sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Hey, I hate to ask you guys to do even more work, but I've been playing around with some Vietnam era mods for Il-2 1946 and was wondering if the 3000lb M118 could be added to the F-4 and F-105 in the future?

4 minutes ago, Polyus said:

Hey, I hate to ask you guys to do even more work, but I've been playing around with some Vietnam era mods for Il-2 1946 and was wonder if the 3000lb M118 could be added to the F-4 and F-105 in the future?

Thanks for posting. Looking a little into it, it could probably be added although that's not my decision. Of course the model would have to be made, then the specific aircraft loadout until we start doing dynamic loadouts, and then obviously before that we would have to create the actual code behind the bomb. Thanks for the suggestion just like said expect it in the future rather than sooner :)

• Like 3

i'm wanting the 750lb variant first.

can config in a heartbeat, just needs a model

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

M35 ?

Yeah. And guntruck variants. 5 out of 5 model it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cullin said:

Yeah. And guntruck variants. 5 out of 5 model it is.

Gun trucks will have to wait. While we are doing something else. 

ikwzTzelXKE.jpg

• Like 8

rama and andrew have created possibly the best model ever seen in arma.

given it is the base of many variations, we are going to be seeing a lot of it.

here's a sneak peek of some of the 30+ animations we are adding to the model, to do it justice.

• Like 4

The amount of realism and content dedicated for this mod is astonishing, maybe even better than ArmA 3 Vanilla.

Job well done mates!

Can't wait anymore for Echo :down:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Europeec said:

eggbeastwhen will you release the echo?

When it's ready, but team set goal is before September ends.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Europeec said:

eggbeastwhen will you release the echo?

Please note asking for release dates on this forum is considered spam, i would suggest you take a look at the forum rules that you agreed to when joining this forum.

• Like 2

we still have a lot to do:

1. integrating pooks updated sam stuff

2. changing all boats to shipx simulation (adding physx)

3. finish adding physx to the remaining airplanes (about 6 of them) and tweak flight models

4. test latest khe sanh map

5. fix any really messy bugs remaining (like the radio volume)

6. further animate the M35 truck, rebuild its shadow and geo lods

7. animate the new stoner LMG

8. test all the tanks and tweak physx

and right now, i'm the only guy left available afaik!

tetet has been fixing a ton of stuff but he's now away on work again.

the others are on work trips or dormant, or working on fox content.
so we may slip into October.

due to critical fixes required to work with latest arms developments, we have had to push into fox a lot of our planned work for echo:

- mig 21

- bayonets and melee

- traps

- improved jet model (damage / eject/ dynamic loadouts)

let's hope Tanks DLC doesn't break all the tanks, though I imagine it might!

At least we've added basic physx

we could really use some new team members to help out!

Ideally model editors and riggers (model.cfg animation and lod editing)

I am teaching some of the guys how to do it, but it's slow progress.

• Like 9

I'm just glad that there is work being done on this awesome project by someone so dedicated. Keep up the great work, and many thanks for a great mod.

• Like 5

Hi Folks,

Man - that's a LOT on one man's plate... I'm shocked this fantastic mod doesn't draw more talent... It's so darn immersive and one of the mods that keep me coming back to ArmA - time and time again... I can't get enough of running around in the jungle as USMC with an M-14... Here's to hoping some talented folks step up - as it's certainly not fair to dump this massive mod on one person...

:thumb:

Regards,

Scott

• Like 3

well i'm not alone, the other guys are just not available at present. so the timetable may slip.

it's a little depressing when you spend months fixing issues brought in due to engine updates, and never get to work on the cool stuff.

ever since the 64 bit update we have not been able to do much creative work, it has been fix, fix, fix.

• Like 6

it has been a busy week. have not achieved much myself, but the other guys have been steaming through some of the tasks.

most of the boats now have physx thanks to tetet

our new XM177-xm148 model from luchador is being imported by razorback

londo is working with atriox to refine roads on his latest khe sanh map

rama and adreev are working on optimising the M35 truck

Joe might be developing a new transistor radio model

I will be back on the M35 truck anims tomorrow hopefully!

• Like 11

I'm looking forward to Echo release more than any standalone game that's come out in a long time.  Good luck, your hard work is very much appreciated!

I'm teaching myself how to texture and code, hopefully I can grow up big and strong and help put some cool things out there.

• Like 2

Forgot to post here but you people deserve it! Take a look at the revived Combat Radio back from the days of ArmA 2.

RTO for infantry on both the West and East sides now come with a radio that can be turned on and support can be called in depending on what channel you want to select.
You click the "Power" button to turn the radio on, then select the channel via the "Selector" button then clicking the "Use" button on the handset will activate the support for the player to use. NOTE: NO HELICOPTERS HAVE TO ALREADY EXIST IN THE SCENE FOR THIS TO WORK. It will spawn the choppers/aircraft as per the support selected, no module needed!

- Resupply: The Resupply channel plays AFVN (Or North Vietnamese Music Depending on the faction radio you are using) locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on (Warning this is intentionally loud). When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a selection of helicopters (West: UH-1, UH-1 (Light), CH-47 and CH-34, East: Mi-8) to fly over a selected position either in character or on map and air drop a resupply crate.

Spoiler

F9C53A1C98E636ECF73747CB2F6D72EB439067C8

83E4BDE8A4DA892C22E7D829793047C50D3BF94A

B38970630D80129DED9FC5AC9CCE184331D42152

- Transport: The Transport channel plays Ground chatter locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on (This is the quietest option so if you travel around and want radio chatter this would be the best option). When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a selection of helicopters (West: UH-1, UH-1 (Light), CH-47 and CH-34, East: Mi-8) to fly over to selected position either in character or on map and land to pick up the players. Once aboard they will get another option to pick where they want to pilot to land, and again they can do this visually via character in third or first person, or select a position on the map.

Spoiler

B6DFFB89EA7ABE715E1501468D606A89745F0F2C

E9579EF51FB24B0911E50DBC0A8D279FB18C69E7

- Support: The Support channel plays Air chatter locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on. When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a few aircraft (West: AH-1, UH-1C, East: An-2 (Armed)) to fly over to selected position either in character or on map and will strike any enemies in the location of the marked position.

Spoiler

F207EDE1631C7AF624E41DA8880BE25D008BCAA3

EDCE2F5FB947CA5E1B5C5C39AC9E2531B1F35B70

0FDA4692F06810302E393D27A38AE39F02E0290D

By the way all radio backpacks are TFAR compatible, thanks

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Barden said:

Forgot to post here but you people deserve it! Take a look at the revived Combat Radio back from the days of ArmA 2.

RTO for infantry on both the West and East sides now come with a radio that can be turned on and support can be called in depending on what channel you want to select.
You click the "Power" button to turn the radio on, then select the channel via the "Selector" button then clicking the "Use" button on the handset will activate the support for the player to use. NOTE: NO HELICOPTERS HAVE TO ALREADY EXIST IN THE SCENE FOR THIS TO WORK. It will spawn the choppers/aircraft as per the support selected, no module needed!

- Resupply: The Resupply channel plays AFVN (Or North Vietnamese Music Depending on the faction radio you are using) locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on (Warning this is intentionally loud). When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a selection of helicopters (West: UH-1, UH-1 (Light), CH-47 and CH-34, East: Mi-8) to fly over a selected position either in character or on map and air drop a resupply crate.

Reveal hidden contents

F9C53A1C98E636ECF73747CB2F6D72EB439067C8

83E4BDE8A4DA892C22E7D829793047C50D3BF94A

B38970630D80129DED9FC5AC9CCE184331D42152

- Transport: The Transport channel plays Ground chatter locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on (This is the quietest option so if you travel around and want radio chatter this would be the best option). When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a selection of helicopters (West: UH-1, UH-1 (Light), CH-47 and CH-34, East: Mi-8) to fly over to selected position either in character or on map and land to pick up the players. Once aboard they will get another option to pick where they want to pilot to land, and again they can do this visually via character in third or first person, or select a position on the map.

Reveal hidden contents

B6DFFB89EA7ABE715E1501468D606A89745F0F2C

E9579EF51FB24B0911E50DBC0A8D279FB18C69E7

- Support: The Support channel plays Air chatter locally around your player whilst selected and the radio is on. When using, it will give the player the support option (Radio 0 - 8 ) to pick from a few aircraft (West: AH-1, UH-1C, East: An-2 (Armed)) to fly over to selected position either in character or on map and will strike any enemies in the location of the marked position.

Reveal hidden contents

F207EDE1631C7AF624E41DA8880BE25D008BCAA3

EDCE2F5FB947CA5E1B5C5C39AC9E2531B1F35B70

0FDA4692F06810302E393D27A38AE39F02E0290D

Very cool, gimmicky and overengineered feature suitable for that era like some overdesigned Secretary McNamara defence scheme or COIN project. 

But people like me or my guys who mainly play large scale coop just wished that this radios could be compatible with TFAR.....for years.

Regards.

1 hour ago, bolo861 said:

But people like me or my guys who mainly play large scale coop just wished that this radios could be compatible with TFAR.....for years.

That should be in as well, at least I see TFAR compatibility in the config for Echo. However it probably has only seen limited testing, due to lack of resources.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bolo861 said:

Very cool, gimmicky and overengineered feature suitable for that era like some overdesigned Secretary McNamara defence scheme or COIN project. 

Regards.

Added it to the post at the very bottom. Perhaps you can write a bug report or request on our forums so that we can hear your voices instead of you sitting there waiting for the years you apparently have! :)

Hi Barden,

This is the same radio from Arma 2 that would let you call in jet air strikes as well ??? You would pick the number of jets - their course - their distance from you ???

Regards,
Scott

Many many question marks-

Nevermind that. Yes, sort of the same. No, no jets in this one as Jets acted weird and wouldn't attack targets on your strike mark, only the helicopters would and that's why the jets aren't included in the list for now but will most likely be readded later when we continue to work on them in Fox.

• Like 2