (M16s and XME variants mostly) I already downloaded the mod three times already and ran it without other mods. It's still invisible. Help? 

You are using the steam version? If so verify your game cache.

all artillery pieces still have no ammo and therefore cannot fire. i've tried adding magazines/ammo to them manually but still no luck.

I just did a quick test of the 81mm mortar. They are working fine for me. Im just using Unsung and cba for mods. I was playing ai against ai. 

guys we do get quite frustrated with the "bug reports" that are not actually bugs.

if artillery wasnt working or weapons were invisible, i am sure one of us would have noticed in the 40-man op we played this afternoon.

please take some time to check your game files without any mods loaded but unsung before posting any reports

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Could you add a A-26 Invader to the list of aircraft?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a question about the RUG DSAI module. When placed down it has the option for what to apply it to. Does this mean it'll only make units that the module is synced to talk? Or does it simply existing make the units talk?

@Grizzly58 If I recall correctly in the module option you can either apply it to synced units, or units in a trigger which is synced to the module, there might be a third option but I'm not sure exactly.

Though, this will sound like a stupid question, but what does the RUG DSAI module exactly do?

Asking this cause I've never actually used it in my missions cause AI still speaks nonetheless (not that I don't like them speaking, I think it's cool), so I never felt the need to use that module since AI seems to speaks without it. Was wondering if I l missed anything cool by not using the module.

PS: not sure if this should be asked here or in the other Unsung thread so sorry if it's not in the right thread.

iirc you only need to use the module if you wish to modify the default DSAI talking, either to limit it to a side or to remove it.

figured out my problem after well over a year. simply delete the mk6 pbo from ace and artillery works again. sorry i'm so retarded.

@pognivet - good to know thanks, we'll look into why ACE breaks our mortars

Ran an op with artilery today and ace, however did not have issue with artillery not having ammo. Could be using ammo handling from ace?

• Thanks 1