sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

The radio feature was added back in a recent update.

Hi...

AWESOME !!!

Really enjoyed this feature in A2... Thanks so much for the heads up and to whomever did the port as well... Bravo Zulu !

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The full module isnt imported yet

the dsai module controls AI voices

rhe other resources module used to control my melee refuel dynamic rearm and liferaft/ shark stuff

we’ee slowly replacing each function

• Like 1

On 25/08/2018 at 9:35 AM, pognivet said:

Just noticed two new modules under a category called "Unsung".

One is "Unsung Rug Dsai" and the other is "Unsung Radio".

I couldn't find any info on these. What do they do? How does one use them?

I'm also having another problem. No mortars have any ammo in them and they will never fire.

I'm trying to get a VC mortar to fire on a USMC platoon when they cross a field using this code:

mort1 doArtilleryFire [[(random [2674,3174,3674]), (random [1479, 1979,2479]), (random [0, 25, 50])], "uns_8Rnd_82mmHE_M1941", 1];

mort1 is the name of the mortar vehicle.

The problem is that the mortar has no ammo in it and it can never be refilled, so it will never fire. It seems to be this way with all the mortars I've tried. Is there some way to shove ammo in there through scripting or is this just a glitch?

Sounds like u might be using other conflixting mods. Check you can fire artillery directly

On 25.8.2018 at 9:35 AM, pognivet said:

Just noticed two new modules under a category called "Unsung".

One is "Unsung Rug Dsai" and the other is "Unsung Radio".

I couldn't find any info on these. What do they do? How does one use them?

The Rug Dsai Module has been introduced to control the AI voices. If you set it to false, the AI voices will cease.

The Unsung Radio Module controls the setup for radios and the support that can be acquired. For example, if you want to restrict the available west transport helicopter to the CH-34 US Marine Corps, set

West Transport
['uns_ch34_USMC']

I actually had hoped those modules would be self explanatory, if need be I can create a video to illustrate it...

• Like 2

Hey Eggbeast;

FYI; the link to the Unsung Classnames is broken. Do you have another link that I could access?

thanks

On 8/27/2018 at 1:46 AM, eggbeast said:

Sounds like u might be using other conflixting mods. Check you can fire artillery directly

I tried getting in a few different mortars and artillery pieces and they're all empty of ammo, but I'm pretty sure they worked before. I'm not using any other mods with it except for stuff like Bloodlust. Does it work for everyone else? I'll try to narrow down the problem if I can.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:44 AM, TeTeT said:

The Rug Dsai Module has been introduced to control the AI voices. If you set it to false, the AI voices will cease.

The Unsung Radio Module controls the setup for radios and the support that can be acquired. For example, if you want to restrict the available west transport helicopter to the CH-34 US Marine Corps, set

West Transport
['uns_ch34_USMC']

I actually had hoped those modules would be self explanatory, if need be I can create a video to illustrate it...

Thanks. No video necessary. I understand now.

just cooked up a couple of support trucks using whatever was to hand...

hEDBv4v.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

a few more options on the table - not pretty, but they should plug the gap

IqC9V43.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2018 at 9:04 AM, eggbeast said:

a few more options on the table - not pretty, but they should plug the gap

have you experimented using the cargo system? that way you could have a mixed supply

I'm curious about the vehicles, will Blackout Lights be a feature for convoy concealment?

@eggbeast: do you still accept donations in order to buy new vehicle/weapon models ?

• Thanks 1

Insanity prevails, thanks Jeza!

@lato190 yes, we have paypal (please PM me for details) or patreon routes for donations towards models / public and team data server costs.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Hi guys!

Why is it that more planes (A-1, A-4, A-7, etc.) it not turning right normally? (I not use other mods.) It's like it slides, not turn. In Arma2, and pervious Arma3 versions I have not experienced this wrong issue. Thx! :)

2 hours ago, axtros said:

Hi guys!

Why is it that more planes (A-1, A-4, A-7, etc.) it not turning right normally? (I not use other mods.) It's like it slides, not turn. In Arma2, and pervious Arma3 versions I have not experienced this wrong issue. Thx! :)

I have same issue, because the rudder and wheel are binded to the same keys (standard A3 settings) they work against each other. going right means the rudder wants the force the plane right, and the wheel wants to send it left i think.

At higher speeds the rudder overpowers the wheel and controls become normal again. Does anyone know how to make this work ? other controle settings ? i would love to know. 

16 minutes ago, k4ble said:

the first 20 seconds

As eggbeast said this seems to be fixed/resolved in the current beta version of Unsung. Not in the current release.

On 1/12/2018 at 6:21 PM, jeza said:

Thank you :D

Thank you very much Jeza and also nice video !   :z:

• Like 1