sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

thanks to IanBanks at the A3 discord, we now also have traps, grenades and accessories that do not break other mods.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Those MUTTs look amazing!  Very much looking forward to this next update!

• Like 1

thanks to Commy on A3 discord, we now have fully working Zeus menu lists for our classes.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HaceElOso said:

Those MUTTs look amazing!  Very much looking forward to this next update!

Technically those are not MUTTs, those are CJ-3 class Jeeps different, but also period correct and used in Nam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A lot of fixes for Zeus:

- random AI voices silenced

- now placeable:

--- full set of units (blufor and opfor)

--- traps and mines

--- houses and objects

--- packs, vests, headgear, etc.

• Like 6

Hi!

I'm trying to use this medical building in my mission, but I can´t find it in the editor as "Building" or "Structure". Could someone help me?

sRT67jG.png

8 hours ago, Aggressor653 said:

Hi!

I'm trying to use this medical building in my mission, but I can´t find it in the editor as "Building" or "Structure". Could someone help me?

I believe it may just not be there in the editor. We've pushed an editor and zeus fix in the latest update which will be going out shortly in which might solve your issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if somebody of you shot a B 40 RPG, you also explosian, or just I?

• Confused 1

Just curious, what controls the Unsung backpack radio menu? I'm talking about the one that can be used via scrollwheel when you have some of the backpacks on to play music/radio channels, not TFAR. 

I don't seem to have the option to bring up the scrollwheel menu, and was wondering what conditions make it work. I thought it could possibly be related to me not having the weapons bound to a scrollwheel? I have no idea why that would affect it, but only thing I can think of that's different between me and other people who have been able to use the radios. Crate-based radios work fine, just backpacks do not. 

8 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Just curious, what controls the Unsung backpack radio menu? I'm talking about the one that can be used via scrollwheel when you have some of the backpacks on to play music/radio channels, not TFAR. 

I don't seem to have the option to bring up the scrollwheel menu, and was wondering what conditions make it work. I thought it could possibly be related to me not having the weapons bound to a scrollwheel? I have no idea why that would affect it, but only thing I can think of that's different between me and other people who have been able to use the radios. Crate-based radios work fine, just backpacks do not. 

This should help! 

TL:DW, If you want to use it out of infantry slot, it has to initiate in a radio slot AT LEAST ONCE and then you'll be able to scroll to receive an option to pull up the radio interface. After that it can sit anywhere in your inventory until you take it out.

If you want to play it from a vehicle or crate then it just has to be in the vehicle inventory and then the scroll wheel option should then be available .

• Like 2

my advice: never change scroll wheel settings or middle mouse button or TAB in arma controls, as they cause unpredictable results.

• Like 3

On 21.3.2018 at 7:00 PM, t.g.1911 said:

if somebody of you shot a B 40 RPG, you also explosian, or just I?

Please try to shoot a B 40, it will kill yourself. I downloaded it twice, nothing change

1 hour ago, t.g.1911 said:

Please try to shoot a B 40, it will kill yourself. I downloaded it twice, nothing change

running any other mods or addons?

it has a he warhead so be careful to take cover when using it

some upgrades underway in the aircraft department:

F-100 and A1

- added new supershader rvmats so both planes now have shine and depth - thanks to nodunit

- upgraded nohq and smdi and AS textures - thanks to horriblegoat and nodunit

- added new damage rvmats

- added advanced damage model

- added advanced sounds to F-100

- completely rebuilt distance lods, shadow, geometry, wrecks and proxies to optimise them

- fixed smoothing groups on models - thanks nodunit for tuition

- added new pilot animations

- added ejector seat to F-100

- added new 4k Navy texture for A1 - thanks Timms, you are an artist sir!

pics:

1zJPVO6.jpg

fvxIgpI.jpg

ytbH2ge.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

On 24.3.2018 at 7:41 PM, R0adki11 said:

running any other mods or addons?

no just unsung

53 minutes ago, t.g.1911 said:

no just unsung

The B40 has a High Explosive warhead so its by design. Be careful on how you use it :f:

7 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

The B40 has a High Explosive warhead so its by design. Be careful on how you use it :f:

so it means I have to stey far away? How far?

fire it a few times, and you'll work it out. you don't need to ask a forum full of people that question surely?

this is a WIP thread. things we show here are not often yet released.

11 hours ago, Livgardet said:

Quick question, how do I re enable the ai voices that the mod removes? (Farsi, etc) 

Use the module in the editor under UNSUNG for rug_dsai and you should be able to disable it there via the options available. I believe this enables the default voices on vanilla units again.

• Like 1