sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

2 hours ago, aa3 said:

嗨,谢谢你的帖子。我们的武装UH1是正确的型号 - 较短的机舱UH1B和C.较长的机舱UH1-D是您张贴的图片。
 D型没有携带火箭荚。我们有D型直升机已经运输和医疗撤离 

hi, thanks for your post. our armed UH1's are the correct model - the shorter cabin UH1B and C. The longer cabin UH1-D is the model you have posted a picture of. The D model did not carry rocket pods. We have that D model helicopter already for transport and medical evacuation.

• Like 1

That short B/C model without rockets would be good for transport tho. Just needs doorguns.

what you sayin? that pic is of a D or a B? i thought it was just a weird angle on the BIS D/H model

if he's just shortened the cabin, it still has H engines. i'll download it and have a look-see

it's from TakeOn Helicopters - a H model huey, in pbo only format. nothing we can use here unfortunately.

The last picture he posted. Short cabin huey. Isn't that B or C model? If I remember right unsung doesn't have short cabin huey transport version..

it's the BIS H that he's resized to look like a B so it's a bit of a chopmod job.

nicer texture than our B's, and we have thought before about rescaling the cabin on the BIS model D/H we have, BUT the engines would need redoing

we already bought another model B, so not really bothered tbh, especially as it is provided as a binned pbo and not an mlod..

• Like 1

On 16/4/2017 at 4:50 AM, Polyus said:

Hello again! I found a rather nice B-52 that I would be interested in donating if it meets your standards. https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/aircraft/military/boeing-b52-stratofortress

The fact is to replicate an Arc Light, you do not even need the actual plane.  They flew so high that the only thing visible from ground were the condensation contrails of the flight formation.  A few seconds after the contrails pass overhead, you hear the distant humm of the engines and then the string of bombs hitting ground.

If a script magician could organize that it would be cool, order an arc light, set up initial point and direction of the bombing run on the map, and after a few minutes, you see the white contrails in the sky, the script make a pattern of markers following the direction of the "flight", and then it creates an explosion on each marker with a short interval between them.   

I wish I had the skills to program it!!!

• Like 4

Is the Echo version still in development? Or project is canceled? There was info about release in July, we at almost end of July and there is no Echo version, no info, nothing?

43 minutes ago, alduric said:

Is the Echo version still in development? Or project is canceled? There was info about release in July, we at almost end of July and there is no Echo version, no info, nothing?

From Eggbeast from back on June 27, "preparing to launch ECHO on Steam here in early August 2017"

4 hours ago, alduric said:

Sorry mate, an announcement was made on the steam group and I guess it didn't get around, my bad!

(It's after the M35 stuff)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theunsungvietnamwarmod#announcements/detail/2901858592723103338

• Like 1

yeah we're trying to fix the simulation types in all of our vehicles. This is because 64 bit does not support older simulation types, and causes CTD memory leaks.

1. some are only available binarized so will have to be made to scope 1 temporarily (all the SAM stuff that is simulation = "Car").

2. boats are in progress but not very hopeful right now - literally zero progess

3. other cars are pretty much done but the wheels don't turn any more, we seem to have achoice of EITHER working dampers OR spinning wheels, but not both.

4. tanks are in progress very very slowly - I fixed the T34 great but the T55 flies into space when you accelerate, then all the US tanks must follow.

5. aircraft are completely borked - dampers, pilot positions, engines, some bounce unti lthey explode, some are stuck fast to the ground, some drive themselves, empty without engine on, some the pilot is sitting through the floor

basically we have been screwed by losing backward compatibility for simulation types, right before release, which was causing CTD every hour on the public server.

A lot of the team are away and non-productive right now, so there is very little progress.

We are fully on the case motivation-wise, but work and personal lives are blocking progress.

the guys in the team who are around are working on minor things as they don't have the skills to conquer the undocumented physx nightmare...

• Like 3

On 7/27/2017 at 3:40 AM, eggbeast said:

all the SAM stuff that is simulation = "Car"

SAM Pack updates are happening albeit more slowly than expected... wanted to be finished with them by now.  Perhaps a few more weeks for those to be ready to play.  "perhaps" lol

• Like 3

that's great news thanks pook, we're aiming for feature lock at end of august after this recent pushback on the release to september.

we are all experiencing issues converting simulation types.

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

we are all experiencing issues converting simulation types.

yes..... all of us..... 

• Like 3

Just a BIG THANK YOU, to all the moder's who give so much of their time to keep Arma a great game. Nothing is ever easy it seems.

• Like 8

been having a bit of fun with this "thought experiment" in fast extraction through jungle canopy:

a modified STABO harness assembly capable of penetrating the canopy and being sling-loaded by a passing extraction helicopter.

It has 6 seats, all capable of FFV, so you can extract (or insert) hot and firing your weapons.

As you lift off with it it pulls up each man one at a time so they form a string, dragging behind the aircraft, just like a real STABO line.

It has a small folding tripod on the bottom for added stability, you can deploy flares or smoke while seated in the harness.

It is currently a deployable backpack assembly, much like a 50 cal and tripod. I may make it a spawnable item in my missions for one of the team to spawn via action.

A bit of work to do, but it's getting there

This is the early prototype (without a tripod) which shows the basic animations

hY8kwIL.jpg

O2LbQno.jpg

T8VaXMG.jpg

4QppzJR.jpg

• Like 12

Hi Folks,

Now THAT is just too cool !!!

:thumb:

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

So I downloaded it, being my first time doing something like this, I don't know what to do know. The intructions confuse me and Even when I follow them it doesn't show it. Can some one help me on this ? (I put them Into the Addons folder in the ARMA III folder itself)

Thanks for all the amazing work you guys have put into bringing Unsung to ARMA 3. Just got it running and have come across a bug with the helicopter AIs, they just seem to climb uncontrollably and fly incredibly sluggishly. Are you guys working on a fix for this? No amount of scripting in the editor seems to fix this issue. Vanilla ARMA 3 helicopters work just fine with the support module, the problem seems to be with the Unsung helicopters alone.

Thanks for all the amazing work you guys have put into bringing Unsung to ARMA 3. Just got it running and have come across a bug with the helicopter AIs, they just seem to climb uncontrollably and fly incredibly sluggishly. Are you guys working on a fix for this? No amount of scripting in the editor seems to fix this issue. Vanilla ARMA 3 helicopters work just fine with the support module, the problem seems to be with the Unsung helicopters alone.

Hi...

I believe it's a known issue slated to be fixed in Echo...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Wolfnator said:

So I downloaded it, being my first time doing something like this, I don't know what to do know. The intructions confuse me and Even when I follow them it doesn't show it. Can some one help me on this ? (I put them Into the Addons folder in the ARMA III folder itself)

NEVER put anything into or out of the Arma 3\addons folder - you will break your install.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

NEVER put anything into or out of the Arma 3\addons folder - you will break your install.

So what do I do ?