sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

6 hours ago, kilroy_pl said:

Great mod guys and i cant weit to another update and new vechcles to use in my cold war missions but i have one question. Are you considering to change uniforms in the near future ? I think they still looks like from Arma 2 and need some work also change a name from BDU to TCU. 

Hey thanks for the compliment and question :)

We do plan on updating as much as possible progressively as time goes by, and uniforms have always been a priority on our list. We will update them soon as soon as we can <3

• Like 1

Well thank you for considering a donation as generous as that. The model looks ok at 72k polys. We could get that into game reasonably easily assuming that some 20k was cockpit parts and thus able to be cut and pasted into viewpilot/cargo lods

so i would ask them 2 questions

1 can we see the cockpit view?

2 are the 72k polys quads or tri's?

if they are quads like our new mig15, then turning them into tris doubles the face count making it a rebuild job to be able to het it down to 50k

an ideal aircraft model will come in fbx format with a cockpit and uvmap and less than 60k triangulated polys/faces

ok, so a quick review of this weeks work:

Razorback has issued us with final release candidates for

- Doung

- Da Krong

these include muddy water, and many changes to enhance the islands.

The hueys now have

- working sticks, pedals and collectives

- animated windscreen wipers

- animated openable doors

- fixed and tested geometry - AI can now fly them!

- fixed carrying capacity so you can now swap inventory items in them

- fixed hitpoints

- fixed selection issue where tail rotor damage cause main rotor to fail

- fixed fire geo issue where tail rotor geometry clipped main rotor geometry

New weapons added for VC:

- Nambu Type 100 smg - animated

- Kar 98k rifle - in progress

- new RPG-7 model - in progress

new M35 truck from Ramamarines - pics soon

fixed server crashes by switching to 32 bit exe. 4 weeks of crashing every hour on 64 bit was a chore. Let's hope BI find and fix more crashes in the 64 bit exe.

• Like 8

Great work! I'm so happy about those windscreen wipers and openable doors :D 

So does the M35 get into Echo update?

Hi again! This is a small thing, but do you think you could make the napalm effects brighter? The last few times I used it it was a lot dimmer than the burning vehicles and buildings.

ok some more work on the slick and dust-off hueys:

completely reworked dials, based on BI model, moved into positions based on real world pics of the huey D model.

Q5isgtX.jpg

created new backlighting for them too

YOyzjha.jpg

added
- working dials for most functions
- collective, pedals and stick animations
- working doors
- automatic windshield wipers
- new hitpoints and damage model
- fixed geometry
- working dampers
- even the clock works!

- engine warm up and cooldown looks interesting now in cockpit displays - watch the vid for example

• Like 9

Very nice :)

No need to mention that the virtual horizon is going the wrong way I guess?

fixed! thanks.

- added dual controls for copilot

- fixed cockpit horizon dial
- added door functions, including new engine check to close
- fixed copilot lod so dials and backlights work for him

• Like 2

20 years in game evolution... the teenagers of today never had it so good

THEN

NOW

• Like 3

Looks pretty awesome.  I just got back into A3, so I'm on a mod downloading binge.  Will definitely need to check this out.

Question...what other navy aircraft are you planning (if any).  From what I've seen, you have the A-3, A-4, A-6, A-7, C-1, and E-2.  Any fighters in the works?  F-4 or F-8?  I saw there is a USAF one.  Also any carrier based SAR asset planned (SH-3 maybe)?

I know the A-1's were also carrier based as well, dunno if you guys planned on doing a USN skin.

Don't take this as a request or anything, I was just curious if any of this stuff was in the pipeline.  You guys are doing an awesome job!

5 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Looks pretty awesome.  I just got back into A3, so I'm on a mod downloading binge.  Will definitely need to check this out.

Question...what other navy aircraft are you planning (if any).  From what I've seen, you have the A-3, A-4, A-6, A-7, C-1, and E-2.  Any fighters in the works?  F-4 or F-8?  I saw there is a USAF one.  Also any carrier based SAR asset planned (SH-3 maybe)?

I know the A-1's were also carrier based as well, dunno if you guys planned on doing a USN skin.

Don't take this as a request or anything, I was just curious if any of this stuff was in the pipeline.  You guys are doing an awesome job!

They have F-4s in the latest release

hey isles, welcome to a3 mate. always appreciated your support and enthusiasm in A2.

we do have a navy F4, and a navy A1 is planned at some point. we also have f100 and f105 (usaf) and O2 skymaster and a future O1 bird dog. I think we also have an A37 dragonfly and an OV1 bronco in the garage but nobody available to work on them at present, so i'd say they are a year off release.

we also have an F8 and various other navy aircraft from virtavia (freeware) but again nobody to work on them.

for opfor we have planned a mig 15, mig17, mig19 and mig21, currently i am planning to implement the mig21 by june. i already imported and adapted an AN2.

be sure to hook up with us for a game sometime!

• Like 5

Based on an idea by commy2 I wrote a small addon that disables the rug dsai voices in the arsenal. We've tested this and it works, but you never know what happens out in the wilderness of arma 3 systems of players. So please give this small addon a try, it shall disable rug dsai voices in arsenal, but leave them enabled in any other mission: 

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/ttt_rugdsai.pbo

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/ttt_rugdsai.pbo.TeTeT.bisign

If anyone feels like making a proper addon out of this for Unsung Delta please take the code and config and modify at will, just leave the comments intact and add your own, preferably on top of the old ones.

• Like 5

we should ask EW Dennenboom to look at it, he's a great coder.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eggbeast said:

hey isles, welcome to a3 mate. always appreciated your support and enthusiasm in A2.

we do have a navy F4, and a navy A1 is planned at some point. we also have f100 and f105 (usaf) and O2 skymaster and a future O1 bird dog. I think we also have an A37 dragonfly and an OV1 bronco in the garage but nobody available to work on them at present, so i'd say they are a year off release.

we also have an F8 and various other navy aircraft from virtavia (freeware) but again nobody to work on them.

for opfor we have planned a mig 15, mig17, mig19 and mig21, currently i am planning to implement the mig21 by june. i already imported and adapted an AN2.

be sure to hook up with us for a game sometime!

Oh wow, that's pretty sweet!  Unfortunately, I know nothing about creating mods or anything, otherwise I'd volunteer to help.  I'm full of cool ideas, just don't have the knowledge of skills to create the stuff.  

One day I'll get online and take up your offer!  Not sure when though.  RL is kinda hectic

On 2017-4-26 at 2:03 AM, eggbeast said:

ok some more work on the slick and dust-off hueys:

completely reworked dials, based on BI model, moved into positions based on real world pics of the huey D model.

created new backlighting for them too

added
- working dials for most functions
- collective, pedals and stick animations
- working doors
- automatic windshield wipers
- new hitpoints and damage model
- fixed geometry
- working dampers
- even the clock works!

- engine warm up and cooldown looks interesting now in cockpit displays - watch the vid for example

Awesome! Any chance this will have AFM support?

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images and videos as per the forum rules!
  • Like 1

i added animated pedals

i tried using some of the advanced RTD animationsources but i dont have the dlc to be able to test them

so it's a half-assed AFM approach for now.

• Like 1