sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Quick question, is there a way to disable the random headgear (for example the gas mask, the dog tags and others) that appear in units in the editor, they mess with the vanilla and other units from.mods. It makes it defecult to make mod pack.
Thanks.

(I am trying to make a mod pack based in the 70s to make missions such as the 6-day war, Falklands war, and others, the war in Afghanistan)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lefterboy123 said:

Quick question, is there a way to disable the random headgear (for example the gas mask, the dog tags and others) that appear in units in the editor, they mess with the vanilla and other units from.mods. It makes it defecult to make mod pack.

The Mod is designed to be a standalone mod primarily. Also care to clarify what you mean by a mod pack? I hope the Unsung will only been used as a dependency?

The Mod is designed to be a standalone mod primarily. Also care to clarify what you mean by a mod pack? I hope the Unsung will only been used as a dependency?
Yeah of course! I have not modified or moved the files from the mod, my question is if it is possible to disable the headgear (front the mod) that are spawning with units that shouldn't have them, within the game without having to modify each individual unit in the arsenal! Thanks

2 hours ago, Lefterboy123 said:

Yeah of course! I have not modified or moved the files from the mod, my question is if it is possible to disable the headgear (front the mod) that are spawning with units that shouldn't have them, within the game without having to modify each individual unit in the arsenal! Thanks

In the wiki entry about uniforms, a bit further down, there is mention of "FIA headgear and facewear randomization". Among the solutions to remove the function from units that are configed to call for randomization, it mentions "For units placed from the editor, disableRandomization should be used (mission config file)." Is that of any help? 

Okay so first half is a serious question, second is my own little bit of fun for an hour I wanna share.

Question: so I wanted to ask not about silly dates or future content but Data on Percentages and Statistics; as in since the mod is so old and long standing, what % of the content from the old games has been Restored/Ported to ArmA 3 & how much hasn't/has yet to be ported. And How much percentage of "New" content has been added to exclusively ArmA 3.

Fun time!: for those want an extra side of Vietnam era Awesome! I wanna share a lil Japanese Manga I just picked up recently, For those who didn't know about it, --

--Called; Apocalypse Meow. there's a sequel set in the 1980's but we'll focus on the First series set in Vietnam! This Anthropomorphic Chornicle, yes you heard right, Features The Americans as Rabbits, Vietnamese as Cat's, The British as Rats & so on & so on. As stated in the first page; "Don't let these animals fool you-----this Nightmarish experience is well researched and carefully crafted around the history of the conflict."

Side note: the author chose animals instead of humans is because he thought it would sell better because of the controversies. Also Love how one of the side characters is a Pilot Flying the upcoming OV-10! love that plane!!!

http://fanfox.net/manga/apocalypse_meow/v01/c001/1.html

Apocalypse_Meow_v01_017.jpg?token=6781f5Apocalypse_Meow_v01_028.jpg?token=9b93ca

• Like 3

well i don't know about %ages, all I can say is that there's a LOT of content sitting in the unsung vault waiting for a pair of hands to show an interest

• Thanks 1

some examples:

A37

AC119

AC130

B52

EA6B

F3D

F8

F101

OV1

OV10
O1
RA-5C

CH46

CH54

OH58

OH6

UH-1B

AH-1G

M-109
M-50

M35 variants
M-41

M-42

USS Essex
USS Oriskany

Mi6

Mig15

Mig17

Mig19
bicycle

motorbike
2S1
PT76
PAVN Torpedo boat

+ various maps

+ various buildings

+ various reworked units and kit

+ claymore clacker, life-raft, sharks, refuel can and fuel syphon, melee system, dynamic cockpit rearm system, etc etc

There's a lot more stuff in our archive, we just have a very small team, and need help with it from people who don't turn up enthusiastic, then after a week or two of using up our time to show them around, deliver absolutely nothing and then stop responding to messages lol.

It's sad but nowadays we ask people to pick a task and deliver it before they are invited to join the dev team.

Plenty of work to do, some really creative stuff too, just needs commitment and an ability to learn/ take advice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Cool Bananas :yay: but to break it down a lil, how much stuff is from the Old games & how much is new that wasn't apart of the old mods before that is in-game now, doesn't have to be whats coming in Fox or the future. all in all It's not life ending stuff I wanna know just got curious if there was Percentage number I could juggle in my head, I like numbers, just to get giddy about on any new stuff unseen to a Bohemian gamer's weary eyes... :f:

1st: also as you Lads suspect I have been doing more reading and got curious; could anyone I.D. that Heavy Hauler toting the Artillery up the 'Minh Trail? 

2nd: And speaking of the Trail, I think 'Nam Map makers should read this cause (I'm F*cking kicking myself for kinda spoiling this great read right now) the MCs are part of SOG and do recon up the track a lot & just look at that interesting way of camoflaging the track from the air...and it make ya think; "Huh... wonder how we could make that work ingame???" and of course the lovely French relic that's gonna go BOOM!

1st:

Apocalypse_Meow_v01_042.jpg?token=21a26f         

2nd:

Apocalypse_Meow_v01_072.jpg?token=2fc033Apocalypse_Meow_v01_073.jpg?token=36f8b4

• Like 1

On 4-4-2018 at 5:14 PM, Digger James said:

also as you Lads suspect I have been doing more reading and got curious; could anyone I.D. that Heavy Hauler toting the Artillery up the 'Minh Trail? 

That one would be a polish D-350 "MAZUR". A few where apparently used by the NVA. 

tgnfVef.jpg

• Like 6

still a way to go with the decals but the silver Hun is looking natty

JlRRvn9.jpg

• Like 15

we have those already - look in the artillery section of the editor.

• Thanks 1

finally sussed out how to do shiny napalm

At long last it does justice to Mykes amazing model and texture work

H4neeBd.jpg

d266kKm.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Digger James said:

Sweet! and how far along is the B-52 if I may inquire?

Soon™ Basically no work has been done on it yet for not having anyone assigned or involved to do it yet. I think there was a want to convert it to it's proper time period correct model from the model we have with a re-texture which will come in due time. If you know anyone wanting to do that sort of work feel free to contact Eggbeast through PM.

On 27/03/2018 at 2:05 AM, eggbeast said:

some upgrades underway in the aircraft department:

F-100 and A1

- added new supershader rvmats so both planes now have shine and depth - thanks to nodunit

- upgraded nohq and smdi and AS textures - thanks to horriblegoat and nodunit

- added new damage rvmats

- added advanced damage model

- added advanced sounds to F-100

- completely rebuilt distance lods, shadow, geometry, wrecks and proxies to optimise them

- fixed smoothing groups on models - thanks nodunit for tuition

- added new pilot animations

- added ejector seat to F-100

- added new 4k Navy texture for A1 - thanks Timms, you are an artist sir!

pics:

Fantastic!

Lately I've been getting into flying CAS than the normal ground pounding and have developed a real love for this aircraft.  With the new 4k setup i put together a few months ago, its MUCH more apparent what is receiving your time and attention...I can't wait to see this in game =D

Sorry if this has been addressed, i swear i read something of this nature long ago,  but i cant find any info searching back...or its in the main thread.  But are you fellas keeping the current system of having different models of the same aircraft for different loadouts, like HBMB, CAS, HCAS, etc...and all using different class names, or moving too a modular system like dynamic loadout for a single model?  I would think it would really help cutdown on the mod size(Not that i give a ****, but i would imagine it being a concern in certain regards).

As always, awesome work guys, thanks for sharing with the community & world your art.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules.

it is using one model, just has different config classes which occupy maybe 0.5kb each in size.

our mod had dynamic loadouts in arma 2 and they still work in arma 3 if you use the module.

we will be adding editable loadouts in due course

Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time getting an AI crewed UH-34 Stinger to actually attack anything.  I've never managed to get it to engage the enemy with either MGs or rockets, only the door gunner incidentally getting a few shots in.  Any tips?  Known bug?

Thanks for any insight and most of all thanks for the mod!

thanks, we'll pass this to our beta test team to see if we can repro the issue

On 04/04/2018 at 4:44 PM, eggbeast said:

some examples:

There's a lot more stuff in our archive, we just have a very small team, and need help with it from people who don't turn up enthusiastic, then after a week or two of using up our time to show them around, deliver absolutely nothing and then stop responding to messages lol.

It's sad but nowadays we ask people to pick a task and deliver it before they are invited to join the dev team.

Plenty of work to do, some really creative stuff too, just needs commitment and an ability to learn/ take advice.

eggbeast is unfortunately right in his explanation, particularly regarding the recruitment. Sad to say we are suffering with the same decease...

But do not worry guys, even with a small team, I am sure the Unsung team members are giving all their passion, and free time to provide you guys with one of the best historical mod on ArmA series.

Just be patient and you will see your dream becoming true. If you have experience in modelling or scripting and are hard-worker, stop complaining and go to help the Unsung Team.

Our teams (OFrP and Indochine) are both with you ! Keep it great ! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lovely words TF,

merci et salut!

EB

• Like 1

Hey guys, Been working with egg for a little bit and i have isolated the CTD 's for the A2 maps and passed on some fixes.I also done some work with the A2 islands regarding veg from Tanoa.I spotted some errors in code and pased on the solutions.

I'll leave it with you guys now  :)Best of luck team.

Forgot to add -

The ponds from the SVN work fine now.The reflection from the water surface might need toning down a touch.

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven
Added Ponds info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1