Just had some fun making new LRP vest with

- rama's new smoke grenade models

- luchadors m16 bayonet and m67 nade

- von knudenbergs kabar and fulton flashlight

- working holster

more to follow in Fox.

Rqp4GGT.jpg

• Like 8

21199771_1687840437895609_6950496323863721200756_1688546261158360_115732016346172.pngRHS模组已经有精细的akm vz58 tt33 你打算做个精细的ak47吗?

This is an English language forum mate, maybe try using google translate when you post in it. ;)

• Like 2

The RHS module already has a fine AKM VZ58 TT33. Are you going to make a fine AK - 47?

yes we have all 3 of those weapons in unsung echo.

Well equipped VC regional forces operating in the Dakrong valley

nUaq46t.jpg

• Like 3

Hey eggbeast, nice work! Are you aware of this?

He seems to be quite talented with the huey, even in adding and altering the base arma modell to an UH-C!! Maybe he is willing to share?

Greetings

Those C models don't really look right for Vietnam era C models.

This is the model we intend to release, once we can get to work on it

we own these two, just haven't had much time to get onto it

Irk88Fo.jpg

l1zySBG.jpg

xEHiFbO.jpg

and this OH6

GyAfAvz.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, eggbeast said:

l1zySBG.jpg

People will literally gonna get Armagasm if you keep showing up this beautiful made models, either finished or untouched yet.

E.C.H.O. :down:

they will hopefully make it into Fox. they are too high poly for arma, as you can see! but we can work them down to something about 120k maybe. the m35 truck seems to work on with 120k polys

• Like 3

Wow, i didn´t know that. Nonetheless, he changed the standart uh-h to some different forms like italien ones (didn´t recall the number), so i thougt an UH-C engine would not be much of an problem for him.

But with those modells :don8:!!! By the way, are you getting the Mutt from Cleggy and Norsu?

WoW, that b looks amazing ! And is there a chance of seeing full auto Miniguns again ?

in vietnam they almost never fired miniguns for more than 3 seconds at a time. SOP was to fire it in bursts. you can't fire one shot, as the motor has to warm up and down. and firing on auto makes it overheat or feed badly - these are early versions of the miniguns you see today. also in arma making a gun sound right when its firing on every shot is almost impossible with a rapid firing weapon like this, so to have proper sound and firing behaviour, the burst mode is necessary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggbeast said:

in vietnam they almost never fired miniguns for more than 3 seconds at a time. SOP was to fire it in bursts. you can't fire one shot, as the motor has to warm up and down. and firing on auto makes it overheat or feed badly - these are early versions of the miniguns you see today. also in arma making a gun sound right when its firing on every shot is almost impossible with a rapid firing weapon like this, so to have proper sound and firing behaviour, the burst mode is necessary.

Well from what i found, the very early versions fired 6000 rounds/min which did cause feeding issues and in some cases overheating. But they reduced it quite quickly to 4000/min which decreased feeding issues drastically and stopped the overheating. As for the SOP there are quite a few videos out there of doorgunners just dumping as many rounds as they can in treelines and bushes. 

57 minutes ago, k4ble said:

Well from what i found, the very early versions fired 6000 rounds/min which did cause feeding issues and in some cases overheating. But they reduced it quite quickly to 4000/min which decreased feeding issues drastically and stopped the overheating. As for the SOP there are quite a few videos out there of doorgunners just dumping as many rounds as they can in treelines and bushes. 

They were fired at 2000 operationally on the gunships that had them, which Maj. Demailo says himself if you watch the full version of that video.  They were and are fired in bursts, like eggbeast said.  These guys have been working on Vietnam-era stuff for a long, long time, give them some credit that they know what they're doing and do things for a reason.  I imagine the AI would just go to town with a minigun and run the thing until it was dry if it was allowed to.

• Like 1

yeah i've read a lot of books by people who served as door gunners, pilots and crew chiefs, and all of them fired bursts only.

particularly on the forward firing pairs of guns, as these were very hard to clear jams while in flight.

what a lot of people don't realise is that for example the cobra chin gun jammed a lot - even during gulf war 1, loads of pilots were flying about unable to use their devastating main gun as it was unable to fire. so they used their rockets and TOWs and then went back for a rearm.

that's all the intel i needed to make the design decision we did.

am looking for some config help if anyone knows about particle effects logic:

new M19 models in game

qPp5DCq.jpg

made it a new authentic optic too

Pr5blUb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

if any of you guys fancy making a donation for a new model - i would very much like to order a new high def RPD (including sawn-off SOG version)

ideally with damage and wear like this one

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

anyone fancy donating towards it? should be about $70-80.

@eggbeast you might get some luck on Arma 3 Discord on this, in #creators_recruiting channel. Cannot guarantee success 100%, but it's worth a shot.

Here's an instant invite url to #creators_recruiting: https://discord.gg/EPWUUYQ

thanks mate. well luchador will build it for us, as he's the best weapon modeler we've ever seen, and affordable.

with a little essential help from hcpookie on the scripting issues, we now have working flare traps and punji traps once more - thanks!

• Like 6

Glad it works.  Smoke marker rounds should have the same exact check.  I know in the past setting the variable causes perhaps 1-3 smoke rounds to appear vs. just the 1x round.  I strongly suspect that's due to the variable taking a second to instantiate in memory.

I've updated all my scripts/functions according to the "Code Optimisation" BIKI article and that "isempty" check is reportedly faster than checking a variable or anything else.

• Like 2

gotcha, yeah i wondered about that, not used it myself before.

well i also swapped out the near entities for nearobjects figuring that might run a little faster, as we are using objects, and it's a smaller category to check.

thanks again for the timely pointer.

not many people understand this shit ;)

I also just added in the gas that Big Dawg gave us back in the day. that's still spawning way too many sounds and lasting too long - am in the process or refining that now

but it's good clean fun

• Like 2

I've got a question, it's already known that the A.I flying U.S Army helicopters such like the Iroquois (All the Iroquois choppers), which is the only i been playing so far tend to fly more than 600 meters of altitute, way too high.... and sometimes don't follow waypoint did i miss any fix patch for it, or is it coming with the release of echo?