sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

2 hours ago, TeTeT said:

That should be in as well, at least I see TFAR compatibility in the config for Echo. However it probably has only seen limited testing, due to lack of resources.

Glad to hear that.

2 hours ago, Barden said:

Added it to the post at the very bottom. Perhaps you can write a bug report or request on our forums so that we can hear your voices instead of you sitting there waiting for the years you apparently have! :)

I wrote it more as an observation then a request.

I was half expecting to see some rudimentary TFAR compat as early as Bravo release so no exagoration with those "years", but them some six or seven months ago eggbeast wrote here that He started working on some TFAR compatibility but He wasn t sure if it would be technically possible so I havn t touch that subject.

Regards. 

8 hours ago, bolo861 said:

I wrote it more as an observation then a request.

I was half expecting to see some rudimentary TFAR compat as early as Bravo release so no exagoration with those "years", but them some six or seven months ago eggbeast wrote here that He started working on some TFAR compatibility but He wasn t sure if it would be technically possible so I havn t touch that subject.

Regards. 

EDIT: editing this now to say in short what this post said before. It wasn't done due to us not wanted to create dependencies and us not knowing how to make TFAR compatible thinking it was like an ace compatible and required an external pbo which at the time we didn't want to do. Sorry we left it so long but most of the devs got those years play on UNSUNG Evolution without Ace or TFAR so we have no idea of the need for it. Unless people step up to help us in those matters or make their point out loud we won't know anything about what we have no obligation to do. 

• Like 2

some guy did make us a non- dependency TFAR compatible config, which i added for echo. it may be the cause of some rpt spam though. we need to assess it

On 9/21/2017 at 10:09 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Barden,

This is the same radio from Arma 2 that would let you call in jet air strikes as well ??? You would pick the number of jets - their course - their distance from you ???

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott ,

It is the same principal but not the same as A2 . The GUI you are referring to is not in it this time..

AND YES EVERYONE I'M STILL ALIVE!!! , Hope to see you all in ECHO release soon ;)

SaV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgt_savage said:

Hi Scott ,

It is the same principal but not the same as A2 . The GUI you are referring to is not in it this time..

AND YES EVERYONE I'M STILL ALIVE!!! , Hope to see you all in ECHO release soon ;)

SaV

Hi SaV,

Thanks for the response... Yeah been working on trying to recreate the functionality - haven't looked into anything regarding GUI's yet... Nice to see you still posting...

:thumb:

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, tyl3r99 said:

workshop soon :,( pwease 

OR, just figure out how to install mods.  Seems like I saw directions on how to do that thing on a sticky around here somewhere...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, tyl3r99 said:

workshop soon :,( pwease 

It will be released on the workshop with Echo, though installing mods manually isn't that hard. Eggbeast even did a video on how:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/176893-the-unsung-vietnam-mod-30-wip-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3227319

• Like 6

L2A1 with XM-148

hybrid model by eggbeast - NI Arms SLR + unsung barrel + Luchador xm148

KySZnSs.jpg

ZIL-157 trucks by Denis Leonov

D7iOmRv.jpg

Sa vz 61 Skorpion by BI

imported and animated by eggbeast

Smoke grenade boxes by RamaMarines

2YA7xvl.jpg

• Like 13

If I subscribe to the "unsung demo file only" item in the workshop, will I already be subscribed to the full mod release whenever you guys release it into the workshop? Like basically it'll just update and then I'll have Echo?

2 minutes ago, SkyNT19ht02 said:

If I subscribe to the "unsung demo file only" item in the workshop, will I already be subscribed to the full mod release whenever you guys release it into the workshop? Like basically it'll just update and then I'll have Echo?

Not that i am aware of. Whats the URL of the file?

1 hour ago, SkyNT19ht02 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

I wasn't sure if that's how it worked when he said in the comments that that would be the download page for the full mod release.

Yeah that will be afaik. I think that will be the case, the reason that's there is for steam crawler to work and hunt down and extra uploads but like stated that's where it'll be uploaded unless it we need to set up a new thing.

15 minutes ago, Barden said:

Yeah that will be afaik. I think that will be the case, the reason that's there is for steam crawler to work and hunt down and extra uploads but like stated that's where it'll be uploaded unless it we need to set up a new thing.

So it's like preordering but for mods lol

• Like 1

yes indeed! that's the right place to subscribe. though the files won't work at all until we release it.

should be a week or two max, but depends on resolving a few engine related issues first

various beta testing teams worked hard all weekend and we have a snagging list longer than my arm this week

so some of the items will by necessity get bumped to Fox.

triage time today!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, copper252 said:

Is the Loach coming in echo?

So far, yes.

• Like 2