sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Make a Mod folder new folder name it @unsung , then when you launch a3 , in the launcher click on mods , then add , find it in your directory and done. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pli55ken said:

Thanks for all the amazing work you guys have put into bringing Unsung to ARMA 3. Just got it running and have come across a bug with the helicopter AIs, they just seem to climb uncontrollably and fly incredibly sluggishly. Are you guys working on a fix for this? No amount of scripting in the editor seems to fix this issue. Vanilla ARMA 3 helicopters work just fine with the support module, the problem seems to be with the Unsung helicopters alone.

10 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I believe it's a known issue slated to be fixed in Echo...

Scott is exactly correct here, it was an issue with the glass of the Huey's (and I think another aircraft) but it is fixed in the echo build.

• Like 2

"tutorial - manual install of the unsung mod for Arma 3" - will be posted here soon - just uploading to youtube

• Like 1

Thank you all for helping me. Didn't realize how to do it and it said it's Installed and Loaded. Thanks a lot, Have a pleasant day !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smiley_ie said:

Are you guys looking for original Music for the mod ? 

What does original music mean? Hopefully non copy righted :)

upgraded to physx

- new gear animations and wheel and damper selections, physx lods, rebuilt geo lods to make them closed and convex:

- F100
- F105

- F111

F100

- upgraded cockpit animations

- added rotating muzzle flashes

- upgraded gear door sequencing to prevent clipping with main gear assemblies

F111

- fixed issue with folding wings

- upgraded gear door sequencing to prevent clipping with main gear assemblies

this is kinda the start of our finishing physx upgrades for planes

• Like 9

well after a few days of hard slog we now have an A1 skyraider that doesn't bounce around or drive off on it's own - gotta love physx lol

F100b

- fixed cockpit illumination

- animated 6 control levers in the cockpit

- animated approx. 15 dials correctly

- fixed mirror as PIP

- added new A3 quality muzzleflashes and animated them to rotate

- fixed gear door sequencing so the wheels dont clip

- added physx, dampers, mass, etc

- repaired geometries

- wheels now rotate

A1j

- fixed cockpit illumination

- animated 3 control levers in the cockpit

- animated approx. 15 dials correctly

- fixed mirror as PIP

- added new A3 quality muzzleflashes and animated them to rotate

- fixed an issue with shelldrop position

- fixed gear door sequencing so the wheels dont clip

- added physx, dampers, mass, etc

- repaired geometries

- wheels now rotate

- added hitpoints lod, animationsources and hitpoint entries

• Like 9

Hi Folks,

Now THAT's what I'm talk'n about - you and your team must have wills of steel - thanks for your perseverance...

:thumb:

Bravo Zulu !

Regards,
Scott

Unsung mod is proud to bring you -

New Permanent Server IP's

Teamspeak IP use 81.19.208.10 OR teamspeak.armanam.eu

SERVER IP's

Project Delta Co-op servers

PUBLIC 1: 81.19.228.10: 2350 (on new box)
PUBLIC 2:81.19.208.10: 2400 (on new box)
PUBLIC 3: 81.19.208.10: 2300 (on new box)

GD sponsored servers (USA etc)
PUBLIC 4: 23.254.0.186:2350
PUBLIC 5: 81.19.208.20:2350
PUBLIC 6: 81.19.208.20:2400
PUBLIC 7: 81.19.208.20:2450
PUBLIC 8: 104.192.224.20:2600

Private beta test servers

BETA (main) 1: 81.19.208.10: 2450 (on new box)

BETA 2 (tet): 85.214.121.168:3302

We will soon be adding some PVE (Evolution, Insurgency etc), Fun (small non-persistent missions), PVP (with Fusion and Frontline hopefully) and a Cambodia map server. The new box has capacity for 8 servers easily. Very good frame rates, and smooth AI performance, meaning they do all kinds of mad behaviours in combat.

• Like 2

sav has retired. best to speak to barden as he's our active PR guy.

ok well i just had a look at the A7 corsair - I am amazed it even worked for this long

• Fixed all geo lods as they were non convex
  • Added missing geo physx lod
  • added new hitpoints lod, animsources and class
  • upgraded fire geo rvmats to A3
  • added missing wheel and damper anim sources and selections
  • fixed wheel rotation and damper animations
  • completely reanimated cockpit dials and stick
  • upgraded lights to A3 standard
  • added rotating A3 standard muzzleflash

it all worked first try this time. physx sussed lol

• Like 7

upgraded A6
- cockpit anims
- animated sticks
- rebuilt wheels and gear and reanimated them
- fixed geometries (non convex) and added wingfold parts to it (no more collision with invisible wing geometry!)

- redistributed mass to improve handling

- added physx geo
- added hitpoints
- replaced faulty pilot proxy
- fixed faulty fuel probe anim
- new light proxies

• Like 11

Hello,

I use to pilot a lot in Arma 3 (I don't think @Barden notice me but I was the CAS pilot in the bugged mission last sunday) and I have some suggestion for your plane. I don't know if you already answer to some of them but anyway

- add radar support from DLC jet

- add dynamic inventory for plané

Well... hm... basically try to implement all the things bring by jet DLC. It will reduce the quantity of model you need and the player will be able to create any combination of plane and loadout he need. You can even create ARH missile for wild weasel/SEAD loadout (like AGM-45 Shrike, etc). I don't know if it's a huge work on your side though.

- allow players to bind key to some action (like afterburner on and off, tailhook down, etc) via the "configure addon" when you change your keybind.

- remove/tone down reflection on the canopy. In certain case it's impossible to see due to the sun reflection

- Tone down the WEP on A7 corsair!!!! This thing is just too effective! Try to turn it into an afterburner (that you can toggle On and Off) with something like 1.5 time the standard power and that you can't use below a certain speed... right now I can take off with only 20m and WEP...

- I wasn't able to enter inside a bunch of plane, many from the US Navy. Even the A7 corsair is tricky to enter. It looks like the model and the interaction model are not at the same place. It's pretty visible when you use ACE that use the "interaction model".

- make a pass on the some texture... sometimes it's really weird (for example look at the side panel from th A-7...)

I will continue to test your plane as I find you r mod interesting and if I have other suggestion, I will let you know. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S3blapin said:

- add radar support from DLC jet

- add dynamic inventory for plané

Hi S3blapin, thanks for your feedback. As you've seen by the posts by Eggbeast we've been busy updating the planes. I've added basic sensors to them a couple of days before, but the bulk of updates is really to the suspension and the landing gear. Simply said, there cannot be a dynamic loadout for Echo as there is no time for configuring and testing it.

- allow players to bind key to some action (like afterburner on and off, tailhook down, etc) via the "configure addon" when you change your keybind.

- remove/tone down reflection on the canopy. In certain case it's impossible to see due to the sun reflection

- Tone down the WEP on A7 corsair!!!! This thing is just too effective! Try to turn it into an afterburner (that you can toggle On and Off) with something like 1.5 time the standard power and that you can't use below a certain speed... right now I can take off with only 20m and WEP...

- I wasn't able to enter inside a bunch of plane, many from the US Navy. Even the A7 corsair is tricky to enter. It looks like the model and the interaction model are not at the same place. It's pretty visible when you use ACE that use the "interaction model".

- make a pass on the some texture... sometimes it's really weird (for example look at the side panel from th A-7...)

I will continue to test your plane as I find you r mod interesting and if I have other suggestion, I will let you know. :)

1. I like that idea for dynamic key bindings, but we will need to have an internal discussion if we want to use CBA for this. Do not expect it for Echo.
  2. The canopy and textures are old and have not been updated after the lighting changes in arma 3. Any volunteers?
  3. A bit ironical as the A-7 didn't have an afterburner from what I know... I'll make a ticket
  4. There was a change in Arma 3 where many of the get in points for vehicles no longer worked, when they are not on the ground. AFAIK we fixed them all for Echo, but I will double check.
  5. As written 2, we're looking for texturer's help. Unfortunately most of the planes have no psd templates or some such, so it's quite hard labour.

Feel free to use the bug report thread on the armanam.eu forum as well.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TeTeT said:
  1. A bit ironical as the A-7 didn't have an afterburner from what I know... I'll make a ticket

Hi,

While the A-7 used the same engine as the F111 and the F14 - it didn't have an afterburner or supersonic flight...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi,

While the A-7 used the same engine as the F111 and the F14 - it didn't have an afterburner or supersonic flight...

Regards,
Scott

Not really...

The F111 used 2 Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-100

The F14 was iniially eqquipped with 2 Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-100 too, but it was changed in favor of General Electric F110-GE-400

The A-7 used a Allison TF41-A-2 non-afterburning turbofan engine.

SO yes, no turbo fan, but not the same as the F111. :)

56 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Hi S3blapin, thanks for your feedback. As you've seen by the posts by Eggbeast we've been busy updating the planes. I've added basic sensors to them a couple of days before, but the bulk of updates is really to the suspension and the landing gear. Simply said, there cannot be a dynamic loadout for Echo as there is no time for configuring and testing it.

Hi. I totally understand that. :) At least the Sensor is something more important than the Dynamic loadout. :)

57 minutes ago, TeTeT said:
  1. I like that idea for dynamic key bindings, but we will need to have an internal discussion if we want to use CBA for this. Do not expect it for Echo.
  2. The canopy and textures are old and have not been updated after the lighting changes in arma 3. Any volunteers?
  3. A bit ironical as the A-7 didn't have an afterburner from what I know... I'll make a ticket
  4. There was a change in Arma 3 where many of the get in points for vehicles no longer worked, when they are not on the ground. AFAIK we fixed them all for Echo, but I will double check.
  5. As written 2, we're looking for texturer's help. Unfortunately most of the planes have no psd templates or some such, so it's quite hard labour.

1. It's totally up to you. :) It could just be really intersting, especially for those who use HOTAS.

2&5. Erf... I would like to help but I have litterally no knowledge in mdodding...

3. Yes, It didn't have any afertburner... I thought You add a WEP because you found somewhere that he can used one... If there's no AFterburner/WEP, completely remove it. it's simpler.

4. Oh, I see. :) Can't wait for Echo then.

Thanks for the answers. :)

• Like 1

all carrier planes are equipped with afterburner or WEP, so they can take off if the catapult is faulty.

• Like 2

upgraded A4 skyhawk:

- replaced / reanimated gear to fix clipping issue
- animated new dampers and wheels
- rear wheels now correctly rotate when closing
- animated 16 cockpit dials and 3 levers (throttle, gear, stick)
- made cockpit night lights
- rebuilt HUD glass and target reticle (much easier to see now)
- re-crafted cabin walls in pilot view
- tweaked flight model
- redesigned mass dispersion and added physx
- rebuilt geometries
- updated lights
- updated and animated muzzle flashes
- updated pilot proxy
- fixed capacity so you can now take out the parachute
- added working hitpoints
- fixed fuel probe

• Like 4